Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback for Obsessed

Thanks

Default Feedback for Obsessed

Post feedback for Obsessed's fics in here

Thanks

Just caught up with the end of Rain so far...

I must say that I'm impressed by the concept of this fic. It stands to reason that once there are a lot of Slayers out there, some of them may be other things as well, and I like to see girls from all kinds of backgrounds.

At the same time....It seems as if we've encountered an awful lot of Slayers who come from ugly roots. Broken homes, abusive parents, major deaths in the family...I've begun to crave the idea of a Slayer whose life was good, or even great, before her calling. There's plenty of room for angst, still--it's hard to scarper off to Yale when you're busy fighting demons in your home town. Except maybe if you're from Boston, anyway. Anyway, clearly I'm not going to get that from Rain, so I may as well enjoy it for what it is.

There are a lot of unplumbed mysteries to be explored in this series, and I'm looking forward to seeing them unfold.
    DeadWar: Burden of Proof
    Out Now.
    Feedback is always welcome here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mabus View Post
    Just caught up with the end of Rain so far...

I must say that I'm impressed by the concept of this fic. It stands to reason that once there are a lot of Slayers out there, some of them may be other things as well, and I like to see girls from all kinds of backgrounds.

At the same time....It seems as if we've encountered an awful lot of Slayers who come from ugly roots. Broken homes, abusive parents, major deaths in the family...I've begun to crave the idea of a Slayer whose life was good, or even great, before her calling. There's plenty of room for angst, still--it's hard to scarper off to Yale when you're busy fighting demons in your home town. Except maybe if you're from Boston, anyway. Anyway, clearly I'm not going to get that from Rain, so I may as well enjoy it for what it is.

There are a lot of unplumbed mysteries to be explored in this series, and I'm looking forward to seeing them unfold.
    I wasn't aware there were a lot of slayers written angst, from broken homes, etc (other than Faith) til a few weeks ago. I think it was you actually that mentioned it. Really- the idea of of Rain came from a college type VS with different slayers/personalities. Odelia and I end up liking Rain- we were drawn to the idea of balancing two powers. And it just went on from there. Yet I am pleased you're impressed with Rain and I certainly value your thoughts, especially when those thoughts are from talented VS writer.

As I told you before- the idea of a slayer with a decent background certainly has some interest and its something I'd like to explore myself or at least read about. Again, thanks for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    I wasn't aware there were a lot of slayers written angst, from broken homes, etc (other than Faith) til a few weeks ago. I think it was you actually that mentioned it. Really- the idea of of Rain came from a college type VS with different slayers/personalities. Odelia and I end up liking Rain- we were drawn to the idea of balancing two powers. And it just went on from there. Yet I am pleased you're impressed with Rain and I certainly value your thoughts, especially when those thoughts are from talented VS writer.

As I told you before- the idea of a slayer with a decent background certainly has some interest and its something I'd like to explore myself or at least read about. Again, thanks for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.
    Well...we start off with Buffy, who clearly has father issues (Joss' main theme, it sometimes seems like) and whose mother dies in the course of the series, leaving her to take care of her sister alone. Then there's Kendra, who was given to the Council to raise from a very young age--I'm sure it was an honor, but it clearly left its marks. And of course, Faith. In addition, it seems as if any original Slayer I've ever read about comes from a background something like that, although I'm sure I've only read a tiny fraction of the fic available.

I believe the very first original Slayer I came up with was Saghani, from the still-unfinished "Demon Ride". Saghani doesn't know she's a Slayer, but she's on good terms with her family and they are very proud of her ascension to high rank in the Mongol hordes that are busy overrunning Europe.
    Last edited by Mabus; 26-07-07 at 03:41 AM.
    Out Now.

Thanks

Hey Beth,
    I left you feedback back at Buffyworld about episode one. But I just wanted you to know that I really liked the episode. It was very different and I like the way you used the character. Also the whole thing with Rains's mother being a drunk who takes her boy friend side then her childs. I also thought Rain is a very good character and I loved how it was written. I Say 2 thumbs up
    Good job
    -Kevin
    East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Thanks

OMG I LOVE THIS EPISODE.

I love how u developed ur character Rain from the rest of the other slayers that have come around. It is very unique and i like it.

