Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Buffy know about "Damage?"

Scooby Gang
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    They do get into Dawn in a minor way and Willow's spell was a forgetting spell. In both situations the lead up wasn't manufactured. Dawn was imply inserted into the current situation. On Angel, they basically had to rewrite how they go into their current place. I don't mean they needed to dedicate a whole arc to it, but at least a glimpse would have been OK.

I don't think they'd have done a triangle had Buffy shown up, mostly because then they'd have had to resolve. I think Spike would have conveniently disappeared for the episode.
    Dawn was inserted into Buffys life retroactively. There is no way things would've been the same in all those years . Certainly for Buffy a single child self involved character (which Joss admitted there was some truth to at the time) then suddenly becoming an older caring sister.
    She was also retroactively made out of her by the Monks apparently too !!!

Willow raped Tara memory twice. One of which after she asked her not too. They then ignored that and turned it into magic is crack, retroactively ignoring the previous magic is lesbian metaphor they'd done, so no neither was minor.

Joss left it open in the comics. It would've been the same thing on the show. JM was a regular so he would've had to have showed up even for just 1 scene.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 866 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BtVS fan View Post
    Dawn was inserted into Buffys life retroactively. There is no way things would've been the same in all those years . Certainly for Buffy a single child self involved character (which Joss admitted there was some truth to at the time) then suddenly becoming an older caring sister.
    Joss really doesn't get to admit anything. Are you really saying there was a fundamental personality difference between BvS and Real Me? But anyway, we knew what was rewritten. Dawn was inserted as a little sister.

Willow raped Tara memory twice. One of which after she asked her not too. They then ignored that and turned it into magic is crack, retroactively ignoring the previous magic is lesbian metaphor they'd done, so no neither was minor.
    I am not talking about severity of action. But the amount of mental space being rewritten. It was about 15 minutes. Fore Connor to be wholly wiped out, they'd have had to imprint 2 whole seasons of television, all directly involved in putting them at W&H.

Joss left it open in the comics. It would've been the same thing on the show. JM was a regular so he would've had to have showed up even for just 1 scene.
    No, he wouldn't just as Xander didn't show up in CWDP. That's not to stay he wouldn't stay in basement playing video games.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 1,698 Posts

Or they could have included Spike in flashbacks as in Why We Fight or Angel could have sent him on a wild goose chase. Maybe to Rome?

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover