Boom! Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tea Time #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom! Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tea Time #1

Preview pages for BOOM! Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tea Time #1 which is out this week.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/buff...s-the-vampire/

Giles/tea is one of my favourite pairings, but Giles was buried with a teacup?!

But the best thing is the text accompanying the preview.

And just as surely as Giles wants to suck on blood in this issue, BOOM! is hoping to suck all the money out of your wallet with an eight-dollar price tag.
    (The rest is worth reading too.)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• American Aurora
      American Aurora commented
      Editing a comment
      Giles was buried with a teacup? Okay, that’s it, I’m actually reading this issue. Sounds hilarious. ;D

'My dears' and 'dedicated to her Majesty' egads.

Comment

I really enjoyed that! I loved the 'bad fanfic' feel of the early pages, and the scene in the library is fun. I do like the art, even though Buffy and Willow don't look anything like themselves.

Is it just a normal comic? Is it $8 because it's bigger?

Comment

A promising idea as already executed by Christopher Golden in his series of Lost Slayer books. Pity this story probably won't be a patch on his.

Comment

• Stoney
          Stoney commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooo, I have the Lost Slayer. Yet another book that I've bought and haven't read yet.

It's a long time since I last read it, but I do remember really enjoying it, and Golden's Vamp Giles being incredibly creepy.

Comment

So, this starts in modern reality that's a bit closer to original version Buffy? I notice that Xander is distinctly not dead.

I feel like this will be pulled into their multiverse story in the main comic eventually.

Comment

There's not much of a story to this, just the scoobies in the library each telling a story of what they'd do if Giles turned into a vampire. It's a fun read, but it definitely had the Biles (??) shippers in mind as it felt quite sexual. Giles dresses Buffy in this sexy red outfit for her coffin in Buffy's version of the story. This also has Buffy unable to kill Vamp Giles because she loves him so much, though this is an alternative dimension story, so not sure if Angel is part of this Buffy's life or not. Fun, interesting, but quite odd.

Comment

• Priceless
              Priceless commented
              Editing a comment
              It is only a hint, and I could be reading into it, but if you are a Biles fan I think you'll like the Spike/Dru feel to Vamp Giles/Buffy.

• American Aurora
              Editing a comment
              Biles feels very much like a ‘daddy’ fic, but not as remotely unsettling as Spawn. Even when Spawn is set years in the future when Dawn is over 40, it still feels ‘off’ to me.

• Double Dutchess
              Double Dutchess commented
              Editing a comment
              So was it worth the $8 in your opinion?

It's funny that this comic is some sort of a Biles fanfic because I was just talking about Biles fanfic the other day and trying to understand what it is about the ship that appeals to people. For scientific reasons only I read a Biles fanfic story (a short one) and it was written rather well. It was a classic f*** or die trope and, well, guess who had to do the f*** part? The story was set in season 2 before Innocence and therefore Buffy was still a virgin. However, the story wasn`t icky. They went about their task in a quite matter-of-factly way. There wasn't wild passion or even romance but there was a very well-written feeling of tenderness and gentleness. If anyone ever wants to read a Biles fanfic I (cautiously) recommend: The Apocalypse Stone - antennapedia - Buffy the Vampire Slayer [Archive of Our Own]

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

I have read a few Biles fics, but it really isn't my thing. I prefer Giles with Xander, Anya or Faith, or at a push Willow. I've read a few Giles/Wesley fics but they don't work for me either.

Comment

• American Aurora
                Editing a comment
                Giles and Anya are my favorite alternative ship - doesn’t feel dicey since she’s technically a thousand years older than him.

• Priceless
                Priceless commented
                Editing a comment
                American Aurora, it feels like an ex demon and a Watcher sorta fit together and would make a great team.

"Biles" is one of the ships in the Buffyverse I just don't understand. I'm grossed out just by the idea of romance between Buffy and Giles.

Comment

I'm a 'each to their own' gal, so It doesn't upset me, but as Giles is penciled in as a father figure It's not something that appeals to me personally. There used to one women on Tumblr that couldn't stand Spike or Spuffy (god only knows why she chose to follow me then) and who would regularly launch into these rants about how unhealthy and vile Spuffy and Spike was. Eventually I had enough and pointed out she was a massive Buffy/Giles shipper, and as in the show he's a surrogate father figure, didn't she have any issues with that...AT ALL?

She shut up after that.....

Comment

• Skippcomet
                  Skippcomet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Biles shippers used to actively protest any in-show attempt to cast Giles as a surrogate father for Buffy, claiming that it was just the writers being ageist againt Giles. *shrug*

For everyone who wants to dive deeper into Biles or any other Giles ship I'd like to mention that the Summer Of Giles 2021 has just begun on Dreamwidth. It's one of the last remaining seasonal events within the Buffyverse.

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, there are usually lots of Buffy/Giles fics in Summer of Giles. I've read and commented on a few in the past (when I was participating in SoG myself), just to be supportive, but it's REALLY not my cup of tea.

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Double Dutchess It's his cups of tea that are your cup of tea.

• Double Dutchess
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL Stoney yes, give me Giles/tea any day!

Did anyone see Whedoneaques poll on twitter about favourite Buffy ships ? I wasn't surprised to see Buffy/Faith were second behind Buffy/Spike. I know loads of Baith shippers, and fewer and fewer Bangel shippers.

Comment

I am surprised Whedonesque didn't change their name.

flow

Banner by Brendan

Comment

• Priceless
                    Priceless commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think they also promote Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse etc.

• Stoney
                    Stoney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They're so well known in fandom, they wouldn't really want to fully change their name. I'm not sure it was worth doing the asterisk instead really as anyone who knows them is still going to read it as Whedonesque.

• PuckRobin
                    PuckRobin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It’s a symbolic asterisk that says we stand by the art, not the artist.
                Working...
                X