Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I'm happy for you to also start a S7 specific reactions thread if you'd like, or you can post in the general Buffy and Angel YouTube reactions thread in this section, but I think it can be helpful to have them split in seasons.

• SpuffyGlitz
    replied
    Wasn't sure where to post this (because I know this thread is for S4 reactions)... but
    Spoiler:
    I just caught Liam Catterson's reactions to BY and absolutely loved his entire reaction and was surprised he liked it this much (not because it isn't worth loving, but because reacting for the first time makes you possibly miss undertones that you'd pick up on later on rewatching). I think he called it his favourite Spike-centric episode to date, which also surprised me, since I know he loved FFL so much.
    And wow, I have a whole backlog of reactions to catch up to—all of LD's closing reactions to S7 that I still haven't watched, then his review, and also Introvert's reactions.

Leave a comment:

• SpuffyGlitz
    commented on 's reply
    I don't follow her but I hope she's allowed to ship them in peace! Hopefully she has moderators?

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    I never read the comments, and I would hope these reactors have someone read them for them or they are bound to be spoiled.

• Stoney
    replied
    Oh I tend to avoid the comments too. I only briefly scan them if she refers to something she was told. That was why I saw how when she was clearly interested in Buffy and Angel at first she was criticised as being hypocritical in criticising Ms French. She was apologising for not knowing and it obviously really affected her enjoyment of Bangel, which I thought was frustrating. I don't have much hope people won't made comments about Buffy/Riley being unpopular etc.

Leave a comment:

• KingofCretins
    replied
    I really hope that people actually just let Alley Box enjoy Buffy/Riley, she's clearly pretty into it at this stage, and I just cringe knowing what people probably will start saying if they haven't already. I try not to read too many of her comments for that reason because I know I'll pop off

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Ha, yes, I just finished watching this too. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSrbWxqa3lg .

He had plenty of anticipation going in for what would be said between Buffy and Riley after the end of Hush and was so behind all of Buffy's objections. It was interesting how much he's been thinking about it and likening the way Riley has been behaving around Buffy as reminding him back to Owen's thrill seeking. I thought that was an interesting take. And yeah, how sure he is about the relationship ending was funny. But then as some of the real issues between them that do hold true are fairly heavily flagged in this episode, it doesn't feel wild that his reservations are currently high. It'll be interesting to see how his opinions continue with them especially, if he ends up behind them at all. It's an interesting contrast to alley box who I'm expecting to be very excited by Doomed.

This is an episode I really enjoy a lot for its place within Spike's story, but I know is often not looked upon too favourably by others, so I was pleased he enjoyed it as much as he did. I think he'll appreciate the continuing antagonism that holds for a while with Spike and the uncertainty around him, the lack of reliability, rather than him quickly and easily becoming a member of the group.

I've seen he's also posted on Somnambulist, which I also love, so hopefully I'll fit in watching that later today.

Leave a comment:

• KingofCretins
    replied
    I crap you not.

Just watched Failwhale's reaction to "Doomed".

When Buffy and Riley kiss at the end he says

"Tops... Season 5, episode 9, this relationship".

wat

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    alley box reacted to Pangs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqEMozagbVM

Her comments at the end about the moral greys of the fight in the episode, how they looked at both sides alongside the group still wanting to have the traditional meal but also considering the violent history, were interesting. The love for the camera work at points was great and the shot of Angel stepping out in Giles' is excellently done.

No surprise I'm enjoying her interest in how Spike is going to become a regular and be used more whilst also still being a bad guy. Her excitement when Angel appears lurking in the bushes and keeps cropping up is pretty funny. She's going to lose it when Buffy turns up in LA next.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    failwhale34 has reacted to Hush - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whO51Xr43QU

I would have been really surprised if he hadn't loved this. The depictions and tone of the episode really hit the scary spot for him with lots of love for the monster designs and story around The Gentleman and how they incorporated the novelty element too. I think he might have been getting vibes with Willow/Tara.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Both? But I do enjoy her excitement.

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Her love of them or it feeling refreshing?

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    It won't last.

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    It's refreshing as it certainly offers something fandom rarely gives.

• redtent
    replied
    Honestly, I've never seen anyone being so excited as Alley for Buffy/Riley.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Priceless wrote: I was a bit disappointed with Failwhale's reaction to Something Blue, but I think that's because I love the ep so much.
    I can understand that. It's interesting to see reactions that are different from our own but it is also nice to see someone experiencing things in the way you do yourself too. I'm trying to remember how he has responded to other more comedy focused episodes before, I've a feeling he tends to be a bit lukewarm when the humour gets more over the top. I do think he came across as if he enjoyed it, but was just not bowled over by it. I expect he'll like Hush a lot, who doesn't, and A New Man, but he may be a bit 'so-so' about a lot of the middle of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    I was a bit disappointed with Failwhale's reaction to Something Blue, but I think that's because I love the ep so much.

• Stoney
    replied
    My catch up on a whole bunch of reaction vids for alley box and failwhale included one each for BtVS too...

alley box - The Initiative - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32WK9VWtDQI
    Her response to the first glimpse of The Initiative is great and the reaction to seeing JM up as a regular in the credits was really funny. No surprise that I'm glad she has so much energy and excitement for Spike's inclusion.

I like that the episode has given her more enthusiasm for the season, she obviously needed some reveals and intrigue. Relating it to waiting on Kate finding out about Angel over on AtS made sense, she wants a bit of anticipation in her viewing. Great positivity on the individual character moments. Hopefully Oz's brief return later will bring her some satisfaction there.

failwhale has posted his reaction to Something Blue too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLG_aPFR9U
    Seeing a response to the flash return of Amy was fun. You can see plenty of enjoyment for this episode in his reaction and he talks about his appreciation for how they looked at the fallout of Oz leaving for Willow and getting insight there. I think he enjoys the humour but perhaps that eases a bit when he seems to feel things get goofy. It feels like it has been an age since I've watched any reactions but my feeling is that he tends to like the character insights most. Still a positive reaction though.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Looking forward to hear your thoughts on The Initiative. I didn't watch Failwhale's IWRY as the episode doesn't do much for me.

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Am watching Alley Box's reaction to The Initiative and she is blown away by it. She's so excited to see Spike in the credits and she thinks Riley and Buffy are made for each other She thinks the Initiative are the coolest.
    Fab, I hadn't seen she'd uploaded a new episode, that's great. I'm looking forward to watching that and have seen failwhale has posted on IWRY too. I'll try to catch both later today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X