Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I think you'll enjoy this one Priceless .

• Stoney
    replied
    I just caught up, hope to watch Eternity later. I absolutely adore Superstar so I was glad failwhale enjoyed it. Interesting idea that some people might struggle with it because of the Faith episode coming before. Some good appreciation for the ties into the season it gave too. Interesting he thinks it is a guilty pleasure episode. I don't feel any guilt in loving it.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Ooo haven't had chance to see Alley Box's reaction yet. It's a great episode, so I'm hoping she'll love it.

• Stoney
    replied
    I've just seen alley box's reaction to A New Man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV8q0_DMA4

I can't deny it just makes me happy to hear someone talking about Buffy as their favourite show.

This was a fun reaction. A Giles focused episode was always going to go down well with her. I've used to be quite dismissive of Ethan, but hearing the positives put forward by fans of the character here and seeing the love for him in the reactions has really helped me gain appreciation.

She was quite annoyed with Riley obviously wanting to test himself against Buffy, but totally swung to getting the feels for the pair again at the ending. She's seen it as a first blip, but doesn't appreciate how fundamental the problem will remain. I'm fascinated to see how she responds to how their relationship goes. But I'm pleased she is enjoying the relationship alongside Buffy at this point.

Plenty of intrigue for what is going on/how things might develop with Maggie. I'll be very interested to see how she responds to more of the Willow/Tara storyline too as she struggles to remember Tara's name still at the moment.

--
    I've just seen failwhale has put up a reaction for Superstar too (and Eternity over in AtS1), hopefully I'll get around to seeing this later - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LU3erYywFg.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Finally, I've seen failwhale's reaction to This Year's Girl - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ih6xsLMkfk.

It's such a shame that he's so disappointed at the very end as he was clearly really energised by the episode and excited about the possibilities. Well, right up to that last moment. He's still looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with it though, he just has reservations. He seems to be expecting Faith to stick around for the rest of the season, so I'm not sure how disappointed he's going to be at her stay being limited.

I was really pleased to see his reaction to Who Are You was up too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2UACdPo2jI.

I really like his responses to seeing the actors starting to play each other's characters. It's a shame he didn't really connect with Faith's change of heart at first and how affected she'd been by the experience of being treated differently. Glad he liked it overall and the balance they gave to the body swap antics along with the character exploration that brought in self-reflection. He was really on board by the confrontation in the church to how Faith was feeling and I think has always felt the tragedy in Faith's story. Really looking forward to seeing his response to her switch over to AtS.

Liking his interest in Willow/Tara too. I didn't pick up on it any more than him before this point I don't think.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Just watched Failwhale34's reaction to This Year's Girl. He was loving it and very excited right till the end. He had so many ideas about where it was going, but was quite disappointed about the body swap. I guess it's because he's seen it so many times before in so many later shows?
    Ooooo, I'm glad to hear that he's back. I hope I get to see this later. It's such a shame that he's a bit disappointed. Hopefully, how excellent the acting is in 'being' the other person will make it zing for him in the next ep.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Just watched Failwhale34's reaction to This Year's Girl. He was loving it and very excited right till the end. He had so many ideas about where it was going, but was quite disappointed about the body swap. I guess it's because he's seen it so many times before in so many later shows?

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    She's great, I love seeing the show through her eyes

• Stoney
    replied
    Yep, Priceless , alley box's response to Doomed was fab. The excitement at Riley becoming a regular and her engagement with all the ups and downs between Buffy and Riley was really enjoyable to watch. It'll be interesting to see how she responds to the different outlooks between them as that all slowly develops. I think she'll get plenty of enjoyment before the inevitable break, that she is kind of expecting, and will actually be surprised at how long they are together. Funny how much she is relating to what Buffy is going through.

Pleased she is enjoying how Spike is being used of course, and glad she can see that there's a mix of truth and manipulation in what he says. Her thoughts on the connections back to their high school selves was fab and I'm impressed she has picked up on multiple references to Faith, I'm not sure I ever did.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    You'll love it

• Stoney
    replied
    alley box has posted on Doomed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq59j1qW0Sg.

I'm hoping I'll be able to watch it later today, it's an episode I like a lot more than most so I'm really interested to see how she responds to it. I'm expecting her to like it with the humour and Briley elements.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    So failwhale has moved on to Goodbye Iowa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oNUFsWW9w.

It's great to hear the praise for the series and how much kudos he obviously gives them for S3. S4 isn't going to hit that high, but I hope he still enjoys it.

Loved his response to Buffy's reaction to the news about the boy's death and he gets so caught up in what's happening to Riley, it's great. Glad he enjoyed the Spike elements of course and found Tara's actions intriguing. He clearly enjoyed it, even if there were some moments he seemed more amused by it. As he says, some elements seemed goofy to him and it makes me wonder how much that is about Adam. Hmmm, I think I'm going to start a thread to explore this and then I'm going to watch his reaction to I've Got You Under My Skin.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    She's so entertaining to watch

• Stoney
    replied
    alley box has posted on Hush - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LOlxiNUdBU

She was really entertaining in this, particularly around the Buffy/Riley elements, as well as the unfolding of The Gentlemen. She did put a pause in during to say it was the single episode she knew something about before as she watched a youtube vid about the scariest Buffy episode a while back, so she knew it existed. But getting the greater information and context of it all still gave more she didn't appreciate before of course.

I can see why she doesn't find it necessarily scary as an episode as a whole. Glad that she liked the monster design, makeup, movement, etc still. And there were a few reactions/comments about camera work which I always enjoy from her.

No surprise considering the psych element in the background of this one that she liked the communication theme. She is so energised by Buffy and Riley still, it really is enjoyable to watch and is genuinely reminding me why I thought they were sweet early on too. Her speculation on that was fun to listen to at the end. I love how instantly she's picking up on the possible vibe with Willow/Tara. I was a bit dumber on noticing that one.

Yeah, I have to admit I did love the badge she was sent that she opened at the end and will be trying to find one too.

Once I've finished my rewatch review I'm going to try to treat myself by catching up with Liam and van as I'm still back on S3 with them. I'd love to hear Liam's reaction to Hush. I enjoyed his response to Gingerbread so much and think he'll have interesting things to say about this one too.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    failwhale has posted for The I in Team - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqYlWK2aMGI.

I love how much he's thinking about The Initiative/Walsh and trying to figure out where it might be going. His thoughts about the group's dynamics, Willow's isolation, the shifts, the uncertainty around The Initiative, are all good. It feels like he's very involved in the story and I loved his response to Walsh's attempt to kill Buffy. He's expectation for how integrated Spike is going to become is interesting as he's expecting something far more genial than will happen.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I've just seen failwhale34's reaction to A New Man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtqjqIQa_YA.

His expectation at the start that Spike is going to be a force for good now was interesting but seemed a big leap to me. Perhaps he's a bit spoiled on Spike's direction. I'm pretty sure I just thought he was in it all for kicks at this stage.

His comments about how he thinks Riley views Buffy at the end of the ep were really interesting. His thoughts about The Initiative and the conflict brewing there were good and I liked the appreciation for Giles' situation through the ep and the humour with Spike. Solid awareness of the nudges towards things that could develop too.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by redtent View Post
    I'm still fascinated with her enthusiasm for Riley and Buffy.
    Sadly, I think her enthusiasm is in great part originating from wanting Buffy to just have a positive/supporting relationship and Riley's hangups and the breakdown of the relationship she's going to feel very disheartened by. But then again, it does take its time getting there and as she'll be a way on from her own relationship break up by then she might be in a different frame of mind for it.

Leave a comment:

• redtent
    replied
    Her reaction to Someting Blue was great. It's obvious she's connecting the story of this and previous episodes to her real life events and some things just hit too close to home. I'm still fascinated with her enthusiasm for Riley and Buffy.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I caught up with alley box's reaction to Something Blue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ3Cx4paEkM.

Fun point about the 'wedding' theme in both BtVS and AtS. No shock, I'm still really liking her enthusiasm for Spike's inclusion and interest for how his character is going to be integrated. Glad she enjoyed this ep so much and appreciated the mix of humour and depth it gives.

Her positivity for Buffy/Riley really is very sweet, I do hope she doesn't have it spoiled. Obviously, how it eventually does go may well make her very unhappy, but the enthusiasm for the potential is lovely.

Her feeling of connection for what Willow is going through was expected, but still, hearing how it was relatable for her and seeing such an emotion-led response was great. Her thoughts on how the others responded to Willow were interesting too.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Oooo, I'll try to watch this later with failwhale's AtS reactions.
Working...
X