Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 130

Thread: Random Questions - Although Winchesters never get lost & ask for directions, you can!

  1. #41
    Agent 1.3 Llywela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    asleep!
    Posts
    2,234
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 268 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ciderdrinker View Post
    I believe it was the last ep aired that the theory that his abilities hadn't gone anywhere, re-surfaced (by Bobby?) and Sam definately seemed to be stalling. I think it would be fascinating if it turned out that Sam and the "other children like him" were already supernaturally gifted before the YED came to them, and the fall-out of Mary's death was, in-part, Sam's fault, albeit unwittingly. Do we think it's possible then that YED was just using a supernatural "loophole", to recruit his army? How does that fit into the show's mythology? Would a human with a supernatural ability be classed (by an hunter) as something to fight, something other than human, maybe part-demon?
    Ahhhh, speculation. This probably isn't the right thread for any serious speculation. So let me just say that I've always felt that Sam's insistence in the early stages of the season that his abilities are no more was more wishful thinking than actual knowledge. It was in 3.10, Dream a Little Dream of Me, I think, talking to Bobby, that for the first time this season he didn't dismiss out of hand the suggestion that maybe he does still have psychic abilities lying dormant.

    Just what the YED's full intentions and machinations were...well, there are many possibilities and very little in the way of solid evidence. We've seen psychic humans before - Missouri Mosely being the classic example. We learned in Dead in the Water, very early in the show, that trauma can cause some people to be more receptive to psychic stuff, so I think it highly unlikely that a psychic human would be classed as prey by any hunters unless there wwas evidence that they were using their powers to harm other people or were in league with demons, or something like that. The psychic powers themselves are not evil in any way.

  2. #42
    Sunnydale High Student spuffy4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NSW South Coast
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Random Q for you guys and gals.
    After watching the last ep of season 3 spn i started wondering what exaclty Sam's powers were and why Ruby was insisting that he had the power to take out Lillith.
    I watched the ep and am still confused somebody help...oh and i've heard that they are bringing Chad micheal murray into supernatural as a new hunter to help sam save dean i highly doubt it but just wondering if it's true cos if so bleh you'd think they'd bring in someone better looking hehehe no offence to anyone who likes chad..

    Joss
    Fire bad tree pretty

  3. #43
    Agent 1.3 Llywela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    asleep!
    Posts
    2,234
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 268 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    We've never been told the full extent of Sam's powers. We know that he has had prophetic visions in the past. He had one isolated burst of telekinetic power. And he proved immune to Lilith's powers in the S3 finale. The other 'special children' had powers such as super-strength, mind control and demon control, and it was demonstrated that if they made a conscious decision to tap into their powers, they could each develop the full range. But the extent of this range of powers remains murky, largely because Sam has always repressed his powers rather than exploring them.

    Was Ruby telling the truth when she said Sam could destroy Lilith with his powers? We don't know. But Ruby certainly believed it - it's the reason she worked so hard to gain Sam's trust all season. The YED wanted the strongest of the 'special children' to lead his demon army for a reason. And Lilith was worried enough about Sam's powers to avoid him all season and then flee for her life when she wasn't able to kill him.

    That's all we know! Maybe season four will shed more light on the issue.

    Oh, and I'm fairly certain that Chad Michael Murray is not joining the cast

  4. #44
    Sunnydale High Student spuffy4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NSW South Coast
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llywela View Post
    We've never been told the full extent of Sam's powers. We know that he has had prophetic visions in the past. He had one isolated burst of telekinetic power. And he proved immune to Lilith's powers in the S3 finale. The other 'special children' had powers such as super-strength, mind control and demon control, and it was demonstrated that if they made a conscious decision to tap into their powers, they could each develop the full range. But the extent of this range of powers remains murky, largely because Sam has always repressed his powers rather than exploring them.



    Was Ruby telling the truth when she said Sam could destroy Lilith with his powers? We don't know. But Ruby certainly believed it - it's the reason she worked so hard to gain Sam's trust all season. The YED wanted the strongest of the 'special children' to lead his demon army for a reason. And Lilith was worried enough about Sam's powers to avoid him all season and then flee for her life when she wasn't able to kill him.

    That's all we know! Maybe season four will shed more light on the issue.

    Oh, and I'm fairly certain that Chad Michael Murray is not joining the cast
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Soo glad about CMM lol he wouldnt be the right pick for a show like Supernatural anyways..

    Joss
    Fire bad tree pretty

  5. #45
    Raindrop Obsessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Haven
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    I just wanted to know how many years apart are Dean and Sam?
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

  6. #46
    Ŧħ'mąś Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tumblr
    Posts
    753
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Dean and Sam have about a 4 years age difference.

  7. #47
    Agent 1.3 Llywela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    asleep!
    Posts
    2,234
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 268 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    I just wanted to know how many years apart are Dean and Sam?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Dean and Sam have about a 4 years age difference.
    Four-and-a-bit years, if you wanted to be really precise. Dean was born on 24 Jan 1979 and Sam on 2 May 1983.

  8. #48
    Sunnydale High Student spuffy4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NSW South Coast
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Ahhh help!

    Ok here's the dilemma, I've missed the last couple of episodes of supernatural and can't find them anywhere, can anyone think of any decent websites with the episodes?

    Joss
    Fire bad tree pretty

  9. #49
    Bad Boy Lover Cori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    1,478
    Thanks
    636
    Thanked 595 Times in 484 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spuffy4life View Post
    Ok here's the dilemma, I've missed the last couple of episodes of supernatural and can't find them anywhere, can anyone think of any decent websites with the episodes?

