Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7

Thanks
    Thanked 9,103 Times in 4,393 Posts

Default Game of Thrones Season 7

Season 6 was absolutely amazing. I loved it, and am looking forward to starting Season 7. I have my favourites and I'm hoping they prosper; Dany, Jorah, Arya, Sansa, Davos, Varys . . . I also hope to see Gendry and The Hound again as we didn't see a lot of them last season.

7.01 Dragonstone

I knew Arya was Waldo, of course, because we'd seen her kill him. The wine had to be poison. But it was still wonderful to see Arya take her revenge. Winter most certainly came for House Fray.

Ok, Lady Mormont might be my favourite character in all of GoT. She keeps making me tear up.

Enjoyed seeing Jon stand up to Sansa, and getting all the Northern families to stand together. But Baelish can see a division forming and he's going to be in there like a rat up a drainpipe. Sansa is a great adviser and Jon should listen to her.

I am hopeful Tyrion at least has lots of children, so the Lannister dynasty continues through him, that would be so ironic.

OMG Jorah. He's in a cell in the monastry. Oh no, he hasn't found a cure. I don't think my ship is going to sail into the sunset. I don't want him to die alone ins some cell, cared for by Samwell ****ing Tarley, he deserves so much better than that. Goddammit, this has really annoyed me. Ed Sheeran gets to sing his stupid song, and Jorah dies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (30-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,031 Times in 5,806 Posts

Not an Ed Sheeran fan or just feeling fraught??

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (29-04-19),TriBel (30-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Not an Ed Sheeran fan or just feeling fraught??
    Sorry, I write these as I'm watching and Jorah's fate had me nearly distraught. I took my pain out on Ed and Samwell and I am sorry I did that. I don't hate Ed or Sam, and apologise to all their fans.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Stoney (29-04-19),TriBel (30-04-19)

Thanks

Glad yer enjoyed S6 too. S6 was one of the better seasons. Especially after what was probably the weakest (S5). Lyanna Mormont is great! Still say that Sansa would make a great queen (especially if paired up with Tyrion).

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (30-04-19),Stoney (30-04-19),TriBel (30-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Glad yer enjoyed S6 too. S6 was one of the better seasons. Especially after what was probably the weakest (S5). Lyanna Mormont is great! Still say that Sansa would make a great queen (especially if paired up with Tyrion).
    Season 6 was great, really enjoyed it. The battles were amazing and there was such great character growth. Sansa would be a great Queen, but she'd need good advisers as she's a tiny bit twisted, though who can blame her, she has the guilt of her father's death, which she saw, she was continually raped and tortured for god knows how long, and the guy who sold her to the rapist is now crushing on her, her life is particularly vile. In fact of all the main characters, she's probably suffered the most.

- - - Updated - - -

7.02 Stormborn

I do not like Dany turning on Varys. This isn't Dany. She's no fool to be sure, but I don't understand why she's turning on him, he's done nothing wrong. He gives a great speech in vindication, and I admire him even more. Dany has become very scary now she's home, and her hair has turned grey.

OMG Jorah is so brave. My heart broke for him. I wanted him to pass out, the pain was that awful. I refuse to be hopeful, I don't expect Sam to cure him, but I hope that his death is meaningful in some way, that he fights bravely and with honour and is remembered. I hope he sees Dany one more time.

- - - Updated - - -

7.03 The Queen's Justice

The meeting between Jon and Dany was very entertaining. They both fought their corner well, and I am in no doubt Dany will support the King of the North.

Poor Theon, he goes from misery to misery. I don't really care about the other Greyjoys or the Dornish. Cersei killing the daughter was an incredible revenge, and then she's all hot for Jaime. I don't think she's well, the loss of her children has driven her to madness.

All this nonsense between Dany and Jon is . . . nonsense, because they're the best looking duo in the show, if they don't get together it would be the first time in television history it's ever never happened. I'm finding no joy in them pussyfooting around, with all the political intrigue, dragon glass mining, oh who's gonna fight in who's war, that's all blah. Dany is very much less interesting and Jon is as uninteresting as he ever was.

Oh my god Jorah is well. I shall never say anything bad about Sam again. He's a genius! I thought if was going to fail. My ship is at sea again!!! And don't anyone say a bad word about Sam again.

