Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanart FAQ: technical help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    Heather, yo8u can try searching the Adobe site. I've done this a few times in the past when I had unusual errors. If memory serves, this was a problem I once had. I think the solution had something to do with the Plug-Ins folder. I had to remove all my downloaded filters and re-add them later.

You can also reinstall if you have the disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leloo View Post
    This happened to me when I'd first installed CS4 on my laptop - around the time of our battle, do you remember?

I had to install some kind of patch... and run it a few times, and then it stopped happening.
    Thank you so much Jenni Lou and Line! I'm going to look into both options tonght and see which I should pursue! Oddly enough, Photoshop didn't freeze up or close out yesterday when I made a wallpaper - I'm still surprised by that even now. But thank you both soooooooo much!
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Thanks

Okay, this may not be the right thread for this, but I wasn't too sure where it fit exactly.

Does anyone know where I can find any transcripts for the second season of True Blood? I found some for the first season, but there's nowhere I have seen that has a list of them. I've been asking around, but so far have come up with nothing.

::Shadow of Reflection::
    NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Manson View Post
    Okay, this may not be the right thread for this, but I wasn't too sure where it fit exactly.

Does anyone know where I can find any transcripts for the second season of True Blood? I found some for the first season, but there's nowhere I have seen that has a list of them. I've been asking around, but so far have come up with nothing.
    Hey Lady Manson!

I think that the best solution for no transcripts is simply subtitles. I often use them in case there are no transcripts to be found. For further assitance, you can PM me
    Last edited by Josh; 21-03-10 at 09:14 PM.
    "Well you may never be or have a husband, you may never have or hold a child, you will learn to lose everything... We are temporary arrangements"

Thanks

I don't have any source for transcripts, but I think English subtitles can be a substitute? You can download them here. You'll need to unzip them, and then you can open them in any text editor (Notepad, Word, ...) and read as regular text files.
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Thanks

Thanks, you guys! I actually knew nothing about subtitles, so this is new to me AND very helpful.

Thanks

You're welcome, dear
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Thanks

Thanks, you guys! I actually knew nothing about subtitles, so this is new to me AND very helpful.
    Sure thing, sweetie! happy to help
    "Well you may never be or have a husband, you may never have or hold a child, you will learn to lose everything... We are temporary arrangements"

Thanks

This is a bit of an opinion question, but I guess it kind of fits in here.
    How does everyone organise their fonts? Because I have so many, and I don't know which is which most of the time... any one do anything special so they know what they're looking for?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

I know what you mean, Jo. Two things. The first is that in my PS version, CS2, the drop down font menu has samples of what the font looks like so that helps when I am looking through them. The second is that sometimes I will go to dafont.com and just browse the categories looking for the kind of font I want to use. Chances are I already have it, but it's just a nice way of having a larger sample to look at when picking them out.

I'd be interested in reading some alternative methods folks use though.

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Thanks

Well, there are special programs, font managers that hellp organize / swiftly browse the fonts you have, such as FontExpert, FontNavigator etc. (I think if you google you'll find many more). I've heard they're very useful. Never used one, though

EDIT: I knew I still had the link somewhere Here's an online font browser that allows you to preview all the fonts installed on the computer:
    http://www.stcassociates.com/lab/fontbrowser.html
    Last edited by Zugma; 28-03-10 at 11:40 AM.
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Thanks

I'm hoping against hope that someone here uses illustrator and can perhaps help me out.

I've created a vector in illustrator and I want to import it into photoshop. That in itself is no problem. However I want to be able to then play with filters on the vector like I would do on a normal picture, but I can't. I've tried every possible way I can come up with to move this vector over to photoshop (from saving different formats to copy/paste) for continued work and I'm at a loss.

Does ANYONE know how to get around this problem??
    PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED

With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
    Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I'm hoping against hope that someone here uses illustrator and can perhaps help me out.

I've created a vector in illustrator and I want to import it into photoshop. That in itself is no problem. However I want to be able to then play with filters on the vector like I would do on a normal picture, but I can't. I've tried every possible way I can come up with to move this vector over to photoshop (from saving different formats to copy/paste) for continued work and I'm at a loss.

Does ANYONE know how to get around this problem??
    I haven't used Illustrator before so I'm basing this off my experience with paths in PS. I'm about 80% sure that you can't use filters on vectors without rasterising them (converting them to pixels and therefore sacrificing the lossless resizeability). Probably because vectors are mathematically calculated paths and normal images are constructed pixel by pixel so most filters if not all won't work on vectors. Hope that helped.

{tumblr}
    AKA nonbeliever93

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I haven't used Illustrator before so I'm basing this off my experience with paths in PS. I'm about 80% sure that you can't use filters on vectors without rasterising them (converting them to pixels and therefore sacrificing the lossless resizeability). Probably because vectors are mathematically calculated paths and normal images are constructed pixel by pixel so most filters if not all won't work on vectors. Hope that helped.
    I got that far after doing some research online so I'm with you on that But even after I've rasterized them, they're not available for editing within filters (except regular filters like blur etc), which is where I wanna go.

I did manage to save it to PNG and when importing to photoshop it was available for everything but since the image will be for print, I'm not sure on the detail of quality loss between illustrator -> PNG -> Photoshop -> CMYK JPG with a 300DPI -> print
    PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED

With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
    Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others

Thanks

Dana, I'm guessing it might be the color mode of the image. Some of the PS filters work only on RGB.

Also... I have very little experience with Illustrator so I'm not sure how the export to PS thing works there, but: I know that when you try to simply open an .ai file in Photoshop, it should offer you to rasterize the image before opening. A window should appear in which you can enter the dimentions/resolution you need and the color model too. Maybe you could try this way?
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Thanks

I have another text related question. Okay, so more of an extractor question. I just downloaded some new fonts and tried to extract the files but got en error message that the files were in an unknown format. Not true. The file was a zip and the font was an otf. I have a recent version of winzip and tried to do the fix archive thingie which usually solves the problem, but not this time. Anyone have an ideas?

Thanks

I got a similar sort of error when I switched to Windows 7. I have no idea why, but some of the fonts I installed don't work anymore. They did on XP but not on 7. Very annoying. *sigh*

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Thanks

I have a question that probably fits better here than anywhere else on the board. I'm wondering if there is a place on here to ask for kind of an art beta? It's not much, I just have this piece that has a TON of negative space, which I am really not used to and I need some advice on where to place text. I really love imagery of the piece and want to put text on it, but I am having the WORST time moving it around all over the place and trying to figure out what looks good. I just need another pair of eyes.

Thanks

I have a question that probably fits better here than anywhere else on the board. I'm wondering if there is a place on here to ask for kind of an art beta? It's not much, I just have this piece that has a TON of negative space, which I am really not used to and I need some advice on where to place text. I really love imagery of the piece and want to put text on it, but I am having the WORST time moving it around all over the place and trying to figure out what looks good. I just need another pair of eyes.
    Didn't we use to have a thread sort of like that a while back? I guess it has since been moved to Dead Threads. Maybe you could reviatilze the 'Fanartists of BF' social group thing and start posting stuff like that there? Try to make it more of a Beta-chat for artists. It may get it going again at the very least.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wenj View Post
    Didn't we use to have a thread sort of like that a while back? I guess it has since been moved to Dead Threads. Maybe you could reviatilze the 'Fanartists of BF' social group thing and start posting stuff like that there? Try to make it more of a Beta-chat for artists. It may get it going again at the very least.
    You mean The Serious Critique Thread? I think that's a bit different. I like the idea of the social group though. That might be a god way to reach out to a few folks!

Thanks

Okay, I'm gonna sound really stupid for this but whatever.

Using Photoshop CS4 Extended, and you know the "workplace" or place to the right where you have all your layers, gradients, etc.? Well, by accident, I extended it farther into the place where you see your wall. And now I can't drag it back. The arrows show up when I hit the edge of it and that's what you extend it with. I can still extend it but cannot make it smaller after a certain point (but that certain point is like halfway through the window). I've tried closing and opening PS to make it work but it just comes back with the show "workplace" size and I don't know how to fix it. HELP.

And if that made zero sense, tell me and I'll give a screencapture