Fun with Buffy Miniatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with Buffy Miniatures

So I came across this website at www.heroforge.com and it lets you customize your own miniatures from hundreds of different options (hair, facial expressions, poses, clothing and gear). I thought it would be fun to see if I could create the main characters from BtVS.

For some things I had to improvise, for example they don't offer an exact replica of Buffy's scythe, and Spike's duster has a belt, but I had so much fun with this I wanted to share.

The site has teamed up with Shapeways, so you can either order 3D prints of your creations, or buy the 3D files and use your own 3D printer or printing service.

(Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with either Heroforge of Shapeways. Just sharing a bit of free fun!)
    Tara, Willow, Buffy, Xander, Anya
    Giles, Joyce, Dawn
    Spike, Drusilla, Angel

Smile, listen, agree - and then do whatever the f**k you wanted to do anyway... (Robert Downey jr.)

Very nice! I particularly like Buffy, Xander (that's a big tool he has there ), Anya, Spike and Angel. So did you make/order 3D prints?
    https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

There are great Clavus ! I really like Spike/Dru/Angel as a three together, they look fab. It's the little character specific props that I love the most. Anya's money bags in particular really made me smile.

Comment

I love them all too! Especially Buffy, Giles, Xander, Dru, Willow, Anya, Tara, Spike and Angel.

Love the props and accessories for each, too

Comment

They're really good. I especially like Buffy, Xander and Angel

Comment

Thanks so much, guys! This was a lot of fun. Glad you like the minis!

Double Dutchess : I haven't ordered any prints yet. I might get the downloadable files, which are less expensive and upload and print directly from Shapeways. I just have to teach myself a little bit more about painting plastic minis.
            Smile, listen, agree - and then do whatever the f**k you wanted to do anyway... (Robert Downey jr.)

Comment

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              Since I increased the avatar sizes it has made people's existing ones go a bit fuzzy. If you don't have it to reload I might be able to take a screengrab from your profile page and reload for you if needed. Just let me know if you need help.

• Double Dutchess
              Double Dutchess commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe practice on some cheap toy soldiers first

@ Stoney, let me see what I have. I may be able to upload a larger version for better resolution

@DoubleDutchess, that's a good idea. I want to make sure I don't mess up a $40 mini because I didn't take the time to get things right! I guess very small brushes and some magnifying glasses are probably the ticket...

Comment

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              Your Spike's looking sharp again.

Clavus, those are pretty amazing. I love the creativity and thought that's gone into each one of them.

I love that you've given Giles a guitar and his 'kiss the librarian' mug.

The only one that confuses me is Joyce - what does she have in her hand? (not the prezzie, but the other one?)

Comment

• Double Dutchess
              Editing a comment
              Isn't that an umbrella? Btw Joyce reminds me of Gwendolyn Post!

• Clavus
              Clavus commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, was a bit at a loss for her, so I gave her a gift box and an umbrella. I was thinking about her walking over to open her gallery every day.

Double Dutchess wrote: Isn't that an umbrella?
            I think you're right and I'm so disappointed, I'd wondered if it was some random gallery fertility piece.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
              Editing a comment
              Oh, that would have been awesome! Maybe Clavus can still turn it into that with a good paint job

Double Dutchess:

Isn't that an umbrella? Btw Joyce reminds me of Gwendolyn Post!
            Stoney:

I think you're right and I'm so disappointed, I'd wondered if it was some random gallery fertility piece.

Okay, it shows you where my mind is - I thought it was a huge weapon/knife akin to the axe she swings on Spike's head in School Hard!

Comment

Originally posted by American Aurora View Post
              Okay, it shows you where my mind is - I thought it was a huge weapon/knife akin to the axe she swings on Spike's head in School Hard!
              I must admit that my own first thought was of Faith's knife, the one she got from the Mayor.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too! It looks nothing like a brolly

Ha! You guys are the best. The axe from "School Hard" is perfect. Why didn't I think of that?

Fixed it!

Comment

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                That's perfect!

• American Aurora
                American Aurora commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha! That's more like it! Go, Joyce!

• Double Dutchess
                Editing a comment
                This is awesome! "Get the hell away from my pottery!"

Originally posted by Clavus View Post
              Ha! You guys are the best. The axe from "School Hard" is perfect. Why didn't I think of that?
              Well the fertility statue could have been a 'big weapon'. *snerk* The axe is perfect, and she looks appropriately fierce. It's so good.

I'm going to side step and take the opportunity to apologise for not getting to the Showtime review yet Clavus . But it is what I'm going to be doing this coming week around the next batch of site restructuring. Really, very much looking forward to it.

Comment

• Clavus
                Clavus commented
                Editing a comment
                No worries, Stoney. I'm glad I posted when I did and had the time to focus and write. We're in the middle of moving house now and I certainly understand what it means to be swamped! Looking forward to reading your take on things.
            Working...
            X