The unsullied taking Casterly Rock was very good, but I felt so sorry for Lady Tyrell and High Garden. I've always liked the Tyrells, it's a shame to see the family finished. I loved Lady Tyrell at the end, it felt like she got a tiny bit of revenge.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (01-05-19),TriBel (30-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,026 Times in 2,195 Posts

Priceless:

My ship is at sea again!!! And don't anyone say a bad word about Sam again.
    And good luck to all who sail in her! Can I say just say I think Sam's an arse in 8. 03? It's not a very bad word...I can think of worse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Priceless:

And good luck to all who sail in her! Can I say just say I think Sam's an arse in 8. 03? It's not a very bad word...I can think of worse.
    Take that back! Sam saved Jorah's life, for which I shall be eternally grateful. I'm still on S7 so I can't comment on S8. But now I know Sam survives at least till episode 3 or S8

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (01-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Take that back! Sam saved Jorah's life, for which I shall be eternally grateful. I'm still on S7 so I can't comment on S8. But now I know Sam survives at least till episode 3 or S8
    Oh bloody hell! Sorry! I forgot "being alive" was as big a spoiler as "being dead". There used to be a time when "being alive" was kinda the default position. When did life (or not) become this complicated? He walks funny...like an inelegant Charlie Chaplin...has he always walked funny?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (01-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Oh bloody hell! Sorry! I forgot "being alive" was as big a spoiler as "being dead". There used to be a time when "being alive" was kinda the default position. When did life (or not) become this complicated? He walks funny...like an inelegant Charlie Chaplin...has he always walked funny?
    In Game of Thrones, being alive is a spoiler Yes Sam has always walked funny. I don't think pushing that trolley full of bedpans up and down the library helped with his gait But I will not criticise Sam! He's a genius and a wonderful character in every way.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (01-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I don't think she's well, the loss of her children has driven her to madness.
    Short drive

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (01-05-19),Stoney (02-05-19),TriBel (01-05-19)

Thanks

Short drive
    NAIL. ON. HEAD!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (01-05-19),Priceless (01-05-19)

Thanks

7.04 The Spoils of War

The meeting between Jon and Theon was interesting. I thought Jon might beat him down, but he restrained himself.

Dickon! I just realised he's meant to be Sams brother, but it's a different actor. This guy's from The Umbrella Academy.

Dany and the dragon and the Dothraki destroying Jamie's army was horrible, but so satisfying after their victory at High Garden. It was like watching the Roman army fight American Indians, but bizarre and terrifying. I was worried the dragon would be killed and I was hoping Jamie would be, but of course that jammy bastard got away, and that beautiful dragon was injured. I am praying he's okay. The battle was brilliantly choreographed, as all the battles in GoT have been.

Thanks

I love seeing the emotional responses from Tyrion to Jaime, such a lot of loyalty and feeling there. The dynamics of the Lannister siblings is a fascinating aspect of the show to me. And of course, in contrast still, I rejoiced that Jaime escaped and I'm more inclined to question Dany's judgements/actions. Agree the battles are excellent.

Thanks

Blergh Jamie Lannister . . . not a fan. He's okay, but he's not my favourite (if it's a choice between sacrifce Jaime or the dragon, it's goodbye Jaime for me) I do like how the brothers look after each other when they need to and I do admire that loyalty, but surely that's the least that can be expected. I'm just not a Lannister fan. Tyrion has grown on me, but I preferred Tywin to all of them.

I agree, Dany has lost a bit of her coolness. She's not used to losing and she's not handling it well. There's a definite difference between the epic/biblical Dany of Seasons 1-6 and this new, frustrated and angry Dany of S7. I'm looking forward to seeing how the season ends for her.

Thanks

Dany doesn't handle loss well. Plus can be a bit full of herself at times.

Thanks

Dany doesn't handle loss well. Plus can be a bit full of herself at times.
    She's been a leader for a long time, and has been treated like the second coming, godlike. It must be hard for her to be humble. She really needs Jorah to counsel her better. Tyrion and Varys are both good, but Jorah could really help her.

- - - Updated - - -

7.05 Eastwatch

This episode gave me Jorah, Gendry and The Hound, so it has to rate as one of the best episodes, three of my favourite characters altogether going on an adventure. If they don't all return in one piece I will not be happy.

