View Poll Results: Which Buffyverse couples fully 'made sense' they were together?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darla/Angel

6 66.67%
  • Angel/Drusilla

2 22.22%
  • Spike/Drusilla

5 55.56%
  • Buffy/Angel

3 33.33%
  • Giles/Jenny

5 55.56%
  • Xander/Cordeila

4 44.44%
  • Willow/Oz

5 55.56%
  • Xander/Willow

4 44.44%
  • Xander/Anya

5 55.56%
  • Spike/Harmony

2 22.22%
  • Buffy/Riley

0 0%
  • Willow/Tara

7 77.78%
  • Wesley/red-headed wealthy person (name?)

2 22.22%
  • Spike/Buffybot

1 11.11%
  • Buffy/Spike

7 77.78%
  • Angel/Cordelia

4 44.44%
  • Gunn/Fred

4 44.44%
  • Wesley/Lilah Morgan

4 44.44%
  • Willow/Kennedy

1 11.11%
  • Wesley/Fred

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Screenrant: BtVS: 5 Couples That Are Perfect Together (& 5 That Make No Sense)

Thanks

Default Screenrant: BtVS: 5 Couples That Are Perfect Together (& 5 That Make No Sense)

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

https://screenrant.com/buffy-vampire...rible-couples/

Buffy The Vampire Slayer remains one of the most beloved TV shows in popular culture and features some of the most iconic couples from the 90s. Buffy Summers herself was a feminist icon, a character who fell in love and fell out of it, growing into her power as the Slayer as the series progressed.

The characters of the Buffyverse are beloved by fans, and their romantic arcs have inspired countless fanfics and forum discussions. Some relationships have been divisive, with Buffy and Spike's epic romance being particularly controversial, whereas others have been undeniable matches made in heaven. Here are five couples from Buffy The Vampire Slayer who are perfect for each other and five who make no sense.

10 Perfect: Spike & Drusilla

Spike and Drusilla arrived in Sunnydale during the second season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer as the vampiric Bonnie and Clyde. Before Spike's redemption arc he was a definite bad guy, and he and Drusilla suited each other in terms of deranged devotion.

Spike was besotted with his sire Drusilla and both matched each other in terms of their disregard for human life. Luckily, Spike was redeemed throughout the series, winning back his soul in season seven.

9 Made No Sense: Buffy & Riley

Riley was Buffy's squeeze in seasons four and five and met the Slayer at college whilst hiding his own double life as a member of the Initiative. Buffy and Riley lacked the chemistry of her other relationships with Angel and Spike and were one of the show's more boring couples.

Riley represented a degree of normalcy that a part of Buffy wanted. However, as she began to reconnect with her spiritual heritage as the Slayer in season five, she and Riley emotionally drifted apart.

8 Perfect: Giles & Jenny

Giles and Jenny were one of the show's most adorable couples, and it was heartening to see the Watcher so happy and in love. This only made their tragic fate that much worse, as Angelus murdered Jenny after she had discovered a way to recurse him with his soul, leaving her body in Giles' bed for the grief-stricken librarian to find.

Regardless of their awful fate, Giles and Jenny were one of Buffy's most perfect couples. They complimented and challenged each other, and there was no doubt that they cared about each other deeply.

7 Made No Sense: Cordelia & Xander

The mismatched personalities of Xander and Cordelia were a running gag throughout their relationship, but unfortunately, it signaled that their love was never going to last. Both characters were too different, and Xander still harbored feelings for Buffy and Willow that drove the couple apart.

This worked out well for both characters though. Cordelia was a valuable addition to Angel and grew as a person whilst living in Los Angeles, and Xander was free to pursue love with Anya.

6 Perfect: Xander & Anya

Xander and Anya shared much more chemistry than his other relationships, and both characters grew exponentially while they were together. Xander helped his former demonic girlfriend embrace her humanity, and in turn, fell in love with her quirky ways.

Sadly, Xander and Anya's love was also doomed. The two characters faced many struggles and nearly married in season six's "Hells Bells," before Anya's death in the final battle against the First Evil.

5 Made No Sense: Xander & Faith

Xander and Faith were as mismatched as Xander and Cordelia, though this didn't prevent them from having a brief fling in season three. Both characters are dramatically different, however, and any romance between them was fleeting.

Xander loses his virginity to Faith in "The Zeppo," though he finds the experience lacking due to a lack of emotional investment on Faith's part. The two become grudging allies again in the final season when they battle the First Evil.

4 Perfect: Willow & Tara

Willow and Tara were one of Buffy's most iconic and adorable couples. The two witches came together in season four and gradually fell in love, sharing some of the show's most loving and emotional scenes.

Unfortunately, they are another doomed couple. Tara was shot by Warren in season six's "Seeing Red," which prompted Willow's transition to Dark Willow as she absorbed dark magic and killed Warren in vengeance.

3 Made No Sense: Willow & Kennedy

Perhaps it was because this pairing had a lot to live up to following Willow's relationship with Tara, but Willow and Kennedy lacked chemistry and often felt forced. Kennedy was more aggressive and outspoken than Tara, and she and Willow were mismatched.

Willow's relationship with Kennedy didn't appear to progress naturally, and it felt as though the two characters were put together to reaffirm that Willow was still gay. Kennedy's character is divisive amongst Buffy fans, many of whom resent her for replacing Tara.

2 Perfect: Buffy & Angel

Buffy and Angel's romance was the original love story of the show. Angel made his first appearance in the pilot episode as a mysterious figure who warns Buffy of impending danger, and the two slowly fall in love as the series progresses.

Buffy and Angel's relationship could never have lasted, with Angel being a vampire and Buffy a Slayer. However, he was Buffy's first (and possibly true) love, and their relationship was instrumental in their character arcs.

1 Made No Sense: Spike & Harmony

Harmony was Spike's rebound after the vampire's relationship with Drusilla imploded. Like Xander and Cordelia, both characters were hilariously mismatched, and their 'love' was a brief fling born from convenience that was never going to last.

Harmony invested more emotion into this pairing, as a vulnerable newly turned vampire struggling to find her feet in Sunnydale. Her character may have begun as a shallow and mean crony of Cordelia's and become a semi-antagonist for Buffy and the gang, but her emancipation from Spike was oddly liberating. https://screenrant.com/buffy-vampire...rible-couples/
    I generally agree with list except:

* (1) Spike/Drusilla were the most perfect couple.

Buffy moves on from Angel (to Riley?) to Spike. It takes around the new school year i.e. 3 months for Buffy to move on from Angel's dying and then Angel's leaving. It takes literally years for Buffy to merely have sex with someone else after "Chosen" (B 7.22) and Season 8 and Season 9 show Buffy never moved on from Spike.

Buffy doesn't seem to perhaps even once think about Angel in BtVS S6 until at the end of "Flooded" (B 6.04) when she's told Angel knows she's back and wants to see her. And the Buffy/Angel meeting clearly didn't go well.

Season 8.

Regarding Spike/Dru: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...year-honeymoon

Spike from "Crush" (B 5.14) on--I reason post-Season 9 cannot be canon--prefers Buffy to Dru. But Spike still loves Dru and is still attracted to Dru. And Spike is still the love of Dru's life and Dru wants to be with Spike again.

* (2) Spike/Harmony makes sense when you realize or acknowledge that Harmony Kendall is a Buffy stand-in for Spike. Harmony's being with Spike makes perfect sense simply given Spike's status in the supernatural world and his looks and power.

EDIT regarding poll options:

Regarding the poll:

The following were never ‘couples’; so, I didn’t include them as options:

Spike/Darla: implied they perhaps even regularly had sex, but likely neither considered they were ever a couple

Darla/Drusilla: implied they had sex, but I’m not sure either would consider they were ever a couple

Dracula/Anyanka: it seems they only had sex.

Drusilla/Chaos Demon

Xander/Faith

Giles/Joyce

Cordelia/Wesley

Buffy/Parker

Giles/Olivia: were they ever a couple? They seems more like ‘friends with benefits’ at-most, and maybe even simply f-buddies. Giles in “Restless” (B 4.22) seems to want they to be a couple.

Cordelia/Doyle: I don’t consider they were ever an actual couple. He literally heroically dies before they could become a couple.

There was only room for 20 options. I don’t know if Fred/Knox even ever had sex. I could have included Buffy/Scott Hope, but that’s either leave off Wesley/red-headed wealthy person or Spike/Buffybot, and I consider those couples actually more important to the Buffyverse. And I guess you can list possibly canonical comics stuff below in your post.

I consider these Buffyverse Season 8 - Season 9 and Angel S6 couples fully 'make sense':

Spoiler:
    Spike/Maria Harley aka Spider

Spike/Illyria: they were only in a quasi-relationship

Buffy/Satsu: although, I'm not sure they could be considered a couple

Willow/Snake Lady

Xander/Dawn: I consider it very creepy given Xander's 'known' Dawn since she was around 8 years old and given Dawn is simply the Key formed to look like Dawn. But Dawn used to have a crush on Xander and Spike would never choose her over Buffy and Dawn was relatively anti-Spike from "Grave" (B 6.22) to when Spike helps save her in late Season 9.

I would be okay with:

Spike/Beck: if Spike: Asylum , Spike: Shadow Puppets , and Spike are canon, they have some kind of relationship. Theirs kissing is a 'big deal' to Drusilla; so, Dru considered Spike/Beck a real threat to Spike/Dru.

However, it doesn't seem Spike would prefer Beck over Buffy and it seems Spike would simply have Beck as one of his 'harem' when he gets Spider and Co. back. Beck could be his girlfriend like Spider was.

Spike/Morgan: this could have been very interesting. Morgan in ways is a better version of a combined Drusilla and Buffy. Maybe Spike can gets his bugship back and this could happen. Morgan could also share Spike with Beck and Spider and Co.

Spike: Sane Drusilla or even Souled Drusilla. Spike was happier with Dru than he was with Buffy. He considers the sex with Buffy better, but he's clearly still very attracted to Dru. For anyone who considers Season 10, Season 11, and Season 12 can actually be canon: Spike/Sane Dru or even Spike/Souled Dru is a no-brainer. Buffy and Spike break up after Season 11? That makes around zero sense.

EDIT #2:

* I didn't vote Wesley/Fred because it didn't make full sense. Here's the main reason: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...Fred-Yes-or-No

Fred chose Gunn over Wesley. And then Fred chose Knox over Wesley. Spike and Fred were clearly attracted to each other and their coupling would have been much more interesting and better than Wes/Fred.

EDIT #3:

https://screenrant.com/buffy-the-vam...ip-best-worst/

I'm not making a thread on this because while an interesting read, it seems to ignore BtVS S7 Buffy/Spike or pretend that BtVS S7 Buffy/Spike didn't happen (a major problem with Season 10).

EDIT #4:

https://screenrant.com/buffy-vampire...rted-rejected/

This author doesn't seem to know--or is simply pretending not to know--that Buffy/Spike is actually THE most popular relationship in the Buffyverse among the viewership and fans.

The author lists Xander/Anya as supported by fans. But fans mostly don't care much about Xander/Anya. Many actually wanted Xander/Cordelia to reunite. And the best part and more important part of both "Hells Bells" (B 6.16) and "Selfless" (B 7.05) is the Buffy/Spike stuff.
    Last edited by MikeB; 03-12-19 at 07:35 AM. Reason: added stuff

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

flow (03-12-19),Priceless (03-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 4,401 Posts

Wesley's redheaded girlfriend was called Virginia

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

MikeB (03-12-19),Puppet (03-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,451 Times in 2,876 Posts

To be honest, I'm not sure what a relationship "making sense" even really means. The article didn't really help me as they seem to be discussing the long term compatibility of couples but that's quite a different thing then claiming couples, even short term ones, don't make sense. There's very few, if any, couples in the Buffyverse that don't make sense to me, as there's usually a pretty understandable reason why the two characters get together in the first place.

For example, Spike/Harmony are pretty incompatible and were destined to fail but I can completely understand why they got together. Harmony clearly thought Spike was attractive and liked the attention and even back as a human she was prone to falling for guys who treat her horribly ("Cody Weinberg called me at home last night... The very one. Said he's thinking of asking me to the pledge dance on Thursday... Yeah, there's just two other girls he's gonna ask first, and if they refuse, then I'll..."). And Spike was clearly reeling from being dumped by Drusilla agin and was using Harmony as a rebound as he found her attractive, enjoyed having sex with her, and could treat her like trash and take his hurt and anger over Drusilla out on her. I also thought he just craved some form of companionship and as much as he found Harmony irritating a part of him did like how she fawned over him.

It can also simply be that couples find each other attractive. I think what drew Cordy/Xander together initially was UST and that this was greatly heightened when put in life or death situations as we saw in What's My Line and when they reconciled in Anne. Once they were actually together real feelings developed the more they got to know each other. I thought it especially made sense for Cordelia as in Out of Mind, Out of Sight she admits to feeling like those around her don't really care or even listen to her and getting to spend time with Xander and the Scoobies who were actually a really caring and authentic friendship group would have been really appealing to her in comparison. But initially? Good old fashioned teenage hormones and it really doesn't need to be any more complex than that.

Admittedly the one relationship I do have trouble understanding is Willow/Kennedy. Willow doesn't exhibit any signs of being attracted to Kennedy, she's uncomfortable with her advances in Showtime and does not appear remotely tempted or interested in spite of herself, and she seems visibly irritated by Kennedy in The Killer In Me. However, if I'm being really cynical, I can still reconcile Willow entering a relationship with her simply on the grounds that Kennedy's relentless pursuit of her wore Willow down to the point she gave in. If I'm being slightly more generous I would say that Willow was enamoured by Kennedy's flirtation when actually getting to spend one-on-one time with her and that she was charmed and flattered by Kennedy's intense interest in her and admiration (the Moulin Rouge DVD etc).

Practically all the relationships make sense. Some are deeper than others and some relationships are more compatible in the long run but that's really not the same thing.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

flow (03-12-19),Silver1 (03-12-19),Skippcomet (04-12-19),Sosa lola (04-12-19),StateOfSiege97 (03-12-19),Stoney (03-12-19),TimeTravellingBunny (03-12-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 788 Posts

Buffy/Spike is actually THE most popular relationship in the Buffyverse among the viewership and fans
    Willow/Tara and Buffy/Angel are more popular. Buffy/Spike is a divisive pairing with a poor mass audience reception as evidenced by the disappointing ratings of season 6 and 7.

Thanks

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure what a relationship "making sense" even really means.
    I used the phrase "fully 'made sense' they were together" for the poll because "near perfect" and especially "perfect" was too narrow for me for such a poll.

The article seems much more binary: 'made near perfect sense' or 'didn't make near perfect sense'.

For example, Spike/Harmony are pretty incompatible
    I used to say that Spike/Harmony is comparable to Buffy/Riley.

* Being friends with Buffy made Xander 'cooler' than he otherwise would be: that's canon. Were not for that Buffy-Xander connection, Xander/Cordelia would have never happened.

* I consider Willow/Kennedy made more sense than Buffy/Riley. Riley literally needed to be told by his best friends that he was interested in Buffy. For her part, Buffy shows around zero interest in Riley until the end of "The Initiative" (B 4.07).

Willow/Kennedy simply made sense in terms of they being the only 2 lesbians and Kennedy's wanting power in Buffy and Co.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,036 Times in 5,809 Posts

I'm in agreement with Mogs in being able to see why all the couples happened when they did. So in terms of making sense, they all did, so I really disagree with the screenrant list for including the 5 that didn't. As for seeing some relationships as 'perfect' that's pretty subjective.

If we consider the relationships for having a positive impact on both people in the pairing, then there are quite a few that were strong matches. If we want them to stay together long term and always be happy together, then are there any!? I think that Spike and Dru were a strong couple in vampiric terms, accepting that they would have different boundaries and expectations than typical human ones. This is greatly why Buffy and Spike weren't a healthy relationship whilst he was unsouled of course. But critically viewing them, it wasn't a positive relationship as plagued by jealousy and infidelity as it was. It is a relationship I often think is idealised in fandom because of the length of time they were together and the negative, manipulative aspects ignored.

Buffy and Spike in S7 had a much healthier dynamic than when he was unsouled of course and this only steadily improved and strengthened over the canon comic continuation. Even when they had broken up in the final season they were shown to be wanting to play an ongoing positive part in each other's lives. As a couple I think they worked well in the end. Similarly Buffy and Angel have proven to have a special bond that has remained solid over the years, despite going through some very difficult times and I think that speaks of how close they are. They didn't really get the chance to test their romantic relationship long term, were together when they were both still very first walking their paths as heroes and Buffy was so young, so it's hard to judge how they would have fared. Similarly Jenny and Giles had strengths and weaknesses but didn't really get the chance to be together long enough to really judge how strong they were as a couple. So with these as examples I think the screenrant wish to label some as 'perfect' really doesn't work. But in terms of strong relationships that had solid potential, there were quite a few (and if you consider vampiric social boundaries when judging those formed between two vamps too). Some lasted longer than others but quite a few had the potential to be longer term ones. In regards to which 'made sense', they all did.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

flow (03-12-19),StateOfSiege97 (03-12-19),TimeTravellingBunny (03-12-19)

