Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Random Questions - Although Winchesters never get lost & ask for directions, you can!

Thanks

In the second S 7 episode I can`t understand something - if Lucifer is not real , then how he drives the car , while Sam was thinking it is Dean ? When the real Dean find Sam in the building , Sam said " I can`t remember to drive ???" If Lucifer is not real , who is driving the car then ???
    maked by plamivasi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _Buffy_ View Post
    In the second S 7 episode I can`t understand something - if Lucifer is not real , then how he drives the car , while Sam was thinking it is Dean ? When the real Dean find Sam in the building , Sam said " I can`t remember to drive ???" If Lucifer is not real , who is driving the car then ???
    Sam was driving the car himself. He simply hallucinates that Lucifer is the one driving him. You even see Sam holding the car keys, when he gets out of the car at the warehouse.
    Last edited by galathea; 02-10-11 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks

Thanks ! I was thinking the same. But still, it was very creepy . It was so real when the other Dean / Lucifer driving the car , not Sam. And I even start to doubt.
    maked by plamivasi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galathea View Post
    Sam was driving the car himself. He simply hallucinates that Lucifer is the one driving him. You even see Sam holding the car keys, when he gets out of the car at the warehouse.
    Yep, exactly, I definitely noticed the keys thing! It's like in the movie "Fight Club"....(spoilers for FC)
    Spoiler:
    where you see the protagonist say in the bathroom overhearing the two people having sex, when in reality he was doing that...
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

I don't get wet Bittersweettwit's Avatar
    Thanks

I figured Id revive this thread since its a production question rather than a in show discussion

I am currently rewatching season five and have noticed in the first few episodes it seems as though there is more music, better production etc than season four which I watched a few months back. Does anyone know if the show had quite a big budget in S5 compared to S4 or did they just learn to manage the money better for this season?
    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweettwit View Post
    I figured Id revive this thread since its a production question rather than a in show discussion

I am currently rewatching season five and have noticed in the first few episodes it seems as though there is more music, better production etc than season four which I watched a few months back. Does anyone know if the show had quite a big budget in S5 compared to S4 or did they just learn to manage the money better for this season?
    As far as I know they did not have a bigger budget in S5. If you're referring to the production value of The End, well, they were only able to realise that episode because they didn't need to produce the sets themselves. They were allowed to use the set of JDM's movie The Watchmen, which had just ceased production.

Thanks

As far as I know they did not have a bigger budget in S5. If you're referring to the production value of The End, well, they were only able to realise that episode because they didn't need to produce the sets themselves. They were allowed to use the set of JDM's movie The Watchmen, which had just ceased production.
    Yeah I had The End in mind since it is next on my rewatch, but it was just the general fact they seemed to be making more use of rock music etc also. My memory of S5 was pretty bad one of the reasons I decided to rewatch because that is just unacceptable when it comes to a season I love And the additional music etc just stood out

That's a really interesting piece of trivia they used the sets from The Watchmen I don't think I've ever seen it to remotely make that connection.
    Livejournal

Thanks

Yeah I had The End in mind since it is next on my rewatch, but it was just the general fact they seemed to be making more use of rock music etc also. My memory of S5 was pretty bad one of the reasons I decided to rewatch because that is just unacceptable when it comes to a season I love And the additional music etc just stood out
    About the rock music ... Eric Kripke is a huge rock fan and the music of the show has always been something close to his heart, just like the Impala. He was very invested in choosing and acquiring the right music for the show. One of Kripke's first 'demands' when he pitched the show to the WB was that he was allowed to use classic rock instead of the kind of generic pop that was predominant in WB shows at the time (and still is, really). And the network complied. If you go back to the first season, you'll see that it has A LOT more rock music than the later seasons, too. Kripke's ability to use classic rock was curbed by the budget cuts when the show moved to the CW.

Thanks

About the rock music ... Eric Kripke is a huge rock fan and the music of the show has always been something close to his heart, just like the Impala. He was very invested in choosing and acquiring the right music for the show. One of Kripke's first 'demands' when he pitched the show to the WB was that he was allowed to use classic rock instead of the kind of generic pop that was predominant in WB shows at the time (and still is, really). And the network complied. If you go back to the first season, you'll see that it has A LOT more rock music than the later seasons, too. Kripke's ability to use classic rock was curbed by the budget cuts when the show moved to the CW.
    Oh no I got that the rock music was all Kripke and thank God for that as I doubt half the scenes involving it would have worked as well as they did without it

I just meant that as far as I know (which admittedly isn't much when it comes to production budgets etc) using such music can be expensive due to needing permission to etc and the show seemed to be making more use of it in these first episodes compared to season four so I wondered had the budget went back up again is all
    Livejournal

Thanks

Oh no I got that the rock music was all Kripke and thank God for that as I doubt half the scenes involving it would have worked as well as they did without it

I just meant that as far as I know (which admittedly isn't much when it comes to production budgets etc) using such music can be expensive due to needing permission to etc and the show seemed to be making more use of it in these first episodes compared to season four so I wondered had the budget went back up again is all
    Yeah, the music licences are very expensive, which is why they used a lot less classic rock than they would have liked. There is a steady decrease of classic rock from S3 onwards. I do know that the budget for S4 was lower than the budget for S3, but I highly doubt that they increased it again in S5.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to galathea For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (06-09-13)