Font/Style adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font/Style adjustments

This is not a glitch, but I was wondering if there was anyway to preset the font and size of my posts so that I didn't have to adjust it every time. For some reason, my font size always seem to come out as ity-bitty unless I manually change it every time. I guess I'm just a sucker for big fonts. And I like Verdana over the default.

Not important - just personal preference.

Originally posted by American Aurora View Post
    This is not a glitch, but I was wondering if there was anyway to preset the font and size of my posts so that I didn't have to adjust it every time. For some reason, my font size always seem to come out as ity-bitty unless I manually change it every time. I guess I'm just a sucker for big fonts. And I like Verdana over the default.

Not important - just personal preference.
    This may not be relevant to your question, but I've found one way of adjusting how big or small the text appears is to press the 'Command' key simultaneously with the '+' or '-' key.

If you'd like the font or text to appear larger, then pressing 'command' with the '+' will do that until it reaches the desired size. And if you want to reduce the size, you just press 'command' and the '-' key.

This will automatically adjust how big or small you'd like the font to appear on the site. But it will 'preset' all posts at that size though (not just your own.) And it will stay that way whenever you revisit the site, unless you change it back.

Comment

• American Aurora
      American Aurora commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, SpuffyGlitz. That really worked! As you can clearly tell, from a tech standpoint, I am at the level of a tribble.

American Aurora You can make adjustments on your own profile page to style but when you're posting in the main forum the fonts/sizes are dictated by the site styles. We made all of the fonts larger when we first upgraded as that seemed something that a few members wanted, but other than changing the styles themselves again you would need to adjust your posting font/size each time. Personally, I probably wouldn't want to see the styles get bigger by default unless it was something that a lot of members wanted.

The font type varies in the different skins too, so you might find flicking between them that there is one that uses verdana (I can't off the top of my head remember if any do). Using the zoom option to adjust your visual on the site as SpuffyGlitz suggests is probably the easiest option to get the sizing as you'd prefer as it'll apply to all the posts you can't personally adjust too.

Comment

• American Aurora
      Editing a comment
      What, you mean we shouldn't all use Comic Sans! Thanks for explaining it - I guess it would be ridiculous if everyone was doing different fonts constantly.

• Stoney
      Stoney commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not a fan of Comic Sans. I think it is the Trebuchet font that is used in Wood, I'll check tomorrow if any of the styles use Verdana.

I love the Verdana font also! It's probably one of my favourite fonts. I just checked again and I don't think we have Verdana in any of the styles.

I looked through all the styles and "Black Red", "Blue Green" and "Cool Blue" have the smallest fonts.

The biggest font size comes in the "Denim" style. Looking at American Aurora 's post (with the larger Verdana font) in that style, it doesn't look noticeably bigger than any of the other posts in that style.

If it isn't completely impractical and out of the question (and if enough people love Verdana), I don't know if the Denim font could be changed to Verdana? It would automatically show up in a large size in that style.

Obviously all the font changes on the site are complete though. And I'm happy with it as it is too.

Comment

Ah, thanks for having had a look through the options SpuffyGlitz . I'm surprised none of them use Verdana already to be honest. I would have thought it might be possible to change one of the styles to use it as standard, if it doesn't adversely affect how the style looks generally. Of course it might be disliked by people already using that style though, so it probably isn't the best solution. We could always reactivate one of the unused styles if we got a new banner and use verdana in it. Nina I don't suppose you know if any of the unused ones did have verdana as the main font? We could even create a style that specifically has a larger font too, but as you can view the site larger by zooming there is a way to personalise that aspect.

EDIT: I'm just going to move this conversation into its own thread as it isn't about a glitch.

Comment

• Nina
        Nina commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know if there is a Verdana style, but we could try making one for sure.

Nina From having a quick look through the unused styles I think Stripes might be Verdana, but I suppose we could look to change any of the others. Red and Orange/Purple are quite straight forward styles that might suit it or Pink. I don't mind trying a new banner but I wouldn't have time for it for a while and I'm so slow. Possibly a post the main restructuring project.

Comment

• Nina
        Nina commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't mind making a banner this weekend if people don't mind a simple one.

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        Simple to you would no doubt be an epic achievement for me, so if you've time and inclination that'd be great.

• SpuffyGlitz
        SpuffyGlitz commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooh anything by you would be amazing, I already know!

American Aurora SpuffyGlitz

Nina was able to change a couple of the unused skins to Verdana and created variations of the Default site banner for them. I think we've ironed out the initial quirks we saw with them now. So, Red and Orange/Purple have joined as two further style options that offer the Verdana font.

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
        SpuffyGlitz commented
        Editing a comment
        Omg, I'm over the moon!   I love the variations and colours, and it's wonderful to have new options in the Verdana font! Thanks so much Nina and Stoney

• American Aurora
        Editing a comment
        Wow! It all looks fantastic! Thank you!
    Working...
    X