Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, I'm glad she hasn't ditched it. It'll be fascinating to see if she eases into the darker notes as they are always there in the themes. Her response to Giles' past especially will be intriguing.

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    She's upto Season 2 Reptile Boy on Patreon, so yes she is continuing as far as I can tell.

• Stoney
    replied
    I just watched Veronika's reaction to The Pack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFk0...XwCIjmUJpuyP8G. This is the first time I can remember seeing someone dislike this episode. I'm really not sure she is going to get on so well with the show if The Pack in S1 was a bit too much for her. There were elements she liked, so you never know, she might settle into the darker elements and themes.

Priceless have you watched more of hers? She seems to have got up to Puppet Show about three weeks ago and then stopped.

hani namu was hilariously defensive of Willow in this and a lot more receptive to the episode overall - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wyN...tmuZo4HtlAhdq4. Entertaining reaction, I do enjoy her style.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I just watched Thor's reaction to Witch. His comment at the end about liking it when a show mixes the supernatural elements with parallels to real life made me smile. Yep, he's likely to keep enjoying the show.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I just watched hani namu's and Veronika's reactions to NKABOTFD. I'm really enjoying both of these. I was quite surprised by how irritated they both felt at Owen so I'm going to open a vs thread to gauge what others think.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I watched hani namu's reactions to Witch and Teacher's Pet so I can start watching hers and Veronika's side by side now.

I find the constant switching of her inset against the episode mildly irritating but her reactions are so entertaining I'll just get used to it if she keeps doing that. Her references to Captain America in Witch and Kung Fu Panda in Teacher's Pet amused me. And still her squeee every time Angel appears on screen makes me smile. She loves Willow and the friendships Buffy is building with her and Xander too. She's definitely a fun reactor to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    hani namu reacts' reaction to The Harvest was hilarious. "Their lair is so gloomy, I mean, get some sunlight". And her fangirling over Angel is really entertaining. Lots of appreciation for the other characters too. Shame she's not feeling the threat of the vamps so much. But she's just a delight to watch. A new favourite.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    She is a big Angel fan. Like you, I thought it was a weird way to watch the shows, though she doesn't seem very spoilt on who Buffy is. She is a big Willow fan too.

I've only just discovered her, so not watched a lot of her reactions, but she does seem really enthusiastic. It makes me wonder how she'll react to the later seasons.
    It will probably just depend on how invested she gets in the BtVS characters along the way. It'll be very interesting to see how she reacts to Angel's relationships with Spike and Dru in S2. If they present them/their dynamics in any ways that she finds surprising after first seeing them in the odd AtS episodes and flashbacks. She did seem quite taken aback by how mean Cordelia was at a couple of points in Welcome To.

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoney View Post
    Priceless , I watched hani namu reacts' Welcome to the Hellmouth video. It's a little odd, as she's seen some of Angel, the first couple of seasons I think she said. Having odd snippets of what happens from seeing the sister show is always an odd start to seeing BtVS I think. It's back to front. She's got pleeeeenty of love for Angel though.

Have you followed all of hers? I think she's about midway through S2 glancing at her loaded reactions.

I like her and how she's responding to the show and the humour. Lots of energy and enthusiasm for it. It's a great first episode reaction. She's funny. I'll definitely try watching a few more of hers.
    She is a big Angel fan. Like you, I thought it was a weird way to watch the shows, though she doesn't seem very spoilt on who Buffy is. She is a big Willow fan too.

I've only just discovered her, so not watched a lot of her reactions, but she does seem really enthusiastic. It makes me wonder how she'll react to the later seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Priceless , I watched hani namu reacts' Welcome to the Hellmouth video. It's a little odd, as she's seen some of Angel, the first couple of seasons I think she said. Having odd snippets of what happens from seeing the sister show is always an odd start to seeing BtVS I think. It's back to front. She's got pleeeeenty of love for Angel though.

Have you followed all of hers? I think she's about midway through S2 glancing at her loaded reactions.

I like her and how she's responding to the show and the humour. Lots of energy and enthusiasm for it. It's a great first episode reaction. She's funny. I'll definitely try watching a few more of hers.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Veronika's reaction to Teacher's Pet was interesting. Obviously, it's a Xander centric episode, but she was making a point about it increasing her interest in him. Which may well be true, but it does make me feel it might be because she was criticised for not commenting on him before. Although, she was openly critical of him continuing to pine for Buffy which does seem to be often be an issue people have. She did seem to contextualise that to him being a typical teenage boy though. The usual deserved appreciation for the lovely Dr Gregory. I was surprised at first when she said she liked TP more than Witch. But they do both have their strengths.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting. I think I'm going to start a thread and see what responses and shifts others have seen as, thinking about it, I thought the general consensus was new fans were more likely to be against him.

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    I would also say there is a Xander resurgence happening in the fandom, or so it seems to me.

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting. If she didn't strike you as possibly German she probably isn't.

• flow
    commented on 's reply
    I heard one sentence and instantly thought she must be Italian.

• Stoney
    replied
    So I've just seen Veronika's reaction to Witch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-exi9u0hJBs&list. Really enjoying seeing her Giles love is continuing. Great appreciation for Buffy and, although this first MOTW didn't bowl her over, for the world building it gave.

I was disappointed that she said she got a lot of reactions to her first videos criticising her not having much of Xander included. I know the reactors must have their audience in mind but affecting what someone chooses to include and comment on is warping their individual response. Fan responses and comments to the reactors often emphasises how some people clearly watch wanting to see their own response mirrored.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Honestly, I'm hopeless with accents. I caught a 'w' in place of a 'v' and vice versa, so wondered at German, but I don't know if other accents do that.

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Yes the accent intrigued me too. I wondered if she's Danish? Finish? Could she be German?

• Stoney
    replied
    I wonder what Veronika's accent is. She said she is in Scotland but obviously isn't from there. I'm so rubbish at accents, help me out someone.

I've watched her reaction now to The Harvest too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB3bM_-EWQA&list.

I'm glad that she likes The Master. She does seem to have enjoyed the basic setup and what we see at first of the group. Good first comments on Xander and Buffy. Interesting initial expectation that Cordelia's role is for bringing balance to the combination of the supernatural with the high school drama rather than expecting the two to mesh as they will.

I'm intrigued to see how her feelings on the show develop going from her initial reaction here on the tone, where she's especially enjoying the fun and humour that is threaded through, and feels it is not taking itself too seriously. She might find the more serious themes work in alongside this and balance fine for her, particularly in the earlier seasons, but I don't think of it overall as a light hearted show personally.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I just watched the Welcome to the Hellmouth reaction for the new reactor Veronika that Priceless flagged in the general YouTube thread - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRLYsJiG3I&list

I think she's funny, although possibly plays up her visual reactions a bit. I don't know if that or the fact that she talks constantly will irritate me. I'll definitely watch a couple more of hers to see if I get used to her quirks. She is up to IRYJ so far, so there are a few to give a go. The spoilers that she knows are pretty vague. Although she thinks Angel and Spike are love interests, she said she thought one of them is a vampire. The details just don't seem there much at all. She does also know Willow is in a famous lesbian relationship often cited in tv tropes.

I'm really amused that she says Giles is very British. The depiction of Giles is really over the top 'British' so often, but it really does seem this is how other nations picture us. I suppose the Royal Family and stuffy politicians don't help to dispel that impression much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X