Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Pairs

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 800 Posts

http://decadent.popullus.net/index2.html

It's a Spike/Lilah Archive.

https://ship-manifesto.livejournal.com/32974.html

That's the Spike/Ethan manifesto.

There's a lovely Firefly story that has Spike on the Serenity. He's trying to get back in time to Earth that Was, and Zoe was grieving Wash. That one was Spike/Zoe.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/34...apters/7525940 He goes back to Buffy, and then finally returns to Zoe.

One of my favorite lines ever - "Your... man? You're kidding." The Pater lets the stake drop, looking at me and then Spike, and murmurs, "Marti always says not to leave him alone with another character for long... or someone's going to start shipping them–"
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

flow (12-06-19),GoSpuffy (10-06-19),Priceless (10-06-19),Silver1 (13-06-19),TriBel (10-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,166 Posts

I've read the FF crossover - it's the one with alternative endings isn't it. It's very good. It's uncanny that you should post the link because I was trying to remember the title yesterday.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

bespangled (10-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 579 Posts

Didn't we read the Firefly one as a group read?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,427 Times in 4,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Didn't we read the Firefly one as a group read?
    We did. I think we all enjoyed it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (10-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,166 Posts

I really enjoyed it. Wasn't there talk of Whedon taking Spike over to FF? He could have done worse than use this fic as the basis.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

Yes we read colors. It’s the story that has JW and MN in it in the alternate ending. I really loved it

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

10. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Are we talking about pairings in actually existing fanfics?

Spike/Willow seem to have been a Thing once. I can't wrap my head around it but there are Spillow fanfics.

Also pairing I have once read about (in the Bittersweet series by Herself) is Angel with Buffy and Spike's daughter.
    Is it by someone who's read Twilight too many times?

(I've never read Twilight - any of it - though I've seen the first two movies on TV but I do know what happens in it)

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post

Some people think pulling the wings off flies is fun...just sayin'. I can just about get my head around ships intimated by the original work. I fail miserably with ships that are not only "outside the box" but also destroyed the box in the process of leaving it!

I googled. The world has gone insane.

Out of interest, what does your imagination make of Connor/Willow (my imagination's put in a request for "leave of absence").
    To be fair, nothing that fans could come up with would be as crazy and sick as AtS did with Connor and Jasmine!Cordelia.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (19-06-19),GoSpuffy (10-06-19),Priceless (10-06-19),TriBel (10-06-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=TimeTravellingBunny;748566]Is it by someone who's read Twilight too many times?

The Bittersweet series actually pre-dates Twilight.

flow

Thanks
    Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,264 Posts

[QUOTE=flow;748568]
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    Is it by someone who's read Twilight too many times?

The Bittersweet series actually pre-dates Twilight.

flow
    Twilight really does seem like it's made of bad vampire fanfic ideas.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 Times in 1,177 Posts

Xander/Snyder

I'm very proud of this little ficlet I've written:

This is the fourth time this week. No student has ever been called to the principal’s office as much before. Snyder starts to wonder if the boy is beginning to suspect. He’s not the sharpest pencil in the box, but those girls he hangs out with are, especially that Rosenberg girl. Snyder has done all he can to hide his interest; all those insults and put downs directed at Harris are enough to do the trick.

Xander barges into his office without even knocking. Manners are lost on that boy.

“What is it this time? Did I stain your spotless cafeteria floor with milk or will that unanticipated C in English ensure me a ticket to a higher level class?” The kid flings himself on the chair and almost props his legs on Snyder’s desk. One icy stare is enough for the boy to knock off the nonchalant act and go back to how Snyder likes him; awkward and shifty. Boy thinks he can be smug in his presence. No more silly excuses. This time, Snyder is pulling out the big guns.

"You’ve been spotted sneaking out of campus while school’s in session.”

“Oh, I just… needed to get a book from my house, you know,” he blurts out. That jittering leg sends shivers down Snyder’s body.

“But you didn’t return until after school hours.” Eyebrows furrowing in disapproval. “And what were you doing staying in the school library until midnight?”

"Would you believe me if I said I had to study for an important test?”

“Your report cards beg to differ.”

“So, uh, detention… again?” Xander bites on his lower lip, and Snyder can barely contain himself. Who cares about brains and manners? The boy’s got the looks. What would Snyder do to use that wooden ruler on his firm, young ass?

Shaking himself out of his fantasies, Snyder looks directly at the kid’s nervous eyes. “There’s no way around it, but this time it’s going to be here.” A glint in Snyder’s eye is hard to miss. “With me.”

Xander’s eyes go wide with fear. “I seriously doubt I deserve this honor.”

“Oh, don’t sell yourself short. So, I’ll see you here after last period.” The devilish grin makes Harris’ Adam’s apple wobble.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

bespangled (14-06-19),GoSpuffy (12-06-19),Priceless (12-06-19)

Thanks

Sosa lola, that's a wonderful ficlet. I can't imagine there are there many Snyder/Xander fics out there, they must be one of the rarest pairings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Sosa lola, that's a wonderful ficlet. I can't imagine there are there many Snyder/Xander fics out there, they must be one of the rarest pairings
    I remember finding three Xander/Snyder fics in the past, I guess two of them were at fanfiction.net and another in an old Slash fic website.

I think the rarest Xander pairing would be Xander/Caleb... I've only found one fic.
    Made by Trickyboxes

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 971 Posts

It's probably not as rare as I think, if Xander/caleb are the example, but what about Ethan and Giles? They could get up to all kinds of good stuff together.

I hope Caleb apologized for the eye thing before they got groiny.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    It's probably not as rare as I think, if Xander/caleb are the example, but what about Ethan and Giles? They could get up to all kinds of good stuff together.

I hope Caleb apologized for the eye thing before they got groiny.
    I think Ethan/Giles is a very popular ship. There are tons of fics about them.

Caleb/Xander is a interesting pairing and I'd be stuck how they'd get together if they kept true to their personalities. Caleb is a psychopath who kills young girls and hates women. That's a very difficult character to write a romance for. It would have to be pretty dark

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Caleb/Xander is a interesting pairing and I'd be stuck how they'd get together if they kept true to their personalities. Caleb is a psychopath who kills young girls and hates women. That's a very difficult character to write a romance for. It would have to be pretty dark
    The fic I found was a rape fic. It says Caleb/Xander, but it's not lovey-dovey. Caleb is disgusted by Xander following those women and being emasculated by them and he decided to teach him a lesson by raping him and calling him a "dirty woman" throughout the fic.
    Made by Trickyboxes

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-06-19)

Thanks

bespangled:
    http://decadent.popullus.net/index2.html

It's a Spike/Lilah Archive.
    I went onto this site and actually found not only the stories but also essays about fanfiction. One of them by cousinjean, one of my favorite fanfic authors. This site is an absolute gem!

flow

25. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

bespangled (14-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 800 Posts

Agreed - I have no idea how I discovered it. I love the essays!
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

flow (14-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 971 Posts

Is Rupert / Spike rare? I've never heard of Rike or Spupert so I'm thinking it fills the bill. God the ship names alone put an end to it.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

Thanks

Is Rupert / Spike rare? I've never heard of Rike or Spupert so I'm thinking it fills the bill. God the ship names alone put an end to it.
    Loving Rike and Spupert

I don't think Giles/Spike is rare. I don't think Spike with anyone is particularly rare, especially in slash fic. Giles is very popular too.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,425 Times in 5,565 Posts

You'd like to imagine it would be. Going by the smaller number of fics listed by pairing on All About Spike it isn't the rarest. There is a listing for one story on there with Anne, as in Chanterelle I believe. Which made me hope that Spike/Anne, as in his mum, would be the rarest pair. I've little hope no stories exist for it, especially with how ready people are to create any pairing with Spike despite how hugely unlikely they are, but I definitely wouldn't be sad if there are zero for that.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (14-06-19),Priceless (14-06-19)