Thread: Promotion question

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Default Promotion question

Hi!

I have a question that I couldn't find a definitive answer for, so I wanted to ask an admin before I went and did something I shouldn't.

Another Buffy fan and I just launched low-pressure challenge communities on LJ and DW called Buffyverse Bingo. It's for all types of fanwork--fic, art, vids, meta, etc.--and it's for both BtVS and AtS. Can I make an announcement promoting it to the General Discussion?

Thank you!

Eurydice

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 875 Posts

The admins aren't around much, if at all. I think it would be okay, for whatever that is worth. We had links to seasonal spuffy and no one seemed to mind.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

eurydice72 (11-06-19)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

I'm concerned because the SS thread was started several years ago and just added on to. I'm too paranoid about breaking rules, lol.

I'm going to wait and see if one pops up. It's not like sign-ups close on our bingo any time soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,829 Times in 5,309 Posts

Nina is a moderator for the fanart here and Llywela for the fanfic section. You could try PM'ing them if you haven't already. I'm not sure if Nina can just give her pov for both, but she is more active and regularly on the site (although I have messaged Llywela about the fanfic section and had a response within recent years too despite a lack of activity from her). I agree with GoSpuffy that it seems unlikely it will be a problem, but I understand why you're wanting to check with someone.

Do you think there's any scope for cross promotion? As you may have seen we do run fanart challenges here and it would be great to take advantage of any way to build up activity/membership. Possibly something to mention to Nina if you think there is, depending on how your bingo communities run.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,713 Times in 3,695 Posts

I think Stoney has given the definitive answer, but I'd just like to add that I'd be more than happy for you to promote your challenge on the forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,627 Times in 1,256 Posts

Hi eurydice,

I'm neither an admin nor a mod for the Buffy subfora. So I can't really answer your question. But since you are posting here and it's a serious Buffy-related link, I personally see no issues with it. Hopefully somebody of the crew will reply to you in the next few days, otherwise I would just go for it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

flow (11-06-19),Priceless (11-06-19),Stoney (11-06-19)

Thanks

Yes and then someone can explain to me why it's called 'bingo' and how it actually works

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Thank you, Nina. I'll keep an eye out this week to see if anyone else responds.

Priceless, it's called bingo because people who sign-up are given a 5x5 bingo card with random prompts on it. Then they choose five that would give them a "bingo" and create fanwork for them. It's a low-pressure way of providing inspiration to Buffy/Angel creators.

Thanks

So you pick 5 across, down or horizontally, not random ones all over the page?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eurydice72 View Post
    Hi!

I have a question that I couldn't find a definitive answer for, so I wanted to ask an admin before I went and did something I shouldn't.

Another Buffy fan and I just launched low-pressure challenge communities on LJ and DW called Buffyverse Bingo. It's for all types of fanwork--fic, art, vids, meta, etc.--and it's for both BtVS and AtS. Can I make an announcement promoting it to the General Discussion?

Thank you!

Eurydice
    Thank you for asking!

Why dont you just post your link in this thread and in your signature? I dont think a thread in the General Discussion is warranted. It's not discussion of the show. And it pretty much falls under the "no linking to other forums" rule in the faq.

Welcome to Buffyforums! Im glad you're having fun. As you post in the discussion threads, more people will get to know to know you, and will click on your signature link. Please feel free to share your works of art, writing, etc here too.

Lydia made the punch!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

flow (12-06-19),Nina (12-06-19),Stoney (12-06-19)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Thank you for responding, Ehlwyen.

The links with full explanations of what's involved are:

At LiveJournal: https://buffyversebingo.livejournal.com
    At Dreamwidth: https://buffyversebingo.dreamwidth.org/

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eurydice72 For This Useful Post:

flow (12-06-19),Priceless (12-06-19),Silver1 (12-06-19)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    Thank you for asking!

Why dont you just post your link in this thread and in your signature? I dont think a thread in the General Discussion is warranted. It's not discussion of the show. And it pretty much falls under the "no linking to other forums" rule in the faq.

Welcome to Buffyforums! Im glad you're having fun. As you post in the discussion threads, more people will get to know to know you, and will click on your signature link. Please feel free to share your works of art, writing, etc here too.
    Does this mean the site admins are not okay with our Seasonal Spuffy thread that has been up since last summer?
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...fy-Rises-Again!

People seem to find it useful. Because it's not directly discussion of the show, it's in "General Discussion", not in "Buffy". However, your forum - your rules, and if it's not okay then I can tell the other mods to stop updating the thread. Should I?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (20-06-19),Priceless (20-06-19)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

P.S. I have another, more important question for an admin, but since it's unrelated I put it in the problems/suggestions thread instead. I would dearly love if a site admin could take a look at that. We wanted to ask it a year ago, but didn't manage to contact anyone as far as I know.
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...l=1#post749150

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (20-06-19)

Thanks

Of course I will happily abide by any decision the Mods make, but I really appreciate the Seasonal Spuffy thread and I feel it fosters a real sense of camaraderie and friendship between fans, so I hope the Mods allow it to continue.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

thenewbuzwuzz (20-06-19)