Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Comfort Zone: My Favourite Part Of BF

Thanks
    Thanked 3,906 Times in 1,843 Posts

Gotta be about moving forward, like a shark... I spend most of my time on the Season 8 and "After the Fall" sub-forums! It's so much fun to have new Buffy to talk about and speculate on.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

My two favorite sections are the VIP section, where we special and crazy folks can post all the nonsense we want without any punishment and the Misc. section where we end up having tons of debates. Its always fun to see whose buttons we can push and its always fun to learn the opinions of others on here.

Thanks

My favourite section has to be the Fanart thread, I love posting in there when I can and doing feedback, and love doing the challenges too, Although I have been a bit distant lately.

Gotta say though, I've also loved chatting in the Chuck & Moonlight threads lately too!! Hopefully the chat in there will pick up again sometime in the future, *sighs* Oh well!!

*huggles to all*
    SJ
    xox

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Thanks

Gotta be the fanart section for me. I just love everything about it. They are a right friendly bunch over there, full of wonderful help and advice. I do occasionally go into the games thread as well but all those games going on at the same time kinda confuses me (which wouldn't be hard LOL).

Thanks

Definitely the Buffy forum and Season 8. There is always something interesting to talk about, or pick apart, on Buffy. Plus, new Buffy = many more "something interestings."
    Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
    Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Thanks

I love the fan art section, its ace, and all the help you get, I don't know where Id be with my art and site if wasn't for this place, so that's got to be my favourite part, but I like to read everyone else's thoughts on different shows, so i just like to lurk everywhere

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galathea View Post
    Oh, I hope to meet some of the VIPs as well. I already met Francy and Kirsi (a member that isn't active anymore) and I really hope to meet especially the UK folks, since that is probably the only area that I can realistically think of travelling to with relative ease LOL
    Lol, maybe when I visit Switzerland someday (maybe even next year) I can drop by! I'd like to meet more people, there's only one person on BF I know in the real world as well...

I have to admit that I developed a general dislike for Joss Whedon as a show creator that makes me hesitant to get into any other show that he might invent. Now, what I read about the premise of 'Dollhouse' in itself didn't really tickle me, although I love Eliza Dushku. I know though that if it becomes a huge success on the board and most of my friends here get into it, I might still watch it in order to be able to have an opinion and talk with them about it. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
    Yeah, I think I know what you mean--especially as far as how he handled ATS season 5, etc....and "Dollhouse's" plot just sounded weird, but I'd watch if it was on....

Quote Originally Posted by slaycandy View Post
    My favourite section has to be the Fanart thread, I love posting in there when I can and doing feedback, and love doing the challenges too, Although I have been a bit distant lately.

Gotta say though, I've also loved chatting in the Chuck & Moonlight threads lately too!! Hopefully the chat in there will pick up again sometime in the future, *sighs* Oh well!!

*huggles to all*
    SJ
    xox
    Yeah, I'd like to discuss more Moonlight as well!

And are those pics of you as a little kid in your banner set?! Adorable!
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sherrilina View Post
    Lol, maybe when I visit Switzerland someday (maybe even next year) I can drop by! I'd like to meet more people, there's only one person on BF I know in the real world as well...
    Cori lives in Switzerland I'm in Germany, but it's not THAT far a travel over I wished we could have some sort of BF convention

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sherrilina View Post

And are those pics of you as a little kid in your banner set?! Adorable!
    Lol, yip that's me as a kid. It's also the layout over at my photo gallery site Spun Crazy, heh. I was doing photo collages for my birthday with my mum and thought, ah what the hell! Let's re-do my site while I'm at it, lol.

Am about to upload photos from tonight, so will be back to share my cake with all those who want to see it, lol.... it can be a joint birthday cake, lol.

SJ
    xox

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galathea View Post
    Oh, I hope to meet some of the VIPs as well. I already met Francy and Kirsi (a member that isn't active anymore) and I really hope to meet especially the UK folks, since that is probably the only area that I can realistically think of travelling to with relative ease LOL
    Well if you ever find yourself at a UK convention you know to look out for me! I'm at most events working these days and only miss a few here and there... :P And remember there's still tickets to the Supernatural UK event in May with Jared, Katie Cassidy, Chad Linberg (Ash) & Samantha Ferris (Ellen) - along with musical guests Jason Manns & Steve Carlson. Heh. I won't be workng this event it's a different company, but it's Supernatural all the same! And it was at last year's Asylum event that I met up with Liz, hee. Soz, I can't help but advertise sometimes, it's in my blood or something!

Aparantly Dan saw me working at one of the events, but never came over to say howdy, aww.

But if anyone ever does see me - I totally welcome people coming over to say howdy! Heh.

SJ
    xox

Thanks

Well, most of my time is spent in Smallville/Supernatural/Hereos, you may have noticed that it looks like I haven't been there for a bit but I have, just been lurking, since Supernatural started up again I may be posting my reviews from Australia. My other comfort zone is Other shows and occasionally General Buffy discussion.

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
    Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Thanks

Well, like a lot of you above, I'm a total fanart whore! I can't stay away! Fan art is like life to me!

Of course, Buffy, Angel, Other Shows, Buffy S8 and Angel S6 take up a lot of my time, too!

VIP land is my lifeline - always can count on a smile from my buds there!

As you can tell, BF is my online refuge, sanctuary and essential daily cure for whatever ails me!

This is my online life!

Drunkface McCord little albatross's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup, yup! The fanart community here is much love It's the one section I cannot go a day without checking, even in those horrible times where posts are few and far between. I'm sure that most of my posts are in the VIP chat threads, but fanart is the area where most of my thought and work goes- actually making something, and then posting feedback for other artists (or you know, trying to set a record for longest challenge post ever )

Out of all the other sections, my favorite is definitely Smallville. It helps fill the void of losing Buffyworld's Veronica Mars section (it would completely fill the hole, if I had a Clark/Chloe thread for me to haunt You know, as an almost replacement for the LoVe thread? Or Chloe/Ollie...whatever!)
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Thanks

I had stated this earlier in a funnier fashion but I guess I'll just state it how it is. My little nest is in the games and Buffy sections. It's where most of my peeps hang so I'm able to talk to them whenever. There's a certain bunch of us who are constant in the games section and we've all gotten to know eachother pretty well. Some more than others. All of us know what eachother's favorite episodes are and the way we vote on things so we'll call on eachother when we need some help with a certain game being played. It's a tight knit little group but we always welcome more gamers so if you want to come on over and join in on the fun we're always there to participate with you. (You know one of us gamers had to plug the section come on now ) I do jump around the forum these days. More so to the Old Shows section and the fanart section but I wouldn't consider myself an avid poster there yet. Maybe in the future. So yeah that's where I'm at if ya ever need to find me.
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Thanks

What I like about the forum is the fanart section, fanfic section, the threads for Smallville and Supernatural and the VIP. Thoughly lately- I've been looking forward to reading the responses to specific episodes in the Supernatural thread. They're well written.

And everyone rocks in the VIP. Its always good to chat with everyone throughout different parts of the world.
    Banner by Digital Leonardo

Thanks

Hahaha I've joked with people that while I am familiar with a lot of the VIP people, I will never make it myself because I'm such a lurker. I work a lot and don't get as much time to really browse and post as much as I would like. But anyone who knows me knows where my heart lies. The entire reason I joined BWF was for the fanart challenges. After the shows ended, the challenge sites really died out, and challenges have always been one of my main muses, and pushed me to do more, and try more. I was lost without challenges. I think it was Dana who recommended me to join the forum, so I did, and the rest is less than thrilling history. I used to enter almost every fanart challenge, I don't have the time that I would like to make art anymore, but I am still a regular in the art community and I enter as often as possible. Without the fanart challenges section, I might not have met some of the people that make my online world go round (like Bre, Lyn, and Joe. Dana, don't say anything, I've known your silly self since like 2004, so it was LONG before any forum joining of any kind.)

Anyway. Long story... long. You can always find me stepping out of my lurker-ness to enter fun and interesting challenges.

and in other news, I must say, though I don't get to post often. I am a stalker of Vampmogs who always has the most insightful, well thought out, and awesome things to say on any subject. I'm just sayin.
    Last edited by Amber; 13-02-08 at 07:04 AM.