Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 U.S. Presidential Election Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 9,095 Times in 4,390 Posts

President Trump is in the UK and it did make me laugh when he said he wouldn't want anything to do with the NHS even if it were offered to him on a silver platter. Who really knows if that's true or not.

From what I've seen as an outsider, Elizabeth Warren is popular on social media. But I expect Trump is far more popular in the real world.

Thanks

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...eral_election/

* US Senator Bernie Sanders has the best chance of beating US President Donald Trump, but the top 4-5 candidates would all very likely beat him. US President Trump is unpopular.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,044 Posts

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Trumps numbers have stayed fairly stable . He's polarizing but as long as he keeps his core support I expect he will win re-election. Personally I don't understand it, many of his supporters are bright rational people but simply blind to how inappropriate trump is as president. History will have a field day looking back on this period.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (04-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,235 Times in 862 Posts

It all depends on how the independents break. He's lost the suburbs since he took office, in particular suburban women. He'll need to pick up a lot of independents to make up that loss. And now the senate has a chance to shoot themselves in the foot over the impeachment. In a government where all three branches hold equal power executive does not hold over personnel. That's a clear case of obstruction, and an impeachable offense.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,959 Times in 1,859 Posts

Barring significant economic reversals, he's going to be reelected with probably a larger electoral margin. It's not there to provoke argument, but honestly people need to have at least engaged this thought at some point between now and the election to minimize the damage being completely blindsided by it might cause.

Banner by LRae12

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingofCretins For This Useful Post:

flow (04-12-19),Priceless (04-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,235 Times in 862 Posts

It's a whole year away. Time for many bombshells and much Russian interference.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a whole year away. Time for many bombshells and much Russian interference. Fivethirtyeight looks kinda grim for him but it's way too early too even prognosticate.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,095 Times in 4,390 Posts

I don't think Trumps core or natural voters care about Russian involvement, or even impeachment. I think he'll be re-elected. There doesn't seem to be anyone on the Democratic side that's really galvanising public opinion, no one charismatic or exciting for voters, without being too 'out there' and 'scary woke'