Thread: Perfumes for Ships

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 696 Posts

Default Perfumes for Ships

A lighthearted thread idea. I saw this idea elsewhere and it seemed like fun.

What perfume represents ships and characters from the Buffyverse? Name the scent and add its description (which should also describe the ship or character) You could come up with one for each, or just your favourites.

Example:

SPRUSILLA: Tom Ford's Black Orchid

Black Orchid is opulent and classically dark, a luxurious, sensual fragrance with a rich, dark trace of black orchid and spices, it is modern and timeless. “This is not about any ordinary orchid, it is about something a little more strange and rare. I wanted the blackest orchid, and those aren’t always easy to find.” The top notes are French jasmine, black truffle, ylang-ylang, black currant, and effervescent citrus. In the floral-spicy heart dwells Tom Ford’s black orchid, more imaginary than real, while the base combines woodsy notes (patchouli and sandalwood), dark chocolate, incense, amber, vetiver, vanilla and balsam.

Come up with your own examples for different ships!
    Another world is not only possible, she is on her way.
    On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing. -- Roy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Stoney (17-05-19),thenewbuzwuzz (16-05-19),TriBel (16-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,640 Times in 2,007 Posts

TBH my initial thought was "SG's got too much time on her hands" then I remembered I'd actually started to draft a fic that involved Spike, his alter-ego, Tom Hiddlestone, a Tom Ford suit and Tom Ford's F****** Fabulous fragrance...and yes - it's REALLY called that!

So...for Spuffy. or just Spike - though it's unisex. It's also bloody expensive!

F****** Fabulous

"Explicit. Exclusive. Fabulous.
    A decadent oriental leather with an intoxicating grip captures a rarefied air. Evoking the private exchanges and insider moments where fantasies come true, the scent can only be described in one way. With a name that says it all, the vibrant opening makes an instant statement as clary sage and fresh lavender command attention with aromatic foreplay. Delectable bitter almond and vanilla inflections infuse textural richness to the leather heart. Drenched in orrisroot from the iris flower, the full luscious body of the supple italian plonge reveals its exquisite beauty. Addictive tonka bean and lavish leather drive the scent as amber undertones reverberate with a warm glow. Ultra-fine blonde woods create a confident expression of pure luxury with a creamy finish". https://www.tomford.co.uk/****ing-fa...lor=OC#start=5
    Last edited by TriBel; 16-05-19 at 03:44 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (16-05-19),Stoney (17-05-19),thenewbuzwuzz (16-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 908 Posts

I'm voting SG has to much time on her hands as does TB. For those of us that have jobs/lives please provide a link to perfume descriptions so we can play too.

Since I know nothing of perfume I'll make up my own for spuffy: it's called Bloody Hell and it has undertones of pigs blood and vanilla with just a hint of marshmallows and hot sauce.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-05-19),SpuffyGlitz (16-05-19),TriBel (16-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    I'm voting SG has to much time on her hands as does TB. For those of us that have jobs/lives please provide a link to perfume descriptions so we can play too.

Since I know nothing of perfume I'll make up my own for spuffy: it's called Bloody Hell and it has undertones of pigs blood and vanilla with just a hint of marshmallows and hot sauce.
    Not to rub it in but some of us are actually at work with time on our hands!

Bangle (or perhaps Buffy S1-3). Do I sound petty if I point out a) my mother wears it and b) it's a tenth of the price of my Spuffy choice? The bottle's nice though!:

MUGLER’s Angel perfume, the best perfume for women who are angelic, devilish, or a little bit of both. Held in a star-shaped bottle with luminous facets, it is distant yet near, tiny yet immense, timely yet classic. With an overdose of sensual and sweet notes, this seductive women’s perfume is rich with bergamot, sweet red fruits, vanilla, caramel and patchouli
    Last edited by TriBel; 16-05-19 at 03:42 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (16-05-19),Priceless (16-05-19),SpuffyGlitz (16-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,952 Times in 3,808 Posts

I'm with GoSpuffy, how do you become the sort of person who know's about perfumes and where to find their descriptions?

