Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    replied
    alley box has posted on Doomed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq59j1qW0Sg.

I'm hoping I'll be able to watch it later today, it's an episode I like a lot more than most so I'm really interested to see how she responds to it. I'm expecting her to like it with the humour and Briley elements.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    So failwhale has moved on to Goodbye Iowa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oNUFsWW9w.

It's great to hear the praise for the series and how much kudos he obviously gives them for S3. S4 isn't going to hit that high, but I hope he still enjoys it.

Loved his response to Buffy's reaction to the news about the boy's death and he gets so caught up in what's happening to Riley, it's great. Glad he enjoyed the Spike elements of course and found Tara's actions intriguing. He clearly enjoyed it, even if there were some moments he seemed more amused by it. As he says, some elements seemed goofy to him and it makes me wonder how much that is about Adam. Hmmm, I think I'm going to start a thread to explore this and then I'm going to watch his reaction to I've Got You Under My Skin.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    She's so entertaining to watch

• Stoney
    replied
    alley box has posted on Hush - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LOlxiNUdBU

She was really entertaining in this, particularly around the Buffy/Riley elements, as well as the unfolding of The Gentlemen. She did put a pause in during to say it was the single episode she knew something about before as she watched a youtube vid about the scariest Buffy episode a while back, so she knew it existed. But getting the greater information and context of it all still gave more she didn't appreciate before of course.

I can see why she doesn't find it necessarily scary as an episode as a whole. Glad that she liked the monster design, makeup, movement, etc still. And there were a few reactions/comments about camera work which I always enjoy from her.

No surprise considering the psych element in the background of this one that she liked the communication theme. She is so energised by Buffy and Riley still, it really is enjoyable to watch and is genuinely reminding me why I thought they were sweet early on too. Her speculation on that was fun to listen to at the end. I love how instantly she's picking up on the possible vibe with Willow/Tara. I was a bit dumber on noticing that one.

Yeah, I have to admit I did love the badge she was sent that she opened at the end and will be trying to find one too.

Once I've finished my rewatch review I'm going to try to treat myself by catching up with Liam and van as I'm still back on S3 with them. I'd love to hear Liam's reaction to Hush. I enjoyed his response to Gingerbread so much and think he'll have interesting things to say about this one too.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    failwhale has posted for The I in Team - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqYlWK2aMGI.

I love how much he's thinking about The Initiative/Walsh and trying to figure out where it might be going. His thoughts about the group's dynamics, Willow's isolation, the shifts, the uncertainty around The Initiative, are all good. It feels like he's very involved in the story and I loved his response to Walsh's attempt to kill Buffy. He's expectation for how integrated Spike is going to become is interesting as he's expecting something far more genial than will happen.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I've just seen failwhale34's reaction to A New Man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtqjqIQa_YA.

His expectation at the start that Spike is going to be a force for good now was interesting but seemed a big leap to me. Perhaps he's a bit spoiled on Spike's direction. I'm pretty sure I just thought he was in it all for kicks at this stage.

His comments about how he thinks Riley views Buffy at the end of the ep were really interesting. His thoughts about The Initiative and the conflict brewing there were good and I liked the appreciation for Giles' situation through the ep and the humour with Spike. Solid awareness of the nudges towards things that could develop too.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by redtent View Post
    I'm still fascinated with her enthusiasm for Riley and Buffy.
    Sadly, I think her enthusiasm is in great part originating from wanting Buffy to just have a positive/supporting relationship and Riley's hangups and the breakdown of the relationship she's going to feel very disheartened by. But then again, it does take its time getting there and as she'll be a way on from her own relationship break up by then she might be in a different frame of mind for it.

Leave a comment:

• redtent
    replied
    Her reaction to Someting Blue was great. It's obvious she's connecting the story of this and previous episodes to her real life events and some things just hit too close to home. I'm still fascinated with her enthusiasm for Riley and Buffy.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I caught up with alley box's reaction to Something Blue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ3Cx4paEkM.

