Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angel S 1 first time viewing and for anyone who wants to rewatch the season

Thanks
    Thanked 12,957 Times in 5,386 Posts

I understood why they'd included it, I just found it awkward. I'm not sure there is a better way they could have included it mind you, but that doesn't stop it being clunky and I suspect the vast, vast majority of fans were BtVS viewers. But yeah, I knew why it was there.

I think it is hard to believe that Cordy would put herself into that position with Winters but she is desperately struggling and perhaps that wasn't emphasised enough to think that she might have considered it, but that's why I felt that she was. It adds a layer into why she seems vulnerable when she tries to invite herself into working with Angel, she really needs to get out of the ditch she was beginning to find herself so deeply in and sees the opportunity and grasps the lifeline.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 696 Posts

Does anyone know how much in advance both shows (AtS and BtVS) kept abreast of each other's plot lines? There had to be coordination, obviously, given the number of crossovers. But was it like a bunch of episodes in advance or did they know the other's season-long arcs in advance?
    Another world is not only possible, she is on her way.
    On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing. -- Roy

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    Does anyone know how much in advance both shows (AtS and BtVS) kept abreast of each other's plot lines? There had to be coordination, obviously, given the number of crossovers. But was it like a bunch of episodes in advance or did they know the other's season-long arcs in advance?
    They used the same building for the writers but tbh I dont know how much the would've cared about another show when they were concentrating on there own. One classic example is Angel on BtVS says he's not fed of a person since he got a soul. When you watch Angel S2 Darla you'll know that false

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 Times in 768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BtVS fan View Post

Regards Cordelia my issue was that she was meant to be so desperate she went to Russell's place to sleep with him. I just don't see Cordy doing that as a character.

Side note Charisma was always very open. It was Greenwalt who was a fan of the character and pushed for her to be on Angel. She was nervous of leaving a successful show like BtVS and was promised, she'd be brought back on Buffy if it got cancelled.
    Joss didn't want her on the show but Greenwalt held firm and convinced him. CC was also quite open about the fact that she had very little experience when she was cast on BTVS and a hard time following direction - getting to her mark while remembering her lines. They had to hire a dialogue coach just for her.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-06-19)

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Joss didn't want her on the show but Greenwalt held firm and convinced him. CC was also quite open about the fact that she had very little experience when she was cast on BTVS and a hard time following direction - getting to her mark while remembering her lines. They had to hire a dialogue coach just for her.
    TBH Up until E10/11 she is kind of just there on the show and has no real connection to Angel until that point by that point she did fit on the show .
    I read when it comes to lines that SMG was so annoyed with her over it, she refused to be on set with Charisma. If you go back and watch the crossover IWRY you can clearly see there scene together that they are never in the shot together and filmed separately. I can actually see where SMG was coming from though. Learning your lines is a basic requirement for an actress.
    I'm also not quite sure what they could've done with her back on Buffy anyway. The High school bitch routine had played out by S3 anyway and they weren't in high school anymore either so it wouldn't have worked regardless
    Last edited by BtVS fan; 19-06-19 at 06:12 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-06-19)