Issues with Imgur (not this site)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Imgur (not this site)

I am sorry to come up with a technical glitch that isn't related to this site but I don't know who else to ask. I have already contacted the support at Imgur but I have little hope I will get a response any time soon or ever.

I keep getting this error when I try to use Imgur:

400 Bad request
    Request Header or Cookie Too Large.

Sometimes I get this message before I can even access my account sometimes after I have accessed it. I have deleted ALL Cookies. I have deleted my browser cache. I have tried from a different laptop. It's always the same error. What can I do? Please help!

I use Microsoft Edge as a browser.

If you know any alternative to Imgur (preferably free and easy to browse), please let me know.
    flow

Well, I use (https://imgbb.com/) for my thumbnails for my art.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Have you tried swopping to a different browser, like Google chrome or something?

Comment

I haven't. I am technically challenged. I have no idea how Microsoft edge ended up on my laptop and I wouldn't know where and how to get Google Chrome.

flow

Comment

Google it? Mentioning your computers specifications maybe?

Comment

I just remembered that my laptop has Opera and I tried to access my Imgur gallery via Opera. I got the exact same result. I have no idea what you mean by computer specification? I am sorry to be of so little help. I use a Medion laptop and Windows.

flow

Comment

Well I sometimes Google for something adding key words to help pinpoint what I want. Like Google chrome, Mac, OS 10.16 or something like that.

Comment

From having a bit of a search (and I'm really not technical too so I apologise for anything that turns out to be a useless suggestion), that error is because the server dislikes the size of the cookie for that domain or the cookie is corrupted, that's why it refuses to show it. So a different browser might not care or could feel the same about it, or Imgur will get enough complaints that they'll fix their error (if it is theirs). I don't know if you can tell your browser to block cookies from specific sites, that might stop it trying to accept Imgur's and be another way to avoid the problem. Otherwise trying other image hosting sites or other browsers seem the best solutions.

I use Slickpic and I think they have a free level but I don't know what the restrictions/limitations for the free member level are.

Comment

• flow
                  flow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You were right. It was an error imgur was responsible for and luckily they fixed it.

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad it got sorted out, these things can be hugely frustrating when they don't work properly.

I've tried blocking cookies too. I am afraid it's not working. Slickpic charges even for the basic level. I will try Imgshare now and hope that'll work.

Thank you all for your support.

flow

Comment

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry about that, they used to have a free level.
              Working...
              X