Thread: Haven Episode 2.1 19. A Better Place

Thanks

Default Haven Episode 2.1 19. A Better Place

This is the first episode of "Haven" Season 2, an original series written by me. I hope you enjoy reading it! If you have any feedback, positive or critical, please post it here, thank you

Haven Episode 2.1 19. A Better Place

Written and Produced by Alex Hart
    Edited by Lex

Special thanks to Heather

Disclaimer: The series “Haven”, its characters, locations and ideas are all creations belonging to Alex Hart. The work is fictional and meant for entertainment purposes only. No unauthorised usage of anything in “Haven” is permitted without prior permission, thank you.

TEASER

OPEN ON:

INT. STREETS OF BELVIEW, NIGHT

“Electric Bird” by Sia starts to play. The camera moves up from the street where people are laughing together, ready for a night out on the town.

The camera moves up further and stops on an apartment window.

CUT TO:

INT. BATHROOM

A man of about 30 stares at himself in the mirror.

‘Someone plugged you in
    And sadly they clipped your wings’

CUT TO:

INT. BEDROOM

The camera moves along the side of a bed to show a woman’s bare legs, her ankles tied to end of the bed. She strokes her foot along the covers of the bed.

‘Now you can’t fly away electric bird’

CUT TO:

INT. BATHROOM

‘Yeah someone took your tweet’

The man is blurred in the background as he does something.

‘One day they fed you that bad seed’

CUT TO:

INT. BEDROOM

The floor of the room is covered in the woman’s clothes.

‘You can’t fly away electric bird’

In the background the man from before enters, a blank expression on his face as he approaches.
    The woman’s eyes widen; she is in her mid 30s and is gagged, her wrists tied like her ankles. She struggles fiercely.

‘Well you’re art, you fell into this part’

The man kneels beside her. He raises his gloved hand, a syringe between his fingers. The woman shakes her head pleadingly, trying to cry out through her gag, but the man takes no notice as he lowers the syringe to her neck.

‘You play the victim perfectly holding your beating heart
    You used to be so smart
    ‘You fluttered round the yard making your magic’

The camera moves down the bed again as the woman continues to struggle.

‘Got to set you free, you were blinded by deceit
    You can’t fly away electric bird’

The song fades out.

FADE TO: WHITE

OPENING CREDITS

FADE TO:

EXT. CROWDED STREET, BELVIEW

“Black Black Heart” by David Usher plays. “Haven” in black, torn letters fades in and out. People walk past in slow motion.

FADE TO:

EXT. HOTEL ABOVE NEW HAVEN

The sun shines down upon the hotel as smartly dressed people walk in and out.

FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

The beat of the song kicks in. The screen has a blue tint. Blurred figures are seen in the background, walking to and fro.

MELISSA GEORGE

JUSTIN THEROUX

QUICK FADE TO: BLACK

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. STAIRWELL

Blurred figures walk up and down the stairwell.

LEISHA HAILEY

FAMKE JANSSEN

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN, KITCHEN

Blurred figures work in the kitchen.

CHARLIE HUNNAM

SANDRA OH

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN, DINING AREA

Blurred figures sit and walk around.

JOSH DUHAMEL

KELLY CARLSON

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN, CORRIDOR

Blurred figures move in and out of rooms and walk down the corridor.

AMANDA SEYFRIED

PERCY DAGGS

QUICK FADE TO:

EXT. BELVIEW CITYSCAPE – DUSK

The sun sets on the horizon

RYAN CARNES

STEPHANIE ROMANOV

CUT TO: BLACK

Guest Starring:

JACKSON BRUNDAGE - Riley McArthur
    NICOLE COX - Teya McArthur
    NELSAN ELLIS - Criminal
    SAM JONES - Lucas Pedance
    MARLENE LAWSTON – Amy McArthur
    Last edited by Alex; 18-08-09 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks

ACT I

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM, NEW HAVEN

The door opens and Jackie walks in quickly, looking uncomfortable. The room is much more eloquently decorated than those in the original Haven. She locks the door behind her and walks over to the bed. She slowly sits down.

QUICK FADE TO: WHITE

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. CORRIDOR, AMETHYST

The group stand around. There is rumbling in the background. Alandra is staring at Jackie angrily. The atmosphere is tense.

Jackie: Please.

Jackie looks like she is thinking quickly.

Jackie: I can help you get out of here. I mean I can do my best-

Alandra raises an eyebrow.

Alandra: It took you this long to think of a reason for you to live? Shut up-

Tegan: We have no time!

She turns to Jackie quickly.

Tegan: How good is your best-

There is a large crash from the end of the corridor. Tegan and Jackie in surprise.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN, LOBBY

A woman’s hands type on a computer; scars can be seen. She pulls her sleeve closer to her wrist to hide the scars. The camera moves up; it is Tegan. She has a burn on her right cheek. She smiles slightly. She is speaking to the same man from the teaser who looks uneasy, glancing at her scars.

Tegan: All right, here’s your room key, Sam’ll show you to your room.

She indicates Sam who is nearby. Sam a fresh scar near his eyebrow and other scratches can be seen on his arms. He nods at the man and starts to walk. The man smiles weakly at Tegan and then follows Sam. Tegan’s smile disappears as they walk away. She sighs and puts her hand to her temple. She flinches slightly as she brushes her cheek. She looks stressed and stands.

As she does so Gael appears at the top of the spiral staircases.

Gael: Tegan!

Tegan looks up.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. CORRIDOR, AMETHYST

Gael hurries towards the camera as it speeds away from him, Amy in his arms. He turns behind him, fear in his eyes as the corridor crumbles around him.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. JULIET’S ROOM, NEW HAVEN

Gael walks in followed by Tegan. Gael has cuts and bruises, but not as extensive as Tegan’s. Liliana and Devyn stand near Juliet who is still sat up in bed. She turns as she sees Tegan. Tegan smiles looking relieved and walks up to Juliet, throwing her arms around her.

Tegan: Hey!

Juliet is taken back a little but smiles weakly.

Juliet: Hey, T.

She winces.

Juliet: Ah-ah maybe a little less tight?

They part and Tegan smiles apologetically.

Tegan: Sorry, sorry.

Gael watches smiling, but this is an element of doubt in his smile. Juliet looks concerned as she looks at Tegan.

Juliet: Your face...are you-

Tegan: Oh, oh don’t worry about that, it’ll heal. I mean you have bullet and knife wounds so I think you win the injury steaks.

Juliet smiles a little wider.

Tegan: So are you-are you ok? What happened!?

She looks anxious to know. Juliet shrugs, shaking her head.

