Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Theory react to Chosen

https://youtu.be/ZFUkBbviGes

I've been looking forward to this. I've enjoyed Fan Theory's reactions.

Comment

Sadly their reactions annoy the hell outta me. He seems to have a stick up his ass when it comes to 'adult' situations and she (and I'm not the only one to say this) comes across as incredibly full of herself and her pronouncements on characters. Instead of letting the story slowly unfold she's always trying to second guess it, I imagine to show how clever she is. Instead to me she comes across as the complete opposite of that. To be frank I'm glad that they've finished with it.

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
        SpuffyGlitz commented
        Editing a comment
        I've watched very little of them, I never found them compelling. Guess it's a preference thing... I kept feeling like he was trying to 'direct' her and wasn't sure if she enjoyed the characters. I've barely watched though.

Kyle is a pain. He talked and giggled through the first ten minutes, while McKenzie (?) obviously just wanted to listen and take it all in. He was so over-emotional before they even started, I think he should have just sat this one out. Did you see the video he did about 'where is the channel going'? Just so ott.

I actually like McKenzie, even though I often disagree with her. She does think about the show and tries to look deeper into it, which I appreciate. I'm glad she got so much from the 'I love you,' 'No you don't, but thanks for saying it' moment. I like that there were tears at the end and that she appreciated the show so much.

She wanted to see Angel and Spike get their moment to discuss Buffy . . . little does she know she's going to get a whole season of that

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Kyle is a pain. He talked and giggled through the first ten minutes, while McKenzie (?) obviously just wanted to listen and take it all in. He was so over-emotional before they even started, I think he should have just sat this one out. Did you see the video he did about 'where is the channel going'? Just so ott.

I actually like McKenzie, even though I often disagree with her. She does think about the show and tries to look deeper into it, which I appreciate. I'm glad she got so much from the 'I love you,' 'No you don't, but thanks for saying it' moment. I like that there were tears at the end and that she appreciated the show so much.

She wanted to see Angel and Spike get their moment to discuss Buffy . . . little does she know she's going to get a whole season of that
        Imo she only liked that moment because it fitted in with her view of 'Spuffy' in that it was a none event and meant nothing. I'm going to be blunt here, McKenzie gets on my nerves big time. As another commentator said she only seems to laughs at her own jokes and barely smiles at the source material on screen. She seems to have a very high opinion of herself and has the most surreal take on plots and characters, often missing out on vital info because she's been talking all over it all the damn time. So is it any wonder she comes out with the nonsense that she does. I found her to be incredibly off-putting, so thank god this part of it is now over.

And yes I saw that video. I'm afraid my reaction was, 'Oh dear, how sad, never mind'. I mean If you find it all a pain then don't bloody do it! Nobody is forcing you after all. Youtube channels fail every day and yet you don't hear them whining on about it. Personally I think it's his puritanical humorous approach to reacting that puts a fair amount of people off. He reacts to sex scenes like he's bloody 12!
        Last edited by Silver1; 27-07-21, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately Kylie grated on me throughout this as well. Maybe I've just grown numb to the series because I've watched it so, so many times but it's hard for me to relate to someone who could get *so* emotional about something that they've rewatched a dozen times. Same with the OTT laughter to all the jokes. I still chuckle at some of the jokes but I can't say I laugh at them like I would have done the first time I watched the show because now I know what to expect. I don't think he's performing or "faking it" but I do think he winds himself up and it's all a bit silly and gives me second-hand embarrassment. If I were McKenzie I would find it very distracting and annoying the way he constantly stares at her to see her reaction. It would make me feel very self-conscious and she sometimes does appear to be frustrated by it.

I always liked McKenzie. There's times I really disagreed with her (I think she was way too soft on Faith and had rose-tinted glasses when it came to her character) but I find her viewpoints interesting and that she has a good head on her shoulders. She strikes the right balance for me between dissecting the show and just enjoying it generally. I also find her a very authentic reactor who never fakes a performance for the camera.