I love the part where Rain talks about her having three bosses. I find that funny. Will she ever meet Rupert Giles?

The next part I liked the most in this episode is the way u have Nick and Rain interact with each other. I wonder is there anything that is going to sprout from that

I also love the reference Rain made to Buffy and how she can do things better than Buffy. Will Rain ever meet her?

Oh and the ending made me have goosebumps I want to know who her husband is and why he affects her like this

All in all. I like it and give this episode a 10

Thanks

Glad you liked Back to School episode. Yes, Rain and Nick interacted with each other more this time. Will something sprout? Mmm?? Maybe... maybe not.

I can tell you that Rain will in fact meet Giles and Buffy, even Willow in a special episode in the near future.

I agree Madeline's husband is uber-creepy. Thanks to Odelia, she created him!

The following episode is mostly written and should be released soon. *cross fingers* Thanks for posting feedback and the rating scores!

Thanks

I just read Rain 1.01 "Happy Birthday, Rain" and I am pleased to say that I really, really liked it!

Just to get this out of the way, I loved the little obscure references, like "Shadow Stalker", Officer Kold, Doublemeat Palace, etc. Those were really great!

On a more serious note, I feel the best thing you did with this pilot was setting up a great theme: the social classes. In every show that has them, they create a great storyline. I'm thinking of Veronica Mars. You effectively described Rain's house in direct contrast, to say Bella's house or Michael's restaurant. And Bella's parents are obviously huge bitches, but Jake is also creepy and a jerk, as well. They are both bad people, IMO, but both in a different way. And I love that Bella and Rain stay friends, and don't just take the stereotypes. It's almost like Romeo & Juliet, with only girls, and not...ya know, sexual

I love Rain's character the most. I really do. She made some character progress in just the first episode! She has an attitude, but she really doesn't deserve the treatment she gets at school. She's closing everyone off, including her best friend, Bella. And I liked all her small conversations with Michael. At first, she tried to get him off her back, but she slowly opened up and became more friendly. Of course, she isn't friendly yet, but definitely more friendly. I like the rest of the characters. The Principal, with his sci-fi posters, Bella, Michael. However, I don't really like Madeline yet. I mean, she was in one scene, but so far I don't like her. She seems like S3 Wesley. Hope she is different than that

Also, you did a great job at sending out twists. I was shocked when Rain was so quickly suspended from school. I mean, I could tell from the first scene that she must not be well liked by teachers, but I didn't expect that. And, secondly, Connie dying! It was a quick thing that shocked me so much! And the police officer who called and said it's taken care of? This is a great seasonal mystery. It is a seasonal mystery, right?

BTW, what does CU/ECU, etc. mean? Is it like a close up shot?

So, overall, a really fantastic pilot. A mystery was set up, a great theme was introduced, the characters were introduced perfectly, and we really got to know Rain. Awesome job!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBoy View Post
    I just read Rain 1.01 "Happy Birthday, Rain" and I am pleased to say that I really, really liked it!

Just to get this out of the way, I loved the little obscure references, like "Shadow Stalker", Officer Kold, Doublemeat Palace, etc. Those were really great!

On a more serious note, I feel the best thing you did with this pilot was setting up a great theme: the social classes. In every show that has them, they create a great storyline. I'm thinking of Veronica Mars. You effectively described Rain's house in direct contrast, to say Bella's house or Michael's restaurant. And Bella's parents are obviously huge bitches, but Jake is also creepy and a jerk, as well. They are both bad people, IMO, but both in a different way. And I love that Bella and Rain stay friends, and don't just take the stereotypes. It's almost like Romeo & Juliet, with only girls, and not...ya know, sexual

I love Rain's character the most. I really do. She made some character progress in just the first episode! She has an attitude, but she really doesn't deserve the treatment she gets at school. She's closing everyone off, including her best friend, Bella. And I liked all her small conversations with Michael. At first, she tried to get him off her back, but she slowly opened up and became more friendly. Of course, she isn't friendly yet, but definitely more friendly. I like the rest of the characters. The Principal, with his sci-fi posters, Bella, Michael. However, I don't really like Madeline yet. I mean, she was in one scene, but so far I don't like her. She seems like S3 Wesley. Hope she is different than that

Also, you did a great job at sending out twists. I was shocked when Rain was so quickly suspended from school. I mean, I could tell from the first scene that she must not be well liked by teachers, but I didn't expect that. And, secondly, Connie dying! It was a quick thing that shocked me so much! And the police officer who called and said it's taken care of? This is a great seasonal mystery. It is a seasonal mystery, right?

BTW, what does CU/ECU, etc. mean? Is it like a close up shot?

So, overall, a really fantastic pilot. A mystery was set up, a great theme was introduced, the characters were introduced perfectly, and we really got to know Rain. Awesome job!
    I am so pleased you liked the pilot! As for those references- that was the new, excited fanfic writer in me. I've kind stopped doing that because its hard to keep track of everyone and everything. But yeah, its all in good fun.

I worked really hard to show the contrast between Rain and Bella's lives- poor/rich. I am really glad you caught that head on. I also wanted to break the sterotypes of rich girls not hanging out with poor girls. That's what I like about Bella- even though this is the only world she's ever known, she's not impressed by it- at least not in some aspects. Sure she likes getting some designer clothes and a credit card, who doesn't but she doesn't let these objects define her like her parents might.

I am appreciate you get Rain thus far. You seem to understand her dynamic and the world she's in as well as the relationships around her. As for Madeline- I agree she's S3 Wesley but not as nerdy or awkward. She knows how to fight and can her hold her own but she's still naive and isn't good at forming relationships, especially young adults. Another thing, she's not as by the book even though she tries to be.

Rain being suspended was done quickly because of a zero policy at the school. No I am kidding. The purpose was so that Rain would be on her own in future episodes. You'll see.

And Connie dying- yeah such a mystery, isn't it. You'll just have to tune in to find out if its a seasonal one.

CU and ECU closes up shots... I think extreme close-up? Odelia added that. So you'll have to ask her that.

Well that's that. Thanks for the feedback. I loved reading your thoughts!

Thanks

I'm finding all kinds of Bellas lately for some reason. It's odd...

Poor Bella. I suppose I shouldn't feel sorry for her--the things she did put Amy's antics (pre-comics, anyway) to shame. But she so obviously did it out of loneliness.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to reread the whole series before I completely understand--it's been too long since I read last, and I've forgotten who everyone is. But it still has punch.
    Out Now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mabus View Post
    I'm finding all kinds of Bellas lately for some reason. It's odd...

Poor Bella. I suppose I shouldn't feel sorry for her--the things she did put Amy's antics (pre-comics, anyway) to shame. But she so obviously did it out of loneliness.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to reread the whole series before I completely understand--it's been too long since I read last, and I've forgotten who everyone is. But it still has punch.
    Just remember- my fanfic came out first before Twilight. So I own the name Bella.

Glad you enjoyed the read! It took me a sec to figure out who meant when you said Amy. *smacks head* Yeah, I agree- different motivations right there.

Thanks

WOW. Episode 6 amazing.

Teaser: I thought the teaser was very good. It was nice to give a flashback on who the man was. And the part at the end when she called Giles was really good as well.

Act 1: Hmmm.....The first act was good. I mean it was good how u showed the episode from the gangs point of views. Also another flash back was a good way to help the story progress. Good job. I liked the interaction between Nick, Bella, and Rain. It shows great development of the characters. The fightscene between Rain and Rowe was cool. And the ending of the act was really good as well

I especially loved how u had Giles in this episode. Hopefully I see more of him. And here is a question: When is Bella and Nick going to go patrolling with Rain? And when will we find out who Michael's contacts are?

Oh and I especially loved the Sunnydale joke and how obliviious Nick is to the demon world.

All in all this was a good episode

Sunnydale High Student SaltyGoodness's Avatar
    Thanks

Hiya all - I thought it was about time I poked my head in and said hello. I'm so pleased that you're enjoying the story so far - Obsessed has put an amazing amount of time and energy into building the Rain'verse, so all kudos to her.

I wish that I had the time to be working on RAIN 'full time', so to speak, but my job is so crazy these days and my internet access a bit limited...gah...but Beth has kindly let me go part time - I do a bit of the editing for the series still, just to keep my finger in the RAIN puddle (sorry, bad pun, lol)!

Blasterboy - yes, CU & ECU mean, 'close up' and 'extreme close up' - after the episode you refer to, they've not been used again (I'm pretty sure?).

Anyway, thanks again for all your feedback! Will pop back in here soon.

Thanks

kjhurd15-

Glad you enjoyed Acid Test. Odelia actually wrote that fight scene between Rain/Rowe. So kudos to her. Yes you will see Giles again in a two parter.

Not sure when but yeah Bella, Nick and Rain will patrol sometime in the future. As for when Michael's contacts will be revealed- that remains to be seen. It could be a while.

Pleased like you like the Sunnydale joke. Gotta throw in Buffy connections everyone once in a while, eh. As for Nick- yeah he's a dork when it comes to the supernatural world. That's what makes me like him more.

Odelia dear- thank you for your lovely comments. Regardless that you're working part-time, I am glad you're back on board.

Thanks

Episode 7 or Rain is something i was waiting for .
    And i enjoyed every second of it.

I love how you started the episode with Rain out going through a magic store. I really thought it was a good idea to have her start there. And i love how she gets a spellbook and tries to figure things out.

Okay the spell that she reads that gives the gang her powers was really ingenious. Although can u explain to me why you gave the gang each power?

I also liked how u had a montage for Rain's normal girl day. It was cute and funny. The vampire attack in the salon was necessary. At least this proves she can handle herself. Although the mugging was really sad. I felt bad. Will we see those two boys again?

I also loved in this episode the fight with Paris and those vampires and how the gang had to help her. At least this proves they are family. I also love the "Scooby" reference when they were coming up with names. BTW what is Rain's inner circle's name? And will they meet the Scooby gang at all?

I also want to know if the big bad of the season is what Michael and Jackie were about?
    And what is going on with Bella's dad? Is he hiding something?
    Also who was that figure who was burning those pics of the restaurant.
    And who was the figure who was visiting the group who brought back Rain's powers?
    And will Nick and Bella learn how to fight?

All in all I love this episode 11 out of 10

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kjhurd15 View Post
    Episode 7 or Rain is something i was waiting for .
    And i enjoyed every second of it.

I love how you started the episode with Rain out going through a magic store. I really thought it was a good idea to have her start there. And i love how she gets a spellbook and tries to figure things out.

Okay the spell that she reads that gives the gang her powers was really ingenious. Although can u explain to me why you gave the gang each power?

I also liked how u had a montage for Rain's normal girl day. It was cute and funny. The vampire attack in the salon was necessary. At least this proves she can handle herself. Although the mugging was really sad. I felt bad. Will we see those two boys again?

I also loved in this episode the fight with Paris and those vampires and how the gang had to help her. At least this proves they are family. I also love the "Scooby" reference when they were coming up with names. BTW what is Rain's inner circle's name? And will they meet the Scooby gang at all?

I also want to know if the big bad of the season is what Michael and Jackie were about?
    And what is going on with Bella's dad? Is he hiding something?
    Also who was that figure who was burning those pics of the restaurant.
    And who was the figure who was visiting the group who brought back Rain's powers?
    And will Nick and Bella learn how to fight?

All in all I love this episode 11 out of 10
    Hey- I am so pleased you enjoyed 1.07. It was challenging for me to tackle the theme of this episode- I wanted to make it really funny but dark at the same time. Anyway you asked why I gave the gang each of Rain's powers. First off- I wanted Rain to feel isolated. As you're aware her powers are fairly new to her- both slayer and wiccan- so she knows what life is like without them. Yet she never really experienced having a core group of people who are willing to do anything for her. I needed a way to get the group to be there for Rain but through her powers thus bringing them closer.

I gave Bella- telekinesis and slayer visions because she's never really been inside Rain's world- even though they're best friends. She's never really 'seen' the hardships Rain had to go through growing up and on top of that she's only seen a small glimpse of Rain's supernatural life. I sort of wanted to wake Bella up, give her a little taste of what its like to be a slayer/witch.

With Madeline- I wanted her to have the force field power because she's like a motherly figure, very protective of Rain. She's Rain's Watcher- willing to do anything for her, even though she doesn't know how to act around her. On top of that- she's a strong woman, I knew she could handle it. So to me it made sense that she'd get this power.

