Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BOOM! Buffy # 5 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,456 Posts

What do you think about Buffy ripping off the arm of a vampire? The more I think about it the more it seems to be very off for Buffy's character to me.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,577 Times in 3,624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    What do you think about Buffy ripping off the arm of a vampire? The more I think about it the more it seems to be very off for Buffy's character to me.

flow
    I thought that at first flow, but now I'm thinking that they have changed the character a little. They've made her angsty and angry, a little petty too. I don't think Bellaire has a handle on Buffy's character. She's different in every issue, she has no set personality. That's why I prefer Xander. They've very subtlety built up his character, kept it simple yet meaningful and it feels like they've actually put some real thought into it. With Buffy it feels like they've bought her name and built this world around her but she's nothing more than a plot contrivance.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

flow (13-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post

flow
    I have just read the issue and it didn't seem off for me. Buffy isn't above torturing vampires when she's going through something: When She Was Bad is an example of that. In this issue she just lost Xander, and she's desperate to save him, and that's why she's vicious.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (13-06-19),Priceless (13-06-19)