X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Stoney have you seen Failwhale34's BtVS S4 Eps 20 &21 yet? I felt sorry for him, because he enjoyed 20 so much he went straight into 21, and he didn't really enjoy that much. He pointed out a lot of the silliness of the episode and you could tell his eyes were rolling so hard
    They weren't up last I checked. I'll try to get time for them later today, thanks for flagging it.

It's a shame if Primeval was such a disappointment for him as it is kind of the finale of the season. I know I like Adam more than most so I'm probably less bothered by some of the weaker elements, I'll be interested to see what he found most problematic.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Stoney have you seen Failwhale34's BtVS S4 Eps 20 &21 yet? I felt sorry for him, because he enjoyed 20 so much he went straight into 21, and he didn't really enjoy that much. He pointed out a lot of the silliness of the episode and you could tell his eyes were rolling so hard

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    It has actually taken me this long to get to watch alley box's Goodbye Iowa.

Another person sad to see Maggie written out and the loss of the potential from where she'd been written up to this point. I hope she enjoys Adam as much as I do, than feels mostly the disappointments a lot of fans seem to. Some good first thoughts on him. I do understand some of her reservations about the episode too though.

Love the questions over Tara. That she inserted a comment with hindsight here after seeing the whole season to acknowledge editing the episode for YouTube reminded her of the aborted spell is fun.

No surprise she is intrigued by what is happening with Riley and where it might go with him/The Initiative. I really like that she's frustrated that she isn't going to watch BtVS next. She should do what I do and watch one of each show at the same time. But I appreciate she's wanting to space out the reactions so she won't do that. It'd save her the frustration though.

--
    Pleased to see it looks like failwhale is back as he's posted a Spider-Man reaction after a two week break, so I'm going to keep an eye out for a new video for him any time too.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    alley box has put up Goodbye Iowa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptxcyKZwLpo, hopefully I'll get to see it later today.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    But some of us don't want to be.

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    The meta of that is of course we are doing exactly what Maggie Walsh is doing - watching them have sex

• Stoney
    replied
    alley box's enthusiasm for the show is great. Listening to her speculation at the start before she sees where things go with Maggie Walsh is entertaining. I like that she's seen the scientific perspective of The Initiative as a contrast to the mystical, but she's a bit muddled about their views of demons. But the response to them more as dangerous animals will make more sense moving on perhaps.

Her response to Maggie viewing Buffy and Riley is funny and she's really taken aback by where the episode goes from there through to the final reveal of Adam killing Maggie. Plenty of speculation and energy for all of it. Interesting responses to Willow/Tara and in relation to Willow's friendship with Buffy especially.

Her observations about how Maggie was holding a motherly/parental role were good. I'm intrigued to see how she reacts to the continuation of that element.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I've just seen alley box has put up her reaction for The I in Team - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp9frc5TL3k , hopefully I'll get to watch this later today.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Failwhale's reaction to New Moon Rising is up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdB61K9ABkk
    He's adorable about Willow/Tara and is really behind Willow's journey to this point. I think he's going to be a big fan of this pairing/already is. His comments afterwards in his reaction to Oz and where it leaves Riley are all pretty fair. I was still sad to see Oz go when I first saw this, but they do draw the line quite firmly here.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    failwhale34 has put up his YouTube reaction for Where the Wild Things Are - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhnRZbkFgrs

His response to this episode was very much like my initial reaction to it. Although, I have come to appreciate the underlying theme and consideration to the traumatic experiences of the children more on rewatches, and for what it considers with Anya which also helps to make it more watchable, it still is one of my least favourite episodes.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I think you'll enjoy this one Priceless .

• Stoney
    replied
    I just caught up, hope to watch Eternity later. I absolutely adore Superstar so I was glad failwhale enjoyed it. Interesting idea that some people might struggle with it because of the Faith episode coming before. Some good appreciation for the ties into the season it gave too. Interesting he thinks it is a guilty pleasure episode. I don't feel any guilt in loving it.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Ooo haven't had chance to see Alley Box's reaction yet. It's a great episode, so I'm hoping she'll love it.

• Stoney
    replied
    I've just seen alley box's reaction to A New Man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV8q0_DMA4

I can't deny it just makes me happy to hear someone talking about Buffy as their favourite show.

This was a fun reaction. A Giles focused episode was always going to go down well with her. I've used to be quite dismissive of Ethan, but hearing the positives put forward by fans of the character here and seeing the love for him in the reactions has really helped me gain appreciation.

She was quite annoyed with Riley obviously wanting to test himself against Buffy, but totally swung to getting the feels for the pair again at the ending. She's seen it as a first blip, but doesn't appreciate how fundamental the problem will remain. I'm fascinated to see how she responds to how their relationship goes. But I'm pleased she is enjoying the relationship alongside Buffy at this point.

Plenty of intrigue for what is going on/how things might develop with Maggie. I'll be very interested to see how she responds to more of the Willow/Tara storyline too as she struggles to remember Tara's name still at the moment.

--
    I've just seen failwhale has put up a reaction for Superstar too (and Eternity over in AtS1), hopefully I'll get around to seeing this later - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LU3erYywFg.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Finally, I've seen failwhale's reaction to This Year's Girl - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ih6xsLMkfk.

It's such a shame that he's so disappointed at the very end as he was clearly really energised by the episode and excited about the possibilities. Well, right up to that last moment. He's still looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with it though, he just has reservations. He seems to be expecting Faith to stick around for the rest of the season, so I'm not sure how disappointed he's going to be at her stay being limited.

I was really pleased to see his reaction to Who Are You was up too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2UACdPo2jI.

I really like his responses to seeing the actors starting to play each other's characters. It's a shame he didn't really connect with Faith's change of heart at first and how affected she'd been by the experience of being treated differently. Glad he liked it overall and the balance they gave to the body swap antics along with the character exploration that brought in self-reflection. He was really on board by the confrontation in the church to how Faith was feeling and I think has always felt the tragedy in Faith's story. Really looking forward to seeing his response to her switch over to AtS.

Liking his interest in Willow/Tara too. I didn't pick up on it any more than him before this point I don't think.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Just watched Failwhale34's reaction to This Year's Girl. He was loving it and very excited right till the end. He had so many ideas about where it was going, but was quite disappointed about the body swap. I guess it's because he's seen it so many times before in so many later shows?
    Ooooo, I'm glad to hear that he's back. I hope I get to see this later. It's such a shame that he's a bit disappointed. Hopefully, how excellent the acting is in 'being' the other person will make it zing for him in the next ep.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Just watched Failwhale34's reaction to This Year's Girl. He was loving it and very excited right till the end. He had so many ideas about where it was going, but was quite disappointed about the body swap. I guess it's because he's seen it so many times before in so many later shows?

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    She's great, I love seeing the show through her eyes

• Stoney
    replied
    Yep, Priceless , alley box's response to Doomed was fab. The excitement at Riley becoming a regular and her engagement with all the ups and downs between Buffy and Riley was really enjoyable to watch. It'll be interesting to see how she responds to the different outlooks between them as that all slowly develops. I think she'll get plenty of enjoyment before the inevitable break, that she is kind of expecting, and will actually be surprised at how long they are together. Funny how much she is relating to what Buffy is going through.

Pleased she is enjoying how Spike is being used of course, and glad she can see that there's a mix of truth and manipulation in what he says. Her thoughts on the connections back to their high school selves was fab and I'm impressed she has picked up on multiple references to Faith, I'm not sure I ever did.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    You'll love it
Working...
X