Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 177

Thread: Fanart FAQ: technical help

  1. #41
    the AFAs are here! Heather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    at the big event!
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    Heather, yo8u can try searching the Adobe site. I've done this a few times in the past when I had unusual errors. If memory serves, this was a problem I once had. I think the solution had something to do with the Plug-Ins folder. I had to remove all my downloaded filters and re-add them later.

    You can also reinstall if you have the disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leloo View Post
    This happened to me when I'd first installed CS4 on my laptop - around the time of our battle, do you remember?

    I had to install some kind of patch... and run it a few times, and then it stopped happening.
    Thank you so much Jenni Lou and Line! I'm going to look into both options tonght and see which I should pursue! Oddly enough, Photoshop didn't freeze up or close out yesterday when I made a wallpaper - I'm still surprised by that even now. But thank you both soooooooo much!
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

    YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

  2. #42
    Rosemary's baby Lady Manson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chasing Rammstein
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 461 Times in 144 Posts

    Default

    Okay, this may not be the right thread for this, but I wasn't too sure where it fit exactly.

    Does anyone know where I can find any transcripts for the second season of True Blood? I found some for the first season, but there's nowhere I have seen that has a list of them. I've been asking around, but so far have come up with nothing.


    ::Shadow of Reflection::
    NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

  3. #43
    Graveyard Patrol Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brigadoon
    Posts
    302
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 62 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Manson View Post
    Okay, this may not be the right thread for this, but I wasn't too sure where it fit exactly.

    Does anyone know where I can find any transcripts for the second season of True Blood? I found some for the first season, but there's nowhere I have seen that has a list of them. I've been asking around, but so far have come up with nothing.
    Hey Lady Manson!

    I think that the best solution for no transcripts is simply subtitles. I often use them in case there are no transcripts to be found. For further assitance, you can PM me
    Last edited by Josh; 21-03-10 at 09:14 PM.
    "Well you may never be or have a husband, you may never have or hold a child, you will learn to lose everything... We are temporary arrangements"


  4. #44
    Evacuee Zugma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Donetsk, Ukraine
    Posts
    730
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 608 Times in 141 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Manson View Post
    Okay, this may not be the right thread for this, but I wasn't too sure where it fit exactly.

    Does anyone know where I can find any transcripts for the second season of True Blood? I found some for the first season, but there's nowhere I have seen that has a list of them. I've been asking around, but so far have come up with nothing.
    I don't have any source for transcripts, but I think English subtitles can be a substitute? You can download them here. You'll need to unzip them, and then you can open them in any text editor (Notepad, Word, ...) and read as regular text files.
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

  5. #45
    Rosemary's baby Lady Manson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chasing Rammstein
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 461 Times in 144 Posts

    Default

    Thanks, you guys! I actually knew nothing about subtitles, so this is new to me AND very helpful.


    ::Shadow of Reflection::
    NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

  6. #46
    Evacuee Zugma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Donetsk, Ukraine
    Posts
    730
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 608 Times in 141 Posts

    Default

    You're welcome, dear
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

  7. #47
    Graveyard Patrol Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brigadoon
    Posts
    302
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 62 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Manson View Post
    Thanks, you guys! I actually knew nothing about subtitles, so this is new to me AND very helpful.
    Sure thing, sweetie! happy to help
    "Well you may never be or have a husband, you may never have or hold a child, you will learn to lose everything... We are temporary arrangements"


  8. #48
    Detective Veverka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Twelfth Precinct
    Posts
    788
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 99 Times in 40 Posts

    Default

    This is a bit of an opinion question, but I guess it kind of fits in here.
    How does everyone organise their fonts? Because I have so many, and I don't know which is which most of the time... any one do anything special so they know what they're looking for?

  9. #49
    fandom whore Jenni Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    AWESOMEville
    Posts
    5,811
    Thanks
    938
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

    Default

    I know what you mean, Jo. Two things. The first is that in my PS version, CS2, the drop down font menu has samples of what the font looks like so that helps when I am looking through them. The second is that sometimes I will go to dafont.com and just browse the categories looking for the kind of font I want to use. Chances are I already have it, but it's just a nice way of having a larger sample to look at when picking them out.

    I'd be interested in reading some alternative methods folks use though.

    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

  10. #50
    Evacuee Zugma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Donetsk, Ukraine
    Posts
    730
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 608 Times in 141 Posts

    Default

    Well, there are special programs, font managers that hellp organize / swiftly browse the fonts you have, such as FontExpert, FontNavigator etc. (I think if you google you'll find many more). I've heard they're very useful. Never used one, though

    EDIT: I knew I still had the link somewhere Here's an online font browser that allows you to preview all the fonts installed on the computer:
    http://www.stcassociates.com/lab/fontbrowser.html
    Last edited by Zugma; 28-03-10 at 11:40 AM.
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

  11. #51
    Scary Detective Dana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Detective Agency
    Posts
    313
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 179 Times in 39 Posts

    Default

    I'm hoping against hope that someone here uses illustrator and can perhaps help me out.

    I've created a vector in illustrator and I want to import it into photoshop. That in itself is no problem. However I want to be able to then play with filters on the vector like I would do on a normal picture, but I can't. I've tried every possible way I can come up with to move this vector over to photoshop (from saving different formats to copy/paste) for continued work and I'm at a loss.