    Joss
    Hi there! It is possible for American viewers to watch full episodes on the website of the CW. Check it out here:

    http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural

    However, I'm not sure how many episodes there are.

  10. #50
    Sunnydale High Student spuffy4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NSW South Coast
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks so much your a legend


    Joss
    Fire bad tree pretty

  11. #51
    Hellmouth Tourist
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    know storyline wise- they arranged for John to show up later to make it more emotional, I guess. Yet it still bugged me

  12. #52
    Raindrop Obsessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Haven
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    I started watching my Season 4 DVDs. I have a question about a line that Dean says to a demon in "Lazarus Rising". I don't think this is spoilery but I'll tag it anyway-

    Spoiler:
    This is when Dean and Sam are in a resturant/diner and they had just done the seance with Pam and Bobby. Dean wants to find Casitel, do a summon spell but Sam thinks they should find the demons that are nearby. And it turns out the demons are in the diner. The waitress "Flo" confronts them prodding Dean for answers about his return from the dead deal. Dean realizes she is scared and says this line (re: who pulled him out)-

    "Because whoever it was, they want me out. And they're a lot stronger than you. So go ahead. Send me back. But don't come crawling to me when they show up on your front doorstep with some Vaseline and a fire hose."

    I don't get the vaseline/fire hose reference. My first thought was those stunt guys with goo all over their faces when they are on fire but even with this concept- I still don't get it. Am I wrong? What does it mean?
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

  13. #53
    Agent 1.3 Llywela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    asleep!
    Posts
    2,234
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 268 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Um...I'm pretty sure the reference is intended to be considerably dirtier than that, if you get my drift He is implying a rather nasty physical punishment if the demon dares try to send him back to hell.

    Need further elaboration?

  14. #54
    Raindrop Obsessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Haven
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llywela View Post
    Um...I'm pretty sure the reference is intended to be considerably dirtier than that, if you get my drift He is implying a rather nasty physical punishment if the demon dares try to send him back to hell.

    Need further elaboration?
    Yes I need further elaboration as my English/background knowledge is limited and sometimes I may not get references like this one. Thanks!
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

  15. #55
    Agent 1.3 Llywela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    asleep!
    Posts
    2,234
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 268 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Okay then. It is a very crude sexual reference, vaseline being a lubricant and a fire hose being a very long phallic object.

    He's basically being as rude and obnoxious to the demon as he can be, really pushing her hard to see if she'll snap, while confident that she won't, because she is too afraid of whatever pulled him out of hell to take the chance of attacking him.

  16. #56
    Raindrop Obsessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Haven
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llywela View Post
    Okay then. It is a very crude sexual reference, vaseline being a lubricant and a fire hose being a very long phallic object.

    He's basically being as rude and obnoxious to the demon as he can be, really pushing her hard to see if she'll snap, while confident that she won't, because she is too afraid of whatever pulled him out of hell to take the chance of attacking him.
    Oohh! I did think maybe it was a sexual reference- with the vaseline as a lubricant and well the fire hose- I kept thinking of actual "fire" not the "hose" itself. I just a had a mental block. Now I get it- Wow- gosh I really missed that one. Its a good but really nasty joke, though. Dang.
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

  17. #57
    Renegade Angel Cinderela's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the Mystic
    Posts
    641
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 26 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Here's my random question of the day - I seem to recall several angels over the seasons saying they "can't lie". Is this a literal truth?

    Of course, we all know there are many different ways if deceiving if that is what you are trying to do....not telling all the truth, stating as a fact what is merely opinion, etc. etc.

    But is it true that angels must be literally accurate in what they *do* say?

  18. #58
    I don't get wet Bittersweettwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    With Mulder and Scully!
    Posts
    745
    Thanks
    1,014
    Thanked 404 Times in 349 Posts

    Default

    I can't even recall this being mentioned. So my view on the matter might not be the best, but I would say that the Angels are able to tell lies. We have seen it occur on a number of occasions such as when Uriel lied and made the others think that it was Alastair and the other demons who were killing the Angels, or when Castiel, Zachariah etc lied to Dean and the other Angels about their intentions. In other words pretending that they wanted to stop Lilith when in reality they were allowing it the whole time.

    Hope that clears things up for you
    Livejournal

    Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

  19. #59
    Roadie galathea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Offworld
    Posts
    1,232
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 885 Times in 760 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderela View Post
    Here's my random question of the day - I seem to recall several angels over the seasons saying they "can't lie". Is this a literal truth?

    Of course, we all know there are many different ways if deceiving if that is what you are trying to do....not telling all the truth, stating as a fact what is merely opinion, etc. etc.

    But is it true that angels must be literally accurate in what they *do* say?
    Well, I can only remember one 'angel' say that he doesn't lie and that was Lucifer in Sympathy for the Devil. No other of the angels ever said anything like that. I think it's pretty fair to say that angels in general can lie just as humans do. If we are talking direct lies, i.e. blatantly telling the opposite of what is true: We know that Uriel lied to Dean's face in 'It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester' when he states that Lucifer is no friend of his'. He also lies to Castiel about the revelations he received from 'God' as did Zachariah. Zachariah lies to Dean when he tells him that he will stop the apocalypse and Castiel lies to Dean when he threatens to throw him back to hell if he isn't respectful. Just some examples. Of course the angels do a fair bit of lying by omission as well, not to mention a whole lot of deceiving too.

  20. #60
    Raindrop Obsessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Haven
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Can someone quickly of the top of their head tell me what the title card looks each for each season?
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •