No announcement yet.

Joss Whedon Top Ten episodes that werent directed by him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, my top 12 Buffy episodes not directed by Joss Whedon, in chronological order:

Passion
    I Only Have Eyes For You
    The Wish
    Earshot
    Something Blue
    Fool for Love
    Forever
    Intervention
    Dead Things
    Seeing Red
    Villains
    Conversations with Dead People
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

I think Whedon's list is actually great. There aren't many I'd change . . . except for a Season 1 episode I'd probably go for Witch because it's the one that really hooked me into the show and I think the direction is really well paced and there are some really good shots, such as the cheerleaders feet and the dolls going into the cauldron etc.

I'm not a fan of I Only Have Eyes for You, so I'd probably change that to School Hard, for incredibly biased reasons that I prefer less Angel and more Spike I might be tempted to change The Zeppo to Lovers Walk for the same reasons, more Spike less Xander.

Comment

The Puppet Show
        School Hard
        Passion
        Lovers Walk
        The Wish
        Helpless
        Fool For Love
        Tabula Rasa
        Normal Again
        Seeing Red
        Help
        Conversations With Dead People

They piled up to thirteen before I could even squeeze in Something Blue. I couldn't decide which episode to take off the list to cut it down to twelve.

flow

Comment

Ten is too small a number really. FFL, OMWF and Passion would definitely be in my top ten. Things start to get more difficult from there.

....I'm provisionally adding The Wish, Earshot and Dead Things. Ugh, up to 6 already. After Life and Beneath You are further contenders. I'm dwelling.... Restless I think, hmmmmm...

....Hush, Helpless, Prophecy Girl, LMPTM and I'm up to 13. And I don't know what order I'd put them in either.

10 is too small a number.

Comment

• TimeTravellingBunny
            TimeTravellingBunny commented
            Editing a comment
            Hush, OMWF. Restless and Prophecy Girl don't count, they were directed by Whedon. So, you still have only 9 and you can add 3 more! Since Whedon's list had 12.

AfterLife was one of those I almost included on my list.

Doh, lack of paying attention to who directed what and the OP.

Okay then so I've got...

FFL, Passion, The Wish, Earshot, Dead Things, After Life, Beneath You, Helpless, LMPTM....

let's add Seeing Red, The Pack and.... (Ted, The Zeppo, Superstar, Fear Itself, Crush, Intervention, Smashed, Hell's Bells, Normal Again, Villains... arrrrrrgh......)

Same Time, Same Place.

Comment

Working...
          X