Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Never Ending Discussion Thread...

Thanks

Angel is the first episode of Buffy that really got me into the show.
    First of all, David shirtless.
    Sarah/David chemistry.
    Sweet kiss after funny moment then... hazzah! Angel is a vampire! But how can he be good!?
    Buffy walks in to see Angel standing over her bleeding mother.. cut to: Angel flying out of the window. Awesome!!
    LOL ok, so I don't think this episode measures up quite like later episodes, but it's a good intro to the show.. and is probably responsible for my bangel-ness.

8.5/10

Thanks

I did like the way Angel came out from where the window was, but did Buffy throw him out or did he jump out?. But he didn't fly through the window, more of a desperate measure to leave the building, with a touch of the plummeting thing at the end, and the landing skills of a dying duck.
    Angel liked to sing 'Oh Mandy', using the Angelus method.

Look at it, play with it, then torture it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,202 Times in 2,794 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Illyrian View Post
    I did like the way Angel came out from where the window was, but did Buffy throw him out or did he jump out?. But he didn't fly through the window, more of a desperate measure to leave the building, with a touch of the plummeting thing at the end, and the landing skills of a dying duck.
    I always took it as Buffy throwing him through the window, or striking him which sent him through the window. I don't think it was Angel jumping out the window, as you said he had the landing skills of a dying duck if that was the case, and we know Angel's more graceful than that.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

I liked Angel as an episode, just hated the ending with Darla and the guns; it seemed so out of no where.

Thanks

Yeah, that's a good call, we so rarely see guns in the show, too, but I guess it was such early days that maybe the gun ethos hadn't been fleshed out yet?

Thanks

but I guess it was such early days that maybe the gun ethos hadn't been fleshed out yet?
    Yeah I think thats the case cuz as Im doing the rewatch, Multiple times over seasons 4-6 she states that those things dont help or that "Guns, Never Useful" so It might not be til later that that is pointed out.

Thanks

The 'No Gun' rule on Buffy was pretty funny, but good.
    If they would have talked about it over and over, it would have taken away the free-wheeling fun of the show. I mean, come on...Buffy says guns are 'Never Helpful' but she just lets Xander stand around getting beat up over and over again? I think that poor kid would have found guns helpful. But they would have ruined the show.
    I do like how they toyed with the concept. They introduced The Initiative, but still really didn't want guns on the show, so they gave them Super-Tazers and had them catch the monsters alive for experimentation. Haha!
    Also, the 'No Gun' rule did build to the only scary moments of season six, when Warren catches everyone off guard with his pistol, and Willow catches everyone off guard with her wacky skinless-Warren spell.
    So, yeah, no guns...but if they ever make a movie they should show that poor Xander is the lone human fighting monsters, and has payed the price. He already lost an eye, he should show up in the movie with a bazooka arm, or something.

Library Researcher urbanlegend23's Avatar
    Thanks

Angel (7/10)
    -This episode would get a higher rating had it not gone so drastically wrong in the final act. Darla and the guns was really lame. The rest of the episode was good - not all that memorable to me personally though.

Thanks

Default Angel

Ive never been a fan of Angel.
    Bored me really as not that much took place and the death of Darla was completely pointless.

Actually i think Darlawas completely pointless.
    3/10
    The hardest thing in this world , is to live in it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Veverka View Post
    Yeah, that's a good call, we so rarely see guns in the show, too, but I guess it was such early days that maybe the gun ethos hadn't been fleshed out yet?
    Does anyone rememver when Riley gave Buffy a gun?

She had no clue how to use it and kept shooting everything?
    The hardest thing in this world , is to live in it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffylives. View Post
    Ive never been a fan of Angel.
    Bored me really as not that much took place and the death of Darla was completely pointless.

Actually i think Darlawas completely pointless.
    3/10

Darla as a character was definitely not pointless. She was pretty boring on Buffy's first season, but her storyline in Angel was fascinating and it's when she became an integral part of it that Angel got really great, IMO.

Sunnydale High Student melmel333's Avatar
    Thanks

definetly 8.5/10 . season 1 is one of my favorite seasons
    yes, buffy/ angel kiss . which is aweeeesome . not to mention the end kiss with the song and the scar and amazingnesss.
    darla was not pointless . get a clue. did u even watch the show angel?
    i loved this episode cause it started to move in a new direction, making things complicatedddd and sensuuuaaaalll

mmmmm . such a yummy episode

Thanks

I liked "Angel". I loved the line "I can walk like a man, but I'm not one" and I loved how she bared her neck to him. How can you not love that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melmel333 View Post
    season 1 is one of my favorite seasons
    Really? That's probably the first time I've ever heard that comment about S1...I'd say it's widely considered the show's worst (or I should say, least-great) year.

Thanks

I, Robot - You, Jane (4/10)

The less said about this episode the better. I can't even remember it that well because I've probably only ever watched it twice, but it's pretty terrible for a BtVS episode. The robot at the end was laughably bad. Willow had a few good moments that begin to show Alyson's incredible range, but it's not enough to make up for the terrible monster-of-the-week story.

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Even the worst episodes have good moments. The ending of I Robot with them realizing that all their relationships are doomed is comedic greatness.

Thanks

can we move on to the next one, if so..

The puppet show 5/10

me personally i think its a pretty poor episode, some funny moments with the scoobies, particularly shy willow on stage and the very last scene is pretty funny, oh and have to mention coredelia singing the greatest love of all and giles rection, classic, other than that its not the best there wasnt much point to the episode

Thanks

The Puppet Show 4/10

I'm not overly keen on most of Season 1 but this is definately one of my least favourites. I quite like the final scene and Cordelia singing too but I think it is still very weak compared to most episodes of Buffy.

Thanks

I actually quite liked The Puppet Show. I mean its not anything special but not a lot was in Season One. It's not great but I think its the best episode in Season One that is not about moving the Master plot-line along besides maybe The Pack or Nightmares.

6/10
    Last edited by Saro49; 28-09-08 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to put score.

Thanks

The Puppet Show (7/10)

They make a ventriloquist-dummy episode a lot less stupid than it had any right to be. There's some good comedy and surprising plot twists here.