Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Spike had been killed off would you have kept watching ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing13
    replied
    When I was young and I started to watch Buffy I liked Spike as a character and his personality in season 2, particularly for his look (during my High School years i dyed my hair platinum blonde because of him for a period); growing I started to like Angel more (thanks to his show) and after I started to don't like both very much
    I never realy liked Spike's character from season 3 onward but, for me, the problem was that the majority of Btvs' main character was uninteresting: Giles, Willow, Dawn, Xander, Anya
    I wasn't interested in Giles, Willow, and Dawn. I never liked Xander and Anya: their hypocrisy, their double standard of thinking, their continuous judging of others disgusted me (they were right for each other as a couple); in season 7 Xander (not Anya) started to be better as a person even if I never liked him. Sincerely if I was in Angel or Spike's place in seasons 1-6, I would have killed Xander (even with a soul).
    I wasn't interested in Tara as a character but I always thought she was a great person and I had a great respect for her.
    I never liked Cordelia and i didn't care about Gunn
    I wasn't interested in Fred and Wesley as characters, but I liked Fred's personality and her intelligence and I think that Wesley's development was great and in the last seasons he became a great man (in Season 5 I think he was better and more mature than Angel and Spike)
    I think that Faith was a great character and for me she is very hot, but I didn't care about her very much
    I liked Buffy; i think that she is very beautiful and, despite her faults sometimes, i love her spirit of sacrifice, her responsability, the burden and duty she caried on all her life and, her "girl power".

So, for me, the only interesting "main characters" of both shows were: Buffy-Faith and Angel-Spike

Yes, if Spike had been killed off would I have kept watching the show, since with years I wasn't much interested in him and, also, because one of the main reasons I watched the show was that for me Buffy was very beautiful

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post
    It seems grossly unfair that I'm flagged for responding to Bespangled after he/she deliberately singled me out. That's not not right. That's passive aggressive online bullying and that apparently is OK
    Your comment was deleted for being openly aggressive. The comments are not a facility for making snide remarks to other members. But as you obviously felt offended, I did look back on the sequence of posts and could see why you felt singled out, which I also acknowledged and even said that I understood why you were choosing to consider the point originally raised by MikeB further.

I didn't read the original point by bespangeled as targeting you in a passive aggressive way so much as addressing that they felt the post was going off topic and disagreed it was relevant. We won't always read posts with the same tone and that is why the option to flag a post exists. That is the appropriate way to deal with the situation if you feel offended by someone else's post and as I've shown, they do get looked at. If you had just done that you wouldn't have been flagged for anything.

I'm happy to continue to discussing this in the PMs if you wish, but this needs to stop disrupting the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Silver1
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheese Slices View Post
    I mean, we'll never know, but I think they got along fine. IIRC, SMG was the one who suggested he be brought back as a regular in the first place, and in one of her "I quit" interviews, she mentions him as (one of) the people she'll miss the most, and JM always had nice things to say about her AFAIK (I don't really take the set comment as snide, it's a fun anecdote and everyone knows she is tiny anyway). When you spend that much time with someone, I'm sure there's moments when you get on each other's nerves, but it doesn't look like there ever was a deep seated resentment or dislike between them, quite the contrary.

I never knew whether the rumors about SMG being right-wing at the time were true, did you get that from a specific source Silver1 ?
    JM told me during dinner at a con years back.

Leave a comment:

• Summers_Anne
    commented on 's reply
    Yes this is all true . Even with set tension there was positive respect they had for each other . Also SMG is a democrat

• Summers_Anne
    commented on 's reply
    When did JM said this in passing? I think he could have meant it differently or say many things in joking , he has also said ( in praises) that she has a beautiful pretty face many times ( in interviews) and has called her the 'perfect woman' also

• BtVS fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoney View Post
    I can understand why someone might feel that the personal relationships of the actors might influence whether they would be written out or not. Possibly more than suggesting that someone loving working on the show might influence anything. I'm not sure it truly would, but I can understand considering it.

Both MikeB's original post mentioned the personal relationship as well as BtVS fan's response. There's nothing wrong of course with disagreeing, as I said I'm not sure it would impact anything, but I can see why BtVS fan in having responded to the first mention may have felt perturbed by being singled out for raising it. That being said, I've deleted the last comment made in response as it was unnecessarily aggressive. If members are offended by another member's post please report them to be looked at, don't take to making responsive attacks in the comments.

Please draw a line on this disagreement now, thank you.
    It seems grossly unfair that I'm flagged for responding to Bespangled after he/she deliberately singled me out. That's not not right. That's passive aggressive online bullying and that apparently is OK
    Last edited by BtVS fan; 17-06-21, 07:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cheese Slices
    replied
    I mean, we'll never know, but I think they got along fine. IIRC, SMG was the one who suggested he be brought back as a regular in the first place, and in one of her "I quit" interviews, she mentions him as (one of) the people she'll miss the most, and JM always had nice things to say about her AFAIK (I don't really take the set comment as snide, it's a fun anecdote and everyone knows she is tiny anyway). When you spend that much time with someone, I'm sure there's moments when you get on each other's nerves, but it doesn't look like there ever was a deep seated resentment or dislike between them, quite the contrary.

I never knew whether the rumors about SMG being right-wing at the time were true, did you get that from a specific source Silver1 ?

Leave a comment:

• Silver1
    replied
    Lets put it this way, back then politically SMG and JM were polls apart and that didn't help matters, but JM made sure he was a good boy and kept on her good side as much as possible. He could be a bit bit snide about her now and again in private though. He said in passing (when told that point SMG was trying to get more TV commercials work) that Sarah really didn't have the face to sell shampoo and that all the sets doorways were lowered to make her look less small.

Thing is imo It's rare that your lead actors all get along 100 per cent of the time, and so long as they are professional about it thats fine.
    Last edited by Silver1; 17-06-21, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I can understand why someone might feel that the personal relationships of the actors might influence whether they would be written out or not. Possibly more than suggesting that someone loving working on the show might influence anything. I'm not sure it truly would, but I can understand considering it.

Both MikeB's original post mentioned the personal relationship as well as BtVS fan's response. There's nothing wrong of course with disagreeing, as I said I'm not sure it would impact anything, but I can see why BtVS fan in having responded to the first mention may have felt perturbed by being singled out for raising it. That being said, I've deleted the last comment made in response as it was unnecessarily aggressive. If members are offended by another member's post please report them to be looked at, don't take to making responsive attacks in the comments.

Please draw a line on this disagreement now, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• bespangeled
    replied
    BtVS fan

Worth pointing out that although they got on working together. SMG and JM were not that big friends outside filming. He wasn't invited to her wedding like ASH was and she hasn't kept in contact with him post Buffy like she has with say DB and even AH
    This is a personal note about the actors and how they got along. I didn't see the relevance but more than that it opens the door to a lot of speculation about the actors themselves.

If James Marsters left BtVS after BtVS S5, that would create CHAOS. 20th Century Fox Entertainment was looking to considerably boost the money that the network paid for BtVS. Buffy/Spike was the hook for BtVS S6. Money would have been thrown at James to get him to stay. Unless he got a movie role or could be in a TV show that paid him enough, he wasn't leaving BtVS. He loved working on BtVS and he was great friends with Sarah Michelle Gellar at the time.
    This is Mike's speculation as to what would have happened if Spike was killed off, which was the topic, IMO. That's why I didn't comment on what he had to say.

Is that a better explanation? There's only so much we can talk about in the comments.

Leave a comment:

• BtVS fan
    commented on 's reply
    Bespangled what are you talking about. He literally brings it up in his post!

• bespangeled
    commented on 's reply
    BTVS fan - Mike commented on a hypothetical situation, not on how well the actors got along.

• BtVS fan
    commented on 's reply
    I notice you didn't react to Mike post though

• bespangeled
    commented on 's reply
    Cheese Slices - oops. BTVS fan - because once it's part of the conversation, it's there to react to. This was how I reacted.

• Cheese Slices
    commented on 's reply
    I think you @ the wrong person 😉😉😉

• BtVS fan
    commented on 's reply
    Again it was a response to Mike's comment so why bring it up?

• HardlyThere
    replied
    Originally posted by bespangeled View Post

If you need to be a personal friend of your co worker in order to do a good job portraying anything then you're a crap actor, and neither SMG or JM fit in that category.

Are most people friends with everyone they worked with 20 years ago? I don't see where this is worth pointing out at all. I think it just muddies the issue and bring up a whole lot of divisive crap. .It opens a door to some folks on the other board gloating over the fact that JM was older, and Buffy didn't even invite him to a party (when Spike was gonna be killed off), and another claiming JM adopted his niece in order to molest her. There's enough hate out there for JM because some people can't stand Spike.

Cheese Slices - this is just my personal reaction based on my personal experience in fandom. I don't mean to imply that you hold any of these positions, or attack you personally. Just to explain my own feelings on the subject.
    Things like that are always used to bolstered extremely subjective opinions about storylines and seasons. It's in the same category as things mentioned by flow. "Spike stole screentime". He didn't. He stepped into the love interest role previously occupied by other characters. It's also common to say Andrew stole screentime. He didn't. He filled the time left by Giles not being around.

Starting around mid S6 it seems as though a lot of people stopped watching the show to be told a story. They were only interested in getting the story they wanted told. If that didn't happen, it sucked and they'd nitpick odd things to complain about as proof that everything sucked.
    Last edited by HardlyThere; 14-06-21, 02:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bespangeled
    replied
    Worth pointing out that although they got on working together. SMG and JM were not that big friends outside filming. He wasn't invited to her wedding like ASH was and she hasn't kept in contact with him post Buffy like she has with say DB and even AH
    If you need to be a personal friend of your co worker in order to do a good job portraying anything then you're a crap actor, and neither SMG or JM fit in that category.

Are most people friends with everyone they worked with 20 years ago? I don't see where this is worth pointing out at all. I think it just muddies the issue and bring up a whole lot of divisive crap. .It opens a door to some folks on the other board gloating over the fact that JM was older, and Buffy didn't even invite him to a party (when Spike was gonna be killed off), and another claiming JM adopted his niece in order to molest her. There's enough hate out there for JM because some people can't stand Spike.

Cheese Slices - this is just my personal reaction based on my personal experience in fandom. I don't mean to imply that you hold any of these positions, or attack you personally. Just to explain my own feelings on the subject.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I appreciate the intent & it did add points to consider. Their ideas were shared on the internet so I don't think it's problematic raising them, but summarising points you've seen rather than quoting when they aren't members here is probably best.

• Silver1
    replied
    BTVS fan does it matter? I was addressing the sentiments in that copied post and not the person who reposted it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X