Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOOM! Hellmouth Buffy/Angel Crossover

Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 Times in 4,167 Posts

Default BOOM! Hellmouth Buffy/Angel Crossover

Not sure who's going to be reading the Hellmouth crossover comic, but here is the publishing timetable

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

BAF (05-09-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,726 Times in 833 Posts

How are they having individual issues along with the crossover event? Especially on the Angel front since he's kinda the only character.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

Priceless (05-09-19),TriBel (05-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    How are they having individual issues along with the crossover event? Especially on the Angel front since he's kinda the only character.
    He's not the only character now, he's got Lilith and Fred, but Gunn will soon be joining the team.

Boom are milking this for as much as they can

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (05-09-19),Stoney (06-09-19),TriBel (05-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,190 Posts

Well colour me confused. I've really lost the plot (no "story" pun intended) with this.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (05-09-19),Silver1 (05-09-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    He's not the only character now, he's got Lilith and Fred, but Gunn will soon be joining the team

I don't doubt they are milking. It does not surprise me. What does is their apparent thinking that Gunn, Fred and an OC are going to carry a title. Though it does seem as though they are going on hiatus after 8.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

Priceless (05-09-19),Silver1 (05-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 362 Posts

Aren't they moving Spike to LA? Dru just stabbed him in the gullet, so maybe he needs some alone time.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willow from Buffy For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (05-09-19),Priceless (05-09-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,108 Posts

I haven't been commenting but I have been reading both Buffy & Angel and been enjoying them.Will be reading the crossover too.

BOOM! is following the classic DC & Marvel crossover event playbook.A main miniseries with the monthly books that tie-in to the event.

At least they aren't doing a dozen tie-in miniseries and One-Shots like DC and Marvel do.For example,the current Absolute Carnage event at Marvel right now.You got the main Absolute Carnage 5 issue miniseries.Both the next few months of the monthly Venom and Amazing Spider-Man books tie-in to the event. Plus there are five three issue miniseries tie-ins and I think four One-Shot tie-ins.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (05-09-19),flow (05-09-19),Priceless (05-09-19),Silver1 (05-09-19),Stoney (06-09-19)

Thanks

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redtent For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (05-09-19),BAF (05-09-19),Priceless (05-09-19),Silver1 (05-09-19),thenewbuzwuzz (05-09-19),TriBel (05-09-19)

Thanks

it’s fair to believe that if these issues hit with fans, there very well could be some kind of Spike spinoff book.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...outh-sell-out/

Only interested if it features a fish.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Lostsoul666 (05-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redtent View Post
    Well that answers that question; 'Angel #6 is primed to continue that upwards sales trend, with the First Appearance of Team Spike– and I’m told it will be Spike, Gunn & Fred defending Los Angeles while Angel is in Sunnydale'. I wonder why Spike would defend LA and what changes he has to undergo to become a 'defender'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...outh-sell-out/

Only interested if it features a fish.
    That link seems broken TriBel

Thanks

That link seems broken TriBel
    Doesn't matter - it's the same article BAF linked to. I was quoting.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (05-09-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

Well that answers that question; 'Angel #6 is primed to continue that upwards sales trend, with the First Appearance of Team Spike– and I’m told it will be Spike, Gunn & Fred defending Los Angeles while Angel is in Sunnydale'. I wonder why Spike would defend LA and what changes he has to undergo to become a 'defender'.
    Maybe he'll decide he doesn't really want to end the world like in S2.

Article seems like another typical fluff piece sponsored by BOOM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

Priceless (05-09-19),Stoney (06-09-19),TriBel (05-09-19)

Thanks

I am pretty certain Boom will bring out a Spike comic. They are milking this series for every last drop. I just hope they get a decent writer on board who knows enough to differentiate between Spike and Angel and give Spike some of his old personality.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (05-09-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redtent View Post
    They said what I pretty much said.Even used my example.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,645 Times in 5,660 Posts

it’s fair to believe that if these issues hit with fans, there very well could be some kind of Spike spinoff book.
    I do find their marketing tactics in the attempts to pull in readers and influence sales pretty painfully obvious and so quite irritating. This may as well just say, "if you want to see a Spike spinoff too then we're just letting you know that we're hoping you'll show us by buying the issues with him in LA that is propping the Angel book for us during the Hellmouth event. In truth we already know that there is going to be a Spike spinoff, but we'll be damned if we're not going to try to twist the sales out of you all as if it is needed to get there." Don't get me wrong, it isn't as if I won't buy it if they do do one, but I actually really find myself put off by the transparent manipulations they use. In fact it has the opposite effect on me and makes me want to refuse to buy yet another title and I find I have to try to ignore what they say about their sales figures and possible plans all the time to keep myself interested.

It's helpful to see the number of issues that will all tie in outlined like this. I'm hoping that there will be a trade of the hellmouth issues to go with the trade of the buffy and angel ones that I'll no doubt get (I'm still not buying them individually). It'd be great if the trade for hellmouth actually was one that covered them all in this order.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (06-09-19),TriBel (06-09-19)

Thanks

Priceless:

I just hope they get a decent writer on board who knows enough to differentiate between Spike and Angel and give Spike some of his old personality.
    Corrected it for you. Sorry - at the moment it's like a wet tea-towel and a doormat had a baby together. And that bloody, inane, "shove a flyer in my gob" grin is doing my head in! Less vampire, more in-patient.
    Last edited by TriBel; 06-09-19 at 08:38 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (06-09-19)

Thanks

Priceless:

Corrected it for you. Sorry - at the moment it's like a wet tea-towel and a doormat had a baby together. And that bloody, inane, "shove a flyer in my gob" grin is doing my head in! Less vampire, more in-patient.
    Spike isn't the only one who lacks personality. Buffy is simply 'petulant girl who fights'. She's broodier than Angel ever was. Even at Halloween we see her seething with jealousy over Robin, taking no action whatsoever, which was never Buffy's style. She is action girl.

But #8 was pretty good. In fact I'd say it's the best issue yet

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (07-09-19),TriBel (06-09-19)

Thanks

Spike isn't the only one who lacks personality. Buffy is simply 'petulant girl who fights'. She's broodier than Angel ever was. Even at Halloween we see her seething with jealousy over Robin, taking no action whatsoever, which was never Buffy's style. She is action girl.

But #8 was pretty good. In fact I'd say it's the best issue yet
    Yeah...read #8! a) Hate the cover! I particularly hate Angel on the cover - he looks like the cousin you don't talk about. Giles is giving me the willies. He's creepy perv. I'd cross the street to avoid him. That said...it does look as though something's happening. I liked the birds - and Willow.

Thanks

Yeah...read #8! a) Hate the cover! I particularly hate Angel on the cover - he looks like the cousin you don't talk about. Giles is giving me the willies. He's creepy perv. I'd cross the street to avoid him. That said...it does look as though something's happening. I liked the birds - and Willow.
    I thought Giles and Jenny were fantastic, and actually opened up some depth of storytelling. A few issues back we had Jenny fawning over Giles and saying she'd be wrong to question him, and now we see him putting Joyce's life at risk and Jenny steps up to save her. I think Dru saying Jenny was weak was very interesting. Is she weak to want to save one life, which might damn a million lives? Is Giles strong? I really liked that whole scene, and the art worked really well, with the image of Jenny's face growing more concerned and angry.

Someone (sorry can't remember who) said that cover (if I'm thinking of the right cover) was Pike and Buffy from the movie, not our Buffy and Angel

Slayer
    Thanks

It's Angel in Pike's clothes and Buffy in the cheerleader outfit from the movie, but it's definitely Buffy and Angel. Or that artist has never seen Luke Perry.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

Priceless (06-09-19),TriBel (06-09-19)