No announcement yet.

REPLACEMENT: New Forum glitches - Report a Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seem to not be able to cut and paste either links nor text. I've swopped browsers and It does no good sadly.

Comment

• No, just highlighting it and direct pasting it like I used to do in the old forum. Oh and I don't have word.

Comment

• Exactly. Not sure why.

Comment

• When i click the notification number at the top of page, some or all the notifications dismiss - i dont even have to go to the notifications page. In order to go to my notifications i have to undismiss the lot every time. Frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepBlueJoy View Post
            When i click the notification number at the top of page, some or all the notifications dismiss - i dont even have to go to the notifications page. In order to go to my notifications i have to undismiss the lot every time. Frustrating.
            I'll bring this up with vBulletin. If you can give some specific details such as the number that was showing and then how many notifications were still undismissed when you went in, if it was only posts/comments/likes? That might be helpful in working out what is happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post

I'll bring this up with vBulletin. If you can give some specific details such as the number that was showing and then how many notifications were still undismissed when you went in, if it was only posts/comments/likes? That might be helpful in working out what is happening.
              It has happened repeatedly. anywhere from 1 or 2 comments to as many as 6 - it varies between there being comments from one thread and comments from several. when it vanishes before I go to the notifications themselves, usually, it's all sources. When it vanishes at the notifications (tells me I've already dismissed them) sometimes it's just from one source, but I have NOT gone to that thread or read ANY of that thread. (This also dismisses all of the notifications and makes it impossible to find different places in a busy thread where people might have responded to something I might want to respond further to... but at least I know it's that thread and that there are several pages i need to go through or I need to undismiss everything and then open multiple pages so i can open separate instances of the same thread (something I find difficult when I'm on my phone, but not as hard when I'm on my computer)

I miss the way it used to be.

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay, I'll start investigating this with vBulletin. I may well need to come back with more questions but we'll look to get to the bottom of it.

• Just another quick update to gather the issues that are still current. The reputation feature has been reset and we're trying that to see if it is functional still and, if not, when the possibility to turn it off becomes available (intended in the next software update), we'll opt to do that.

ONGOING QUERIES
              • Notifications problems - DeepBlueJoy is finding notifications are disappearing without even entering the notifications area, let alone the threads. Also, some subscriptions in the groups are not reliably resulting in notifications for activity.
              • Thread/activity list - on several occasions people have raised a preference for an overall running list of threads & new post activity. I'm looking at clearing the older groups and old threads from the welcome area/FAQs at the moment but this next on my list of things to look into.
              • Missing site banner(s) - some of the banners are inconsistently dropping out. This is something we are talking to vBulletin about and checking the loading options, resolutions, formats and stability...
              • Dark style text - it appears some text in this style is faded or blacked out, possibly when text is pasted in. I have't had the chance to look at this yet. In the meantime it is probably best to stick to a different skin.
              • Cutting and pasting text - Silver has had problems highlighting text on other sites (such as links) and pasting them in. The problem exists on multiple browsers.

Comment

• Thank you Stoney! Sorry to be a bear about this, but it actually becomes confusing as soon as things become remotely busy on the site.

Comment

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not a problem at all, you're totally right to raise it when something is a continuing problem. If there's a glitch that's making things difficult for members I want to get to the bottom of it.

• I'm noticing that the default banner keeps disappearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brendan View Post
                  I'm noticing that the default banner keeps disappearing.
                  I will re-upload it again. But this is a recurring issue we have with Default since the upgrade. Extra annoying is that it disappears for everybody, except the user who uploaded the banner. So I don't notice it when I should re-upload it again. Stoney has been talking about this with vBulletin but nothing they suggested worked.

edit:
                  I've done the re-upload. Is it back?

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
                    SpuffyGlitz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's back for me!

• Nina
                    Nina commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yay! Thanks for letting me know. =)

• Brendan
                    Brendan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, it's showing now.

• Yeah, when I'm on my Safari browser I can see it, but it disappears when I change to Google Chrome.

Comment

• Nina As we've got the ticket support with vBulletin at the moment now I'll raise this separately through that system too. I'm going to look over the glitches list this week and I'll push the banner issue to the top as it's so forward facing.

Comment

• I've followed the instructions vBulletin have suggested for the banner uploads and reloaded all of the banners (except Grey Stripes as I didn't have a file for that). If anything drops now I'll be able to go to them and press for them to look into it as it is all within the site files now. I checked after I'd uploaded and all the files were showing in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Hopefully that'll be it fixed.

Comment

• Nina , I hope you don't mind me quizzing you, but I wondered what were the URL problems you were having in the hand-drawn fanart thread? You said it wasn't letting you post one underneath the other and I didn't understand what you meant about it being, "set on changing URLs in images that can't be adjusted properly" ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                          Nina , I hope you don't mind me quizzing you, but I wondered what were the URL problems you were having in the hand-drawn fanart thread? You said it wasn't letting you post one underneath the other and I didn't understand what you meant about it being, "set on changing URLs in images that can't be adjusted properly" ?
                          It's something I encounter since the upgrade.

In the past when I wanted to edit a post with pictures in it, all I saw were the URLs. Which was easy to adjust. Now the URLs turn into the whole image and they are really hard to move around in a post. Nor can I change them from an [img] into a clickable link if I notice the image is too large or something.

No idea if this is clear, I can make caps later today to explain if that is needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nina View Post
                            In the past when I wanted to edit a post with pictures in it, all I saw were the URLs. Which was easy to adjust. Now the URLs turn into the whole image and they are really hard to move around in a post. Nor can I change them from an [img] into a clickable link if I notice the image is too large or something.

No idea if this is clear, I can make caps later today to explain if that is needed.
                            I think I know what you mean.

A couple of suggestions for ways around getting the URLs
                            - you can right click on an image and 'copy the image address'.
                            - you can also 'quote' yourself to get the coding to appear in the posting text box (you can then 'cut' the part you want and discard the post).

I've also put in a general question with vBulletin to ask if there is a way to get URLs to show again after an image has been put in. I have a feeling I've seen this option in the AdminCP when I've been in looking at permissions but I can't find it again with a quick search around. I may be misremembering.

I don't really understand why you can't move items around in your post when editing though. Would you mind if I went into that Cordelia piece and saw if I can swap the order of the two pics?

Comment

• Nina
                              Nina commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Feel free to do so (and thanks for the tips). =)

• Thanks Nina .

I've amended the post and swapped the two pictures around. I'm not sure what happened when you originally tried to post the second image, but once it placed it in the post and you could go back in to edit it, you just needed to click on the image to get a blue border around it. Then you can just cut it and paste it to change the position in the post, like you do with text.

I made a note in there on how to fix the two queries you raised too, just so that it is answered if anyone sees the questions there. I did find the place in the AdminCP I had been thinking of that might allow permission to review the URLs, but it wasn't helpful. I haven't heard anything from vBulletin yet about whether it is possible to return to the URL/coding for images being visible when editing a post but I'll keep checking to see if they respond.

Comment

Working...
                            X