They had an opportunity to have a really original dynamic here. They're the only reactors I am aware of when one is a diehard fan and the other is watching it for the first time. I would have liked it better if Kyle was less emotional and less OTT in his reactions and more grounded to act as a counter-balance to a first time viewer. I expected her to be emotional this episode, whereas I thought he was distracting.

I can't say I agree with him that he started the reactor trend either. I haven't done my research to check for 100% but I can definitely recall watching other reactors before I started watching him and I watched him pretty much from the beginning (pre-McKenzie). It seemed like he had a bit of an axe to grind there because he's unhappy they haven't blown up (as he said in his previous video). I do feel badly for anyone with depression but I couldn't help but feel the harsh reality is that he seems to be the thing turning people off. I can still recall people way back in his S1 reactions telling him to chill out and stop talking over scenes and explaining jokes to the original girl. McKenzie seemed far more popular and would have probably had greater success doing it on her own.

I'm glad I've watched this to the end. It's a tad scary to think it's literally been years to get through the show with a reactor

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

• BtVS fan
            BtVS fan commented
            Editing a comment
            Not quite the end. They still have Season 5 of Angel as well

"I can't say I agree with him that he started the reactor trend either. "

No, he really did not. Thats just his fragile ego talking imo.

"Not quite the end. They still have Season 5 of Angel as well"

And oh christ, isn't that going to be fun.....
          Last edited by Silver1; 27-07-21, 04:16 PM.

Comment

vampmogs
            I can't say I agree with him that he started the reactor trend either.
            Silver1
            No, he really did not.
            Torchwood Boy published his reaction to Welcome To the Hellmouth in March 2017 and thus before Fan Theory first reacted to the Buffy movie in October 20217. I have no idea if Torchwood Boy was the first reactor (I doubt it) but he was pretty popular back in his days of reacting to Buffy.

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
              vampmogs

Silver1

Torchwood Boy published his reaction to Welcome To the Hellmouth in March 2017 and thus before Fan Theory first reacted to the Buffy movie in October 20217. I have no idea if Torchwood Boy was the first reactor (I doubt it) but he was pretty popular back in his days of reacting to Buffy.

flow
              Thanks flow . I think Kyle needs a bit of a reality check then unfortunately

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

It's been obvious for some time now that Kyle is mentally quite fragile and that imo he's not really suitable for Youtube reacting. Not everyone is going to agree with your take on things, and I don't think he was prepared for that sadly.

Comment

Talking of which he's just posted up his reaction to a Torchwood episode, and I'm afraid imo he's loosing it big time. The poor old bugger isn't well, that's obvious. A few commenters have said what I was thinking and that is to drop the show If It makes you that unhappy as your reaction is far from normal. He looked seriously distraught through it and he should just stop reacting and seek medical help.

Comment

• Stoney
                    Stoney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That sounds really concerning. I've never watched anything he's done but I hope he takes care of himself.

I watched a couple of their reactions a while ago and I just didn't like them. They were a bit annoying TBH. She didn't seemed to be that into the show and he just waited for her reaction that never came. Can't remember exactly which episode I watched, probably School Hard. That's kind of my go to episode to see I should continue watching.

Comment

I agree, as I've said before their Buffy reactions used to annoy the hell outta me. That women seemed to be so bloody full of herself all the damn time and seemed more interested in trying to show how great she was by constantly guessing ahead, that she missed out on what was going on before her eyes. All in all I think when it came to Buffy/Angel and Torchwood reactions, their channel is/was a disaster area.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
                      I agree, as I've said before their Buffy reactions used to annoy the hell outta me. That women seemed to be so bloody full of herself all the damn time and seemed more interested in trying to show how great she was by constantly guessing ahead, that she missed out on what was going on before her eyes. All in all I think when it came to Buffy/Angel and Torchwood reactions, their channel is/was a disaster area.
                      If you don't like them why do you keep watching ?

Comment

I didn't but as this was Chosen I did. You okay with that?

Comment

• Stoney
                          Stoney commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Please don't be snippy, it was a fair question really. And equally a fair answer. I can see why you'd revisit them for the finale, presumably to see how they viewed the series by the end.
                      Working...
                      X