    Does ANYONE know how to get around this problem??
    PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED

    With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
    Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others

  12. #52
    aka nonbeliever93 Andrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 26 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I'm hoping against hope that someone here uses illustrator and can perhaps help me out.

    I've created a vector in illustrator and I want to import it into photoshop. That in itself is no problem. However I want to be able to then play with filters on the vector like I would do on a normal picture, but I can't. I've tried every possible way I can come up with to move this vector over to photoshop (from saving different formats to copy/paste) for continued work and I'm at a loss.

    Does ANYONE know how to get around this problem??
    I haven't used Illustrator before so I'm basing this off my experience with paths in PS. I'm about 80% sure that you can't use filters on vectors without rasterising them (converting them to pixels and therefore sacrificing the lossless resizeability). Probably because vectors are mathematically calculated paths and normal images are constructed pixel by pixel so most filters if not all won't work on vectors. Hope that helped.

    {tumblr}
    AKA nonbeliever93
    Avatar by me.

  13. #53
    Scary Detective Dana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Detective Agency
    Posts
    313
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 179 Times in 39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I haven't used Illustrator before so I'm basing this off my experience with paths in PS. I'm about 80% sure that you can't use filters on vectors without rasterising them (converting them to pixels and therefore sacrificing the lossless resizeability). Probably because vectors are mathematically calculated paths and normal images are constructed pixel by pixel so most filters if not all won't work on vectors. Hope that helped.
    I got that far after doing some research online so I'm with you on that But even after I've rasterized them, they're not available for editing within filters (except regular filters like blur etc), which is where I wanna go.

    I did manage to save it to PNG and when importing to photoshop it was available for everything but since the image will be for print, I'm not sure on the detail of quality loss between illustrator -> PNG -> Photoshop -> CMYK JPG with a 300DPI -> print
    PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED

    With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
    Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others

  14. #54
    Evacuee Zugma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Donetsk, Ukraine
    Posts
    730
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 608 Times in 141 Posts

    Default

    Dana, I'm guessing it might be the color mode of the image. Some of the PS filters work only on RGB.

    Also... I have very little experience with Illustrator so I'm not sure how the export to PS thing works there, but: I know that when you try to simply open an .ai file in Photoshop, it should offer you to rasterize the image before opening. A window should appear in which you can enter the dimentions/resolution you need and the color model too. Maybe you could try this way?
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

  15. #55
    Manip Whore wenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I have another text related question. Okay, so more of an extractor question. I just downloaded some new fonts and tried to extract the files but got en error message that the files were in an unknown format. Not true. The file was a zip and the font was an otf. I have a recent version of winzip and tried to do the fix archive thingie which usually solves the problem, but not this time. Anyone have an ideas?

  16. #56
    fandom whore Jenni Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    AWESOMEville
    Posts
    5,811
    Thanks
    938
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

    Default

    I got a similar sort of error when I switched to Windows 7. I have no idea why, but some of the fonts I installed don't work anymore. They did on XP but not on 7. Very annoying. *sigh*

    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

  17. #57
    Rosemary's baby Lady Manson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chasing Rammstein
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked 461 Times in 144 Posts

    Default

    I have a question that probably fits better here than anywhere else on the board. I'm wondering if there is a place on here to ask for kind of an art beta? It's not much, I just have this piece that has a TON of negative space, which I am really not used to and I need some advice on where to place text. I really love imagery of the piece and want to put text on it, but I am having the WORST time moving it around all over the place and trying to figure out what looks good. I just need another pair of eyes.


    ::Shadow of Reflection::
    NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

  18. #58
    Manip Whore wenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    771
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Manson View Post
    I have a question that probably fits better here than anywhere else on the board. I'm wondering if there is a place on here to ask for kind of an art beta? It's not much, I just have this piece that has a TON of negative space, which I am really not used to and I need some advice on where to place text. I really love imagery of the piece and want to put text on it, but I am having the WORST time moving it around all over the place and trying to figure out what looks good. I just need another pair of eyes.
    Didn't we use to have a thread sort of like that a while back? I guess it has since been moved to Dead Threads. Maybe you could reviatilze the 'Fanartists of BF' social group thing and start posting stuff like that there? Try to make it more of a Beta-chat for artists. It may get it going again at the very least.

  19. #59
    fandom whore Jenni Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    AWESOMEville
    Posts
    5,811
    Thanks
    938
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wenj View Post
    Didn't we use to have a thread sort of like that a while back? I guess it has since been moved to Dead Threads. Maybe you could reviatilze the 'Fanartists of BF' social group thing and start posting stuff like that there? Try to make it more of a Beta-chat for artists. It may get it going again at the very least.
    You mean The Serious Critique Thread? I think that's a bit different. I like the idea of the social group though. That might be a god way to reach out to a few folks!

    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

  20. #60
    trace your hand BlasterBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the road into water
    Posts
    1,717
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Okay, I'm gonna sound really stupid for this but whatever.

    Using Photoshop CS4 Extended, and you know the "workplace" or place to the right where you have all your layers, gradients, etc.? Well, by accident, I extended it farther into the place where you see your wall. And now I can't drag it back. The arrows show up when I hit the edge of it and that's what you extend it with. I can still extend it but cannot make it smaller after a certain point (but that certain point is like halfway through the window). I've tried closing and opening PS to make it work but it just comes back with the show "workplace" size and I don't know how to fix it. HELP.

    And if that made zero sense, tell me and I'll give a screencapture

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •