Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BtVS Prologue Endings elimination game

Thanks
    Thanked 2,090 Times in 810 Posts

Default BtVS Prologue Endings elimination game

New elimination game!

This game will be comparing Prologue Endings of each episode (instead of the Episode Endings in the last game.) I've finished the first three seasons so far, so it's ready to play if we want to start the game.

The rules are the same otherwise -- I've copied Stoney's post from the other game with some changes added:

"This time we're looking at the very final moment of each episode's prologue. This isn't about whether you love the episode overall, we're just exclusively comparing the prologue endings.

Rules
    As with previous point based eliminations I think we should keep the same basic rules...
    - You can only vote after 3 other people have voted since your last vote, or 2 days have passed since the last person voted.
    - All endings start with 5 points. Points are reset to 5 for the remaining endings at a few stages - when there are 15 episodes left, 9 left and 5 left.

How to play
    'Reply with quote' to the last post and then choose an episode to award one point to and an episode to take one point away from (tell us which beside the + and - above the episode list). Update the points then post.

Obviously as there's information above just the episode titles this time, it is a very text heavy list, which is just unavoidable. The points which you need to add or take from are at the end of each entry. Please feel free to shout out if you notice any mistakes/omissions.

**It would be appreciated if you remember to scan above your post after you make it to check if someone actually managed to post just a moment before you, then you can 'edit' your post to amend the points to incorporate theirs too.**

**N.B. I've prepared these through to the end of S3 so far as it takes a bit of time and once I've done all seven seasons I'll edit this first post and put them under a spoiler here. Then, if a season concludes and I'm not around, someone else can come back here and 'reply with quote' to be able to copy the list for the next season and continue the game. EDIT: All seasons are included under the spoiler now.**
    "

Here's the Season Three list in advance:

Spoiler:
    Season Three

Anne: Buffy's expression turns from contented to dismayed as she wakes in her tiny apartment in a run-down neighborhood in LA. She looks out the window as a police siren blares and an LAPD car races across the intersection at the end of the block, against the red light.

Dead Man's Party: In the alley, Buffy dusts the attacking vampire then looks at her friends gazing up at her from the ground, breathing hard. She gives them a small wave and a weak smile. Buffy: "Hey, guys."

Faith, Hope and Trick: At the Happy Burger drive-through at night, Trick lunges out of the window of a black stretch-limousine in vamp face and grabs the boy at the window. The camera stops on the Happy Burger mascot, its mouth wide open.

Beauty and the Beasts: In the woods, a boy runs through the bushes and a creature's growling can be heard. The boy trips over a low branch and the creature drags him away as he screams.

Homecoming: An old man in a wheelchair rolls up to the desk by the computer, hits a few keys and looks at the monitor. Boss: "Is that her?" Trick: "In the nubile flesh, my friend." The camera shows Buffy walking sadly. "That's the target."

Band Candy: Mayor Wilkins opens an office cabinet, revealing shelves of occult paraphernalia. Mr. Trick looks on. He takes out a shrunken head, pulls on the hair and a small section pulls open. He takes a sniff and closes the flap. Mayor: "Where'd I put that Scotch?"

Revelations: At the cemetery, Faith, Buffy and Giles all turn to look at the woman who's walked into view, her hair pulled up in a severe style. Faith asks who she is, the woman answers: "Gwendolyn Post, Mrs. Your new Watcher."

Lovers Walk A Dodge Desoto crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign. The door opens and a liquor bottle falls out, smashing to pieces as Spike slides out. He tries to raise himself on his elbows, drunk out of his mind. “Home, sweet (chuckles) home.” He passes out and collapses back on the pavement.

The Wish Cordelia, tear-streaked, takes a match and lights Xander's part of the picture. Multiple messages from Xander play on her machine as she drops the lit piece into the bowl and holds the match to the others. She watches as the flames consume the image of Xander.

Amends In the Sunnydale shopping district, Angel's attention is diverted to an apparition of Daniel, standing behind Buffy on the street. He looks at Angel sadly, then walks away. Buffy notices Angel's distraction, turns back and sees nothing. “Angel? What is it?” Angel is frozen with fear.

Gingerbread As Buffy slays a vampire at the park, Joyce walks over to the playground and makes her way to a carousel. She stops in horror: “Oh, God. Oh…” The body of a dead boy lies on it, on the sand the body of a dead girl; both with one arm outstretched and on the palms of their hands a triangle with a U-shaped symbol.

Helpless Buffy is suddenly overcome by dizziness at the playground. A vampire tackles her on the ground until her own stake is pointed at her chest. He uses his weight to push it down at her. “Lemme know if I’m doing this right.” Her eyes go wide with terror as she struggles.

The Zeppo In the cave, after Willow, Giles, Faith and Buffy defeat a demon, Xander emerges from under a pile of refuse. Giles says it’s safer for him to be at the “rear of the battle” but Xander protests: “But, gee, Mr. White, if Clark and Lois get all the good stories, I’ll *never* be a good reporter.” He senses the Jimmy Olsen joke was lost on Giles. “Sorry.” “Hey, it’s OK.”

Bad Girls At his office, Mayor Wilkins instructs: “Mr. Trick, watch these people. Anything you find out about them, well, let’s just see that information reaches the Slayers. Who knows? With any luck, they’ll kill each other. Then everyone’s a winner. Everyone, of course, meaning me.” He chuckles.

Consequences In Joyce’s room, the news on the TV is about the murdered Deputy Mayor Allan Finch, cutting to the Mayor at a press conference, who says he will not rest until whoever did it is “brought to justice.” Joyce notices Buffy: “Oh, honey, you’re up. It’s just terrible, isn’t it?” Buffy doesn’t answer.

Doppelgangland At Sunnydale High, Buffy apologizes for discussing Faith. Willow: “No, it doesn’t bother me. I mean it.” Buffy watches as the pencil Willow has been practicing magic on starts spinning wildly, till it darts off and buries itself deeply into a tree. Buffy: “Emotional control?” Willow, abashed: “I’m working on it.”

Enemies In the cemetery, a demon tempts Faith and Buffy with the Books of Ascension, implying they’re important to the Mayor. Buffy refuses the deal with him, and he runs away. Buffy: “I’d like to know about these Books of Ascension. Anything that would pin the Mayor down would be great.” Faith. “Yeah. It’s be great.”

Earshot At the playground, two demons attack. Buffy slays one with a knife, the other runs away. Buffy: “One down, one…gone.” The camera focuses on her hand, the back covered with a glowing substance. It fades into Buffy’s skin. As the camera moves over the dead demon’s body, we see the glowing substance is its blood.

Choices At his office, Faith opens a present from the Mayor. It’s a knife with an intricate design. “This is a thing of beauty, boss.” He tells her not to put anyone’s eye out with it, until he tells her to. Faith: “Any particular eyes in mind?”

The Prom In Angel’s bedroom, Buffy walks to the window and pulls back the curtain. A blast of sunlight hits the bed and Angels rolls away from it. Buffy quickly draws it: “Oh, sorry. I guess it’s later than we thought.” Angel appears worried.

Graduation Day 1 In Professor Wirth’s apartment, Faith says: “Sorry, friend. Boss wants you dead.” Professor: “Why?” Faith: (stabs him) “You know, I never thought to ask.”

Graduation Day 2 The Mayor through a broken window has seen Buffy climbing down the building. After screaming to a vampire to “find them!” he paces, worriedly: “Faith’s a good girl. She can take anything they’ll throw at her. She’s going to be all right. She’ll be alright. She’ll be alright.”

Here we go with S1!

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. -5

The Harvest: Buffy catches up with Willow, Xander and Jesse outside the mausoleum, fighting off the vampires attacking them. As Willow runs over to Xander who is on the ground, Buffy notices that Jesse is gone. She stands up and slowly scans the cemetery. Buffy: (whispers) "Jesse."

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" -5

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. -5

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. -5

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. -5

Angel: On the sidewalk on her way back from the Bronze, Buffy is accosted by The Three. Buffy: “Okay, okay…Look, I really don’t wanna fight all three of you…unless I have to.” She is slammed into a fence in the alley. One of them slowly approaches her with death in his eyes. Buffy is terrified. -5

I, Robot, You Jane: Willow is alone in the library drawing a scanner over pages from a book and they appear on the monitor. As she types to save the scan, the script in the book disappears. She closes the book, places it with the others & leaves. The computer monitor goes blank & Moloch’s words appear: Where am I? -5

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” -5

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” -5

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. -5

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” -5
    Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 05-10-19 at 05:04 AM.
    buffylover made this stunning banner

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Stoney (21-09-19),TimeTravellingBunny (21-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 Times in 4,195 Posts

Not sure if we're playing now, but if we are . . .

- Never Kill A Boy on the First Date
    + Welcome to the Hellmouth

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. -6

The Harvest: Buffy catches up with Willow, Xander and Jesse outside the mausoleum, fighting off the vampires attacking them. As Willow runs over to Xander who is on the ground, Buffy notices that Jesse is gone. She stands up and slowly scans the cemetery. Buffy: (whispers) "Jesse."

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" -5

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. -5

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. -4

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. -5

Angel: On the sidewalk on her way back from the Bronze, Buffy is accosted by The Three. Buffy: “Okay, okay…Look, I really don’t wanna fight all three of you…unless I have to.” She is slammed into a fence in the alley. One of them slowly approaches her with death in his eyes. Buffy is terrified. -5

I, Robot, You Jane: Willow is alone in the library drawing a scanner over pages from a book and they appear on the monitor. As she types to save the scan, the script in the book disappears. She closes the book, places it with the others & leaves. The computer monitor goes blank & Moloch’s words appear: Where am I? -5

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” -5

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” -5

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. -5

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” -5

Thanks
    Thanked 13,672 Times in 5,672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Not sure if we're playing now, but if we are . . .
    Yes, let's play. (I've added on the bottom half of the game details - the reset reminder, elimination and winner list bits)

- The Harvest
    + Prophecy Girl

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 6

The Harvest: Buffy catches up with Willow, Xander and Jesse outside the mausoleum, fighting off the vampires attacking them. As Willow runs over to Xander who is on the ground, Buffy notices that Jesse is gone. She stands up and slowly scans the cemetery. Buffy: (whispers) "Jesse." - 4

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 5

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 5

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. - 4

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 5

Angel: On the sidewalk on her way back from the Bronze, Buffy is accosted by The Three. Buffy: “Okay, okay…Look, I really don’t wanna fight all three of you…unless I have to.” She is slammed into a fence in the alley. One of them slowly approaches her with death in his eyes. Buffy is terrified. - 5

I, Robot, You Jane: Willow is alone in the library drawing a scanner over pages from a book and they appear on the monitor. As she types to save the scan, the script in the book disappears. She closes the book, places it with the others & leaves. The computer monitor goes blank & Moloch’s words appear: Where am I? - 5

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” - 5

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 5

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 5

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Yes, let's play. (I've added on the bottom half of the game details - the reset reminder, elimination and winner list bits)
    Oh thanks for doing that!

+ WttH
    - The Harvest

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 7

The Harvest: Buffy catches up with Willow, Xander and Jesse outside the mausoleum, fighting off the vampires attacking them. As Willow runs over to Xander who is on the ground, Buffy notices that Jesse is gone. She stands up and slowly scans the cemetery. Buffy: (whispers) "Jesse." - 3

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 5

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 5

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. - 4

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 5

Angel: On the sidewalk on her way back from the Bronze, Buffy is accosted by The Three. Buffy: “Okay, okay…Look, I really don’t wanna fight all three of you…unless I have to.” She is slammed into a fence in the alley. One of them slowly approaches her with death in his eyes. Buffy is terrified. - 5

I, Robot, You Jane: Willow is alone in the library drawing a scanner over pages from a book and they appear on the monitor. As she types to save the scan, the script in the book disappears. She closes the book, places it with the others & leaves. The computer monitor goes blank & Moloch’s words appear: Where am I? - 5

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” - 5

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 5

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 5

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Stoney (22-09-19)

Bronze Party-Goer StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

oodles of thanks, SpuffyGlitz & Stoney

i so, so, so need to think about something that is not
    dickinson and the anthropocene...

+ Nightmares
    - The Puppet Show

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 7

The Harvest: Buffy catches up with Willow, Xander and Jesse outside the mausoleum, fighting off the vampires attacking them. As Willow runs over to Xander who is on the ground, Buffy notices that Jesse is gone. She stands up and slowly scans the cemetery. Buffy: (whispers) "Jesse." - 3

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” - 4

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,283 Posts

I thunk WTTH is the clear winner. But I love the Prophecy Girl one, too.

+ WTTH
    - The Puppet Show

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 8

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” - 3

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

+ WTTH
    - NKABOTFD

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 9

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. - 3

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,001 Posts

+ WTTH
    - OOMOOS

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 9

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[/QUOTE]
    “

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Thanks

the winner is clear: it is such a perfect opening for the
    series as a whole...

but i am trying to spread the love around, trying to see
    how the other episodes fall—slowly, rapidly—in relation...

+ Nightmares
    - The Puppet Show

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” - 2

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 7

Out of Mind, Out of Sight: In the boys’ locker room, Mitch reaches for a bat on top of the lockers. It floats up by itself. The bat swings and hits him & he falls. It swings again but misses and hits the locker doors. It hits him on his upper left arm, another swing hits him in the face and he’s knocked unconscious. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StateOfSiege97 For This Useful Post:

Stoney (22-09-19),TimeTravellingBunny (22-09-19)

Thanks

WTTH is head and shoulders above the others, agreed

+ WttH
    - The Harvest

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 10

The Harvest: Buffy catches up with Willow, Xander and Jesse outside the mausoleum, fighting off the vampires attacking them. As Willow runs over to Xander who is on the ground, Buffy notices that Jesse is gone. She stands up and slowly scans the cemetery. Buffy: (whispers) "Jesse." - 2

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” - 2

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (22-09-19)

Thanks

+ Nightmares
    - The Harvest

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 10

The Harvest: Buffy catches up with Willow, Xander and Jesse outside the mausoleum, fighting off the vampires attacking them. As Willow runs over to Xander who is on the ground, Buffy notices that Jesse is gone. She stands up and slowly scans the cemetery. Buffy: (whispers) "Jesse." - 1

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ Prophecy Girl
    - The Puppet Show

The Harvest: Buffy catches up with Willow, Xander and Jesse outside the mausoleum, fighting off the vampires attacking them. As Willow runs over to Xander who is on the ground, Buffy notices that Jesse is gone. She stands up and slowly scans the cemetery. Buffy: (whispers) "Jesse." - 1

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” - 1

Nightmares: In the classroom, Wendell opens his book. He screams and drops it on his desk when a bunch of tarantulas crawl out of it. Everyone closest to him get out of their chairs as the tarantulas crawl all over Wendell, who cries for help. Billy: “Sorry about that.” Wendell: “Please help me!” - 8

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

+ WTTH
    - NKABOTFD

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 11

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. - 3

The Puppet Show: In the girls’ locker room, Emily changes and replaces her ballet outfit into her locker. As she closes it, she hears a noise & walks to the end of the row of lockers, peeking round the corner, then walks to the next. The demon exhales as it watches and comes up behind her. She screams. Demon:“I will be flesh!” - 1

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ WTTH
    - NKABOTFD

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 12

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

and the first one falls...

+ The Pack
    - The Puppet Show (shut down...)

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 12

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. - 2

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. The Puppet Show

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ Prophecy Girl
    - The Harvest *reaped*

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 6

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    11. The Harvest
    12. The Puppet Show

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

- NKABOTFD
    + WTTH

WttH: A guy and girl sneak into Sunnydale High at night. The blonde looks nervous and asks if they’re alone, the guy assures her they are. Darla: “Are you sure?” Boy: “Yes, I’m sure.” She turns around in vamp face, growls and bites the guy. They sink to the floor. - 13

Never Kill A Boy on the First Date: The Master reads aloud: “‘The Anointed will be my greatest weapon against the Slayer! If you fail to bring him to me, if you allow that girl to stop you…(throws vampire into a coffin) Here endeth the lesson.’” He slams the book shut and walks off. - 1

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    11. The Harvest
    12. The Puppet Show

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ Prophecy Girl
    - Teacher's Pet

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    11. The Harvest
    12. The Puppet Show

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ Prophecy Girl
    - Witch

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 4

Teacher’s Pet: In the science classroom, Dr. Gregory turns off the lights and inspects his slide-viewing plate. The closet door opens and a large, green mantis claw goes around his neck dragging him off his chair. His glasses hit the floor and break, a second later, so does he. - 4

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    11. The Harvest
    12. The Puppet Show

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ The Pack
    - Witch

Witch: At the high school gym, amidst the cheerleading tryouts, Willow notices that Amber catches fire during her routine. Buffy knocks her down and snuffs out the flames with a banner. Buffy: (trying to comfort Amber) "It’s okay, it’s okay, you’re gonna be…okay." (to herself) "God!" - 3

The Pack: In the hyena house, the hyenas growl as Xander, Kyle and the others look on. As their eyes flash green, some of the kids eyes do too. Lance tries to escape, but falls. Kyle and the others turn and laugh. Lance runs out. Xander turns around and his eyes flash green. - 7

Prophecy Girl: In his lair, the Master stands with his arms stretched out above him: “Yes! YES! Shake, Earth! This is a sign! We are in the final days! My time has come! Glory! GLORY!” The quake is over as quickly as it started, and the Master looks over at Collin. Master: “Whadaya think? 5.1?” - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    11. The Harvest
    12. The Puppet Show

Results:
    Season 1 winner: