Thread: GoT Season 8

Library Researcher HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Default GoT Season 8

Anyone catch the premiere?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 699 Posts

Oh, hell yes. It was terrific to watch characters you wish would meet actually meet! The conflicts have all been laid out - and they are all nicely organic. Tyrion and Sansa meeting was wonderful - and I live Sansa's parting shot. "you believe Cersei will send troops to come to your aid. I used to think you were the cleverest man alive."
    Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments...The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are. Proudly banned by the BB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (17-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,667 Posts

Yeah...watched it this morning at stupid o'clock (2am UK time) because I'm a loser and just watched it again. God - it was dark! Were they filming by candlelight? I turned the brightness on the TV up to 90% the second time I watched it.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 3,346 Posts

No! I've still got 4 more seasons to get through before I can treat myself to S8!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (17-04-19),TriBel (16-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,318 Times in 5,050 Posts

I watched it this evening. I'm assuming I can talk spoilers.... There were some great moments in there but it also lacked some urgency and pace for me, considering what has been happening leading to the start of this season. Cersei's manipulations, her senses of frustration and times of satisfaction were particularly interesting and I can't wait to see her response to Theon's actions and what Bronn chooses to do re: the two brothers. That was an especially intriguing choice on Cersei's part.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

bespangled (16-04-19)

Library Researcher HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Not even sure if it was Cersei's doing. Maybe Qyburn acting on his own? I have a theory that maybe after the North & allies barely defeat the army of the dead. Then Cersei attacks with her bank army. Maybe Daario shows up (with help of Yara) to (reinforce Danaerys & Co.) save the day. Anyway, that's my idea...