Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rare Pairs

Thanks
    Thanked 7,612 Times in 3,639 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    That's an abomination the thought of which can only be removed with mind-bleach. You are a bad person..

In addition to not wanting to see it, I can't see it. Class might be an issue. Spike thinks Angel's a ponce - and he's insecure around him. Imagine what he'd be like if confronted with Lucifer, King of Hell and Noel Coward sound-alike (which is apparently what TE was going for - not Leslie bloody Phillips ). Lucifer might be less resistant though. He does some really interesting things with car batteries - the De Soto might be useful. Maybe they'd bond over cars? D'you think Spike would like Lucifer's Corvette?

I think they could be friends - I can see Spike and Maze working!
    Spike/Lucifer isn't a combination I particularly care for either and I apologise for even suggesting such a thing.

Ellis is very Leslie Philips, I don't care what he says . . . ding dong He's certainly not sophisticated enough to be Coward-like. I agree, as Luci is a little like Angel, Spike would feel intimidated and behave appallingly, which could be fun for everyone involved.

I've not seen enough of the show to garner Maze's character. Is she Buffy-like?

- - - Updated - - -

A pairing I would love to see is Lorne and Doyle. I wrote them in a platonic relationship as part of one of my stories and I love how funny it came out. I think they'd be a cute couple.
    Doyle/Lorne would be a lovely pairing. I imagine it quite sweet and sweetly sexy. I'd definitely read that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,459 Times in 1,906 Posts

Priceless:

I've not seen enough of the show to garner Maze's character. Is she Buffy-like?
    No - she's Spike - with breasts! At least she admits to shagging an Angel.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I used to read Anya/Giles until I realized that the popular theme of the pairing is Giles being more tolerable towards Anya's antics than Xander, and it's just not true. Giles wanted to fire Anya at one point and usually rolled his eyes at her, not to mention snapping at her to get to the point in The Gift. I'd say he tolerates her less than Xander does. There are plenty of times that show Xander enjoying Anya's way of talking and thinking, but I've yet to see something similar with Giles.
    How about Anya / Wesley then? Like Giles his watcher background would give him an understanding of her idiosyncrasies and appreciate all her demon knowledge .

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,612 Times in 3,639 Posts

I like the idea of Wesley/Anya. These are definitely opposites and Wesley would struggle to handle her. They could be fun together

Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    How about Anya / Wesley then? Like Giles his watcher background would give him an understanding of her idiosyncrasies and appreciate all her demon knowledge .
    I actually like Anya/Giles. I just don't like mellowing Giles's character to show that he's a much more understanding man. He's not. And that makes Anya/Giles FUN! I don't enjoy reading about perfect couples. I enjoy struggles, because real life couples don't really love every single thing about each other, but eventually they learn to live with them.

I never really thought about Wesley/Anya. That would be interesting. Perhaps after the whole Entropy mess, Anya decides to leave Sunnydale for good and ends up in LA, where she finds Hallie. Hallie tells her about cursing Wesley because of what he did to baby Connor, but she can't work out the curse because Connor is in another reality - hence unable to make a wish. She asks Anya for help, telling her that Wesley chained a woman in his closet and that Anya could ask the woman to make a wish. Anya goes to Wesley's apartment and finds him there, she can't reveal her identity, so they chat... my muse stopped here.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (Today),Priceless (Today)