Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Questions - Although Winchesters never get lost & ask for directions, you can!

Thanks

I've never heard of any Supernatural calendars being sold in the UK, Vicky. Alas, the show has a very low profile here, and there is very little merchandise available for it.

Thanks

I really want to watch the new season of supernatural Im missing my weekly dose of the brothers! Does anyone know when they will start showing the third season in the UK?

Thanks

I don't believe ITV have published an airdate yet, but it is unlikely that they will start airing the show before the New Year - it was as late as February last year, I believe, before the ITV2 airing began.

Thanks

OMG thats ages away (lol) Thanks Llywela, I cant believe its that long away!

Thanks

Default The Yellow Eyed Demon as a Ghost?

Okay lame title, but my question today is about the Yellow Eyed Demon and a certain Ghost in Ghost Whisperer. I watched an episode last night of Ghost Whisperer and I noticed Charlie (Delia's husband) looked very alike with the Yellow Eyed demon, execpt of course he didn't have yellow eyes. But I wear they look alike.

So my question is, is the actor who played as the demon the same actor who played as Charlie in Ghost Whisperer?

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
    Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    Okay lame title, but my question today is about the Yellow Eyed Demon and a certain Ghost in Ghost Whisperer. I watched an episode last night of Ghost Whisperer and I noticed Charlie (Delia's husband) looked very alike with the Yellow Eyed demon, execpt of course he didn't have yellow eyes. But I wear they look alike.

So my question is, is the actor who played as the demon the same actor who played as Charlie in Ghost Whisperer?
    This has to go into the Random Questions thread, since it isn't actually a debate topic. So, maybe the mods can move it!

To answer your question: Yes, Charlie Banks in Ghost Whisperer is played by Fredric Lane, our very own YED. He is a well known actor and you've probably seen him in numerous other roles as well.

Thanks

Ah I knew it! I just wasn't totally sure, thanks, what other shows has he been in?

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
    Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    Ah I knew it! I just wasn't totally sure, thanks, what other shows has he been in?
    Here is his IMDB profile so you can have a look.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0499791/

While he is listed as Fredric Lane in Supernatural, his better known screen-name is Fredric Lehne, he was on shows like Lost, Bones, X-Files, CSI, Medium, Cold Case, Crossing Jordan and many many others, including Firefly!

Thanks

Right...I have a music question. What is the song called that Dean is playing at the beginning of Tall Tales? You know, the one where he is lying on Sam's bed, eating, and when Sam asks Dean to turn the music down...he turns it up. What's the song called? It's killing me!

You remind me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power.
    Part of the Welcoming Committee. ♥

Thanks

That song is from the band 'James Gang' and is called Walk Away. The same song already appeared in the episode Route666.

Thanks

Oh right, OK thanks That was driving me crazy

You remind me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power.
    Part of the Welcoming Committee. ♥

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Llywela View Post
    I've never heard of any Supernatural calendars being sold in the UK, Vicky. Alas, the show has a very low profile here, and there is very little merchandise available for it.
    aw i figured. i think i will be amking my own then, aw well at least then it will only include the photies i like

twinned with TheCharmed1

Thanks

Didn't know where else to post this, since the Strike thread is 'deaded' but it might be of interest for people to know, that Jared stated in the Q&A session of the Fangoria convention today, that if the Strike will end soon and they will be able to shoot another 5 or 6 episodes for S3, they will very likely try to salvage the season by mainly dropping the MotW episodes that were planned and instead concentrate on mytharc stories for the remainder of the season, so these plotlines may come to a closure at least.

Thanks

Um....for Thursday's preview of SN (which looks frickin sweet, btw), it says a "FULL NIGHT EVENT". Does that mean we get TWO new Supernaturals and no new Smallvilles?

Thanks

No, there is only one new episode still to air. As I understand it, the CW are airing a re-run of 2.12 Nightshifter in Smallville's slot (are there no more new Smallville's?) followed by SN's final episode until the post-strike run.

Thanks

Oh! Thanks a lot, cause from the trailer, it looked like a two parter.

No, there are three more Smallville's, up to 7.15, but it's on hiatus till March 13th, I think.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
    hi does any body know if a supernatural 2008 calender is avalabel ti buy in the UK? just wondering because i've lloked around and couldn't find one so i considered making my own.
    You can order the 2008 calendar from tvmerch.com and get it shipped to UK, not sure how much the P&P was for a single item as I ordered a fair few things all in one go for my orders. You could try emailing them to see how much the shipping costs would be.

