Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc you have technical issues with the Fanfiction Discussion Group

Hey y'all,

the settings for the fanfiction discussion group restrict all posts to be viewed or made by group members only.

Due to this setting and/or the fact that it is an Invite-only group the group does not appear on the main site if you click on the button "Group" in the header. However, the group does appear on the menu on the right-hand side. At least this is what it looks like for me:

There seem to be additional technical issues that might be connected to the group settings. Some members of the group don't get notifications although they are subscribed to the group. Some can't access the group at all despite being members.

So, I'd like for all group members to give me feedback if and what technical issues they have with regard to the Fanfiction Discussion Group. You can either simply vote in the poll or leave a comment or tell us about your technical issues in a post.

To everyone who is not (yet) a member of the Fanfiction Discussion Group - this is by no means a selective group. We don't want to exclude anyone. If you want to join, just drop me a pm and feel welcome.

flow
    I can see the group in the group menu
    66.67%
    I can't see or find the group anywhere
    16.67%
    I can't access the group although I am a member
    0%
    I don't get notifications for the group although I have subscribed
    16.67%
    I see new group postst pop up in the New Topics/Latest Activity lists
    33.33%
    I have other technical issues I will explain further in a post
    16.67%
    Last edited by flow; 07-03-21, 01:05 PM.

I see the Fanfic group on the list on the right as yo look at the screen, but when I go in, there are no threads.

Comment

• Stoney
      Stoney commented
      Editing a comment
      Priceless SpuffyGlitz said they found by clicking on the 'latest activity' tab in the group and then returning to the topics tab, the threads returned.

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stoney, that got me back in

The group not appearing in the lists goes against the permission settings, it should be there from what I can see, so I've raised a support ticket with vBulletin to try to find out why it isn't appearing in the list at all now. Those who are already members should still have it listed in their 'My Groups' list.

If anyone who is a member but can't see the group at all, it might be worth going into your notifications and clicking on the filter to see older dismissed ones too. You may be able to find an old notification that relates to the group that finds it?

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
      Due to this setting and/or the fact that it is an Invite-only group the group does not appear on the main site if you click on the button "Group" in the header. However, the group does appear on the menu on the right-hand side. At least this is what it looks like for me:
      My view is the same as yours. I also voted "I see new group posts pop up in the New Topics/Latest Activity lists".

https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• GoSpuffy
        GoSpuffy commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too but I missed voting for that option

I can click on the group, but I only see flow's threads. I have clicked on latest, but still no threads.

Comment

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        TT have you tried following a notification into the group? You can look back through your old notifications, but I'll go in and mention you in a thread so that you get a notification through.

Originally posted by Tiny Tabby View Post
      I can click on the group, but I only see flow's threads. I have clicked on latest, but still no threads.
      I have just sent you a pm with a link. Can you access the group and all threads by following the link?

flow

Comment

No, it seems to think that I'm not subscribed to the group. It doesn't show up in my subscriptions.

Comment

• Stoney
          Stoney commented
          Editing a comment
          You're definitely in the group members list. What thread are you trying to get into and I'll send you a notification from inside that thread?
      Working...
      X