Thread: Episode or arc ideas

Thanks
    Thanked 9,415 Times in 2,869 Posts

Default Episode or arc ideas

Hi guys

Willow from Buffy posted a video in the 'Buffy Youtube Reactions' thread about Out of Mind, Out of Sight and the woman in the video mentioned the idea of Marcie Ross returning as a W&H assassin and confronting AtS Cordelia again. I thought it was a great idea for an episode and it got me thinking about other episodes, arcs, or even scenes, that you guys would've loved to have seen in the show?

If anyone has any that they'd like to post I'd love to read them

Some of my ideas were;

Episodes:

- Either Buffy goes to LA and visits Hank (or vice versa) and he discovers that she is the Slayer. I'd prefer that this episode took place some time in-between S5-S7 as I would also be interested to see the Hank/Dawn dynamic too. Unlike a lot of fans I have no issue with Hank being retconned into a bad father as I thought it serviced the story well, but I would have liked to see his reaction to Buffy being the Slayer.

- A flashback episode revealing more about Buffy's first year as a Slayer in LA. I absolutely love the flashbacks in Becoming and it always made me sad that we never got more of Buffy's life pre-Sunnydale. Honestly, it kind of surprised me the show avoided going there as it never did explore Merrick or what happened to him. A lot of fans take the movie or Origin comic as canon but I'd much rather have seen it explored on screen. I always imagined this episode taking place in Season 2, in part because that's where the other flashbacks featured, but also due to the fact that the SMG could still realistically portray her pre-S1 self but we'd also have the improved writing, directing, and stunts of Season 2 > Season 1.

- Another episode revolving around the Wishverse. It occurred to me lately that The Wish is immensely popular with fans and that Vampire Willow and Dopplegangland are also really beloved. It's kind of a wasted opportunity that they didn't tap into that alternate reality more and have it feature as a parallel universe alongside the series. There could have perhaps been another episode where another character is transported to that universe only this time they remember it? I don't know exactly but I just think that there were endless opportunities there.

- A crossover episode with Cordy and BtVS. This is a pretty standard wish in fandom but, honestly, the very popular idea of Cordy appearing in BtVS Season 6 to lecture the gang and showoff how much more mature she is makes me pretty nauseous. I'd much rather Cordy show up in Season 4 of Season 5, visions intact, and help the guys with a MotW. There's some great potential there when you consider the reactions of the gang to Cordy's growth but even how Cordy would interact with Anya.

- I wouldn't have minded an episode where Buffy meets Liam or William. You could come up with some sort of spell (similar to Spin the Bottle) where Angel or Spike are reverted back to their human persona. It'd be interesting to see how she reacted to them, how it helped inform her understanding of them, and there's endless comedic opportunities as well.

- More Christmas-themed episodes. I'm forever regretful that we only ever had one. I love Christmas-themed episodes in general and I was also a big fan of Amends. I really wish this had been an annual tradition throughout the series.

Scenes:

- Honestly a lot of my scene ideas revolve around The First and how much potential there was for it to be a truly unnerving and effective villain. My most favourite idea, as horrible as it would've been, was for it to show up as Spike, dressed exactly as he was in Seeing Red, to taunt Buffy about the AR as she was about to run a bath in Season 7. That's the kind of psychological warfare and trauma I think a villain like The First would actually want to enact and not only would it shaken Buffy but it would have ripple effects on her relationship with Spike etc.

- My other ideas around The First would be a scene of it appearing to Buffy as Kendra to torment her about the inevitability of her death, it appearing as Jesse to Xander as originally planned in Conversations With Dead People, it appearing as Glory to Dawn, Ben or Jenny to Giles, or as Hank or Angelus to Buffy. Some of these ideas would not be possible to the availability of the actors (it was hard enough getting The WB to allow DB to crossover for Chosen and Robia would not agree) but I'm sure the other actors would be willing to return.

- I would have really liked a flashback scene in Season 3 between Faith and her Watcher. It would have been really interesting to see the dynamic between Faith and a female Watcher and judging by her brief comments about her in Faith, Hope & Trick it sounded like she was really fond of her.

- I would have liked a scene of Buffy visiting Joyce's gravestone. In fact, I often envisage it being a 'blink and you miss it' type scene of Buffy briefly paying her respects as she passed by it on patrol. Given how frequently Buffy patrolled the cemeteries it would be inevitable that she'd have to pass it often and it would have been a touching and understated moment. If not Joyce, I also would have happily settled for a moment with Buffy reacting to Jenny's tombstone or Tara's. I think I like Jenny the best as it would be a nice callback and the show's way of not forgetting her and it's history.

- I'd have appreciated a flashback of Buffy's funeral. I once read an amazing fanfic where Giles helped prepare Buffy's corpse for her burial and it was really moving and horrific. It always made me yearn for brief flashbacks of how all of that transpired.

I'll stop here for now. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Vamps
    Last edited by vampmogs; 28-11-19 at 10:27 AM.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (28-11-19),Andrew S. (30-11-19),Sosa lola (03-12-19),Stoney (28-11-19),TimeTravellingBunny (01-12-19),Willow from Buffy (28-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,977 Times in 5,795 Posts

I love the ideas of The First as Kendra visiting Buffy and Cordy coming in S5 to help with a vision/motw situation.

I'd quite like to have seen Xander and Angel interact in a later season as Xander had moved on a great deal from the young angst ridden jealous friend he'd often presented around Angel when Angel was in BtVS. One of my favourite things about the canon comics is the dynamic that developed between Spike and Xander. I wouldn't imagine Xander and Angel going the same way towards friendship but I could see them having an episode where they work together really effectively and just get to know each other on a totally different level at another period in their lives. To fit within the full 12 seasons and allow for Angel receiving some of Xander's anger issues during that time, it would have to come at the later end again. It could possibly work as a post canon story as Angel was left staying with them for a time, possibly they could work out the way to get to Illyria together somehow.

I'd also like to have had a scene where Wes and Giles met around the AtS4 period when Wes was a very different person to the naive watcher that arrived in BtVS. Not sure how that would fit in somehow with a crossover but it would have been an interesting scene I think.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (30-11-19),Sosa lola (03-12-19),TimeTravellingBunny (01-12-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 880 Posts

I have never believed there was ever any real intention to have Jesse appear again. Nor do I think it would have been very effective because Xander knew he was dead and for 6 seasons he didn't care. I do think it would have been interesting to have Buffy appear to him because he wouldn't have been able to put 2 and 2 together, perhaps even after they realized who the Big Bad was. It was a missed opportunity to not have First!Buffy appear to anyone aside from Buffy herself and Spike.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (30-11-19),Sosa lola (03-12-19)

Thanks

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* Essentially, my main problems are things that don't make full sense.

WILLOW ROSENBERG

* How Willow Rosenberg convinced her parents that UC Sunnydale was the best school for her. Did her parents know Willow was a powerful witch?

* I consider it a mistake that Willow in Season 9
    Spoiler:
    gave up the Seedling inside her. BtVS S9: Willow is arguably the best thing about Season 8 and Season 9. And Seedling Willow could have made Buffy immortal. Post-"The Gift" (B 5.22), Buffy wasn't close enough to Dawn to trade Dawn in for more magical apocalypses.

WILLIAM PRATT aka WILLIAM THE BLOODY aka SPIKE

* We know so little of Spike's human life that it seems possible Joss Whedon was saving it for a Spike spin-off or whenever Sarah Michelle Gellar decided to leave BtVS and James was second-lead in something else that would last at least a couple Seasons.

- We don't even know if William's father was alive when William sired his mother Anne.

- We don't even know whether William had any siblings.

- We don't know how and why William was so wealthy.

* Where William's money and assets are.

William before Drusilla takes him to see Angel and Darla had abandoned the idea of "lay[ing] waste to all of Europe." "Spike" is a persona. Spike got Drusilla jewelry and dresses. Prior to Sunnydale, it's implied Spike and Drusilla lived very well.

BtVS S4 and BtVS S5 has Spike chipped and getting paid is a convenient way for Spike to be a 'Scooby' without needing to be a 'Scooby'. And Spike's being vulnerable to humans is a convenient way for Spike not to flaunt his wealth.

Spike in BtVS S5 and BtVS S7 dresses well when not in his 'Spike costume'.

Spike in BtVS S7 is supposed to get close to Buffy and he's chipped until after "The Killer in Me" (B 7.13). So, that's a good reason Spike didn't get his own place.

But I like to consider Spike's not very stupid. Why rid of or give up all his wealth? Why not have 'treasure' kept somewhere? Or houses or estates, bonds, money, etc.

Spike in "Just Rewards" (A 5.02) greatly implies that Angel's new financial and assets position is the first time Spike's considered Angel's ever had 'real money'.

* Beck, Full-powered Illyria, Spider (Maria Harley) and Co, and Morgan. Spike could easily have his own 'Scooby Gang'. And I consider it a mistake that Spike 'had to' give up his bugship. Spike's interactions with Buffy after Hell-LA only make any sense if the flash-forward in Angel S6 is canon.

The Buffyverse would be much more interesting if
    Spoiler:
    Seedling Willow stayed Seedling Willow, Buffy eventually became SuperBuffy again (it's somewhat implied that's actually Buffy's full potential), and Spike has his bugship and his own army.

* Sane Drusilla. Buffy
    Spoiler:
    didn't dust Angel after BtVS 8.39.

Season 9 could have ended with
    Spoiler:
    Seedling Willow, [Super]Buffy with both Spike and Angel, and Spike with both Buffy and Drusilla (and probably those others), and Illyria and Spider and Co. and the bugship as his army.

ALEXANDER LAVELLE HARRIS

* I have a thread for this: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...-in-10th-grade

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (30-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 458 Posts

There should have been an episode dealing with Cordelia and her parents. Angel, Wesley and Fred got that (Cordelia even says tellingly that she misses Fred's parents more than Fred), and Gunn gets episodes with his old crew. Cordelia has a really interesting history with her parents, but Cordelia's past gets forgotten more and more as AtS goes on.

On that subject, I would have loved for them to bring back Sheila Rosenberg. She hangs over Willow like this ghost and gets a lot of mensions and nods, but we only see her once.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    How Willow Rosenberg convinced her parents that UC Sunnydale was the best school for her.
    That's a good one. I can't imagine they were pleased at her sudden apparent lack of ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    - More Christmas-themed episodes. I'm forever regretful that we only ever had one. I love Christmas-themed episodes in general and I was also a big fan of Amends. I really wish this had been an annual tradition throughout the series.
    There is a bit of Christmas stuff in S5. During advent season, Willow comes to Joyce's hospital bed and gets dubbed "tiny Jewish Santa." The next episode, Giles hangs up an inclusive holiday banner in his story. And in "The Body" we get a flashback to a very lovely Christmas dinner.

It is not a substitute for a full episode, but I really love that Christmas dinner scene.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willow from Buffy For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (30-11-19),Stoney (28-11-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,025 Times in 781 Posts

Something - *anything* with Willow and Spike. They basically stop interacting with each other after season four, even in situations where it makes sense for them to interact, even when they live in the same house! I get that they're very different people and all that but that's not an excuse, they're both main characters, they should be talking to each other/doing stuff together. Like, send them on a quest in mid-season 7 to find/hunt down some magical/demonic whatever - A WITCH...A VAMPIRE <movie trailer music> ON A QUEST...TO FIND...MAGICAL WHATEVER - come on, that stuff writes itself.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (30-11-19),bespangled (30-11-19),flow (01-12-19),Sosa lola (03-12-19),vampmogs (30-11-19),Willow from Buffy (30-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 861 Posts

I always loved that fact that Willow is Jewish, and that she exemplifies so many Jewish virtues. I wish they had explored that aspect of her as more than just the absences of celebrating Christmas. She remained a Jew even as she became a powerful witch, and I'd like to have seen that identity explored.

I have no idea how they would have done this but I would have loved to have seen season five Giles and season four Wesley working together - or in lieu of that Giles meeting dark Wesley. Wesley really isn't needed to fight Jasmine. He can come fight the First for an episode.

I desperately want to see Quentin Travers appearing to dress down Giles for allowing William the Bloody to free access to the potentials when his chip has been removed along with technicolor flashes of what will happen when he is triggered. That's all I need to understand why Giles is so set on killing Spike. I want to see Willow and Xander in a room that slowly fills with former classmates, starting with Jesse, all talking about how unlucky they were because they didn't make friends with Buffy because Buffy only saved her friends. In fact, the only way to make season 7 work was to get rid of Caleb and not!Buffy speechifying at each other and show the First doing a lot more mind fecking. Just look how well that "accidental reveal" that it wasn't Spike's time yet worked.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (30-11-19),Sosa lola (03-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    Something - *anything* with Willow and Spike. They basically stop interacting with each other after season four, even in situations where it makes sense for them to interact, even when they live in the same house! I get that they're very different people and all that but that's not an excuse, they're both main characters, they should be talking to each other/doing stuff together. Like, send them on a quest in mid-season 7 to find/hunt down some magical/demonic whatever - A WITCH...A VAMPIRE <movie trailer music> ON A QUEST...TO FIND...MAGICAL WHATEVER - come on, that stuff writes itself.
    Instead of having them be sent on a quest, they should sneak out on a quest, like Dawn and Spike do in S5. After Buffy has vetoed some idea, Willow and Spike run into each other, both carrying a bunch of magic paraphernalia. Willow looks at the stuff Spike is carrying and says accusatorily, "You're doing that thing, aren't you?" And Spike is like, "No! ... What thing?" And he tries to hide his stuff inside his coat. And Willow says, "That thing Buffy said we shouldn't do. You have all the things you would need to do that ... thing." To which Spike replies, "You have things, too. What are you gonna do with those thing, ey, Red? You're gonna do the thing, aren't you?" And Willow is like, "Na-ah, I'm not. But if I did, my thing wouldn't blow up in my face, because I know what I am doing, and I didn't bring mislabeled salamander eyes." And then Spike is like, "Well, if I was gonna do that thing, which I ain't saying I was gonna, maybe it would be a good idea to have someone along who knew what they were doing. Someone who could claim that they were only helping a fellow out, making sure he wouldn't make a mess of things ... if the powers that be caught on, I mean." And Willow is like, "Yes! Maybe someone should come with you, just to make sure you don't accidentally make yourself combust or something. Not because they themselves were planning to do the thing, of course." "Of course." "Of course." "Of course." "Let's go."

Anyway, it would sure be epic.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willow from Buffy For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (30-11-19),Andrew S. (30-11-19),bespangled (01-12-19),Sosa lola (03-12-19)

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

I'm loving this thread and nearly every idea mentioned. We all should have been on Whedon's payroll! Ahh, perhaps in another universe.

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs
    - Either Buffy goes to LA and visits Hank (or vice versa) and he discovers that she is the Slayer. I'd prefer that this episode took place some time in-between S5-S7 as I would also be interested to see the Hank/Dawn dynamic too. Unlike a lot of fans I have no issue with Hank being retconned into a bad father as I thought it serviced the story well, but I would have liked to see his reaction to Buffy being the Slayer.
    I agree with all of this. I also would have been extremely interested in an explanation as to why Hank turned into a POS over the years and why he couldn’t be bothered to show up for Joyce’s funeral. I think S6 in particular would have been the ideal season for a one-off episode where Hank makes a real appearance and interacts with Buffy and Dawn as opposed to the occasional throwaway lines about him that we got instead. I also have no problem with them turning him into a deadbeat, but they definitely needed to flesh that out more as his absence was a huge reason why Buffy and Dawn’s lives sucked so much in S5-S6 (their finance problems and abandonment issues). But it is a pity they never really brought him back because it could have been a great story and (based on that scene in “Nightmares”) Gellar probably would have killed the dramatic material.

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs
    - A flashback episode revealing more about Buffy's first year as a Slayer in LA. I absolutely love the flashbacks in Becoming and it always made me sad that we never got more of Buffy's life pre-Sunnydale. Honestly, it kind of surprised me the show avoided going there as it never did explore Merrick or what happened to him. A lot of fans take the movie or Origin comic as canon but I'd much rather have seen it explored on screen. I always imagined this episode taking place in Season 2, in part because that's where the other flashbacks featured, but also due to the fact that the SMG could still realistically portray her pre-S1 self but we'd also have the improved writing, directing, and stunts of Season 2 > Season 1.
    I’ve often wished we could have seen Buffy’s origin story in this exact scenario. Maybe the Scoobies grilling her about exactly what happened with narration from Buffy and flashbacks. But I don’t think it’s surprising that we never got to see this. While I’ve never seen a quote or anything to confirm this, I suspect Whedon was deliberately trying to stay away from bringing up Buffy’s origin story in the TV series. Exploring Merrick, Pike, and the Hemery High days on the TV show probably would have drawn too many comparisons/attention to the original movie, and I imagine Whedon was probably trying to create as much distance as he possibly could between the show and its failed movie version back then. If true, I don’t blame him but it is very disappointing as I definitely would have liked to see more of Buffy’s past as well as SMG’s take on Hemery-era Buffy. Also would have loved to see Faith’s backstory as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow from Buffy
    There should have been an episode dealing with Cordelia and her parents. Angel, Wesley and Fred got that (Cordelia even says tellingly that she misses Fred's parents more than Fred), and Gunn gets episodes with his old crew. Cordelia has a really interesting history with her parents, but Cordelia's past gets forgotten more and more as AtS goes on.
    Also agree with this. I think the Chase parents could have been interesting to explore on both Buffy and Angel. In my personal fanon, I’ve always imagined Cordy’s parents as extremely colorful people, particularly her mother. I mean, Cordelia had to get her attitude from somewhere. I imagine S1-Cordelia was her doing her best imitation of her mother, who was probably Bitchy!Cordelia on steroids. And actually meeting the Chases and seeing how emotionally distant they are from their daughter despite the big (and rather negative) influence they still have on her behavior would have allowed the audience (and the Scoobies) some more understanding as to why Cordy is the way she is. Much in the same way that seeing how everyone else interacted with their parents added more understanding to them.

And in terms of Cordy’s parents being on Angel, I thought it would have been interesting to see them turn up in S5 to finally reconcile with their daughter, only to learn that she was dead/comatose and that she had made much more of her life than they had probably imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    LOL, agreed. *Especially* in S7. They practically had the same character arc that year. I think the lack of reaction from Willow about Spike and Spuffy in general was unfortunate writing. Willow always had such good camaraderie with Angel and Riley, in addition to being incredibly supportive of Buffy’s relationships with them. It’s very strange that the dynamic between her and Spike was practically nonexistent, even after he became so important to the show and when there were so many parallels between their storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere
    It was a missed opportunity to not have First!Buffy appear to anyone aside from Buffy herself and Spike.
    THIS. Thinking about the First Evil makes me so damn angry because it could have been the best Big Bad ever, but they completely wasted it. The writers created a villain that could literally turn into Buffy and they never utilized this to its full potential! The First using Buffy’s image to cause confusion and turn her friends against her throughout the season could have made for a great, tension-filled mid-season plot instead of that stupid trigger storyline. Everyone acting like a**holes towards the end of S7 would have also made much more sense as the result of evil literally whispering in their ears nonstop.

I also agree with everyone about wanting more crossovers, particularly with Cordy and Wes. And for some reason, I feel like Buffy and Gunn would have gotten on with each other really well. To give some more ideas:

- There should have been an episode where Buffy and Spike went on a REAL date. There’s so much screen time devoted to the Buffy/Spike relationship throughout S6-S7, but not enough of them having real fun together which is quite a shame. It could have been immensely entertaining to see them try that out (probably very reluctantly, on Buffy’s end) and for Buffy to end up having much more fun with him than she would have initially anticipated. I could totally see the two of them f*cking it up at a dance club somewhere a la Buffy/Faith in “Bad Girls”.

- I think they should have explored Buffy’s academic issues more in S3. It never made sense to me that she got into Northwestern University. Buffy was really smart but she had mediocre grades, lousy attendance, had no extracurricular activities after freshman year, was kicked out of two different schools, but got into such a good university? Yeah, I’m not buying it. I think it would have been far more interesting if Buffy’s terrible attendance and missing her exams due to her expulsion/running away at the end of S2 resulted in a running subplot about her being in serious danger of not graduating throughout S3. Now in my view, Buffy *would* end up graduating of course (after a lot of hard work and help from Willow), but I think it would have been a compelling plot point and spoken to the tragedy of Buffy’s situation that being the Slayer disrupted her life so much to the point where she was nearly unable to graduate high school on-time.

- There could have been more outside friendships in the later seasons. I’ve complained elsewhere about how insular things became after S4. The show was always about saving the world, but eventually the world became so thinly-sketched that I often forgot why the Scoobies were trying so hard to save it. We could have seen more of Buffy interacting with her coworkers at the DMP. She was spending a lot of time there, so I’m sure she must have developed some kind of dynamic with her coworkers. I don’t think “Older and Far Away” is a very good episode, but I loved the premise and how it showed the Scoobies realistically interacting like young adults. Buffy inviting her coworker to the party, Xander and Anya trying to set Buffy up with one of his friends, Buffy and Tara becoming more comfortable with each other, etc. It could have been interesting to see more of that. Likewise, I would also liked to see more of Willow and Tara’s Wiccan friends or Xander’s construction friends. The themes about the Scoobies growing apart would have resonated more if we had actually them do more things that friends who grow apart do, which is hang out with different people.

- Buffy’s identity as the Slayer should have become public knowledge at the end of S4 or S5, either after the destruction of The Initiative or the apocalypse in “The Gift”. The running threads of Sunnydale citizens being constantly oblivious and of Buffy having a ‘secret identity’ became really stale and made no sense by the time we got to S5. The Scoobies even started running a magic shop selling supernatural items to the general population of Sunnydale. So clearly, no one cared about keeping that stuff secret anymore by then. It would have shaken up and deepened the world of the show some more for Buffy’s identity to be exposed.

We could have seen storylines about Buffy getting to experience the perks of being a superhero for once -- admiration from random Sunnydale citizens, finally getting the credit she deserves for saving the world, getting prestigious job offers to protect people that would have really explored the difference between Buffy exploiting her destiny and rightfully providing for herself during her S6 financial issues. In addition, there would have also been really interesting drawbacks to Buffy’s identity between out in the open -- lack of privacy and more exposure to enemies, further difficulty in leading a ‘normal’ life due to being a local celebrity. Her S7 superiority complex and her cracking under pressure as leader would have also been more sympathetic and understandable if it was due to a whole town of people looking up to her to save and lead them as opposed to just her close friends and some whiny Potentials.

- I would have liked to have seen Willow coming out and introducing Tara to her parents in a ‘dinner with the in-laws’ kind of situation. I can already imagine how it would have gone. Willow would have been really nervous and (despite her more confident persona) still very anxious to please her parents, but also tried to make things comfortable for Tara. Of course, Sheila would have been rude AF to Tara the entire time (not even due to homophobia, but due to her general Sheila-ness) and Willow would have ended up losing it. Could have been great to see.

- They could have fleshed out Kendra a little more. She deserved more than three episodes and a brief reference in an exposition-monologue a few episodes later. Since Bianca Lawson is apparently ageless (https://decider.com/2019/03/20/bianc...g-teens-on-tv/), there’s still an opportunity for them to do a mini-series or something exploring her backstory. But that's wishful thinking, I know. But more Slayer origin stories in general would have been cool to me. Whether it be Buffy or Faith or Kendra or Nikki. I’m still rooting for the potential new show about exploring a different Slayer, if it’s still in development.
    Last edited by Andrew S.; 30-11-19 at 10:05 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew S. For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (30-11-19),Stoney (30-11-19),vampmogs (01-12-19),Willow from Buffy (30-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew S. View Post
    Also agree with this. I think the Chase parents could have been interesting to explore on both Buffy and Angel. In my personal fanon, I’ve always imagined Cordy’s parents as extremely colorful people, particularly her mother. I mean, Cordelia had to get her attitude from somewhere. I imagine S1-Cordelia was her doing her best imitation of her mother, who was probably Bitchy!Cordelia on steroids. And actually meeting the Chases and seeing how emotionally distant they are from their daughter despite the big (and rather negative) influence they still have on her behavior would have allowed the audience (and the Scoobies) some more understanding as to why Cordy is the way she is. Much in the same way that seeing how everyone else interacted with their parents added more understanding to them.

And in terms of Cordy’s parents being on Angel, I thought it would have been interesting to see them turn up in S5 to finally reconcile with their daughter, only to learn that she was dead/comatose and that she had made much more of her life than they had probably imagined.
    I imagine Cordy's father to be this kinda sleazy businessman and her mother as a neurotic bored housewife who's addicted to prescription drugs and hosts the most awful cocktail parties in their mansion-like home. I think like Willow, Cordelia is probably both very similar and very different from her parents. For one, she doesn't seem to have made up her mind on whether she should study hard and have a career or if she should just marry rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew S. View Post
    - I would have liked to have seen Willow coming out and introducing Tara to her parents in a ‘dinner with the in-laws’ kind of situation. I can already imagine how it would have gone. Willow would have been really nervous and (despite her more confident persona) still very anxious to please her parents, but also tried to make things comfortable for Tara. Of course, Sheila would have been rude AF to Tara the entire time (not even due to homophobia, but due to her general Sheila-ness) and Willow would have ended up losing it. Could have been great to see.
    We actually know from "Killer in Me" that Sheila was excited to learn that Willow was in a gay relationship and that she did meet Tara a few times, but that this enthusiasm died down pretty quickly. I find it interesting about Sheila that she has these progressive values, but she is a very cold and stunted person.

I would have loved to see it, though. Tara is probably as different from Sheila as someone can be.
    Last edited by Willow from Buffy; 30-11-19 at 10:53 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willow from Buffy For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (Yesterday),Stoney (30-11-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,025 Times in 781 Posts

Another idea! Buffy and magic. I'm not suggesting that Buffy should be a full blown witch or anything like that but she's smart enough to recognize that some rudimentary magical abilities could be useful - float a stake, set a stick on fire - easy stuff like that. It's not like Buffy's magically impaired or something - in No Place Like Home she casts a pretty complex spell fairly effortlessly. It's not some slayer ethos either. Buffy uses all sorts of weapons, explosives etc plus Willow and Tara were trying to make that sunshine bomb for her once so we know she's not against the idea. So why doesn't she practice any magic? Buffy, you live with literal witch(es), you don't want to learn how to float a pencil?! I doesn't need to be anything major - just a scene with Buffy trying to float her pen or something in the background once or twice, maybe an extra scene Willow somewhere. Then, seasons down the line it's payoff time. Buffy uses her magical abilities, however minuscule, to survive the night.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,873 Times in 2,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    Hi guys

Willow from Buffy posted a video in the 'Buffy Youtube Reactions' thread about Out of Mind, Out of Sight and the woman in the video mentioned the idea of Marcie Ross returning as a W&H assassin and confronting AtS Cordelia again. I thought it was a great idea for an episode and it got me thinking about other episodes, arcs, or even scenes, that you guys would've loved to have seen in the show?

If anyone has any that they'd like to post I'd love to read them

Some of my ideas were;

Episodes:

- Another episode revolving around the Wishverse. It occurred to me lately that The Wish is immensely popular with fans and that Vampire Willow and Dopplegangland are also really beloved. It's kind of a wasted opportunity that they didn't tap into that alternate reality more and have it feature as a parallel universe alongside the series. There could have perhaps been another episode where another character is transported to that universe only this time they remember it? I don't know exactly but I just think that there were endless opportunities there.

- A crossover episode with Cordy and BtVS. This is a pretty standard wish in fandom but, honestly, the very popular idea of Cordy appearing in BtVS Season 6 to lecture the gang and showoff how much more mature she is makes me pretty nauseous. I'd much rather Cordy show up in Season 4 of Season 5, visions intact, and help the guys with a MotW. There's some great potential there when you consider the reactions of the gang to Cordy's growth but even how Cordy would interact with Anya.

- I wouldn't have minded an episode where Buffy meets Liam or William. You could come up with some sort of spell (similar to Spin the Bottle) where Angel or Spike are reverted back to their human persona. It'd be interesting to see how she reacted to them, how it helped inform her understanding of them, and there's endless comedic opportunities as well.

Scenes:

- Honestly a lot of my scene ideas revolve around The First and how much potential there was for it to be a truly unnerving and effective villain. My most favourite idea, as horrible as it would've been, was for it to show up as Spike, dressed exactly as he was in Seeing Red, to taunt Buffy about the AR as she was about to run a bath in Season 7. That's the kind of psychological warfare and trauma I think a villain like The First would actually want to enact and not only would it shaken Buffy but it would have ripple effects on her relationship with Spike etc.

- My other ideas around The First would be a scene of it appearing to Buffy as Kendra to torment her about the inevitability of her death, it appearing as Jesse to Xander as originally planned in Conversations With Dead People, it appearing as Glory to Dawn, Ben or Jenny to Giles, or as Hank or Angelus to Buffy. Some of these ideas would not be possible to the availability of the actors (it was hard enough getting The WB to allow DB to crossover for Chosen and Robia would not agree) but I'm sure the other actors would be willing to return.

- I would have really liked a flashback scene in Season 3 between Faith and her Watcher. It would have been really interesting to see the dynamic between Faith and a female Watcher and judging by her brief comments about her in Faith, Hope & Trick it sounded like she was really fond of her.

- I would have liked a scene of Buffy visiting Joyce's gravestone. In fact, I often envisage it being a 'blink and you miss it' type scene of Buffy briefly paying her respects as she passed by it on patrol. Given how frequently Buffy patrolled the cemeteries it would be inevitable that she'd have to pass it often and it would have been a touching and understated moment. If not Joyce, I also would have happily settled for a moment with Buffy reacting to Jenny's tombstone or Tara's. I think I like Jenny the best as it would be a nice callback and the show's way of not forgetting her and it's history.

- I'd have appreciated a flashback of Buffy's funeral. I once read an amazing fanfic where Giles helped prepare Buffy's corpse for her burial and it was really moving and horrific. It always made me yearn for brief flashbacks of how all of that transpired.

I'll stop here for now. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Vamps
    I like all of these, except for the Christmas episodes. I think they don't really fit in with BtVS, and they often end up being really cheesy. They pulled it off with Amends, but even there, the wish to make the episode more Christmasy hurt it, because the corny ending is its weakest part.

I'd also like it if they had done more with Giles' past as the Ripper.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (Yesterday),Stoney (01-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,208 Times in 1,739 Posts

vampmogs:
    I wouldn't have minded an episode where Buffy meets Liam or William. You could come up with some sort of spell (similar to Spin the Bottle) where Angel or Spike are reverted back to their human persona. It'd be interesting to see how she reacted to them, how it helped inform her understanding of them, and there's endless comedic opportunities as well.
    I don't know about Liam but there are tons of fics about Buffy meeting William and some of them are amazingly well written. i used to call them Wuffy fics until someone told me that's the name for the Willow/Buffy ship (although I don't know why it isn't called Wiffy).

vampmogs:
    Honestly a lot of my scene ideas revolve around The First and how much potential there was for it to be a truly unnerving and effective villain. My most favourite idea, as horrible as it would've been, was for it to show up as Spike, dressed exactly as he was in Seeing Red, to taunt Buffy about the AR as she was about to run a bath in Season 7. That's the kind of psychological warfare and trauma I think a villain like The First would actually want to enact and not only would it shaken Buffy but it would have ripple effects on her relationship with Spike etc.
    That would have been absolutely terrifying especially because I think Spike as The First Evil was way more terryfing than evil chipless and soulless Spike in season 2 had ever been. there was a nonchalant casualness about his evilness in season 7.

There are of course many more possibilities. What about Angel/Angelus as The First tricking or haunting Buffy? How about Anne talking to Spike like Nikki had done to Robin? How about Ben taunting Giles?
    Or telling Buffy how he had died? What about Faith' first Watcher?

I guess it would have got boring at some point but there were many more possibilities than teh ones we saw on tv.

What I have wanted to see in an episode or maybe even in a character arc spanning more than one season, is, why Giles never really moved on from Jenny. Maybe it doesn't even have anything to do with jenny. Maybe he simply isn't boyfriend material. Or maybe he is emotionally scarred because of something that happened long before Jenny. But except for the spell-induced one-night-stand with Joyce and the two-nights-stand with Olivia he never gets attached to any woman (or man) romantically and I think there are so many possibilities to come up with an interesting background story for that.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

25. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

vampmogs (02-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    i used to call them Wuffy fics until someone told me that's the name for the Willow/Buffy ship (although I don't know why it isn't called Wiffy).
    Personally, having been in fanfic for over a decade, I've never heard of Wuffy being Buffy/Willow before; they're called Billow. Wuffy is William/Buffy. If you ask me, at least.
    "Gay, straight, retarded, why do we have to put a label on everything?"

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Puppet For This Useful Post:

flow (01-12-19),Priceless (01-12-19)

Thanks

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* I generally wouldn't want to change the canon of the Buffyverse.

But given Illyria, Glory was a missed opportunity. She was gaining feelings and emotions and her Earth dimension body count is literally many times less than some of the supposed champions and heroes of the Buffyverse.

* I forgot to mention Dana the Vampire Slayer ("Damage" (A 5.11)). What happened to her? She was clearly at-worst the 3rd most powerful Slayer after Buffy and Faith, and seemingly already more powerful than Faith.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 861 Posts

Have Ethan show up, and let Giles know that he was killed by the initiative! That would be a lovely gut punch - great way to make Giles doubt his decision making.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (03-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,085 Times in 1,206 Posts

I would have liked having Xander in an episode on AtS, during S5 BtVS and S2 AtS. During the time Angel and his friends were at odds. His construction company sending him there for business, and how ironic it would be to have Xander talk Angel or his friends into patching things up, showing how much he'd grown - especially in S5 where I always thought Xander was at his most stable and mature self, aside from S7.

I would have liked if Jesse appeared to Xander in Nightmares S1, taunting him about Angel and how much of a hypocrite Buffy was to let Angel live when he was a vampire, this IMO would add an interesting layer to Xander's hatrad of Angel and his reaction to giving Angel back his soul in Becoming. I would've also enjoyed Xander at the end of The Pack connecting his situation with how Jesse must have gone through when he was turned into a vampire, asking Buffy is it was the same experience, she would ponder this and then tells him that the vampire was not Jesse and he shouldn't beat himself up over killing him. It would have been a perfect setup for the next episode "Angel" when Buffy discovers that he's a vampire, and it would have given Buffy and Xander a real conflict over what Xander was told in regards to Jesse by Buffy and Giles, and why both are letting Angel live.

An interesting epsiode would be in S1 showing a hunter who was playing the role of the slayer in Sunnydale before Buffy's arrival, and it would be revealed later that s/he was part of a group let by a former watcher who saw that Sunnydale needed someone to gaurd its people because of the Hellmouth. Everybody in that hunter group was killed in the past years, leaving this one hunter, who finally got to put down their stake and live a normal life now that the slayer showed up to carry on the mission. A last scene of Buffy looking wistfully at the hunter's back as they left and asking Giles if this would happen to her one day, that someone would carry the load and that she'd be finally free to live a normal like that hunter.

I want a Willow birthday episode in S1. None of her parents at home. Xander siezing the occastion and inviting the whole school for a party at Willow's empty house. Poor Willow not enjoying her birthday at all, and one of the kids uses her birthday to make chaos.

One more thing: I want an in depth exploration of the Xander/Giles friendship! I want it!

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    I do think it would have been interesting to have Buffy appear to him because he wouldn't have been able to put 2 and 2 together, perhaps even after they realized who the Big Bad was. It was a missed opportunity to not have First!Buffy appear to anyone aside from Buffy herself and Spike.
    Exactly! I have already written a fic about this: Fooled by a Sauron. The First appearing to the gang as Buffy and sometimes Spike and planting doubts in their minds. This is the only way to explain the infamous Empty Places scene, having the First fooling the Scoobies as either Buffy or Spike.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (Yesterday),vampmogs (03-12-19)