No announcement yet.

Reacting to Reactions! - BtVS Season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alley box has posted on Doomed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq59j1qW0Sg.

I'm hoping I'll be able to watch it later today, it's an episode I like a lot more than most so I'm really interested to see how she responds to it. I'm expecting her to like it with the humour and Briley elements.

Comment

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll love it

Yep, Priceless , alley box's response to Doomed was fab. The excitement at Riley becoming a regular and her engagement with all the ups and downs between Buffy and Riley was really enjoyable to watch. It'll be interesting to see how she responds to the different outlooks between them as that all slowly develops. I think she'll get plenty of enjoyment before the inevitable break, that she is kind of expecting, and will actually be surprised at how long they are together. Funny how much she is relating to what Buffy is going through.

Pleased she is enjoying how Spike is being used of course, and glad she can see that there's a mix of truth and manipulation in what he says. Her thoughts on the connections back to their high school selves was fab and I'm impressed she has picked up on multiple references to Faith, I'm not sure I ever did.

Comment

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      She's great, I love seeing the show through her eyes

Just watched Failwhale34's reaction to This Year's Girl. He was loving it and very excited right till the end. He had so many ideas about where it was going, but was quite disappointed about the body swap. I guess it's because he's seen it so many times before in so many later shows?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Just watched Failwhale34's reaction to This Year's Girl. He was loving it and very excited right till the end. He had so many ideas about where it was going, but was quite disappointed about the body swap. I guess it's because he's seen it so many times before in so many later shows?
      Ooooo, I'm glad to hear that he's back. I hope I get to see this later. It's such a shame that he's a bit disappointed. Hopefully, how excellent the acting is in 'being' the other person will make it zing for him in the next ep.

Comment

Finally, I've seen failwhale's reaction to This Year's Girl - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ih6xsLMkfk.

It's such a shame that he's so disappointed at the very end as he was clearly really energised by the episode and excited about the possibilities. Well, right up to that last moment. He's still looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with it though, he just has reservations. He seems to be expecting Faith to stick around for the rest of the season, so I'm not sure how disappointed he's going to be at her stay being limited.

I was really pleased to see his reaction to Who Are You was up too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2UACdPo2jI.

I really like his responses to seeing the actors starting to play each other's characters. It's a shame he didn't really connect with Faith's change of heart at first and how affected she'd been by the experience of being treated differently. Glad he liked it overall and the balance they gave to the body swap antics along with the character exploration that brought in self-reflection. He was really on board by the confrontation in the church to how Faith was feeling and I think has always felt the tragedy in Faith's story. Really looking forward to seeing his response to her switch over to AtS.

Liking his interest in Willow/Tara too. I didn't pick up on it any more than him before this point I don't think.

Comment

I've just seen alley box's reaction to A New Man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV8q0_DMA4

I can't deny it just makes me happy to hear someone talking about Buffy as their favourite show.

This was a fun reaction. A Giles focused episode was always going to go down well with her. I've used to be quite dismissive of Ethan, but hearing the positives put forward by fans of the character here and seeing the love for him in the reactions has really helped me gain appreciation.

She was quite annoyed with Riley obviously wanting to test himself against Buffy, but totally swung to getting the feels for the pair again at the ending. She's seen it as a first blip, but doesn't appreciate how fundamental the problem will remain. I'm fascinated to see how she responds to how their relationship goes. But I'm pleased she is enjoying the relationship alongside Buffy at this point.

Plenty of intrigue for what is going on/how things might develop with Maggie. I'll be very interested to see how she responds to more of the Willow/Tara storyline too as she struggles to remember Tara's name still at the moment.

--
          I've just seen failwhale has put up a reaction for Superstar too (and Eternity over in AtS1), hopefully I'll get around to seeing this later - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LU3erYywFg.

Comment

• Priceless
            Priceless commented
            Editing a comment
            Ooo haven't had chance to see Alley Box's reaction yet. It's a great episode, so I'm hoping she'll love it.

• Stoney
            Stoney commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you'll enjoy this one Priceless .

I just caught up, hope to watch Eternity later. I absolutely adore Superstar so I was glad failwhale enjoyed it. Interesting idea that some people might struggle with it because of the Faith episode coming before. Some good appreciation for the ties into the season it gave too. Interesting he thinks it is a guilty pleasure episode. I don't feel any guilt in loving it.

Comment

Working...
          X