No announcement yet.

Reacting to Reactions! - BtVS Season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I've never seen anyone being so excited as Alley for Buffy/Riley.

Comment

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      It won't last.

• Stoney
      Stoney commented
      Editing a comment
      Her love of them or it feeling refreshing?

• Priceless
      Priceless commented
      Editing a comment
      Both? But I do enjoy her excitement.

failwhale34 has reacted to Hush - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whO51Xr43QU

I would have been really surprised if he hadn't loved this. The depictions and tone of the episode really hit the scary spot for him with lots of love for the monster designs and story around The Gentleman and how they incorporated the novelty element too. I think he might have been getting vibes with Willow/Tara.

Comment

alley box reacted to Pangs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqEMozagbVM

Her comments at the end about the moral greys of the fight in the episode, how they looked at both sides alongside the group still wanting to have the traditional meal but also considering the violent history, were interesting. The love for the camera work at points was great and the shot of Angel stepping out in Giles' is excellently done.

No surprise I'm enjoying her interest in how Spike is going to become a regular and be used more whilst also still being a bad guy. Her excitement when Angel appears lurking in the bushes and keeps cropping up is pretty funny. She's going to lose it when Buffy turns up in LA next.

Comment

I crap you not.

Just watched Failwhale's reaction to "Doomed".

When Buffy and Riley kiss at the end he says

"Tops... Season 5, episode 9, this relationship".

wat
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Ha, yes, I just finished watching this too. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSrbWxqa3lg .

He had plenty of anticipation going in for what would be said between Buffy and Riley after the end of Hush and was so behind all of Buffy's objections. It was interesting how much he's been thinking about it and likening the way Riley has been behaving around Buffy as reminding him back to Owen's thrill seeking. I thought that was an interesting take. And yeah, how sure he is about the relationship ending was funny. But then as some of the real issues between them that do hold true are fairly heavily flagged in this episode, it doesn't feel wild that his reservations are currently high. It'll be interesting to see how his opinions continue with them especially, if he ends up behind them at all. It's an interesting contrast to alley box who I'm expecting to be very excited by Doomed.

This is an episode I really enjoy a lot for its place within Spike's story, but I know is often not looked upon too favourably by others, so I was pleased he enjoyed it as much as he did. I think he'll appreciate the continuing antagonism that holds for a while with Spike and the uncertainty around him, the lack of reliability, rather than him quickly and easily becoming a member of the group.

I've seen he's also posted on Somnambulist, which I also love, so hopefully I'll fit in watching that later today.

Comment

I really hope that people actually just let Alley Box enjoy Buffy/Riley, she's clearly pretty into it at this stage, and I just cringe knowing what people probably will start saying if they haven't already. I try not to read too many of her comments for that reason because I know I'll pop off
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

• Priceless
              Priceless commented
              Editing a comment
              I never read the comments, and I would hope these reactors have someone read them for them or they are bound to be spoiled.

• SpuffyGlitz
              SpuffyGlitz commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't follow her but I hope she's allowed to ship them in peace! Hopefully she has moderators?

Oh I tend to avoid the comments too. I only briefly scan them if she refers to something she was told. That was why I saw how when she was clearly interested in Buffy and Angel at first she was criticised as being hypocritical in criticising Ms French. She was apologising for not knowing and it obviously really affected her enjoyment of Bangel, which I thought was frustrating. I don't have much hope people won't made comments about Buffy/Riley being unpopular etc.

Comment

Wasn't sure where to post this (because I know this thread is for S4 reactions)... but
              Spoiler:
              I just caught Liam Catterson's reactions to BY and absolutely loved his entire reaction and was surprised he liked it this much (not because it isn't worth loving, but because reacting for the first time makes you possibly miss undertones that you'd pick up on later on rewatching). I think he called it his favourite Spike-centric episode to date, which also surprised me, since I know he loved FFL so much.
              And wow, I have a whole backlog of reactions to catch up to—all of LD's closing reactions to S7 that I still haven't watched, then his review, and also Introvert's reactions.

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm happy for you to also start a S7 specific reactions thread if you'd like, or you can post in the general Buffy and Angel YouTube reactions thread in this section, but I think it can be helpful to have them split in seasons.

• SpuffyGlitz
                SpuffyGlitz commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree, it makes sense for them to be diff seasons! I might open a general reactions thread as well for when they're all at diff places

SpuffyGlitz It depends what works for you. There is a general thread that people post any they have seen in, from random seasons - Buffy and Angel YouTube Reactions or there are the specific threads for seasons 1-4 of BtVS and S1 of AtS, because I've been creating them as I've been following specific reactors from ep1. There's no reason why threads for S5-7 of BtVS or S2-5 of AtS can't just be created though.

