Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Character Are You

Thanks
    Thanked 8,443 Times in 4,071 Posts

Default Which Character Are You

https://quiz.tryinteract.com/#/5cb881f6deae7100142975c8

Found this quiz on LJ, thought it was fun. I know nothing about Harry Potter so I had to guess which house I was, and that may have skewed the results Anyway, I got Dru

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (22-04-19),MikeB (23-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19),TriBel (22-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 800 Posts

I'm Buffy. I wanted to be Giles, or Willow. Maybe that's why Buffy gets miserable.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (22-04-19),TriBel (22-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 777 Posts

I got Buffy as well.
    buffylover made this stunning banner

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

MikeB (23-04-19),Priceless (22-04-19),TriBel (22-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,440 Times in 5,577 Posts

I love doing these kinds of quizzes. I got Spike, which I'm pretty sure is what I've got when I've done BtVS ones like this before.
    Last edited by Stoney; 22-04-19 at 10:55 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

bespangled (23-04-19),MikeB (23-04-19),Priceless (22-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19),TriBel (22-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,167 Posts

LOL! I did this on another board about a week ago and got Spike. This despite the fact that a) I misread the first question and clicked on S1, which is my least favourite season and he isn't in the damned thing. b) I've never read or watched any HP so I've no idea of the significance of Houses - I just clicked on the first. c) The weather's good and when the weather's good I listen to soul, soulful house and chill-out music. After going through my music collection I realised I didn't fit into any category and so by the same token fitted into every category. In the end I randomly clicked - on what I can't remember. d) My job wasn't listed so I clicked on "Doctor" which is technically true but I'm fairly sure it meant MD and I'm not. I honestly thought, given Spike's experiences with doctors, this would be the kiss of death but it wasn't.

Priceless:

Anyway, I got Dru
    I've just spit coffee on my keyboard!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

MikeB (23-04-19),Priceless (22-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19),Stoney (22-04-19)

Thanks

I'd love to know what leans a result one way or the other with these things as I don't think any of our answers you mentioned matched apart from Gryffindor (which I only opted for because I've previously taken a Sorting Hat Quiz which had me as mostly Gryffindor or Ravenclaw). If I put in Ravenclaw with all my other answers the same I still get Spike. I suspect answering 'Spike' for favourites, writing as a dream job, black as fave colour and Rest in Peace as my favourite OMWF song might be 'Spike' ones that together tipped it that way. Also that I can be blunt as a fault perhaps.
    Last edited by Stoney; 22-04-19 at 11:08 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (22-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I'd love to know what leans a result one way or the other with these things as I don't think any of our answers matched apart from Gryffindor (which I only opted for because I've previously taken a Sorting Hat Quiz which had me as mostly Gryffindor or Ravenclaw). If I put in Ravenclaw with all my other answers the same I still get Spike.
    LOL! I've just done it again and put in what I thought I'd put in last time (except I clicked 7 not 1) and got Buffy! Other than the fact we both have a liking for Spike, I'm the most unbuffy type person ever.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

MikeB (23-04-19),Priceless (22-04-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 721 Posts

I got Willow. Accurate, to be honest.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

MikeB (23-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19)

Thanks

Well i wish I'd got Buffy, so I am jealous of you all!

I don't think I'm anything like Dru in any way.

Can someone give me a one line outline of the HP houses so I might have more of a clue? Hate to admit I have watched all the movies, though only once, and still don't know the differences between the houses.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19),TriBel (22-04-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 721 Posts

I know nothing about Harry Potter. I picked "Slytherin" because it sounds kinda cool \_(ツ)_/

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

Priceless (22-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (23-04-19),StateOfSiege97 (22-04-19),TriBel (22-04-19)

Bronze Party-Goer StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

Being clueless about Harry Potter, I picked "Slytherin" because
    a thing of evil did...

ended up with Buffy, which makes sense:

much as i adore Spike, she is the character with whom i most identify...

i can pretty much guess which answers determined this, but
    am still curious about the algorithm....

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StateOfSiege97 For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (22-04-19),MikeB (23-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19),Stoney (22-04-19),TriBel (22-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 580 Posts

I did the quiz a couple of days ago and got Buffy... Not really accurate in my case (although there are a few things I have in common with her, she's definitely not the character I'm most similar to). And for the record, I picked Hufflepuff as my house, so I don't think the answer to this question makes a big difference for the Buffy outcome.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

MikeB (23-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19),Stoney (22-04-19),TriBel (22-04-19)

Thanks

I think I have similar personality traits to a few of the characters, but probably most especially Spike and Willow. I relate a lot to things Buffy and Willow go through as well.

This gives a summary of the qualities of the houses (copied below). There are gazillions of pages that'll outline the perceived strengths/weaknesses of the houses and offer to sort you through quizzes if you want to google it and lose an hour or three.

Gryffindor: The house of the brave, loyal, courageous, adventurous, daring, and chivalrous. Those who stand up for others are typically Gryffindors. Brave-hearted is the most well-known Gryffindor characteristic, and Gryffindors are also known for having a lot of nerve.

Gryffindors are people who hold a multitude of qualities alongside the ones listed, making them a very well-rounded house. People who are Gryffindors are often people who could fit nicely into another house but choose to tell the sorting hat they want Gryffindor (there's that bravery). "Do what is right" is the motto Gryffindors go by.

Being a Gryffindor means that you're probably an adventurous and courageous friend, and you are usually known for doing what is right.

Ravenclaw: The house is known for their wisdom, intelligence, creativity, cleverness, and knowledge. Those who value brains over brawn can be found here. Ravenclaws often tend to be quite quirky as well. "Do what is wise" is the motto they strive to follow.

Though Ravenclaws can be know-it-alls sometimes, they most likely do know what the wisest decision is.

If you are known for being the quirky friend, the smartest in the group or just great at making wise decisions, you're definitely a Ravenclaw.

Hufflepuff: This house values hard work, dedication, fair play, patience, and loyalty. Hufflepuff's are known for being just and true. "Do what is nice" is their motto.

Hufflepuff is known as the “nice house" and believes strongly in sparing people's feelings and being kind. This is not to say that Hufflepuffs aren't smart or courageous. Hufflepuffs just enjoy making others happy and tend to be more patient toward people.

If you ever find that you are too nice for your own good and cannot bear to hurt someone's feelings, congratulations, you are a Hufflepuff.

Slytherin: This is the house of the cunning, prideful, resourceful, ambitious, intelligent, and determined. Slytherin's love to be in charge and crave leadership. "Do what is necessary" is the motto of this house.

Slytherin is a fairly well-rounded house, similar to the other houses. They are loyal to those that are loyal to them just as Gryffindors are and are intelligent as Ravenclaws.

Slytherin house as a whole is not evil, despite how many dark wizards come out of this house. That is merely based on the choices of those wizards (so if your friend is a Slytherin, don't judge, it doesn't mean they are mean people). Slytherins do, however, have a tendency to be arrogant or prideful. This is most likely due to the fact that everyone in Slytherin is exceedingly proud to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfSiege97 View Post
    i can pretty much guess which answers determined this, but am still curious about the algorithm....
    Yes me too and especially seeing where they've overlapped on the characters.
    Last edited by Stoney; 22-04-19 at 01:52 PM.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (22-04-19),Priceless (22-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19),StateOfSiege97 (22-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 777 Posts

I'd love to know what leans a result one way or the other with these things as I don't think any of our answers you mentioned matched apart from Gryffindor (which I only opted for because I've previously taken a Sorting Hat Quiz which had me as mostly Gryffindor or Ravenclaw). If I put in Ravenclaw with all my other answers the same I still get Spike. I suspect answering 'Spike' for favourites, writing as a dream job, black as fave colour and Rest in Peace as my favourite OMWF song might be 'Spike' ones that together tipped it that way. Also that I can be blunt as a fault perhaps.
    I answered 'Spike' for favourite character too, though! And writing as a dream job too. I altered my favourite colours from purple, pink and red. And I did the quiz several times with different answers for the Harry Potter thing. But I still kept getting Buffy. The quiz seems to work in mysterious ways, ha. While I think it's accurate ( I do identify most closely with Buffy), I'm not sure HOW the quiz reaches its conclusions.
    buffylover made this stunning banner

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

bespangled (23-04-19),Stoney (22-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    I answered 'Spike' for favourite character too, though! And writing as a dream job too. I altered my favourite colours from purple, pink and red. And I did the quiz several times with different answers for the Harry Potter thing. But I still kept getting Buffy. The quiz seems to work in mysterious ways, ha. While I think it's accurate ( I do identify most closely with Buffy), I'm not sure HOW the quiz reaches its conclusions.
    I've never constructed anything like this but I would imagine that it assigns an answer (or perhaps even two) to each character. So it is whichever you get the highest percentage match to overall as no doubt some overlapping will probably occur. Some quizzes clearly give one answer per character and they are less interesting as you are practically picking what your end result will be as you go along. This was a bit less blatant. I'd love to know what the background set up is, it's just intriguing.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19),TimeTravellingBunny (23-04-19),TriBel (22-04-19)

Thanks

I've never constructed anything like this but I would imagine that it assigns an answer (or perhaps even two) to each character. So it is whichever you get the highest percentage match to overall as no doubt some overlapping will probably occur. Some quizzes clearly give one answer per character and they are less interesting as you are practically picking what your end result will be as you go along. This was a bit less blatant. I'd love to know what the background set up is, it's just intriguing.
    Is it new? - because if so, I got the impression it was constructed by someone on another board. I know because Kennedy was originally missing from the list of people you dislike and it was added later.

Thanks

No idea. I've seen things like this on and off over the years. This could be a revised one.

Thanks

Thanks Stoney for the Harry Potter info. I guess I must be Hufflepuff because I don't really fit anywhere else. I shall try the quiz again and see if anything changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Just changed myself to Hufflepuff and got Spike

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (22-04-19),Stoney (22-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 971 Posts

I also chose hufflepuff and got Spike. Honestly I'm glad to get him although I can't truthfully say I'm anything like him. As a mother of 3 daughters I kind of think I should have gotten Joyce. Or as an adult often surrounded by those who are younger than me I should have gotten Giles.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (22-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

I also got Spike and I think it has more to do with me choosing drama as my favorite film genre. After all, Spike is a bit of a drama queen, isn`t he? In a nice way, of course

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

38. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

TriBel (24-04-19)