thumbnail pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thumbnail pics

I am not very skilled at technical stuff-. For the upcoming outfit game I will have to post 22 pics per round and I was thinking if I could post them as thumbnails, meaning you have a very small pic that is shown in the post until you click on it and then it suddenly enlarges. So, no I am not looking for pics of thumbnails if you should have worried about that

I am using imgur, by the way. Just in case it makes any difference to the posting of thumbnail pics....

If anyone has an idea of what I am talking about and even more of how to do it, please let me know

flow

Hey flow I don't use imgur but generally image hosting sites have multiple options when you get a code to insert and the option to provide a thumbnail that will link through to the original file tends to be one of them. But after a quick search it seems it might not be straightforward with imgur. This link makes a suggestion of how to create a code for thumbnails for imgur. I've no idea if what it says works.... https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=248289

It's worth noting the original source it quotes on that page says you use the following letters in the code for varying sized thumbnails :
    s - 90 x 90 (doesn't keep image proportions)
    b - 160 x 160 (doesn't keep image proportions)
    t - 160 x 160 (does keep proportions)
    m - 320 x 320 (does keep proportions)
    l - 640 x 640 (does keep proportions)

There may be a more straightforward way than having to create the code from the URL yourself. I think Nina might use Imgur so may have a better idea.

Comment

Thank you so much, Stoney. This is a thumbnail of a pic I have uploaded on imgur. That means the thumbnail option actually works. I am still looking for a way to allow the pic to also pop up. Posting 22 pics in their original size in a thread means the thread will be huge. I was thinking I could avoid that by posting thumbnails and only when people want to take a closer look at one of the pics they can enlargen it by clicking on it. The thumbnail pics are too small to really see what outfit Buffy is wearing.

Hoewever, it is possible that there isn't an easy way of doing this and I will simply have to post larger pics. Unless anyone has a better idea ...?

flow
      Last edited by flow; 17-06-20, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm a successful thumbnail, but it doesn't link. I'll look at your code by checking the quote of your post and then try to build a link as per the suggested format...

Okay that didn't work. Could you provide the URL of the full sized image?

Comment

Like this?

https://i.imgur.com/E6WqESk.jpg

Or as a pic?

Comment

Seeing the link in my above post I realize I could simply post a thumbnail pic plus the link to imgur and people then would have to click the link if they want to look at the pic more closely.

flow

Comment

You could. But that coding in that link works if you'd rather they clicked on the thumbnail (as I've done here).

If you use this coding (minus the 2 asterisks) and just amend the photo code (the part in bold) in them for each one it will work. You need to keep the extra 't' after the image code in the second one for it to know to make it a thumbnail...

[*url=https://i.imgur.com/E6WqESk.jpg][*img]https://i.imgur.com/E6WqESkt.jpg[/img][/url]

Comment

You could always make it a slightly bigger thumbnail and then people might only click to view the bigger version if they want a closer look. The larger thumbnail codes are an extra m or an extra l...

[*url=https://i.imgur.com/E6WqESk.jpg][*img]https://i.imgur.com/E6WqESkm.jpg[/img][/url] (with the thumbnail size of 'm' but the asterisks and bolding removed) gives...

[*url=https://i.imgur.com/E6WqESk.jpg][*img]https://i.imgur.com/E6WqESkl.jpg[/img][/url] (with the thumbnail size of 'l' but the asterisks and bolding removed) gives...

I'd argue the second is large enough you wouldn't really call it a thumbnail anymore anyway.

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Interestingly I've discovered that if you do that and create the thumbnail links then go back into the post to edit it, it embeds the thumbnails as pictures and breaks the link. You then have to reenter the thumbnail/linking code.

Last edited by flow; 17-06-20, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you reloaded the pic?

I accidentally deleted it from imgur. Sigh.

flow

Comment

Well now we've worked out the coding I'm happy to help you with it if you decide to go down that route flow. I suspect that we can create the varying size thumbnail shots without the links if you decided to put them in as the URL rather than clickable links. I would suggest that the 'm', the medium sized thumbnail might allow for people to not need to click, but I'm not sure how many pics you are planning to put in each round. You might even opt for the larger/small photo size and probably remove the need to click through to the full sized image completely.

Just let me know if there's anything else you'd like help with.

Comment

Initially, I intended to set up one round for each episode. That would have meant 22 pics for each round and 12 for season one. But I am now re-considering if I should go for two rounds per episode to have fewer pics per each round. Otherwise, there will be a lot of pics, especially if we use the quote feature as we have always done with the other games.

flow

Comment

[FONT=inherit]E6WqESk.jpg]

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/5yY9PS8t.jpg
                      [FONT=inherit]5yY9PS8t.jpg]

Comment

Comment

Please, don't pay any attention to me. I am only fiddling around, trying to find out how to do it best

1. red v-neck longsleeve

I think it works best like you have suggested with posting it as a thumbnail pic and if people want to look at the outfit closer they can click on the thumbnail. I would also add a short description and consecutive numbering like I did in the pic above.

flow
                          Last edited by flow; 18-06-20, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• flow
                            flow commented
                            Editing a comment
                            There is a huge drawback though. I have edited the post and as you said earlier it somehow breaks the link to Imgur. I have put the link back above but it means that I can't edit my post when I put up a new round for the game. This is hugely unfair :-(

If you save a copy of the codes in a word document before you upload them you could always add the new round and then reupload the new list. Of course you don't need to put all the pictures from different rounds into the same post.

As for the quote function in the voting, the pics could always be under a spoiler tag and then having them larger and not worrying about being able to keep the ability to click the link might be better. I suspect the quoting will also break the links. I'll check by quoting one of yours from earlier in the thread...

Comment

Just checking if the clickable link stays when quoted...

Comment

• Stoney
                              Stoney commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yep, it did.

• flow
                              flow commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's good! I feel as if we are slowly getting there :-) Now all we have to do is finally overcome the stalemate between the Pack and Halloween on the current game :-)))

The votes between the two eps are fairly even and I think it'll go on chance eventually, just swinging due to one group voting more frequently. I'd rather it took a while than people drop out though. People could always try to argue and sway the other voters too of course.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                              Double Dutchess commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I think this accidentally ended up in the wrong place! ETA: Oh, now I see it's a reply to flow's comment above.
                              We're just giving you more time to figure out how to set up the outfits game

Flow, a big thank you for all your hard work in preparing the next game! And also thanks to Stoney for helping out!
                            https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Working...
                            X