Thread: Alexis Denisof - Legacies

Thanks
    Thanked 8,873 Times in 4,269 Posts

Default Alexis Denisof - Legacies

There’s a new headmaster at the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted.

When Legacies, the latest show in the Vampire Diaries universe, picks up for season 2, the supernatural learning institution will be missing two major players: Hope Mikaelson (Danielle Rose Russell), the vampire-werewolf-witch tribrid who sacrificed herself to destroy the hell dimension better known as Malivore, and Alaric (Matthew Davis), the former headmaster (and one of the unluckiest men in all of Mystic Falls). “The first line in the script in episode 1 says ‘Cut to Alaric Saltzman, hair and beard growth: unemployed,’” showrunner Julie Plec says. “Now that he has been removed from [the headmaster] position, he’s lost.”

The school, however, will be under new, very well-dressed leadership as Angel alum Alexis Denisof joins the cast as Professor Vardemus. “He is the new headmaster after a lengthy search headlined by Caroline Forbes,” explains Plec. “She has chosen a very well-respected, extremely experienced, and beloved man from England.” Denisof reveals that his character “arrives from a larger supernatural world that exists far beyond the gates of the school and brings with him a clear and very different point of view.”

That new point of view will put him at odds with some of the students. “The students jokingly call him Gary Poppins,” Plec says. “You can imagine that someone who’s a bit stiff and a bit proper and a bit opinionated might not go over as well as perhaps we would want him to. But there will be a faction of kids who love him and a faction of kids who are wondering exactly what it is that makes him tick, and it will be a lot of fun seeing him and Alaric trade barbs over the teaching methods at the Salvatore School.”

Legacies returns Thursday, Oct. 10 at 9 p.m. ET on The CW.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/12/legacie...ook-photo/amp/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (14-10-19),bespangled (16-10-19),flow (14-10-19),MikeB (15-10-19),Stoney (14-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 1,698 Posts

Sounds he is going to be more BtVS season 3 Wesley than Angel season 5 Wesley:-)

It’s great to see him back on screen. It’s well deserved.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

MikeB (15-10-19),Priceless (14-10-19),Silver1 (14-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,810 Times in 5,722 Posts

I've never even heard of Legacies before, despite watching 80% of TVD and enjoying The Originals until it stopped airing on a channel I could see. I assume this is similarly unavailable, or else it has just passed me by. It sounds very much like a 'Wes' role. I wish I could see it, I'll have to try to track it down.

Thanks

I've never seen Vampire Diaries or any of its spin-offs, but I am really happy Denisof is back on tv.

Thanks

It doesn't look like there is a UK air date. What I found said it was unknown for S1, so the chances S2 will come is pretty low I'd have thought.

I missed the first season or two of TVD and then saw the rest. I quite liked it for a low thought/light entertainment programme and enjoyed The Originals too so was disappointed when they stopped showing that. Ah well, I'll just have to send AD positive vibes and hope Legacies does well for him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,856 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I've never seen Vampire Diaries or any of its spin-offs, but I am really happy Denisof is back on tv.
    TVD was pretty freakin' fantastic through three seasons.

Then there are also seasons after that.

Banner by LRae12

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingofCretins For This Useful Post:

MikeB (15-10-19),Priceless (15-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    TVD was pretty freakin' fantastic through three seasons.

Then there are also seasons after that.
    I don't remember why I never watched it. Perhaps I thought it would be a bit too Twilight-ish. I know it was incredibly popular.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I don't remember why I never watched it. Perhaps I thought it would be a bit too Twilight-ish. I know it was incredibly popular.
    I saw the first two seasons on TV, but never particularly cared for it. It felt very plot-driven and like it was trying to be Buffy-lite, but without anything that actually made Buffy great.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Priceless (15-10-19)

Thanks

It definitely doesn't hold up against Buffy, not even vaguely, despite whatever similarities in some characters could be reached for. TVD to me was just good for a bit of light entertainment that didn't require or generate much thought.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (15-10-19),TimeTravellingBunny (15-10-19)

Thanks

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* I have The Vampire Diaries S1-S3 on Blu-Ray. Amazon.com and NetFlix don't have the picture quality--and probably sound quality--of actual Blu-Rays and 4k Blu-Ray.

The problem with post-TVD S3 is that "Delena" makes little sense and is stupidly forced. The writers kowtowed to a very vocal but clear minority. And ratings decreased. TVD S3 had Elena forgiving Stefan and wanting to be with him again. That ended Elena/Damon making any sense.

And Paul Wesley had better chemistry with Nina Dobrev--when you consider the chemistry between Stefan and Katherin--than Ian Somerhalder had with Nina.

And then I saw The Originals episode Paul Wesley guest stars in. Look at the chemistry between Phoebe Tonkin and him. And Stefan and Hayley Marshall aren't supposed to have any chemistry.

TVD also suffers from Stefan/Katherine simply making much more sense than Stefan/Elena. Katherine was 'reduced', killed off, etc. simply because Nina Dobrev didn't want to continue the workload of playing both Elena and Katherine.

The whole doppelganger thing is simply insulting to both Stefan/Katherine and Stefan/Elena. It's simply there to say "Of course Damon's better than Stefan and no one would actually choose Stefan over Damon".

It's simply more ret-conning to lessen Stefan. TVD S1 established that the Salvatorre home is Stefan's, that Stefan on human blood is much more powerful than Damon, that both Katherine and Elena love Stefan and are at-most attracted to Damon, etc.

The insults to Stefan and Paul were so bad that I assumed it was likely Paul's wife would be shown to prefer Damon to Stefan and have sex scenes with Damon.

Anyway, Legacies is a nice watch but forgettable. It's not as good as The Originals and TO is not as good as TVD S1-S3.

Thanks

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* Alexis Denisof shows up in Legacies 2.03. He plays a very interesting character--his character makes me actually interested in Legacies and I consider it the best development of Legacies so far. And it makes Josie more interesting.

* Hope/Landon don't have much--if any--chemistry and Landon's specialness seems the only reason Hope could be interested in such a guy.

* I care around 0% whether Lizzie ever becomes 'into' MG. No one is a "prize". No one "deserves" anyone.

* I hope Hope becomes actually powerful. It seems we'll have to wait for her to become a vampire.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-10-19)

Thanks

* Alexis Denisof shows up in Legacies 2.03. He plays a very interesting character--his character makes me actually interested in Legacies and I consider it the best development of Legacies so far. And it makes Josie more interesting.
    I don't watch the show, but it's good to hear Denisof has a meaty role with real impact on the show and other characters.