Random Wardrobe question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Wardrobe question

At some point or points in Seasons 5 or 6, Tara wears something I'd like to know what it's called. I can't place the episode, but feels like it could have been in multiple episodes.

It's some sort of... swearter/cardigan raincoat like thing. Like if you took a sweater and tried to polymorph it into a trenchcoat and only got halfway there. Can anyone call to mind what I'm thinking of? And what such a knee/calf length jacket/sweater thing might be called?
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Tara wears a lot of over shirts/cardigans as far as I remember. It could just be that one was a long cardigan/coat.

Comment

Do you mean like this one?

I actually own one that's very similar. I could tell you what it's called in German -lol. It translates to knitted coat but I don't know if there is a specific word for it in English.

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

That's the kind of thing I was thinking of. I'd call that just a long cardigan.

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
          Do you mean like this one?

I actually own one that's very similar. I could tell you what it's called in German -lol. It translates to knitted coat but I don't know if there is a specific word for it in English.

flow
          That is exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. I mostly would like to know how to effectively describe it in prose as something a character might wear
          sigpic
          Banner by LRae12

Comment

Honestly, 'she wore a long cardigan' would be all it would take for me to picture something like that. But you could call it a 'longline cardigan' or just specify it is as a knee length one perhaps.

Comment

• Priceless
              Priceless commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd mention 'hooded' too, as that's part of the look, so 'a long hooded cardigan' would fit.

Yeah...it's just a long (or knee-length) cardigan with a hood. I'd recognise it from that description. I've got one - and that's how I'd describe it (I'd also describe it as nicer than Tara's. ).
            sigpic

Comment

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              "I'd also describe it as nicer than Tara's."
          Working...
          X