Michael- I envisioned already a strong fighter based on his mysterious past and the fire rising power just seem to fit him and his personality. Plus when I was thinking of how to split the powers- I right away thought of the kitchen scene. My father is into gourmet cooking as a side hobby- so I am familiar with my way in the kitchen thanks to him. In fact a part of Michael's personality is my father- the chef side. The other side is Bella's father- business-like, focused, high expectations but my dad is not distant like Warner. He's actually a pretty funny guy.

Now Nick- he's like Xander but more cool, slick- a player. I think good looking guys can be real dorks. And you already know that Nick isn't too crazy about vampires and the supernatural. It really kinda freaks him out but a part of him is still intrigued. So I thought it would be funny for him to have Rain's slayer strength.

I am not sure if we'll see the two boys again (car robbers). Who knows? Originally they were just guest roles- but they may come back.

I don't know the name of Rain's inner circle yet. In fact, Nick still comes up with ideas in 1.08. It's pretty funny.

Rain and her friends will meet Buffy, Giles and Willow in 1.10. It should be quite interesting.

Bella and Nick will learn how to fight- but first it'll be Bella, then Nick. Cuz Bella is just naturally curious about Rain's life, studying, researching- she wants to do it all. Nick is taking his time- he's too busy working, being a college student and remember Rain's life kinda freaks him out so he needs time before he'll actually sink his teeth into it. Haha. Sink his teeth.

I don't want to give away too much about the big bad. I'll tell you this much- the figure who was burning the pictures is the same figure who had the coven get Rain's powers back. Bella's father is hiding something. Again I don't want to reveal too much. You'll just have to suffer.

Again thanks for reading. I appreciate your comments and questions. If you have more, let me know.

Thanks

I do have more questions. When Rain meets the Scooby gang. How come Xander wont be there? I mean wouldnt that be cool To have big old Xander?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kjhurd15 View Post
    I do have more questions. When Rain meets the Scooby gang. How come Xander wont be there? I mean wouldnt that be cool To have big old Xander?
    You're funny. As I said earlier- Rain will meet Buffy, Willow and Giles in 1.10 Authority. I don't want to say too much because 1.09/1/10 is a two parter. For storyline purposes, I see no need to include Xander but that doesn't mean he won't show up in the future. When I developed the outline for the episode I thought about writing him in but it just felt too crowded. Besides he needs to take care of slayer business while Buffy and the others are away. Though its possible he could make a phone call.

Thanks

Hey! I just read episode 1! Good Job! It was all very dark and angsty, and very very intriguing. Rain is different from all the other slayers, she's mysterious and broody, and of course is not onle a slayer, but a witch too (and let's not forget the hair!).
    The only thing that kind of put me off was Madeline, 'cause she only appeared for a very short scene, but I guess we'll find out more about her in later episodes.And Michael Corbis seems a little too good t be true,but I have the impression that he's hiding somehing...
    I'm definetely going to read more!!
    So sorry I posted this on your index thread the first time!!!!
    What? You’ve taught a psycho killer demon how to be human by making him watch Sex and the City?

1.02 Never been kissed OUT NOW/ 1.03 Damned by the bell COMING SOON

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cliomiao View Post
    Hey! I just read episode 1! Good Job! It was all very dark and angsty, and very very intriguing. Rain is different from all the other slayers, she's mysterious and broody, and of course is not onle a slayer, but a witch too (and let's not forget the hair!).
    The only thing that kind of put me off was Madeline, 'cause she only appeared for a very short scene, but I guess we'll find out more about her in later episodes.And Michael Corbis seems a little too good t be true,but I have the impression that he's hiding somehing...
    I'm definetely going to read more!!
    So sorry I posted this on your index thread the first time!!!!
    Hey- you're funny. Awesome- glad to have a new reader on board! Glad you like the angst and slayer/witch twist. I agree- Madeline was only on for short time- I suppose I could have added another scene or so- now thinking about it. The following episode 1.02 Blank Canvas- was a part of the pilot. I split it- for various reasons. Even today I wonder if I should have done that or not. But you'll see more of her as the series progresses, esp. in 1.06 which focuses on her background, etc.

So you think Michael is too good to be true, eh? Hiding something? Hmm... interesting.

I didn't realized you posted in the index thread- so no harm, no foul. Thank you for posting your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you as you continue with the series!