Thanks

All caught up.

a thing of evil

Willow/Tara and Buffy/Angel are more popular. Buffy/Spike is a divisive pairing with a poor mass audience reception as evidenced by the disappointing ratings of season 6 and 7.
    UPN had a smaller network than the WB. In fact, when the WB and UPN merged to become the CW, it simply kept the WB affiliates and spun off the UPN ones.

BtVS S6 had the best ratings in terms of the demographics and that’s why it’s the only directly profitable Season for the network—and that’s with the HUGE premium that UPN was paying over the WB.

The second-best ratings in terms of demographics is BtVS S5. Essentially, BtVS S5 went from a strong male demographic in BtVS S5 to a strong female demographic in BtVS S6.

Finally, several million have watch BtVS for the first time after 2003 A.D. Buffy/Spike has remained the most popular ‘ship.

BtVS S7 suffered from a huge boycott by Willow/Tara ‘shippers, estimated at around 1MM. BtVS S7 was also very boring on air and Buffy/Spike don’t even have a single on-screen kiss.

Buffy/Angel may be more known by the general public than Buffy/Spike, but the actual viewers overall prefer Buffy/Spike.

Saying Willow/Tara is more popular than Buffy/Spike is simply silly.

In addition, BtVS S2 had Spike and Spike/Dru and BtVS S3 had Faith. By BtVS S6, BtVS only had Buffy/Spike. Comparing the ratings for BtVS S3 and BtVS S7 has always been silly.

Stoney

[Spike/Dru] is a relationship I often think is idealised in fandom because of the length of time they were together and the negative, manipulative aspects ignored.
    WHAT?!!

In fandom, Spike/Dru is often simply discussed in ways not based on canon. People still say Dru loved Angel more, even though that’s directly opposed to canon.

All evidence points to Angel/Dru did not have sex in 1998 A.D. Yet, I assume people still believe they did.

Spike/Dru are happy from “School Hard” (B 2.03) to the end of “What’s My Line Part II” (B 2.10). And that’s a low point in their relationship given Dru is dying and given Spike is interested in Buffy.

Even Angel/Darla isn’t comparable given “Angel” (B 1.07) and given the Angel current day stuff is because of Jasmine.

Even arguably the most prominent ‘Spuffy’ in the world—Jane Espenson—knows Spike still loves Dru. And Espenson lobbied Joss to have “Chosen” (B 7.22) more ‘Buffy/Spike’ and wanted the end of Angel S5 having Spike going to Europe so that Spike could be with Buffy again.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 1,754 Posts

As far as Willow/Kennedy is concerned I think the issue was simply that AH and IL had no chemistry on screen. I don't really think they did not work or did not make sense. If you regard the comics as canon they stayed together much longer than you usually do for a rebound and they actually had their sweet moments. I wouldn't say I was heartbroken when they finally broke up. It made sense that Willow found out she wanted more - or someone else - but that doesn't mean their relationship made no sense right at all from the start.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

13. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (03-12-19)

Thanks

All caught up.

* On-screen chemistry is important though--that's probably THE main reason Buffy/Riley didn't make much sense. And that chemistry is compared to the reminder of Sarah Michelle Gellar/David Boreanaz chemistry that we see in "I Will Remember You" (A 1.08) and the chemistry we see between Sarah Michelle Gellar/James Marsters in "Pangs" (B 4.08) and especially "Something Blue" (B 4.09).

James Marsters's name became known to the public after "Something Blue" (B 4.09) aired.

Willow/Kennedy had other problems than lack of on-screen chemistry though. Oz and Tara didn't try to lead the Scoobies, didn't try to get Willow to usurp Buffy, etc. And arguably both Oz and Tara were much more useful to the Scoobies than Kennedy was. Kennedy wasn't even the best Potential Slayer--that'd be Amanda. And then certainly Kennedy wasn't a special Slayer outside of her financial resources. Dana, Satsu, Simone Doffler, Genevieve, etc. would each relatively easily beat her.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 4,401 Posts

Chemistry seems to be very much in the eye of the beholder. I personally think Spike/Buffy have amazing chemistry, but I know others who think the opposite. I also think Willow/Kennedy had good chemistry but people seem to dislike that relationship a lot. I think the viewers own emotional needs and attachments to the characters play such a big part in their opinion of chemistry that it's hard to judge.

I thought all the chemistry in Buffy/Angel came from Buffy, and that on AtS Angel had far more chemistry with Cordy and Darla than he had with Buffy on BtVS.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

bespangled (04-12-19),flow (04-12-19)

Thanks

All caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Chemistry seems to be very much in the eye of the beholder.
    To a point. It's similar with beauty. For example, it's simply fact that James Marsters and Juliet Landau have on-screen chemistry and it's fact that both are physically good-looking.

I personally think Spike/Buffy have amazing chemistry, but I know others who think the opposite.
    It's fact that Buffy/Spike have amazing chemistry. At-most, one can argue that SMG/David on-screen kissing is better than SMG/James on-screen kissing--because that's simply preference.

I think the viewers own emotional needs and attachments to the characters play such a big part in their opinion of chemistry that it's hard to judge.
    It's largely the opposite. Buffy/Angel was largely so popular because of the chemistry between the actors, the audience knowing the actors liked each other and were friends, etc.

And same with Buffy/Spike.

The story helped Willow/Tara given they don't even have an on-screen kiss until "The Body" (B 5.16).

I thought all the chemistry in Buffy/Angel came from Buffy, and that on AtS Angel had far more chemistry with Cordy and Darla than he had with Buffy on BtVS.
    There really wasn't much actual Angel/Cordy in Angel . Buffy/Angel scenes were better. Angel/Darla scenes were allowed to be more 'sexy' and 'hot' than Buffy/Angel scenes in BtVS and in "I Will Remember You" (A 1.08). It's arguable Darla/Lindsey had better chemistry than Angel/Darla.

* One of the 'production' things about Spike/Dru is that Juliet Landau had both a 'No Nudity Clause' and a 'No Sex Scene Clause' in her contracts for the Buffyverse. That's why we never see a Spike/Dru sex scene. The relationship is still beautiful, but it allows Buffy/Spike to be sexier simply because Buffy/Spike had sex scenes.

And then SMG essentially told the writers/producers that she wasn't getting naked in BtVS S6; so, Buffy/Spike sex scenes are relatively tame compared to even Buffy/Riley sex scenes. Of course, in dailies you can see SMG does show skin, but just not in the actual sex scenes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

flow (04-12-19)

Thanks

The redhead Wes dated is named Virginia Bryce.

Note:
    Who i voted for is out of the possible (canon) choices. My personal favorites are different and not all canon.

* I voted for Xander twice in error. My intended choice was Xander/Anya, even though he did not always deserve her, she was good for him and the were fun together. I wish they had got to do the grown up thing and work through stuff. Anya did not have to die. Andrew should have died. We already lost Spike, that was enough!

* I would have voted for Willow/Tara before Willow began abusing her. It was a groundbreaking portrayal of a magical relationship and helped and touched a lot of LGBTQ people. Then Joss and co destroyed it. What Willow did was the moral equivalent of roofieing Tara. That is rape.

My favs are:
    • Buffy/Spike
    • Fred/Gunn
    • Ethan/Giles
    • Angel/Cordelia
    • Angel/Xander

Yes, i know, the last three on my list did not happen in canon, but in fanfic &/or my own writings, i love them, especially Giles and Ethan. (Angel And Cordy never actually got together, but i enjoyed them together and I think Angel needs someone confrontational, not worshipful!)

Honorable mention: Robin/Faith and Xander/Dawn. They could be so good together and so much fun getting there!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,235 Times in 862 Posts

Mike - So where is Angel/Spike? It's canon, and according to Joss it was a full blown relationship back in the day. I'm surprised that even in your discussion of Darla/Dru etc you don't even mention them.

I had a lot of difficulty figuring what type of relationship makes sense. Two hot vampires cruising the mean streets of St. Petersberg - hell, yes. A 250 years old emotionally disturbed and severely depressed vampire with a 16 year old high school girl who happen to be the slayer - bit harder to make sense of.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Puppet (04-12-19)