Thanks

you can fix it in css.

Code:
    img
    {
    border: 1;
    border-color: #FFFFFF;
    }
    the "1" is how thick you want your border and the "#FFFFFF" is currently the color white, just change the "FFFFFF" to whatever your color stands for.
    PRETTY AS A PICTURE HAS RETURNED

With the return of PAAP comes the integration of Screencap Paradise
    Keep a look out for Chosen Art, Roadhouse and the others

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amy1234 View Post
    Ok so im back with another question again, lol
    In css how do you make so your navigation is all in with the css so you can just paste that link, and it will all be there, ive looked around but dont know how to do it, on each of my pages i keep having to paste all my navigation is there a way to put in css??, im confused like usual
    What Jenni Lou says is true.
    You can put the navigation into a seperate php file and include that in every page.
    All you have to do is to put the navigation into a div, let's say id="navigation"
    so you'd get:

Code:
    <div id="navigation">
     <a href="link.php">link</a>
     etc.
    </div>
    and save it under (for instance) navigation.php

then in your site where you want the coding of the naviation you use:
    PHP Code:
    <? 

include("navigation.php"); 
    ?>
    also all pages in which you are including this navigation.php have to be php files as well. html files can't include and read php tags, while php files do read html.

also, small note to dana's post above: you have to add px after the 1.
    Since there is many variations in 1, a browser will not know what it means.
    You won't have a trouble with it when it's 1 with a border, because the border is standard set to 1px, but if you want it 2px or whatever, it won't work because it misses the value.
    The only time you don't have to add px or em or anything is when using 0.
    Since 0 cars, 0 houses and 0 pixels is all the same

Thanks

Does anyone know how to rotate headers like on Danas Site?
    http://dana.thedudes.nu/chosenart/index.html

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

You need a random image script. I'll try and post one soon of someone else doesn't get to it first. Although you could probably google it and find one.

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Thanks

Or thanks ill try googling it

Thanks

I need help. So I installed Movable Type and everything is great. I tested the comments and it works fine. Well, apparently that is just my comments that will work fine. It seems no one else can post any. Now, I searched all around help and support and all the help files and whatnot and the forum....I can't find an answer. Now, you can go to my site and try to add a comment and see what it says. One person told me they got a message:
    Your comment submission failed for the following reasons:

Text entered was wrong. Try again.

Return to the original entry.
    So I am wondering:

1. Is this the same error everyone is getting?

2. Does anyone ave any ideas how this can be fixed? I am so confused. It is rather an odd error.

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    I need help. So I installed Movable Type and everything is great. I tested the comments and it works fine. Well, apparently that is just my comments that will work fine. It seems no one else can post any. Now, I searched all around help and support and all the help files and whatnot and the forum....I can't find an answer. Now, you can go to my site and try to add a comment and see what it says. One person told me they got a message:

So I am wondering:

1. Is this the same error everyone is getting?

2. Does anyone ave any ideas how this can be fixed? I am so confused. It is rather an odd error.
    I can only answer one of your questions. I commented you just now and the first time it didn't work because I didn't have my email address in there (silly me) but then I entered my email address and it worked perfectly fine. I was able to comment your post. Just figured I'd let you know.

It might just be a one-time thing for that person...? I dunno.
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Thanks

Thanks for the comment, Heather. I feel better knowing at least one went through. :/

Banned
    Thanks

im trying to figure out siteskin for my site. but im not getting this. do i need too have just the div id's and content on a page or stylesheet.. im so confused :P..

Drunkface McCord little albatross's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Justin, I can send you the files I use for SiteSkin in just a little bit if you like. Not the exact files, but more like sample files/folders. Like the skin folders/files, a content page...pretty much shows you exactly how I use it. t should be enough to help you understand it better...sometimes it's easier to *see* than *read*

@Jenni Lou, I left you a comment. It worked just fine for me the first time. I know that some scripts require that commenters leave an e-mail address, like fanupdate and wordpress, even if it doesn't display it. Could that be the problem? Because Heather said that it didn't work the first time...I dunno, I don't know anything about Movable Type
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Thanks

This is a pretty easy question that maybe doesn't belong here, but I am trying to teach someone the basics (and I mean BASICS) of Photoshop. It's my mom and she pretty much just wants to learn the program. I have lots of places I go for tutorials on more advanced stuff, but does anyone know any places online, maybe even their own sites, that have real basic tutorials I can reference her to? I mean, pretend you know NOTHING about the program, but have basic computer knowledge.
    Thanks in advance and feel free to put this somewhere else if need be.

Thanks

Thanks, J.j. I don't think so. I just don't know what else it could be though.

Lady Manson, I wrote this tutorial to be instructional for first-timers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    Lady Manson, I wrote this tutorial to be instructional for first-timers.
    I was just going to point to that, it's the one I used when I first got PS and it was very useful, I thought
    I can't think of any that was as simple and easy to follow, for someone who didn't have a clue what was what in Photoshop
    >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Thanks

Hey guys.
    I have a problem. When ever i want to add something to my menu in my site I need to add it in all the pages and it's a really hard work cause i need to go through all the pages and check if it was copied right into the page and stuff... Is there a sulotion for this? like to put the menu into a CSS file?

Thanks a bunch,
    Omri

Thanks

This question was actually asked a few posts ago. You cannot do this through the CSS. But you can do it through PHP, which is what a great deal of us use. You can have all your navigation (and other things!) in one file and then it is easy to change information for the pages on your site. I know Nikki has a tutorial on PHP and there is one at codegrrl.com call NL-Convert which is where I learned from.

Thanks

Oh well! Thank you Jenni! I will definetly try to learn PHP... Though it seem a bit hard.

Thanks

It's really not. All it basically is a few lines of code you place outside all your regular HTML. It's very easy.

I mean, that's not all it is but it is all you need to know to do what you want to do and make your site easier to run. It's all I know. I certainly can't write PHP scripts or anything.

Thanks

I took a look at Nikki's tutorial it looks good so i'll try that one!..
    thanks Jenni im really glad you helped me.

Thanks

yeah it is really easy, and this could be irrelevant , but i thought id mention it, if your testing it offline then it won't work, just saying coz it happened to me lol

Thanks

So i need to upload it and then view it?.. that's sucks! and do i need to ask my hostees to open a mysql database or something?