Thanks

DS9 - Poor Priceless!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,948 Times in 3,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    DS9 - Poor Priceless!
    I'm actually quite enjoying it. It's really not as bad as I remember. I wonder why I didn't enjoy it the first time around, maybe I was too young for it?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (10-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,937 Times in 907 Posts

I'm impressed. You've certainly stayed committed to your rewatch. Maybe I should try again. I'm watching discovery and I like it.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (24-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    I'm impressed. You've certainly stayed committed to your rewatch. Maybe I should try again. I'm watching discovery and I like it.
    Well they're all on Netflix so I thought I'd give it a go. There are 7 season with about 26 eps in each season, so it's a big undertaking. I enjoyed The Next Gen, but Deep Space 9 is better. When it first aired I just wasn't interested enough to get into it, so I haven't seen most of it previously. I shall watch Voyager next, which I did watch when it first aired and I liked it, so I hope I'm not disappointed with it on a rewatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my word, I wonder if the writing staff changed in Season 3 because now, S3 Ep 22 'Explorers' we have O'Brien singing Jerusalem! I am shocked. I am also amazed that neither of the two actors in the scene, Siddig or Colm Meaney pointed out that an Irishman would never sing such a song. Maybe in the far future the Troubles are completely forgotten about and every Irishman is happy to sing the praises of England

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (26-06-19)

Graveyard Patrol HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Ooh I'll watch some Voyager & Enterprise (if yer watching) with you!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,937 Times in 907 Posts

I watched both of them before Staring Discovery. I thought they held up pretty well. Voyageur was way better than my memory of it.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (26-06-19),Priceless (26-06-19)

Thanks

Discovery really got good in S2!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (26-06-19)

Thanks

Ooh I'll watch some Voyager & Enterprise (if yer watching) with you!
    Oh definitely. I'm in S4 DS9 currently, so it might be a while before I get to Voyager, but we can def watch together. Enterprise is the one I have least memory of, I don't think I watched much of it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    I watched both of them before Staring Discovery. I thought they held up pretty well. Voyageur was way better than my memory of it.
    Voyager was always my favourite, but that might change as I am loving DS9.

- - - Updated - - -

Discovery really got good in S2!
    There's a sense that Discovery is trying to be more complex than it needs to be. I did enjoy it, and maybe I need a second viewing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Voyager was always my favourite, but that might change as I am loving DS9.
    Seriously?

Thanks

Seriously?
    Honestly, there are some cracking episodes. The dominion are invading earth, Bashir gets to play James Bond, Quark goes back to 1947 earth, Dax falls for a woman one her hosts used to be married to, Sisko gets framed as a shapeshifter . . . I liked Season 3 a lot, but Season 4 is actually knocking it out of the park. There are some really daft moments too, which I've written about, but on the whole it's been really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my word, Rom has decided to form a union and has just quoted Karl Marx. (S4 Ep 15 Bar Associaton) Deep Space 9 is full of surprises.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Enjoying an excellent DS9 rif on The Magnificent Seven with The Magnificent Ferengi (S9 Ep 10) and thinking 'that looks like Iggy Pop'. Checked Wiki and omg it is Iggy Pop I'm assuming he was a big fan of the show.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Finished all 7 seasons of DS9 and would highly recommend it. Season 4 was my favourite, but every season is good and there are some really cracking episodes. Starting Voyager now.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I used to love Neelix, but he's so jealous and controlling of Kes, he virtually accuses her of cheating in every episode. I guess that was just a funny character trait back in the early 90's, but now it would be seen as coercive control. He follows her everywhere and questions everything she does.

And I should have realised it before, but the holodeck is basically a brothel. Tom's French bar themed suite makes that so obvious, with the holo-women are once again the happy whores of men's fantasies.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (09-07-19),TimeTravellingBunny (10-07-19)

Thanks

Kes shoulda dumped his sorry butt!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (10-07-19),Priceless (09-07-19),TimeTravellingBunny (10-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,701 Times in 2,220 Posts

Finished TNG and am onto DS9, which is actually really good. I had not major complaints till S3 Ep 19 Through The Looking Glass . . . Sisco plays his own double from an alt dimension, and in that dimension Dax is his mistress, though he's also married to Jennifer. I am really shocked that he slept with this dimensions Dax! Not only because he's married here, but . . . it's Dax! He doesn't appear to fancy the Dax in his own dimension, but here he needs little convincing to sleep with her.
    Was she Dax? Or was she just Jadzia? I don't remember any of it, I think I've repressed most of the Mirror Universe episodes. Only the first one was OK, the rest were terrible. I love DS9, but the MU episodes were its worst part.

My favourite was season 5, and season 4 would rank 2nd. They were the most consistent in quality. Seasons 6 and 7 had some of the best episodes and arcs, but also some really poor writing decisions.

Who are your favourite characters?

- - - Updated - - -

Well they're all on Netflix so I thought I'd give it a go. There are 7 season with about 26 eps in each season, so it's a big undertaking. I enjoyed The Next Gen, but Deep Space 9 is better. When it first aired I just wasn't interested enough to get into it, so I haven't seen most of it previously. I shall watch Voyager next, which I did watch when it first aired and I liked it, so I hope I'm not disappointed with it on a rewatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my word, I wonder if the writing staff changed in Season 3 because now, S3 Ep 22 'Explorers' we have O'Brien singing Jerusalem! I am shocked. I am also amazed that neither of the two actors in the scene, Siddig or Colm Meaney pointed out that an Irishman would never sing such a song. Maybe in the far future the Troubles are completely forgotten about and every Irishman is happy to sing the praises of England
    I know nothing of the subject, but Colm Meaney is most definitely Irish, while Siddig definitely isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to love Neelix, but he's so jealous and controlling of Kes, he virtually accuses her of cheating in every episode. I guess that was just a funny character trait back in the early 90's, but now it would be seen as coercive control. He follows her everywhere and questions everything she does.

And I should have realised it before, but the holodeck is basically a brothel. Tom's French bar themed suite makes that so obvious, with the holo-women are once again the happy whores of men's fantasies.
    Neelix is one of the most hated Trek characters, so maybe that wasn't so acceptable in the 1990s, either.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-07-19)

Thanks

Was she Dax? Or was she just Jadzia? I don't remember any of it, I think I've repressed most of the Mirror Universe episodes. Only the first one was OK, the rest were terrible. I love DS9, but the MU episodes were its worst part.

My favourite was season 5, and season 4 would rank 2nd. They were the most consistent in quality. Seasons 6 and 7 had some of the best episodes and arcs, but also some really poor writing decisions.

Who are your favourite characters?
    As far as I remember, it was definitely Dax, and Sisco needed no convincing to sleep with her. I was really shocked I did actually enjoy all the MU episodes, especially Nana Visitor camping it up as a psychopathic Kira. She was fun.

My favourite season would be 4, I really enjoyed that one and there were few if none drawbacks. Season 5 was very good, but there were a few episodes I didn't enjoy. Seasons's 6 and 7 were also good, but the character of Vic Fontaine was given too much airtime imo and changed the show too much.

I liked most of the characters, but Quark is great, and Jadzia was fun, I really enjoyed her relationship with Worf and actually cried when she died!

I know nothing of the subject, but Colm Meaney is most definitely Irish, while Siddig definitely isn't.
    An Irishman wouldn't sing Jerusalem, I don't think. But ST is set so far into the future, maybe wars from the 1600's have been forgotten about and it's a sign of how peaceful Earth is now. The actor who played Julian's dad is actually an Israeli, he also played Raj's dad on Big Bang.

Neelix is one of the most hated Trek characters, so maybe that wasn't so acceptable in the 1990s, either.
    That's good to know! I can't remember what I thought of him back then, but he has gotten better as the series goes on. They do try hard to make him lovable.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How far along are you in Voyager?

Thanks

How far along are you in Voyager?
    Currently on Season 2 Ep 23, The Thaw. I'm not really enjoying it as much as I thought i would. Maybe it picks up when Seven of Nine comes aboard.

Oh, we have had one fantastic Q episode, which i loved. One of the Q wanted to kill themselves and it was a study on how meaningless eternal life becomes. When it's good, it's very good, but mostly it's been pretty average so far.

Thanks

Are you gonna watch Enterprise after?

Thanks

Are you gonna watch Enterprise after?
    Yes, probably. I might as well, while I'm in the Star Trek frame of mind I don't have good memories of it. I think there's only four characters I can actually remember.