I think having them broken up into seasons means that people could find reactions recommended or suggested for an episode more easily by searching for it in that season's thread. But you could do that in the general thread too if you wanted. The season threads can be muddled up and have a reaction mentioned that is just a single reaction/one off or a reaction per episode. It doesn't matter. Or the general thread can be used too. So, really it's just a case of posting where it makes sense for you.

Comment

• SpuffyGlitz
                SpuffyGlitz commented
                Editing a comment
                Stoney Oh, okay, that makes sense! Sorry, it gets confusing, ha.

I was hesitant to post in the YouTube thread because the reactions I was talking about were just up on Patreon. I'm not sure if they're on YT as yet.

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                I think if you mentioned at the start of the post you were talking about one on Patreon it would be okay. I think that's been done before. I don't know if people would feel it warranted spoilers, but they could still avoid then if they wanted.

Don't know if anyone else watches Sora Miyano's reactions, but her reaction to Who Are You is up, and she feels exactly as I felt about Faith once I'd watched this episode. She has no more pity left to give and doesn't want to see Faith again. She's a big Angel fan, so she's in for a surprise

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                I enjoyed the AtS one of hers I watched, Hero, and was hoping to see others of hers at some point. She seemed very invested in the characters.

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                She does get emotional and always gives a warning at the start of her reviews about shouting

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Don't know if anyone else watches Sora Miyano's reactions, but her reaction to Who Are You is up, and she feels exactly as I felt about Faith once I'd watched this episode. She has no more pity left to give and doesn't want to see Faith again. She's a big Angel fan, so she's in for a surprise
              I'll be honest, all reaction channels are subject to taste and she's shat on Xander enough times that I've lost interest in her opinion of the show.

Geeked Out Nation just did "The Body", btw
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post

I'll be honest, all reaction channels are subject to taste and she's shat on Xander enough times that I've lost interest in her opinion of the show.

Geeked Out Nation just did "The Body", btw
                Geeked's The Body (and I Was Made To Love You) is fantastic.

Yes, Sora does not like Xander or Cordelia, which she freely admits. I don't mind reactors who hate on characters because I think they're being more honest then reactors who just love everyone and everything.

What I don't like are podcasters, who deep dive into an episode and end up hating on the characters. They are meant to be unravelling and understanding on a deeper level, so I often stop listening to them if they keep up the hate.

Comment

Alley Box has done Something Blue, and like Geeked and The Body, this one was personal. She loved it, but she's recently been through a break-up herself and that colours her opinions.

Comment

• Stoney
                    Stoney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oooo, I'll try to watch this later with failwhale's AtS reactions.

I caught up with alley box's reaction to Something Blue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ3Cx4paEkM.

Fun point about the 'wedding' theme in both BtVS and AtS. No shock, I'm still really liking her enthusiasm for Spike's inclusion and interest for how his character is going to be integrated. Glad she enjoyed this ep so much and appreciated the mix of humour and depth it gives.

Her positivity for Buffy/Riley really is very sweet, I do hope she doesn't have it spoiled. Obviously, how it eventually does go may well make her very unhappy, but the enthusiasm for the potential is lovely.

Her feeling of connection for what Willow is going through was expected, but still, hearing how it was relatable for her and seeing such an emotion-led response was great. Her thoughts on how the others responded to Willow were interesting too.

Comment

Her reaction to Someting Blue was great. It's obvious she's connecting the story of this and previous episodes to her real life events and some things just hit too close to home. I'm still fascinated with her enthusiasm for Riley and Buffy.

Comment

Originally posted by redtent View Post
                      I'm still fascinated with her enthusiasm for Riley and Buffy.
                      Sadly, I think her enthusiasm is in great part originating from wanting Buffy to just have a positive/supporting relationship and Riley's hangups and the breakdown of the relationship she's going to feel very disheartened by. But then again, it does take its time getting there and as she'll be a way on from her own relationship break up by then she might be in a different frame of mind for it.

Comment

I've just seen failwhale34's reaction to A New Man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtqjqIQa_YA.

His expectation at the start that Spike is going to be a force for good now was interesting but seemed a big leap to me. Perhaps he's a bit spoiled on Spike's direction. I'm pretty sure I just thought he was in it all for kicks at this stage.

His comments about how he thinks Riley views Buffy at the end of the ep were really interesting. His thoughts about The Initiative and the conflict brewing there were good and I liked the appreciation for Giles' situation through the ep and the humour with Spike. Solid awareness of the nudges towards things that could develop too.

Comment

failwhale has posted for The I in Team - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqYlWK2aMGI.

I love how much he's thinking about The Initiative/Walsh and trying to figure out where it might be going. His thoughts about the group's dynamics, Willow's isolation, the shifts, the uncertainty around The Initiative, are all good. It feels like he's very involved in the story and I loved his response to Walsh's attempt to kill Buffy. He's expectation for how integrated Spike is going to become is interesting as he's expecting something far more genial than will happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X