Juliet: Wish I could tell you but...the last thing I remember is being, uh shot...

Liliana watches Juliet.

Liliana: Being shot by one of Amethyst’s guards.

Juliet glances at her and nods seriously.

Juliet: Yeah. Which was apparently two months ago. Everything since then...

She sighs and shrugs slightly. Devyn looks serious. Tegan frowns.

Tegan: Wow. That must suck.

Juliet narrows her brow.

Juliet: Mm, almost as much as if I were to find out that Jackie Stevens is working here.

She gives Tegan and then the others a pointed look. Tegan looks awkward and glances at Devyn and Liliana.

Tegan: Oh...so you know about that part already huh?

Juliet nods once. Gael looks awkward. Juliet looks around at everyone.

Juliet: Are you gonna tell me the rest? What the hell’s going on, how this happened?

Devyn: Jules, there’s so much you don’t know, don’t get angry-

Juliet: Oh, I am pretty restrained right now, believe me. The only thing that is stopping me from going overboard is the relief that you’re all ali...

Juliet’s annoyed expression changes to concern. She looks at Deyvn warily.

Juliet: Most. You said before most got out of Amethyst? Who...who didn’t. Tell me.

She looks worried. Devyn hesitates. Tegan stares at her, about to speak.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. CORRIDOR, AMETHYST

Greg and Aura lie shot. The group pull Fran and Mark away. Tegan watches in horror.

QUICK FADE TO:

Juliet looks sombre. Devyn looks serious.

Devyn: Marcia and Lucas...we don’t know about. We had no time to go back for them. And Erica...

Juliet: Was taken. I saw...

Juliet stares at the wall. Devyn looks serious.

Liliana: It was very unlikely that there would be no casualties. We were lucky there weren’t more.

Juliet looks at her.

Juliet: You arranged the rescue.

Liliana smiles awkwardly.

Liliana: I had a part in it, but...without Devyn, without Jackie and everyone it would never have been...been a success.

Juliet nods and looks around her.

Juliet: And all this? You did this for us?

Liliana smiles awkwardly once more trying to look modest.

Liliana: Again, I only played my part. The Board is responsible for the building’s creation and finding those in the hotel upstairs who are loyal to us. We are their shadow.

Juliet considers this.

Liliana: We knew that the old Haven would not last forever. This is...a far, far more sophisticated operation. When you’re ready, I can show you...everything.

Juliet nods slightly looking at the wall thoughtfully. She looks back at Liliana.

Juliet: Soon.

Liliana looks pleased. Juliet turns to Gael and then Tegan.

Juliet: Gael, T, can you guys do something for me please?

Gael and Tegan nod slowly.

Tegan: Sure.

Juliet: Tell...tell the others I’m ok. And I want to see them all but right now...right now I’m not ready. Please ask them to understand?

Gael and Tegan glance at one another. Tegan nods and smiles.

Tegan: O-of course.

She looks at Devyn and then stands. Gael smiles at Juliet and the two walk out. Devyn and Liliana look at Juliet curiously. Juliet stares at them.

Juliet: Now tell me why...why...how Jackie Stevens is here.

She looks utterly perplexed. Liliana looks serious.

CUT TO:

INT. BATHROOM

There is an extreme close up of Grace’s forehead in a cabinet mirror as she strips away a bandage revealing a nasty cut across her temple. She winces slightly as she examines it.

QUICK FADE TO:

EXT. AMETHYST HQ – DAY

Sirens blare as people rush to and fro over the smoking rubble. In the background smoke rises from the ruins of the building and many injured people can be seen being attended to by paramedics. Screaming and shouting can be heard off-screen as two paramedics hurry past with a stretcher; lying upon it is Dominic, bloody and unconscious. Grace runs with them, also injured, but stops as the paramedics approach an ambulance. She watches helplessly.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. BATHROOM

There is frantic knocking at the door. Gael enters without waiting for an answer. Behind him, Dominic can be seen, his arm heavily bandaged and his other arm resting on a walking stick. Grace frowns.

Grace: Hey! We have boundaries now, remember?

Gael: She’s awake.

Grace’s annoyance turns to pleasant surprise. She smiles from Gael to Dominic who smiles back.

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

Grace, Gael, Dominic, Alandra, Bethany, Mark and Sam are gathered around Tegan. Bethany, Mark and Alandra look to have similar injuries to the others, Alandra in particular looks as if her chin is healing from being torn. Mark has burns on his neck that look to continue under his shirt. Grace frowns at Tegan. Dominic looks surprised.

Dominic: Nothing?

Tegan shakes her head.

Tegan: Doesn’t look like it.

The others consider this.

Mark: How does someone forget two months?

He looks around at the others looking disturbed. Bethany looks serious.

Bethany: Or how do you make someone forget?

The others look at her.

Bethany: You think Amethyst don’t have the means?

She looks like she is going to say more but then stops herself. Sam glances at her. Grace looks at Tegan.

Grace: When did she say she’ll be out?

Tegan: She didn’t. And I don’t think it’ll be soon, she has to adjust to the whole amnesia thing as well as...other information.

Alandra raises an eyebrow.

Alandra: Like Jackie.

Tegan nods in confirmation. Grace backs down.

Dominic: She’s in there with Juliet?

Gael: No, went to her room. Can’t really blame her.

Grace glances at him, raising an eyebrow. Gael says nothing. There is a pause.

Grace: So that’s it? We just wait?

Tegan sighs.

Tegan: She needs time; like we all did.

Grace looks unappeased. Tegan shrugs.

Tegan: What do you want me to do?

Grace: Nothing. I...it’s fine. It’s fine, let’s all get back to work.

She turns and walks away towards the door to the kitchen. The others watch and begin to disperse smiling weakly at Tegan as they go. Tegan looks deflated. Gael smiles sympathetically before he too walks away. Tegan turns back to the reception.

CUT TO:

INT. JULIET’S ROOM

Juliet is sat up fully now and looks angry. Liliana and Devyn look awkward.

Juliet: I don’t care if she built this place, you have no way of knowing what she is thinking, what she is going to do-

Liliana: Something we had to consider with every single person hired or even accepted in the past.

Juliet: And look where that got us!

Liliana looks serious. Juliet closes her eyes exhaling, trying to be calmer.

Devyn: I know it seems like a risk-

Juliet: A risk? This is like...the biggest ever land war in Asia.

Devyn: Believe me when I say I felt exactly the same as you do now. I wanted her gone too, but Gael-

Juliet: Oh God, Gael would just have to help her wouldn’t-

Devyn: Gael and Tegan and Bethany and Liliana.