There is quite a lot of merchandise available from this site, mugs, shot glasses, T-Shirts, Calendars, posters, 10x8s etc. You can even buy the replica impala. And trading cards, you know... all the usual merchandise.
    I've got Dean's replica amulet necklace thing, the one he always wear, was a random buy but hey!

But again... there's the shipping you need to think of.

They are the only supplier of official Supernatural merchandise, as far as I am aware.

But, for anyone in the UK attending Asylum in May I think there's going to be some of the merchandise available there. Last year they got a pile of the official merch over for the event and sold loads of the "Winchester Demon Tour" T-shirts, they sold out by the end of the weekend and were referring people to the website. So if you are going to that, you might be able to pick up some merchandise there!

SJ
    xox
    Last edited by slaycandy; 16-02-08 at 06:17 PM.

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Thanks

Just doing a re-run of the seasons and I'm currently half way thru season 2 and a couple of things have cropped up that I never noticed before that made me wonder...

In "Salvation" the mother of the baby that is going to be 6 months old and YED is going to visit says to Sam "Sometimes I just think she can read your mind" (or words to that effect). Is this just foreshadowing of the events of the end of Season 2, or is there more at work here? I mean is it possible that ALL the babies that YED visits on their 6 month birthday already has some kind of supernatural ability when they are born? (I always presumed that the abilities are created by and connected to YED somehow, which is why Sam is showing no ability in S3, after YED's death.) If this is the case then Sam's abilities won't have disappeared would they?

The other thing is in "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" Sam breaks his wrist falling, and is shown with a cast on in the next few episodes. Did Jared actually break his wrist in RL and it was written into the season to explain why he was wearing a cast? I can't see any other reason why it would've been included otherwise, as it has no relation to the story, mytharc or anything else

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ciderdrinker View Post
    Just doing a re-run of the seasons and I'm currently half way thru season 2 and a couple of things have cropped up that I never noticed before that made me wonder...

In "Salvation" the mother of the baby that is going to be 6 months old and YED is going to visit says to Sam "Sometimes I just think she can read your mind" (or words to that effect). Is this just foreshadowing of the events of the end of Season 2, or is there more at work here? I mean is it possible that ALL the babies that YED visits on their 6 month birthday already has some kind of supernatural ability when they are born? (I always presumed that the abilities are created by and connected to YED somehow, which is why Sam is showing no ability in S3, after YED's death.) If this is the case then Sam's abilities won't have disappeared would they?
    The YED tells Sam in All Hell Breaks Loose that there are 'other generations', but we really don't have any information about how it works and why certain children are chosen, if it's because of dormant abilities or potential they already possess, or sheer random chance.

Sam might have convinced himself that his abilities have disappeared with the YED's death, but there isn't really any evidence either for or against that hypothesis, other than wishful thinking. I daresay more will be revealed in time!

The other thing is in "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" Sam breaks his wrist falling, and is shown with a cast on in the next few episodes. Did Jared actually break his wrist in RL and it was written into the season to explain why he was wearing a cast? I can't see any other reason why it would've been included otherwise, as it has no relation to the story, mytharc or anything else
    Yes. Jared broke his wrist filming a stunt a couple of episodes earlier, but worked around the injury until a fall could be written into the script, which is why Sam wears a cast (for about 7 episodes, in all) but there is no big deal made out of it

Thanks

Sam might have convinced himself that his abilities have disappeared with the YED's death, but there isn't really any evidence either for or against that hypothesis, other than wishful thinking. I daresay more will be revealed in time!
    I believe it was the last ep aired that the theory that his abilities hadn't gone anywhere, re-surfaced (by Bobby?) and Sam definately seemed to be stalling. I think it would be fascinating if it turned out that Sam and the "other children like him" were already supernaturally gifted before the YED came to them, and the fall-out of Mary's death was, in-part, Sam's fault, albeit unwittingly. Do we think it's possible then that YED was just using a supernatural "loophole", to recruit his army? How does that fit into the show's mythology? Would a human with a supernatural ability be classed (by an hunter) as something to fight, something other than human, maybe part-demon?

Yes. Jared broke his wrist filming a stunt a couple of episodes earlier, but worked around the injury until a fall could be written into the script, which is why Sam wears a cast (for about 7 episodes, in all) but there is no big deal made out of it
    Thanks, I thought this must've been the case! It was too odd otherwise!

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor