• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BAF
    Slayer
    • Jul 2007

BOOM! Buffyverse News Thread 2

Full Buffyverse BOOM! Books For April 2020.

BOOM! Studios sent Major Spoilers the cover images and solicitation information for titles arriving in April 2020.

BUFFY: EVERY GENERATION #1

Publisher: BOOM! Studios
    Retail Price: $7.99
    Writer: Morgan Beem & Lauren Garcia, Nilah Magruder, Caitlin Yarsky, and more
    Artist: Morgan Beem, Caitlin Yarsky, and more
    Cover Artists:
    Main Cover: TBA
    Variant Cover: Caitlin Yarsky
    Incentive Cover: TBA

Synopsis:
    The SECRET ORIGINS of some of the most important Slayers in history…

…and the First Appearance of a new character with a familiar face who will change the way you look at Buffy and everything about her world.

This is the Buffy comic that everyone will be talking about and the most important new character in over twenty years!

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #14

Retail Price: $3.99
    Writer: Jordie Bellaire
    Artist: Julian Lopez
    Cover Artists:
    Main Cover: David Lopez
    Spotlight Cover: Marguerite Sauvage
    Ring of Fire Cover: Matthew Taylor
    Incentive Cover: Afua Richardson

Synopsis: Kendra The Vampire Slayer—and the all-new Scooby gang—must defend Sunnydale from the aftershocks of the Hellmouth and a new threat that feels very familiar! But can they fill the void left behind by
    Buffy?

And will this issue answer the question of what, exactly, happened to Buffy?

ANGEL + SPIKE #11

Retail Price: $3.99
    Writer: Bryan Edward Hill
    Artist: Gleb Melnikov
    Cover Artists:
    Main Cover: Dan Panosian
    Variant Cover B: Gleb Melnikov
    Variant Cover C: Scott Buoncristiano
    Incentive Cover: Jonas Scharf

Synopsis: With a rogue demon on the loose, Team Spike is running out of time to save the life of an innocent boy—but Wolfram & Hart claim to have the solution. With real demons in the equation, is a deal with the devil worth it?

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER VOL. 3 SC

* ****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR JUNE 2020*****

Retail Price: $14.99
    Writer: Jordie Bellaire
    Artist: David Lopez
    Cover Artist: Marc Aspinall

Synopsis:
    Drusilla has opened the Hellmouth! With no time to waste, Buffy must do what any good Slayer would do

—namely, run directly into the heart of the problem.

But where does that leave the rest of Sunnydale? As the town reels from the demonic effects of the Hellmouth opening, Xander, Willow, Robin, and Kendra, the newly arrived Slayer, must find a way to battle demons both inside and out, without Buffy to help them. Could this be the end of the Scooby Gang?

Collects Buffy the Vampire Slayer #9-12.

ANGEL VOL. 2 SC

* ****ADVANCE SOLICITED FOR JUNE 2020*****
    Retail Price: $16.99
    Writer: Bryan Edward Hill
    Artist: Gleb Melnikov
    Cover Artist: Dan Panosian

Synopsis:
    With Angel trapped in the Hellmouth, the city of Los Angeles only has one hope—and it’s SPIKE?

Witness the formation of TEAM SPIKE as Winifred Burkle, Charles Gunn, and Angel’s old “friend” battle the rising tide of evil in Los Angeles… if they can stop fighting each other long enough to fight the monsters

Collects Angel #5-8.

Last edited by BAF; 30-01-20, 03:03 PM.
  • Priceless
    Slayer
    • May 2017

I like David Lopez's Buffy cover. I'm also intrigued by the 'new character with a familiar face'.

Comment

• TriBel
      TriBel commented
      Editing a comment
      At least this time there's a reason for her mouth to be wide open and her eyes popping out!
  • flow
    Slayer
    • Dec 2017

He looks like Eldre Koh.

flow

Comment

• Priceless
      Slayer
      • May 2017

I thought it was meant to be Sahjhan, but it does look a little like Eldre Koh

Comment

• TriBel
        TriBel commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought Sahjan - the red markings are Sahjan's. There's a resemblance to Eldre Koh but I presumed he'd come out of the urn - did EK ever come out of an urn?
    • BAF
      Slayer
      • Jul 2007

Thanks to Stoney in the New Forum Glitches thread,I've been able to add the rest of the solicitations and covers.It seems that the accent over the 'o' in David Lopez's name was causing the problem on the fourm.I changed it to a normal 'o' and the rest of the solicitations and covers now post.Amazing that such a little thing like that was the cause of the problem I'll have to watch to see in the future about things like accents over a letter.Thank again to Stoney for figuring that out.
      Last edited by BAF; 30-01-20, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Stoney
        Stoney commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome.
    • Priceless
      Slayer
      • May 2017

Have the comics explained why Spike, a supposedly soulless vampire, is fighting on the side of good?

Comment

• Priceless
        Slayer
        • May 2017

Buffy by Nimit Malavia for an upcoming legacy edition cover.

Comment

• Stoney
          Stoney commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think it looks like Buffy but it is a nice cover.
      • Priceless
        Slayer
        • May 2017

I agree Stoney it doesn't look much like Buffy. Maybe more Dawn? And what's happening with her armpits?

Comment

• Double Dutchess
          Double Dutchess commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it's the eyes that make her look like Dawn, the nose is definitely Buffy's. I think it's the lace of her top under her armpits, but I agree it looks very weird. (Like it's being blown upwards?)
      • Priceless
        Slayer
        • May 2017

Giles and Jenny from an upcoming Buffy comic by Julian Lopez

Comment

• BAF
          BAF commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually like the uncolored version of the art more but the colored is fine to me as well.

• TriBel
          TriBel commented
          Editing a comment
          Like the artwork...zombie(ish) Jenny? Either that or she has COVID-19 and has just realised the Gov. won't pay her for lying in bed all day.

• Skippcomet
          Skippcomet commented
          Editing a comment
          Art has a very Jerry Ordway-ish feel to it...which I just realized may mean nothing to everybody here. But yes, It's very good.
      • Silver1
        Slayer
        • May 2015

Better.

Comment

• Priceless
          Slayer
          • May 2017

Not a surprise . . .

'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Favorite Willow Getting Own Comic

MARCH 16, 2020 10:00AM by Graeme McMillanShawnee Custalow/Jen Bartel/Boom! StudiosThe five-part 'Willow' will begin in June from Boom! Studios.

Boom! Studios' reboot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer has already departed from the original canon in a number of ways, but in the wake of event storyline "Hellmouth," there's going to be another big change as Willow leaves Sunnydale and heads out into the world - and her own comic book miniseries, starting this summer.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow will run five issues as Willow travels the world looking to find herself in the wake of recent events, even as she struggles to come to terms with the darkness that might be inside her, and becomes aware of another threat that might be more than even the Scooby Gang could handle - except, of course, this time, Willow is out there all alone.

The series will be written by Mariko Tamaki (Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me, DC's upcoming Wonder Woman), with art by Natacha Bustos (Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur). In a statement, Tamaki said, "As a nerdy queer, I cannot think of a better job than writing a Willow adventure," adding that she was "thrilled to be a part of the Buffy world." That's a sensibility shared by Bustos, who said, "One of the greatest things about making comics is being able to give life to the characters you love the most, and Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of them."

Boom! executive editor Jeanine Schaefer said in her own statement, "Since we first started building our corner of the Buffyverse, we've been excited to give Willow her own miniseries-partly because she's an absolute favorite of ours, but also because she is one of the most iconic queer characters in pop culture."

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, featuring covers from Jen Bartel and Mirka Andolfo, will debut in June.

Comment

• flow
            Slayer
            • Dec 2017

Hm.. Spike and Angel are in L.A. Willow travels around the world. Xander is dead. Who stays with Buffy? Cordy?

flow

Comment

• Priceless
              Slayer
              • May 2017

Originally posted by flow View Post
              Hm.. Spike and Angel are in L.A. Willow travels around the world. Xander is dead. Who stays with Buffy? Cordy?

flow
              I think they'll just write Buffy out and Kendra takes over.

Comment

• draug
                Hellmouth Tourist
                • Jan 2019

Did BOOM forget that Willow is a sixteen year old girl who's in high school? How exactly does one go about traveling the world in search of oneself at that age? Who's paying for this?
                "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it."

Comment

• a thing of evil
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2016

This is such a weird post. Sixteen year old people travel the world all the time - I don't see what the big deal is? There's some extra paperwork involved if they do it on their own, obviously, but it's nothing excessive. As to money - she's in a study abroad program so whoever's paying for that - parents, stipend-givers etc and it's not like they will send her without some extra money for living expenses. And anyway, travel isn't that expensive especially if you're sixteen - train/bus tickets and so on will be heavily discounted or outright free.

Comment

• Willow from Buffy
                    Scooby Gang
                    • Feb 2018

Buffy gets her own miniseries!

"Why can't Buffy be in the regular series?"

Willow gets a mini series!

"Why must Buffy be in the regular series?"

Originally posted by a thing of evil View Post
                    This is such a weird post. Sixteen year old people travel the world all the time - I don't see what the big deal is? There's some extra paperwork involved if they do it on their own, obviously, but it's nothing excessive. As to money - she's in a study abroad program so whoever's paying for that - parents, stipend-givers etc and it's not like they will send her without some extra money for living expenses. And anyway, travel isn't that expensive especially if you're sixteen - train/bus tickets and so on will be heavily discounted or outright free.
                    /this

I don't know of any extra paperwork. I assume that is for places where you need a visa. If Willow's exchange is in Europe, then she can travel to a ton of countries paperless. Or ... she could ... prior to recent events.

I mean .... haven't people heard of ... interrail? Backpacking?

Comment

• Priceless
                      Slayer
                      • May 2017

I guess it must be a UK thing, but 16 year olds are still considered children and it's frowned upon to let them just pack a bag, pick up their passport and travel the world, especially with not particular reason to do so. How is Willow explaining this to Sheila and Ira? She's not Great Thunberg

I know this comic is not going to be heavy on the realism. I guess she'll get accepted to an English school and then travel from England around the world. Her parent will think she's still at school and she'll put a whammy on her teachers to make them think she's in class.

Comment

• Willow from Buffy
                        Scooby Gang
                        • Feb 2018

It can't a UK thing. My exchange was in the UK and we travelled.

When I work at the airport, we get a lot of kids from Europe, who are coming up to go hiking. It can be a little annoying, because some don't bring enough money to pay for unforeseen expenses due to delays, etc.

Comment

• Priceless
                          Slayer
                          • May 2017

Originally posted by Willow from Buffy View Post
                          It can't a UK thing. My exchange was in the UK and we travelled.

When I work at the airport, we get a lot of kids from Europe, who are coming up to go hiking. It can be a little annoying, because some don't bring enough money to pay for unforeseen expenses due to delays, etc.
                          I expect Willow won't be honest about her travel arrangements and that's how she'll get away from school. Schools in the UK have a duty of care, if she were here to be educated and take up a scholarship the school would be considered a substitute parent for her and they would not allow her to travel across the world. I really don't see that being a legitimate thing that 16 year old school girls are allowed to do.

Of course she may no be at school in the UK, she could be anywhere .Mainland Europe being even easier for her to travel around. I just don't think it's wise or common for a 16 year old schoolgirl to be travelling around by herself.

Comment

• a thing of evil
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2016

I don't know of any extra paperwork.
                            I think that some countries require a declaration of consent from legal guardians (plus passport, ID etc) or something like that but that's about it.

If Willow's exchange is in Europe, then she can travel to a ton of countries paperless.
                            *FREUDE, SCH?NER G?TTERFUNKEN blaring in the distance* *twelve stars on azure cloth fluttering majestically* Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                            X