I was praying the dragon was okay and he was. Dany certainly has taken a turn for the 'top dictator' role hasn't she. Giving people the choice of death or kneeling before her doesn't really give them a choice at all and can only lead to trouble. Now the father and son Tarley have been incinerated, does that mean Sam is the Lord now?

Oh no, does that mad Frankenstein doctor bring a dragon back from the dead for Cersei? You can only fight dragons with dragons, and he's crazy enough to be able to do it, and they have the skeletons under the castle . . . is it possible?

Jorah!!!! I'm so glad he's back with Dany. But he had to watch Daario insinuate himself into her bed, now he's got to watch the Blandest man in Seven Kingdoms do the same. Goddamn it. I know no one owes you love or sex or anything, but Jorah loves her so much, and she cares for him, I just wish she could love him back. I'm a sucker for unrequited love. Am I the only person in the world who ships Joany . . . Darah . . .?

Gendry!!! OMG, both my ships are back at sea!!! He looks great, and I am still convinced he and Arya are meant for each other! They need to be back on screen together. I love that he goes with Davos, without an argument, ready for the fight, and the way he talks to Jon, like he's meant for leadership and a place in power (or next to power)

Cersei's pregnant! That's a shocker I didn't see coming. She's determined to rebuild the Lannister dynasty.

Oh my god, Sam was so close to learning the truth about Jon! Goddammit, these people are so annoying.

Baelish lurking in the shadows was one of the creepiest visuals I've seen on this show.

Bronze Party-Goer StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

A few thoughts:

Cersei has not been driven mad
    by the loss of her children—

She has always been single-minded
    in seeking the survival (even if that means
    the death—remember the Battle of Blackwater?)
    of those whom she deems her family...

And remember that she blew up countless people
    and a good part of the city at the end of S6—and
    clearly enjoyed doing so—

Enjoyed it so much that she went on to torture
    her Septum (is that the proper title?) rather than
    going to care for Tommon: had she done the latter,
    he might not have suicided...

So she has no one to blame for the loss of her
    last child but herself....

That she enjoys doing violence, emotional or
    physical, to those whom she sees as a threat
    has been clear for so, so very long: remember,
    as Oleanna reminded her, Cersei's smirk when
    the Faith militant carried off Margaery and Loras?

And her long hatred for Tyrian blinded her to the
    fact that he was very unlikely to be the murderer
    of Joeffrey—prevented her from seeking the truth...

None of which is to say I hate her, as I deem her
    a marvelous fictional invention (characters are
    not people, after all—they are representations)...
    although I most hope that Arya gets to kill her,
    as Cersei is still the first name on her list...

On a related point, I do not think that she is
    truly hot for Jamie at this point: she is sleeping
    with him to keep him by her side and to make
    a son, to, as Priceless points out, keep
    the Lanister dynasty going... I think she ceased
    to love him long ago, when he failed to return
    for so long...

As for Dany: I have voiced my doubts about her
    above—or, I guess, on the S* thread: she has
    always seemed to me to be far too imbued with
    privilege... Yes, she has done noble things, but
    she has always done them as the Queen—she
    asked the Unsullied, once she freed them, to
    fight for her, not with her...

Thus her burning of the Tarleys comes as no surprise:
    it emerges from that privilege, which cannot bear
    being denied, that has always manifested a certain
    tyrannical edge....

And no, I do not think that Jorah is the one to
    advise her here: I know you love him, Priceless,
    and I understand, although I do not, much as I
    regard... But he is simply too much in love, too
    much in awe—he lacks the distance to say no to
    her, the distance and experience that Varys, who
    served the Mad King and suffers the guilt of having
    done nothing, has... An experience that Tyrion
    also lacks... Besides, I think that Tyrion is also
    in love with her...

I do have problems with this season: one of them is
    that I cannot believe that Tyrion would make so
    many mistakes...

And I confess that I muchly adhere to Jon—not just
    because I have a thing for broody men, but because
    I find he has vision and the courage to see it through—
    and have a certain affection for Sam... Put it down
    to the academic in me...

But Arya and Sansa come first...

Am enjoying, Priceless, going through the seasons
    with you once again...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to StateOfSiege97 For This Useful Post:

Stoney (03-05-19)

Thanks

I agree that Cersei and Jaime have moved away from what they once were and had together. Perhaps this is because of their different agendas that was really highlighted by the loss of their children and Cersei's obsessive clutching for power and vindictive attempt to blame Tyrion with their father. I don't think Jaime has the thirst for blood that she does and actually has a sense of honour (not without flaws of course) and a greater focus on connections/family.

I've never gotten the impression Tyrion is in love with Daenerys, although I do think that he truly believes in her as Queen. Is there anything in particular he's done/said which gave you the impression he was?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

StateOfSiege97 (03-05-19)

Bronze Party-Goer StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I agree that Cersei and Jaime have moved away from what they once were and had together. Perhaps this is because of their different agendas that was really highlighted by the loss of their children and Cersei's obsessive clutching for power and vindictive attempt to blame Tyrion with their father. I don't think Jaime has the thirst for blood that she does and actually has a sense of honour (not without flaws of course) and a greater focus on connections/family.

I've never gotten the impression Tyrion is in love with Daenerys, although I do think that he truly believes in her as Queen. Is there anything in particular he's done/said which gave you the impression he was?

I very much agree with you, Stoney, about the divergence
    between Jamie and Cerseió

As for Tyrion and Daenerysó

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, but his
    reaction to certain events at the end of the season
    make me think this....

32. The Following User Says Thank You to StateOfSiege97 For This Useful Post:

Stoney (03-05-19)

Thanks

Ok, I just flicked on something on youtube and saw 'Arya & Gendry' video. I flicked right off it straight away, but the image seemed to be of them kissing . . . is this just a shippers video or are Arya & Gendry and actual thing on the show??? I don't want to know! But I think of sort of do sort of know that they are a 'thing' on the show. Or is just a fan vid, like Cordy/Giles pairing - never happened on the show but a shipper loved it enough to make a vid about it?

Guess the only way to know for sure is to keep watching . . . (once I'm all caught up, I'm going searching for Jorah/Dany videos, and there better be thousands )

7.06 Beyond The Wall

The boys went on their adventures. Jorah, Gendry and The Hound were all their usual entertaining, wonderful, sympathetic selves. That bloody night walker bear made me jump when it attacked. I was worried when they sent Gendry off, I thought that was a sure way of getting him killed, but he was an absolute hero, as actually were all the men on that rock. Once again the show managed to instill a real sense of jeopardy, so unusual in such a long running show. The absolute sense of relief when Dany and those dragons came flying over the ice! The death of that dragon was horrible. Poor Dany.

Wow the tension between Sansa and Arya during their fight was wonderful. Just a fantastic scene, with right on both sides. Baelish was so damn creepy, but so was Arya, who was downright scary.

- - - Updated - - -

7.07 The Dragon and the Wolf

I am really excited for this episode. This season has been building and building . . .

I can't help but feel a bit sorry for the Lannisters. Dany likes to make an entrance. Euron declaring he was going home and just walking out was a ballsy move I thought. It felt like something momentous happened when Cersei agreed to help fight in the great war, and I was shocked at Cersei's betrayal, I really didn't expect that, and I'd totally fallen for Euron walking away. I should have known Cersei wouldn't have allowed that. I did think for a moment she would have Jamie killed, but he obviously knows her better.

Poor Theon, he made his peace with Jon and then got beat down by his own countryman. But he earned back a little respect and went to rescue his sister.

Oh my Lord, the trial of Baelish was so good. The set up between Sansa and Arya was so well done over the last couple of episodes, the outcome so unexpected. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him die at the sisters hands, the perfect ending for him. I loved seeing the Stark sisters bonding, they are both great, not sure which one I like the best.

The truth comes out, Rhaegar and Lyanna were Jon's parents and he's the heir to the Iron Throne. What a tangled mess, with sleeping with Dany. Which I am really against by the way, and not just because they are related! I can see why StateofSiege97 thought Tyrion might be in love with Dany, the way he walked away from her door once he knew she and Jon were together.

Oh my god that blue fire breathing dead dragon. He'll destroy the wall before Dany even gets there!

What an excellent season. Can't wait to see what happens next!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (04-05-19),Stoney (04-05-19),TriBel (04-05-19)