By the way, remember to spray behind the knees

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (16-05-19),SpuffyGlitz (16-05-19),TriBel (16-05-19)

Thanks

@GoSpuffy and @Priceless. I despair of the youth of today. Where's your sense of adventure? For instance, type in Sexy Perfumes then click on one - there's usually a description with it. For example:

"Delving into a deeper, more refined scent for the connoisseur of fragrance, Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men Eau de Parfum reveals a denser, more intense re-imagining of the original (could be Spike ) Eau de Toilette. Conquering a definitively charismatic masculinity (Angel?), The One for Men embodies a perfect reflection of the Dolce & Gabbana man, sophisticated and bold with a seductive charm. I'm going with Xander but worn ironically!

Not as good as my Tom Ford choice though!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-05-19),SpuffyGlitz (16-05-19)

Thanks

LOL! You guys are taking the thread far too seriously - it's really not a serious thread - you can come up with anything you like

I love the choices already

I'm writing on costume and star image so this sort of dovetails with that. I've been dipping into Barbara Herman's Scent and Subversion: Decoding a Century of Provocative Perfume https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scent-Subve.../dp/0762784385 and Sam Wasson's Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. https://www.harpercollins.com/978006...-avenue-5-a-m/ - both interesting but I wanted a diversion!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-05-19),TriBel (16-05-19)

Thanks

Hey SG - just thought I'd point out that you weren't the "youth of today" I was despairing of - it was Pricey and GS!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-05-19),SpuffyGlitz (16-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,952 Times in 3,808 Posts

I cannot tell you how much I love being called a 'youth'

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (16-05-19)

Thanks

Priceless:

Yeah...well bear in mind it's relative and I'm old!

Opus 1870 Eau de Toilette heritage

Wesley on BtVS or early AtS - uses a lot of words but says nothing useful. I stopped reading at "the story develops".

"Quite simply, a masterpiece, indeed, an Opus! Like every opus, this is wide ranging, a complete oeuvre that inspires and reveals itself in chapters….The preface; a companion that is robust, but never heavy. Classic without being déjà vu. A fragrance that stands for tradition in a way that transcends time. As the story develops: A chypre exhibiting at every stage an invisible precision. Signing its individuality with a vigorous dose of pepper - but one that never bites. Illuminated by fresh Japanese citrus yuzu. The crescendo: Finely balanced with English Rose and clove. The finale: Musks, and a medley of exquisite woods (Cedarwood, Australian sandalwood, Gaiac wood). A perfume with facets that chime in time. A perfume story that enchants.
    The End."
    Last edited by TriBel; 16-05-19 at 08:03 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (17-05-19),SpuffyGlitz (16-05-19),thenewbuzwuzz (16-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 908 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Me too! Best thing I've been called in ages. So much better than the youth of the last millennial circa 1970!!

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (17-05-19),TriBel (16-05-19)

Thanks

TriBel I love your choice for Spuffy!! And the character ones for Xander, Angel, Wesley... I'm trying to think of one for Spuffy S6 but I'll post when I do lol - there's no topping yours! Meanwhile:

Angel (season 2): Givenchy's Ange ou Demon

The dualistic nature of Ange ou Demon (Angel or Devil) allures with its mystery and versatility, it scandalises and seduces. The strong charismatic oriental composition is innocently crystal and sensual at the same time. Top notes of mandarin, white cumin and saffron open the way to the opulent floral heart: a strong lily undertone in alliance with casual notes of Maxillaria orchid and exotic ylang ylang. The trace is dominated by woodsy rosewood and dense oak moss, while powdery Tonka and vanilla end this composition. The ingredients are encased in a tear shaped talisman, translucent, yet dark and secret. http://www.allbeauty.com/gb/en/13145...um-spray-100ml

Bangel (specifically season 2) : Yves Rocher's Moment de Bonheur (Moment of Happiness)

A fragrance with a burst of green and heady notes that reveal a floral heart of rosa centifolia. The woody base with notes of patchouli and cedar add a vibrant effect that underscores its elegance. Light and subtle, it contains the promise of happiness. https://www.yves-rocher.pl/woda_perfumowana_50_ml

Spoiler:

Bangel S7: MIRACLE by Lancôme

Lancome Miracle is a beautiful fragrance that entices and encourages the wearer to cherish every second of life as a miracle. This perfume can be described in two simple words, revolution and energy. Its beauty lies in living, in preserving interests, in seeing and treasuring every second, and in the ability to start all over again. It opens with sweet top notes of litchi and freesia that flow into a spiced heart of ginger, pink pepper, mandarin, magnolia and jasmine and entices the wearer to savour every second. A vibrant, sparkling fragrance that opens like the dawning of a new day, the scent closes with base notes of warming amber and gentle musk, leaving a lingering jasmine accord. https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/la...y-0074577.html

Spoiler:
    Briley Early S5: Bobbi Brown's Beach

A light, happy, and nostalgic scent that evokes warm sunshine and the sea breeze. This soft, floral scent captures the atmosphere and attitude of a relaxed summer. Designed with an intoxicating blend of jasmine and mandarin, this eau de parfum is wearable anytime, anywhere. The white floral heart is a mix of jasmine and sea spray. The top notes are mandarin and neroli while the base consists of sand and driftwood.
    https://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product...ragrance/beach
    Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 17-05-19 at 09:34 AM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (17-05-19),Stoney (17-05-19),TriBel (17-05-19)

Thanks

OMG SG! I have to have this one!

It's got Baudelaire AND the flâneur in it!

What d'you reckon? Angel - maybe AtS 1/2 or does it flatter him too much?

Amouage Memoir Man

Alluring, philosophical and smooth. Amouage Memoir Man is a scent beyond sense and reason, with the sombre mood of an existential journey.

This woody and leather fougère scent is a duality of tradition and sparkling modernity, a nod to Baudelaire’s flâneur who walked the promenades of Paris to observe the world and equally be observed. Like a swan he is outwardly refined, but his passion and intellect are anything but restrained.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (17-05-19),SpuffyGlitz (17-05-19)

Thanks

OMG TriBel! You're a genius at this! :clap: That description is uncanny...I can picture Angel in his mansion reading Sartre! Please think of one for Spike!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

TriBel (17-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    OMG TriBel! You're a genius at this! :clap: That description is uncanny...I can picture Angel in his mansion reading Sartre! Please think of one for Spike!
    Someone on "another" board mentioned the fragrance in a different context and I looked it up. It's bloody brilliant isn't it? I wish it could be applicable to Spike but it has to be Angel.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (17-05-19)

Thanks

How about this for S6 Spuffy?

Spuffy S6: TABAC BLOND by Caron

Spoiler:

Wanpouille and Daltroff became secret lovers, and it was perhaps this hidden love that resulted in an overspill of passion into their perfumes. Tabac Blond is classified as a floral leather. For some it mimics to perfection the scent of pale yellow-gold tobacco leaves. An ode to the newly emancipated woman, Tabac Blond was tailored for breaking free. Its heart is leather and vanilla. It is a dry scent, not sweet at all. It conjures supreme sophistication with flashes of lime, piquant carnation and warm, smouldering cedar, patchouli and musk.

This is perfume genius, as easy to wear as a perfectly cut trench coat. Not smotheringly sweet, but powdery, dark and seethingly sexual. Tabac Blond was ahead of its time, too beautiful to serve as a functional perfume. Conceived in love, Tabac Blond is not only one of the greatest scents ever made, it occupies a unique place in olfactory history as the first feminist fragrance. An homage to freedom, Tabac Blond is a subtly ambiguous fragrance that combines leathery top notes usually found in men's fragrances with an eternally feminine patchouli bouquet.

http://thevintageperfumevault.blogsp...bac-blond.html
    Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 17-05-19 at 09:21 AM. Reason: adding images

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (17-05-19),Stoney (17-05-19),TriBel (17-05-19)