Thread: Other fandoms fanfiction recommendation thread

Thanks
    Thanked 3,951 Times in 1,646 Posts

Default Other fandoms fanfiction recommendation thread

Does fanfiction exist outside the Buffyverse? Surprise, surprise, it does!

This is the thread where you are very welcome to recommend your favorite fanfiction from any other fandom.

Harry Potter? Good Omen? Star Trek? Supernatural? Lucifer? Hit us with the best non-Buffyverse fanfic.

Crossover fics recommendations are always welcome but if you have a favorite Buffyverse/Other fandom crossover fic, please recommend it in the new "Crossover fanfiction recommendation thread".

http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...ndation-thread

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Sosa lola (20-08-19)

Thanks

Okay, I am gonna get this thread started with a ... drumroll .... Harry Potter fanfic recommendation.

It's called A Bed Made For One, by Sarea Okelani. It's rather short and it has a Draco/Ginny pairing. I have noticed that Draco/Hermione are quite populat in HP fandom fanfiction, but Draco/ginny ... it's unsual but I think it works. i can totally see them together.

This is angsty and bittersweet. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.webcitation.org/5xdthqXrI

flow

Thanks
    Thanked 5,000 Times in 2,190 Posts

I've never read a Harry Potter book nor watched a Harry Potter film. TBH, I think I'm too much of a purist for crossover...though I liked slaymesoftly's BtVS/Lucifer. I think DeepBlueJoy writes crossovers.

There's this on A03 - Serpent Delivery by Dacelin. It's a Good Omens/Lucifer crossover.

Summary: When Lucifer orders the demons back to Hell, he sends ALL the demons back. And a certain Serpent of Eden would really just like to get back to his love and life in Soho. But Lucifer has other plans for the demon who botched the apocalypse.
    It's WiP but it's received over 2,600 comments since the beginning of June! I started it but I'll have to restart it. It's very, very good but it helps to be familiar with Good Omens.
    Last edited by TriBel; 19-08-19 at 09:58 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

flow (20-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 1,191 Posts

I've read That 70s Show fanfiction, but sadly what I was looking for wasn't there at all. I wanted father/son fics about Red/Eric because I've always enjoyed their dynamic, but most fics were either Eirc/Donna or Steven/Jackie.

I have tried some Friends fanfiction, and enjoyed a very long fic about Chandler's backstory as well as Phoebe's backstory, and while they were extremely angsty, especially the Chandler one, I didn't really mind them 'cause I don't really look for comedy in fanfiction. I enjoy angst more than anything.

When it came to crossovers, there are plenty Xander/any fandom fics out there, and I've read a few that I remember recommending in another thread.

I have just finished watching and obsessing over Mad Men. I don't know if I'm interested in reading Mad Men fanficion but I would love some mother/daughter Betty/Sallie fics if they exist. I'm not that satisfied with how the show ended their relationship because I want MORE.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

flow (20-08-19),TriBel (20-08-19)

Thanks

I have just finished watching and obsessing over Mad Men. I don't know if I'm interested in reading Mad Men fanficion but I would love some mother/daughter Betty/Sallie fics if they exist. I'm not that satisfied with how the show ended their relationship because I want MORE.
    LOL! I have the full series of Mad Men on DVD and on Blu-ray and I haven't watched the second half of the final season. As long as I don't watch it, I can have my own little world where it hasn't ended and I don't feel bereft. For a similar reason, I haven't read the last Terry Pratchett novel. I wish I could apply this same restraint to food.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,043 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    LOL! I have the full series of Mad Men on DVD and on Blu-ray and I haven't watched the second half of the final season. As long as I don't watch it, I can have my own little world where it hasn't ended and I don't feel bereft.
    Which episode did you stop in?

I couldn't stop, I watched the last four episodes in one sitting - I never do that. I usually watch 1 or 2 episodes a day for everything because I get busy with my kids.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Thanks

The discs were released as S7 parts 1&2 (two discs) - I haven't opened the second disc which means I stopped watching at S7 Ep7. I haven't watched the final half of Tru Blood or the last episode of The Sopranos. It's a thing. I wish I hadn't watched the last 15 minutes of Endgame and I've no intention of watching the last episode of Lucifer (unless it segues into Sandman).

Thanks

Lucifer fanfics:

I am really trying to keep the number of recs down to a sensible amount. But there are many really good fics to be found in the Lucifer fandom.

100 Ways by Pellaaearien 44,407 words

Throughout the entire series but mostly through season 1 and season 2 this fic adds many (one hundred is the goal - it’s not yet finished) missing scenes. Absolutely adorable and very well written. Almost as if those scenes had been part of the show. Each chapter can stand alone.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/12...pters/27562749

The free parking jackpot rule by lilith_morgana 3,721 words

The night Lucifer went to Chloe’s apartment and ended up playing a boardgame of Monopoly told from his and and also from Chloe’s POV. So many emotions in just one tiny little scene...

https://archiveofourown.org/works/19346548

Soup Kitchen by tarysande 817 words

A different - and much more convincing - take on the infamous soup kitchen date from season 4.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18953257

Quid Pro Ho Ho Ho by ariaadagio 6,182

Simply the best Christmas fanfic ever.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/13138170

Castaway by ariaadagio 131,014 words

This is the first novel-length story in my little compilation of favorite Lucifer fanfics. Most of the aforementioned stories are missing or additional scenes. This story is the equivalent of a full episode and it's more than just a re-write of an existing episode. It is an episode that could have come out of the writers room and been on the show instead of the actual 04x01. This fic has been published before season 4 aired and there is one detail - which I don't really want to give away because I don't want to spoil the story for you - that has actually been used by the writers in season 4 as well. This story has a brilliant plot, spot on voicing for all the characters from the show, an amazing original character as the villain-of-the-piece but what is really unique about this fanfic is the writers talent at storytelling. To give you an example - this is just one of so many beautiful wonderful lines:

"Except this fossil is the size of his hand, not a jelly bean.

"I remember when these still existed," he says."

https://archiveofourown.org/works/15...pters/37175798

All On That Day by Seriana Ritani on ff.net 59,387 words

This is another novel-length story and just like Castaway it picks up right after the season 3 finale. How would you actually deal if you find out someone who you consider a close friend (maybe even more?) turns out to be the actual devil, red face and all? This fic has a very realistic approach at how Chloe would deal and although it is rather drastic and extreme I find it very convincing and plausible. Yes, I would probably deal the same way. I would run too. But while she is on the run Chloe discovers that mabye humans more dangerous than the devil himself and she finally turns to Lucifer for help once more. This is a classic case-fic in the style of a mystery novel. It is an absolute page turner and you should by no means miss it. This fic is on complete on ff.net and it is at the moment being uploaded on AO3 too.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13270312/1/All-On-That-Day

12. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

TriBel (23-08-19)

Thanks

But there are many really good fics to be found in the Lucifer fandom.
    I'll second that. In fact, I got so engrossed in the last one that I forgot I'd got a "treatment" on my hair. My hair is now bright blue!

The free parking jackpot rule by lilith_morgana

That is just beautiful.

I'll read her others.
    Last edited by TriBel; 23-08-19 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks

Lately I've been on a Veronica Mars fic kick — just like me to hop on just before the creator Josses everything. This one has a bunch of time-travel, dimension-hopping, which I always enjoy in Buffy fic:

Slipstream by cheshirecatstrut
    Weird love is better than no love Buffy Summers

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

flow (24-08-19),TriBel (23-08-19)