Juliet looks at him.

Devyn: All wanted to give her a chance. And because they did...we managed to get you back.

Juliet looks confused. Liliana looks down. Devyn stares at Juliet still.

Devyn: Jackie was the reason we were able to save you from Amethyst. Weren’t for her...you’d still be there.

Juliet looks like she doesn’t want to believe this, but the sincerity of Devyn’s face provides her with no alternative.

CUT TO:

INT. JACKIE’S SHOWER

Jackie holds her head under the shower, the water impacting her skin and causing her to breathe heavily.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. DARK ROOM

Jackie lowers a gun, looking deadly serious.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. JACKIE’S SHOWER

Jackie stares forward, as the water continues to flow. She looks troubled by what she remembers and closes her eyes.

Thanks

ACT II

CUT TO:

INT. DARKNESS

A light is switched on revealing the New Haven lobby. The caption says “55 days ago”. Liliana, Jackie, Gael, Tegan, Mark, Sam, Bethany and Devyn are stood near the doorway. Each of them have unhealed versions of the wounds shown in the present day, except for Devyn, Jackie and Liliana who have none.

Liliana: This will be, for all intents and purposes...the New Haven.

Liliana smiles in an accomplished manner as everyone else looks around and begin to wander forwards. Tegan sits down on one of the sofas looking in pain. Devyn looks concerned for her and they share a weak smile. Jackie stays where she is looking uncomfortable.

Jackie: How...how did you build this, without Amethyst, without the city knowing?

Liliana turns to look at her and looks hesitant.

Liliana: Amethyst and the city are two very different things. We have done our best to hide everything from Amethyst...but the city knows. It’s always known.

Jackie looks as if she doesn’t know what to make of this comment. Bethany looks around. She makes eye contact with Mark and then looks away a moment later not wanting to look upon him.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. HAVEN CORRIDOR #1

Bethany walks down the corridor looking serious. Sam approaches her. Bethany turns round as she hears him. She immediately looks awkward. There is a slight pause as they stare at one another.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. AMETHYST CORRIDOR

Sam and Bethany stand in the corridor. Both of them are shouting above the sounds of the collapsing building.

Bethany: Look around! You cannot go back!

Sam: Whatta you care? That bullet of yours almost killed her the first time, don’t try and help me-

The ceiling above him suddenly crumbles. Bethany acts quickly and pushes Sam out of the way as several slabs of stone plummet down where he was standing seconds before.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. HAVEN CORRIDOR #1

Sam faces Bethany, both of them serious.

Sam: You think this is the same don’t you?

Bethany exhales.

Bethany: I don’t kn-

She stops herself as the man from the teaser walks out of his room. He does not notice the pair, but they watch him as he walks away. Sam turns back to face Bethany, waiting for an answer. Bethany hesitates and then grabs his arm, opening the door.

Bethany: In here.

They hurry in and she closes the door behind them.

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN KITCHEN

The new kitchen is much bigger than the old one, but is also more empty. Dominic is stood by the only visible oven. In the middle of a kitchen table where Gael is leaning, watching Grace who is washing up nearby with her back to them. Several dumbwaiters can be seen scattered around the room.

Dominic: I just think it’s a little weird that lose her for months and then she’s just there ready to be rescued? Don’t you think it’s a bit convenient?

Grace says nothing. Dominic looks at her for support. Gael is frowning.

Gael: Can we not be lucky?

Dominic: You think that’s more likely?

Gael: I think we shouldn’t start accusing Juliet of being brainwashed or whatever until we have a bit more info.

Dominic: By which time some of us could be strolling down the green mile!

Grace: Do you know what would be great?

Gael and Dominic look at her. Grace turns to them.

Grace: Just today? We could stop obsessing over what might be and start concentrating on what is. Juliet is alive and...almost undamaged and now we might be able to get back to something vaguely resembling normal. Is it so hard for you to just stop?

Grace looks resolute. Gael and Dominic say nothing for a moment. Dominic looks at Gael.

Dominic: You better hope I’m wrong.

Gael says nothing and walks out. Grace watches him and sighs. Dominic looks awkward and winces as he slowly sits down. Grace turns to him.

QUICK FADE TO:

EXT. ROOM IN NEW AMETHYST

Grace faces Dominic looking serious. Both of their injuries are more recent.

Grace: Why are you telling me this?

Dominic hesitates.

Dominic: How can I not? I...I wasn’t me, I had no idea what I was doing and she was there...

Grace glances at the ground and then back at him.

Grace: And I wasn’t.

Dominic looks like he doesn’t know what to say.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN KITCHEN

Grace looks at Dominic. He looks as though he is about to speak and then stops. Grace pauses and then smiles genuinely, shaking her head.

Grace: You’re not the bad guy here. No one is.

Dominic nods as Grace walks up to him.

Dominic: I just don’t get how he can defend Jackie and now...now not see this as-

Grace: He sees. He does.

Dominic looks at her. She hesitates.

Grace: He’s just not ready to talk about it today. And neither am I.

Dominic frowns. Grace smiles again, her eyes tired, and kisses Dominic on the forehead quickly before walking back to the sink. Dominic looks serious.

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN DINING AREA

Gael walks up to a table where Riley, Amy and Teya are sat. Teya is colouring in a picture while Riley and Amy play on Nintendo DS’. Gael smiles at the group. Amy looks up at him and smiles slightly before turning away.

Gael: Who’s winning?

Amy: I am.

Riley: No you’re not!

Amy: Riley you’re in twelfth place, I’m in third.

Riley: Cause you keep cheating! You used that blue shell on me.

Amy: That’s part of the game!

Riley: Then it’s a dumb game!

The two scowl at one another. Gael smiles awkwardly.

Gael: Maybe I’ll have a look for some less competitive games for you two.

Amy: We don’t want Nintendogs.

Gael: Did I say that?

Amy shrugs. Gael looks at Teya.

Gael: How’s your colouring, Teya?

Teya shrugs.

Teya: I runned outta blue.

Amy: Runned isn’t a word Teya, I told you.

Teya: I like it.

Gael looks like he doesn’t really know what to say to Teya.

Gael: I reckon I can find another blue for you.

Teya nods without looking up, concentrating on her picture. Gael glances over at Mark who is cleaning a table nearby. Mark smiles slightly.

Mark: Don’t worry if you need to go somewhere, I’m keepin’ an eye on them.

Gael hesitates and nods in thanks. He turns to leave in the direction of the lobby. As he does so Mark sees Sam and Bethany in the lobby. They appear to be talking. Mark looks serious.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

Mark and Sam are involved in an argument. Tegan watches worriedly.