Fun point about the 'wedding' theme in both BtVS and AtS. No shock, I'm still really liking her enthusiasm for Spike's inclusion and interest for how his character is going to be integrated. Glad she enjoyed this ep so much and appreciated the mix of humour and depth it gives.

Her positivity for Buffy/Riley really is very sweet, I do hope she doesn't have it spoiled. Obviously, how it eventually does go may well make her very unhappy, but the enthusiasm for the potential is lovely.

Her feeling of connection for what Willow is going through was expected, but still, hearing how it was relatable for her and seeing such an emotion-led response was great. Her thoughts on how the others responded to Willow were interesting too.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Oooo, I'll try to watch this later with failwhale's AtS reactions.

• Priceless
    replied
    Alley Box has done Something Blue, and like Geeked and The Body, this one was personal. She loved it, but she's recently been through a break-up herself and that colours her opinions.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post

I'll be honest, all reaction channels are subject to taste and she's shat on Xander enough times that I've lost interest in her opinion of the show.

Geeked Out Nation just did "The Body", btw
    Geeked's The Body (and I Was Made To Love You) is fantastic.

Yes, Sora does not like Xander or Cordelia, which she freely admits. I don't mind reactors who hate on characters because I think they're being more honest then reactors who just love everyone and everything.

What I don't like are podcasters, who deep dive into an episode and end up hating on the characters. They are meant to be unravelling and understanding on a deeper level, so I often stop listening to them if they keep up the hate.

Leave a comment:

• KingofCretins
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Don't know if anyone else watches Sora Miyano's reactions, but her reaction to Who Are You is up, and she feels exactly as I felt about Faith once I'd watched this episode. She has no more pity left to give and doesn't want to see Faith again. She's a big Angel fan, so she's in for a surprise
    I'll be honest, all reaction channels are subject to taste and she's shat on Xander enough times that I've lost interest in her opinion of the show.

Geeked Out Nation just did "The Body", btw

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    She does get emotional and always gives a warning at the start of her reviews about shouting

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I enjoyed the AtS one of hers I watched, Hero, and was hoping to see others of hers at some point. She seemed very invested in the characters.

• Priceless
    replied
    Don't know if anyone else watches Sora Miyano's reactions, but her reaction to Who Are You is up, and she feels exactly as I felt about Faith once I'd watched this episode. She has no more pity left to give and doesn't want to see Faith again. She's a big Angel fan, so she's in for a surprise

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I think if you mentioned at the start of the post you were talking about one on Patreon it would be okay. I think that's been done before. I don't know if people would feel it warranted spoilers, but they could still avoid then if they wanted.

• SpuffyGlitz
    commented on 's reply
    Stoney Oh, okay, that makes sense! Sorry, it gets confusing, ha.

I was hesitant to post in the YouTube thread because the reactions I was talking about were just up on Patreon. I'm not sure if they're on YT as yet.

• Stoney
    replied
    SpuffyGlitz It depends what works for you. There is a general thread that people post any they have seen in, from random seasons - Buffy and Angel YouTube Reactions or there are the specific threads for seasons 1-4 of BtVS and S1 of AtS, because I've been creating them as I've been following specific reactors from ep1. There's no reason why threads for S5-7 of BtVS or S2-5 of AtS can't just be created though.

I think having them broken up into seasons means that people could find reactions recommended or suggested for an episode more easily by searching for it in that season's thread. But you could do that in the general thread too if you wanted. The season threads can be muddled up and have a reaction mentioned that is just a single reaction/one off or a reaction per episode. It doesn't matter. Or the general thread can be used too. So, really it's just a case of posting where it makes sense for you.

Leave a comment:

• SpuffyGlitz
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, it makes sense for them to be diff seasons! I might open a general reactions thread as well for when they're all at diff places
Working...
X