Tegan: Guys-

Sam: How the hell you suddenly the good guy?

Mark narrows his brow.

Mark: I’m the one who wasn’t drugging her, remember!?

Sam: You know I was trying to help her!

Mark: No I don’t know that, I know you were tryin’ to help you cause you wanted her!

Sam punches Mark. Mark falls back in shock. Tegan looks surprised.

Tegan: Hey!

She runs over.

QUICK FADE TO:

Mark stares from the dining area as Bethany walks away from Sam. Sam looks over at Mark but Mark quickly turns away and starts washing another table furiously.

The camera zooms away from him, past Sam and Tegan in the lobby, past Bethany in a corridor and then further down and under a closed door. Jackie is stood in her room, fixing her hair in place. She sighs as she stares in the mirror. She fixes a bracelet on her wrist.

QUICK FADE TO:

EXT. BELVIEW, PARK - DAY

A manhole cover opens. Jackie’s hand protrudes, wearing the same bracelet. After she emerges from the manhole, Liliana and Devyn follow, as Jackie waits. Liliana and Devyn look around, surprised at their location. Jackie turns to the city behind them and frowns.

Jackie: We’re only about half a mile away from Amethyst. We can’t stay here long.

Liliana and Devyn turn to where she looking. Black smoke is emerging from the buildings in the distance.

QUICK FADE TO:

Devyn and Liliana are sat by Juliet. Liliana sighs.

Liliana: I realise that if things were different there is every possibility that she would still be our enemy. She knows she can’t afford to be; she is as wanted as any of you now.

Juliet stares at her seriously.

Juliet: Why would she help rescue me? She doesn’t know me, the only reason she’s here is to hide...

Devyn looks awkward.

Devyn: Because I forced her.

[i]Juliet looks at him. He exhales.[i]

Devyn: We...I was getting desperate. She was our last chance to find you and I...convinced her to help.

He stares directly at Juliet who considers this.

Liliana: And she did. Again.

She leans in.

Liliana: Juliet there are so many more pressing difficulties we may have to face. We have all asked the questions that you are now asking, no one is trying to say they aren’t valid, you need to start accepting this. Don’t concentrate on what she was; look at what she has become.

Juliet looks frustrated.

Juliet: And when Jackie’s no longer forced to do this; to be this, what happens then? Who does she become then?

She looks from Liliana to Devyn for an answer. Liliana sighs.

Liliana: You’ll have to ask her yourself.

Juliet shakes her head.

Juliet: I don’t wanna see her.

Liliana: That’s going to be difficult for you.

She hesitates looking angry..

Liliana: I have some business to attend to upstairs. I will not be gone long.

She nods at both Devyn and Juliet and then walks out. Devyn and Juliet stare at one another in silence. Devyn walks over to the bed and sits on it. He stares at the ground.

Devyn: Do you have any idea what it’s been like for us?

Juliet shrugs and laughs bitterly.

Juliet: I don’t really have an idea of how it’s been for anyone.

Devyn looks at her seriously.

Devyn: People are dead. The rest of us barely survived. Every day since we got out of Amethyst I woke wondering if that day was the one I’d find out you were dead too. If it wasn’t for Liliana I’d probably have stopped hoping that maybe you were alive and that one day I might be sitting on the end of a bed staring back at you again.

Juliet says nothing. Devyn looks pained.

Devyn: The others have been trying their best to make this work; I haven’t, because I kept telling myself there was no use without you.

Juliet listens. Devyn exhales.

Devyn: I know that you have so much to deal with and Jackie is one more thing that makes it harder for you to adjust to this but we have to make a start. This place...and everyone in it, is Haven, and I believe that we can make it as it was. I’m asking you Juliet please; make it easier.

Juliet pauses, looking Devyn in the eye.

Juliet: Do you think she’s a threat? Amethyst have played this game, it almost worked before and if I try here...I need to know that you don’t doubt her.

Devyn pauses.

Devyn: I think...she was a threat but now she has no power, we can stop her from being given any. I know there’s gonna be something in the back of my mind telling me to watch her, just in case. Maybe that’ll go away, but I can live with it.

Juliet considers this, looking down. She nods.

Juliet: Then I guess I’ll have to.

They make eye contact. Devyn sees Juliet’s hand near his own. He inches his hand forward but Juliet lifts her hands and wipes them over her face, not noticing his own hand. Devyn immediately looks disappointed but tries to hide it as Juliet exhales. She looks at him.

Juliet: Are there any clothes I could steal? I may or may not have been wearing this for the last two months but either way a change would be good.

Devyn nods slowly and smiles. Juliet looks away, distracted. Devyn gets up and walks to the door. His smile fades.

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN CORRIDOR

“Love Will Tear Us Apart” by Susanna and the Magic Orchestra starts to play. Juliet walks down in slow motion looking at her surroundings for the first time, clutching at her chest and limping slightly.

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

Juliet walks down the steps still in slow motion. Grace, Gael, Bethany, Sam, Mark, Tegan, Alandra, Devyn and Dominic are waiting for her at the bottom. Each of those that have not seen Juliet yet look extremely glad. Tegan, Gael and Devyn look glad. Juliet smiles at the group, relieved despite her previous doubts.

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

The lyrics of the song begin. Juliet hugs Grace who hugs her back warmly. The camera moves around them slowly. They part and Juliet looks concerned as she begins to speak to Dominic and seeing his condition.

‘When the routine bites hard
    And ambitions are low’

FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

Juliet is hugging Bethany now. She parts with her and turns to Sam and smiles. Mark watches them.

‘And resentment rides high
    But emotions won't grow’

FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

Juliet shakes hands with Alandra who smiles and nods slightly. Juliet turns to Mark, her smile fading slightly. She tries to look sympathetic as she begins to speak.

‘And we are changing our ways
    Taking different roads’

Devyn watches her as she speaks. Tegan smiles at him and he smiles back but as she turns away his smile weakens.

‘Then love, love will tear us apart again’

Tegan and Gael watch also. Gael catches Grace’s eye. She turns back to watch Juliet trying to remain in the moment.

‘Love, love will tear us apart again’

FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN STAFF CORRIDOR

As the instrumental continues, Juliet is stood in front of a door. The door opens.

CUT TO:

There is a close up of Jackie as she opens the door. She looks a little stunned to see Juliet before her. Juliet purses her lips but then speaks.

Juliet: Hello.

Jackie does not know what to say.

Thanks

ACT III

CUT TO:

The scene picks off from the end of Act 2. Jackie and Juliet face one another. Juliet looks like she is waiting for a response. Jackie’s expression changes as if she has just remembered she needs to give one.

Jackie: He-hello.

Juliet hesitates.

Juliet: May I come in?

Jackie nods slowly and Juliet walks past her. Jackie looks anxious as she prepares for the conversation she is about to have. She shuts the door.

CUT TO:

INT. JACKIE’S ROOM

Juliet stares at Jackie.

Juliet: I’ve been told that you’re the reason I’m here and not still in some cell.

Jackie glances at the ground and then back at Juliet.

Jackie: I...wouldn’t say I’m the reason-

Juliet: Thanks. That’s all.

The two women stare straight at one another.

Juliet: This is a ridiculously awkward situation and I want to make it simple. There’s no need for us to know each other, see each other, really interact on any level other than when we have to. Like right now. I...think you’ll agree.

Jackie pauses and then nods.

Jackie: Yes that’s...that’s fine.

Juliet nods. There is a pause. Jackie raises her eyebrow slightly.

Jackie: So that’s all I take it?

Juliet: Yeah.

Jackie nods and begins to turn. Juliet looks frustrated with herself.

Juliet: No.

Jackie looks back. Juliet sighs. Jackie looks weary.

Jackie: All right, well I’ve only had to explain myself ten times since I arrived here; I’ve gotten pretty good at it, so go right ahead with whatever you have to say to me.

She holds out her arms openly. Juliet frowns.

Juliet: You’re never gonna not be an Amethyst employee.

Jackie: In the same way you’ll never not be an assassin?

Juliet pauses.

Juliet: If you could go back to them I think you would.

Jackie looks surprised and narrows her brow.

Jackie: Of course I would.

Juliet looks confused.

Juliet: This is your defence?

Jackie smiles slightly in surprise.

Jackie: You think I want to be here? You think I want to be hiding underground with a group of criminals who hate me, the same group of criminals who I have been trying to locate and arrest for the past year? I had a career.

Juliet smiles bitterly.

Juliet: I can only imagine how awful it must be for you.

Jackie stares straight at her.

Jackie: I...

She stops and then shakes her head.

Jackie: You know you’re right, let’s not do this.

She turns as she says this and opens the door quickly. She looks at Juliet.

Juliet: I have beds to make upstairs, and I’m sure you have better things to be doing so...goodbye.

She looks impatient. Juliet hesitates and then walks through the door.

CUT TO:

Juliet walks out looking serious. As she walks away the door shuts behind her with a bang. Juliet flinches slightly.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. AMETHYST HQ

Royce’s bullets hit Juliet in succession. She gasps from the impact.

QUICK FADE TO:

Juliet composes herself and carries down the corridor.

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

Juliet walks in. Devyn, Alandra, Tegan and Gael are around the reception. They all turn as Juliet enters. Juliet smiles awkwardly.

Devyn: How did it go?

Juliet cocks her head slightly.

Juliet: Fine.

Tegan raises an eyebrow.

Tegan: Did you kill her?

Juliet exhales.

Juliet: We’re not exactly bonding. But that’s probably just as well considering she thinks I’m the bane of society and I think she’s dangerously hypocritical.

Alandra looks pleased.

Alandra: Someone sane has entered the building, thank God.

Devyn gives her a look. Alandra tries to look innocent.

Gael: Jules-

Juliet: Whatever you’re about to say Gael, I’ve already been through it. I’m aware on some level that this is...difficult for her but I’m choosing to be civil and so is she that’s where I’m at right now.

Gael hesitates and nods, accepting. Devyn stares at Juliet smiling very slightly. Juliet wanders forwards.

Juliet: She...is changing sheets.

Tegan nods.

Tegan: That’s what she does now.

Alandra: Not particularly well...

Devyn can’t help but smile slightly. Gael gives Alandra a look. She sighs.

Alandra: Ok, there are only so many times I can stand being looked at like I’m the unruly child, so I’ll see you all later.

She heads off in the direction of the kitchen. The others watch. Juliet watches them.

Juliet: She...seems nice.

Devyn nods.

Devyn: She is. Just...a little biased.

Juliet: Aren’t we all. So uh, do any of you wanna give me a tour of this place? I’d like to know all the places where things could go wrong.

Devyn smiles.

Devyn: Follow me.

Juliet smiles slightly at the others as she and Devyn begin to walk away. Tegan and Gael watch for a second as their smiles fade.

Tegan: Difficult day.

Gael: One of many.

Tegan glances at him.

Tegan: Though you should really stop looking like individual meteorites struck down on every Starbucks in the state.

Gael looks at her.

Gael: I’m not allowed to worry about all this?

Tegan: Everyone’s worrying. But you could try and do it in some way that’s anti-aging, all I’m saying.

Tegan shrugs. Gael looks serious. Tegan gives him a look.

Tegan: I joke.

Gael: Sorry T, not really up for laughing right now.

Tegan sighs and begins to slowly walk around to the other side of the desk.

Tegan: That’s our problem you know.

Gael looks at her.

Tegan: Everyone is depressed cause we thought Juliet coming back would solve everything and here we all are, still uncertain about the future, the past, everything. We thought she’d have answers but she has more questions than we do. It sucks, but the only way we are gonna start to fix that is trying to get back to where we were. We can...try and help the guests maybe, I remember how much you wanted that. It’s the best we can do.

Gael sighs and looks at Tegan.

Gael: Dominic and Alandra and everyone...they make a good case you know? Things would be a lot easier if I stopped trying to convince myself that defending Jackie is the right thing to do for us.

Tegan raises an eyebrow.

Tegan: Things would be a lot easier if we put a gun to Jackie’s head and pulled the trigger. If anyone here really wanted things to be that easy that would have done it already. You’ve spent the last two months doing this because you know it’s the right thing. Today...it’s the right thing.

Gael looks at her. He smiles in thanks for a moment and then looks thoughtful.

Gael: We’re gonna have to have a discussion.

Tegan: Yeah, we are. But right now Devyn is giving Jules a tour and I’m hungry. So be patient.

Gael smiles again. Tegan returns his smile and then goes back to typing.

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN KITCHEN

Alandra and Dominic are sat at the table. Grace is washing dishes.

Alandra: What I really like is how being tortured is somehow an issue that I have to get over.

Dominic frowns.

Dominic: I don’t think anyone thinks that-

Alandra: Right, and if it was Tegan or Bethany or one of you two she cut up for info., you don’t think things would be a little different?

She looks breathes deeply looking annoyed. There is a pause. Dominic glances at Grace as she turns to look at Alandra. Alandra looks awkward. She looks upwards and sighs.

Alandra: I know you and Gael are tight. I’m not talking about him specifically, you know?

Grace nods slowly.

Grace: And you know I agree about Jackie. But it’s been two months...we’re not gonna get anywhere, there’s no point being a vocal minority anymore.

Alandra pauses.

Alandra: You don’t think now Juliet’s-

Grace: No.

There is a pause. Grace tries to look sympathetic as she walks into the kitchen. Alandra and Dominic are left at the table. Alandra looks at him.

Alandra: Never thought I’d be the one fighting for respect. I’m the one on your side which no one seems to remember-

Dominic: I do. I know it must feel like people are ungrateful...but you’ve come in trying to fight against something that they don’t even want but which they think they have to fight for. They haven’t had to fight for you yet, but they will.

He smiles a little. A weak smile flickers on Alandra’s face.

Dominic: Grace is right you know. We can’t fight about Jackie anymore, there are gonna be bigger things.

Alandra: This is you reassuring me?

She smiles a little more. Dominic looks at the table also smiling but his smile begins to fade. Alandra watches him.

Alandra: You and Grace...you ok now?

Dominic looks at her and smiles again.

Dominic: Yeah we’re uh, we’re doing better.

Alandra scans him for sincerity but looks convinced. She nods and gets up.

Alandra: Thanks.

Dominic nods. He starts to stand, wincing slightly in pain.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. AMETHYST HQ

The corridor is full of smoke and rubble, the lights flickering on and off, however the building is no longer shaking. Alandra shields her eyes as she makes her way through the smoke as the cries of a man are heard over the distant rumbling and other voices. Her eyes widen as she sees Dominic before her, trapped under rubble. He screams in pain. Alandra looks in horror at his leg and sees that it is twisted beneath the fallen walls. Dominic struggles to free himself as he cries out. Suddenly there is an explosion behind Alandra. She spins around in shock.

QUICK FADE TO:

CUT TO:

Alandra walks out from the kitchen. Mark notices her and walks over.

Mark: Alandra.

[i]She turns her head.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. AMETHYST HQ

The flashback picks up from before. Down the corridor Alandra sees the aftermath of an explosion from a pipe. A figure lies still, some of their clothes still on fire. It is Mark. Alandra is about to run towards him when she remembers Dominic behind her. She hesitates for a split second before running back to Dominic.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN DINING AREA[i]

Mark: What’s the latest?

She sighs.

Alandra: Really not that interesting. Juliet’s having a tour.

Mark: She’s seen Jackie?

Alandra: Of course she has.

Mark: And nothing’s changed?

Alandra: Nothing’s changed.

Mark looks serious.

Alandra: Why are you asking me?

Mark: Well I asked Grace too but she pretty much said the same thing so I just wanted to check I wasn’t being kept out of the loop again.

Amy looks over at them. Alandra and Mark both notice and walk a little into the threshold of the dining area. Alandra looks at him. They speak quietly.

Alandra: Mark, I like you, ok, but this isn’t my problem-

Mark: You know they didn’t even ask me about Jackie until after they decided what to do.

Alandra: Yeah well they asked me and then ignored me.

Alandra pauses.

Alandra: You don’t think they have reason not to trust you?

Mark looks serious.

Mark: I think maybe they need a little perspective. When Aura died she died as part of Haven,

Alandra: Other people died as part of Haven because of you. That doesn’t stop being true just because other bad things happened.

Mark: You weren’t there.

Alandra: No, and thank God I wasn’t cause I hear there were a lotta bullets flying around.

Mark looks angry. Alandra sighs.

Alandra: I can’t make this any easier for you, don’t expect me to.

Mark: And because you killed people no one here knew you think you should get an easier ride?

Alandra: I don’t think your ride should be any less hard.

Mark shakes his head.

Alandra: You’re gonna have to deal with this for a long while and really, why the hell shouldn’t you?

Mark: You know part of me thinks I shoulda just died back in Amethyst-

Alandra: Well then you’re an idiot. And Aura would say the same.

Mark looks her in the eye.

Alandra: Learn to live with all this. That’s what I have to do.

Mark sighs. There is a pause.

Mark: What else happens now Jules is back? Do you know?

Alandra: We have a party.

She shrugs and walks away. Mark watches her, frustrated. In the background Amy comes into focus, watching.

CUT TO:

INT. ROOM IN NEW HAVEN

The door to the room opens. Devyn walks in followed by Juliet. Juliet as she looks around the room.

Devyn: There are a few pieces of uh, paper and stuff like that lying around still I’ll get them-

Juliet: You don’t need to do that. I haven’t lost my paper clearing skills.

He turns back to look at Juliet. Juliet smiles slightly and walks forward looking impressed.

Devyn: You like it?

Juliet: Sure. It’s spacious it’s...pretty big. This whole place is pretty big.

Devyn: We always seemed one room short before. Now if a guest is giving birth she has a catalogue to choose from.

They share a wry smile. There is a pause.

Juliet: You gonna show me how it all works? Upstairs? I have a feeling I’m gonna have to know what I’m doing sooner rather than later.

Devyn hesitates.

Devyn: We should really wait for Liliana.

Juliet: Why?

Devyn: It’s complicated.

Juliet: Complicated as in you don’t know what happens?

Devyn: Well I know in theory but...

Juliet looks confused. Devyn sighs.

Devyn: I’ve not seen upstairs. No one’s allowed out unless there are extreme circumstances. Like rescuing you.

Juliet looks surprised.

Juliet: “Allowed”?

Devyn: Liliana is the only one overseeing who comes and goes.

Juliet looks serious.

Juliet: She’s doing everything up there?

Devyn nods.

Juliet: And that’s ok with you?

Devyn: It’s working, so yeah I’m ok with it.

Juliet: But...but this isn’t like how it was, we’re below a-a hotel, there’s so much more to consider-

Devyn: Like I said...complicated. But it’s makes our lives a lot easier if all we have to worry about is what happens down here.

Juliet considers this looking surprised. Devyn watches her.

Devyn: It’s security. Makes it that much harder for Amethyst and it means we always know...

Juliet looks at him waiting for him to finish. He stares back at her.

Devyn: We always know where everyone is.

There is silence as the two stare at one another. Juliet nods to herself and closes her eyes exhaling.

Juliet: You think I abandoned you. That’s not what I did.

She turns and walks over to the desk that will soon become hers. She stares at it fixatedly. Devyn watches her, out of focus in the background.

Devyn: What did you do then?

Juliet looks at him. She knows she cannot tell him the truth.

Juliet: I...I had to get away.

Devyn: You coulda talked to me.

Juliet: No I couldn’t.

Devyn: If you had a problem about anything you coulda talked to me. Hell, you could have talked to any of us. But you ran and...

Juliet: And where did I end up? You think me being there would have made any difference when Amethyst came!?

She raises her voice slightly. Devyn looks serious. Juliet tries to calm herself. She looks upset.

Juliet: Cause...

She looks angry at herself.

Juliet: Cause I did.

Devyn looks confused.

Juliet: I...was running back here, I realised that...I realised that I had been gone too long and thought if only I could get back then I could keep you safe.

She looks him in the eye. She shakes her head.

Juliet: I found Amethyst on our doorstep and the last thought I had before getting hit by a tranquilizer dart was whether I would ever see you again.

Devyn looks as serious as she is but his face begins to gradually soften.

Devyn: I’m here.

Juliet nods, a flicker of a smile appearing on her face. The door opens. Both Juliet and Devyn turn in surprise. Liliana looks in and smiles.

Liliana: Oh, I’m sorry, I, uh, wasn’t sure where you were.

Juliet smiles away the last few minutes.

Juliet: We...are here.

She glances at Devyn. He smiles back slightly. Juliet looks at Liliana.

Juliet: I, uh, I saw Jackie.

Liliana: Yes...Tegan told me.

Liliana and Juliet share an awkward smile.

Juliet: It’ll take time.

Liliana nods.

Liliana: I’m glad it’s time you’re willing to give.

Juliet nods in return.

Juliet: Mind if I have some of yours?

Liliana looks curious.

Juliet: I’d really like to see upstairs.

Liliana looks awkward and glances at Devyn. He says nothing. Liliana seems to make a decision.

Liliana: All right. Follow me.

Juliet looks interested. She glances at Devyn and the three of them head to the door.

Thanks

ACT IV

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN, ROOM 17

Jackie is spreading a sheet across a bed. The door opens. She turns her head to see Devyn walking in. Jackie hesitates.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN, JACKIE’S ROOM

Jackie is stood by one side of her bed; Devyn is stood on the other.

Jackie: My motivation in helping you is that you’ll “let” me stay?

Devyn shakes his head.

Devyn: No your motivation in helping us is that you’ll be gone if you don’t.

Jackie tries to look resolute despite his threat.

QUICK FADE TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN, ROOM 17

Jackie stares at Devyn as he closes the door. He looks at her and shrugs.

Devyn: How long do you think you can hide away up here?

Jackie frowns.

Jackie: I’m not hiding. I’m doing my job.

Devyn: Sooner or later you need to eat.

Jackie looks down. She starts to open up a duvet cover.

Jackie: I’ll get something later.

Devyn: When the kitchen’s empty, right?

Jackie says nothing. Devyn exhales.

Devyn: Look; what I...what I said to you last week-

Jackie: Is what you meant. Don’t try and tell me you feel “bad” about it now.

Devyn hesitates.

Devyn: What I’m trying to tell you is that...you should stay. Not just because you got Juliet back; because you are, whether you like it or not, one of us.

Juliet clenches her jaw as she stares at the bed, furiously struggling with the bed covers. Devyn looks irritated.

Devyn: Listen to me.

Jackie throws the covers down.

Jackie: You will not win me over by calling me one of you.

Devyn looks angry.

Devyn: You need to get over the fact that we’re not all as bad as you thought we’d be.

Jackie: Some of you are.

Devyn pauses.

Devyn: Juliet is a problem for you, isn’t she? More than anyone else.

Jackie glances down.

Jackie: I have several problems. She is one of the bigger ones.

Devyn nods.

Devyn: I know how you feel.

Jackie looks at him unconvinced.

Jackie: Really?

Devyn: Yes. I don’t know what makes someone decide to become an assassin, I don’t think she’d ever defend what she’s done, so I don’t think she ever expects any of us to try.

Jackie says nothing.

Devyn: All I know is that somewhere down the line a while back she started saving people. I’ve gotten to know her well enough to know that she won’t change back. No one here is going to change back. Are you?

Jackie hesitates.

CUT TO:

INT. DARK ROOM

Liliana switches a light on, revealing that she and Juliet are on a walkway above a medium-sized room. There is a doorway below as Liliana and Juliet look down. Liliana looks at Juliet.

Liliana: The...basics are essentially the same.

Juliet looks confused.

Juliet: Devyn said it was complicated.

Liliana: Thorough might be a better term. Our equipment monitors the conviction chips in the same way as before.

Juliet: Except there’s no way for guests to get in. There’s no entrance.

Liliana nods.

Liliana: That’s where this room comes in.

Juliet looks intrigued as Liliana presses a button that can barely be seen underneath the railing of the walkway. Juliet suddenly realises that Liliana is holding something in her other hand: a remote of some kind that she is also pressing. Below, a red light turns on near the doorway and an unlocking sound can be heard. Juliet looks at Liliana.

Liliana: At night we send operatives out into Belview with mobile equipment that scans for the chips; when they find one they investigate and use their best judgement in deciding whether to pursue an individual or not. If they choose to do so they bring them here. I unlock the door.

She presses the buttons again. The red light turns off again and the door locks once more. Juliet takes in the information she has just learned.

Juliet: No one comes to us...

Liliana: We come to them. That’s the only way it can work. I know that now.

Juliet looks at her. Liliana smiles vaguely.

Juliet: How many guests have you brought here so far?

Liliana hesitates.

Liliana: Seven.

Juliet frowns.

Juliet: Seven?

Liliana: The seventh was today. It’s working Juliet, slowly, yes, but that’s to be expected. We’re starting from the beginning again. No one out there knows for sure that there even is a Haven anymore but they hope. And that hope will keep them and us alive.

There is a pause. Liliana exhales and takes something from her pocket. Another remote. Juliet looks confused as Liliana holds it out to her.

Liliana: It will react when there’s an arrival. You don’t need to worry about what happens on the other end. I’ll talk you through the procedure when you like. We can do it now if-

Juliet: Not just yet.

Juliet stares at Liliana who stares back. She swallows.

Liliana: All right.

Juliet looks anxious.

Juliet: Liliana...what happened to Royce.

Her voice is laced with fear. Liliana pauses.

Juliet: Please; don’t give me a short answer, I need to know-

Liliana: I won’t.

There is silence. Liliana looks down at the space below her.

Liliana: After...after you were shot there was no time for either of us to talk in any way. The gunfire alerted Amethyst police. We fled and...we split up. The last thing I saw was his surrender.

She looks Juliet in the eye, her face worn.

Liliana: For all I know he is dead. If he is alive I doubt that he will ever be released.

Juliet glances down. She swallows. There is a lengthy pause as Juliet tries to find the right words to say.

Juliet: You know why he tried to kill me, don’t you?

Liliana pauses. She walks closer to Juliet.

Liliana: I do.

Juliet looks fearful. However, sympathy emerges on Liliana’s face.

Liliana: But I knew long before that.

Juliet looks surprised. She narrows her brow.

Juliet: You...you knew?

Liliana: Yes, of course. This city’s history isn’t a secret, Juliet, I worked it out shortly after your departure once you learned of...Royce’s involvement. Amethyst was Equitas. Equitas is now Amethyst. It all fit perfectly.

Juliet takes this in, her gaze darting along the ground.

Juliet: The others-

Liliana: None of them know. They won’t know.

She looks sincere as she and Juliet stare at one another.

Juliet: I don’t...I don’t know what to-to say-

Liliana: You don’t need to say anything.

Juliet looks troubled. She stares Liliana in the eye again.

Juliet: You and he were...

Liliana: Were, yes.

Juliet looks awkward. Liliana exhales and smiles painfully.

Liliana: The relationship I had with Royce was one that I enjoyed. We understood each other and I always knew what he would sacrifice to find his family’s killer.

She laughs. Juliet looks confused as she does.

Liliana: It’s bitterly ironic to think that if you hadn’t killed them, Royce would never have done what he did, he would never have come to Haven, and never would have met me. And he would never have convinced me to find a chief of staff.

Juliet realises what she means. Liliana glances down.

Liliana: If I were in Royce’s position at the moment in time I’m sure that I would have pulled the trigger too. But I’m me, and so...

She smiles in the same painful manner. Her smile fades.

Liliana: None of this needs to be mentioned again. Between us or anyone.

Juliet: Liliana I don’t think-

Liliana: I know you may feel that it’s unresolved, because it’s the last thing you remember, but you’re wrong. You have to accept that it has been dealt with. Because we need to concentrate on what happened to you after that, and what will happen next.

Juliet looks as if she wants to argue but she does not. She looks awkward.

Juliet: I don’t see a sudden wave of anti-amnesia heading my way.

Liliana: Well we’ll wait.

Juliet nods slightly. There is another pause.

Juliet: What...does happen next?

Liliana considers this.

Liliana: We go back inside. We have dinner. Tomorrow we’ll talk.

Juliet nods.

Juliet: I didn’t even realise it was dinner time. Feels like the morning.

Liliana smiles.

Liliana: Of a new day?

Juliet smiles.

Juliet: I hope so.

She turns and heads to the door. Liliana’s smile drops; she looks as if she has exhausted everything she has in the last few minutes and has been fighting to keep herself together. Juliet turns around as she opens the door, waiting for Liliana to follow. Liliana regains her composure and follows her through the door.

FADE TO:

“The Church of What’s Happening Now” by Sia begins to play.

Alandra is clearing the canteen area, her thoughts her own.

‘I want to change, to rearrange
    What is going on’

CUT TO:

Amy and Riley play their game. Bethany brings a plate of pizza. Their faces light up as she smiles at them.

‘I need to change, I need to play
    Like a five year old’

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN KITCHEN

Dominic sits down at the table, wincing slightly.

‘I can't detach from the past
    And all of the pain’

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

Tegan stands up having finished her work. She and Gael talk and Gael laughs slightly at something Tegan says. Tegan looks pleased as she stands up.

‘I need to laugh, start from scratch
    Begin again’

CUT TO:

Juliet and Liliana walk down. Juliet’s face is optimistic. Liliana’s is less so.

‘Throw away yesterday
    Today is a brand new day’

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN UPPER CORRIDOR

Devyn and Jackie walk down; Jackie looks ambivalent.

‘Throw away yesterday

CUT TO:

Sam sits next to Bethany as the children eat. Bethany looks at Sam; their smiles are underlined with doubt.

‘So I'm going to eat one hundred sweets
    I don't care if I get fat’

Their heads turn as they see Alandra sitting down with Mark at a nearby table. Alandra smiles weakly at them, while Mark looks away. Bethany turns back as Alandra glances at Mark knowingly.

‘And I'm going to speak, I won't censor me
    I know I can take nothing back’

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN KITCHEN

Grace carries two plates of food for her and Dominic and places them down in front of him and her. She sits down and they share a smile as they begin their meal.

‘And I'm going to jump I will unburden
    I cannot go too deep’

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

Jackie looks at Devyn. He nods supportively and she walks forwards, leading the way.

‘I will not run from bad things I've done
    They're things I'll try not to repeat’

As Tegan and Gael head for the kitchen, they stop, noticing Devyn and Jackie at the top of the stairs. Tegan smiles at them slightly. Devyn looks back at Jackie indicating she should head down.

‘Throw away yesterday

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN LOBBY

Juliet and Liliana walk forward into the lobby as Juliet clutches the remote she was given, in her hand. As she looks up she makes eye contact with Jackie on the stairs.

‘Throw away yesterday

The six individuals freeze for a moment before. Juliet looks from Devyn to Jackie, who avoids looking at her. Gael and Tegan look as if they do not know what to do. Liliana makes a decision and heads forward, beckoning for Juliet to follow. Jackie smiles at Devyn apologetically as she heads down in the direction of her room. Devyn watches her disappointedly but walks down to meet Tegan and Gael who smile through the difficult moment.

‘Welcome to
    The church of what's happening now
    Head straight through
    It costs nothing but shame’

CUT TO:

INT. NEW HAVEN KITCHEN CORRIDOR

Liliana walks in, followed by Juliet, Tegan and Gael. The door almost closes as Devyn stops it. He hesitates for a moment before walking in as well. The door closes behind him.

‘Throw away yesterday
    Today is a brand new day
    Throw away yesterday

FADE TO:

EXT. STONE STEPS

A man’s legs walk up the steps. He walks off-screen as a construction worker walks in the opposite direction, carrying a pole. The camera moves round to show a large amount of scaffolding surrounding a building. The camera catches up with the man before, slowly rising up to reveal his body. It is Lucas. His is dressed in business attire and is talking on a mobile phone as he enters the doors. The camera moves away to show the familiar sign outside the building.

Amethyst Inc. HQ

‘Throw away yesterday
    Today is a brand new day
    Throw away yesterday

‘Throw away yesterday
    Today is a brand new day
    Throw away yesterday

THE END