Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: BtVS Episode Endings elimination game

Thanks
    Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,190 Posts

- Witch
    + Harvest Giles critique of consumer capitalism.

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 8

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 4

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 10

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 10

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 4

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 4

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    11. Welcome to the Hellmouth
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,875 Times in 5,744 Posts

+ Witch (I really think this deserves to reach the final five)
    - Out of Mind, Out of Sight

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 8

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 5

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 10

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 10

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 4

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 3

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,848 Times in 2,287 Posts

Oh come on. The Harvest emding with everyone being happy after their friend's death is one of the worst tjings about season 1. It has to go before the final 5.
    But Nightmares is the next worst. So I will focus on that one.
    + OOMOOS
    - Nightmares

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 5

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 3

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,623 Posts

- Nightmares
    + Puppet Show

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 11

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[[/QUOTE]

Thanks

- Nightmares
    + The Harvest

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 9

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 11

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,213 Times in 825 Posts

- Nightmares (eliminated)
    + The Puppet Show

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 9

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 12

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    buffylover made this stunning banner

Thanks

- OOM, OOS
    + I, Robot

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 11

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 12

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Slayer
    Thanks

- OOM, OOS
    + I, Robot

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 12

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Am I missing something with Puppet Show? What does O.Rex have to do with the story?

- OOM, OOS
    + The Harvest

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 10

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 12

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,319 Times in 2,831 Posts

- OOM, OOS (Eliminated)
    + Witch

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 10

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Out of Mind, Out of Sight
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    - "The earth is doomed" -

Thanks

this was a reset. With your vote:

+ The Puppet Show
    - The Harvest

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 4

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 6

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 5

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 6

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

+ I, Robot
    - The Harvest

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 3

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 6

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 6

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ The Harvest
    - The Witch

Nope - I like The Harvest because of its long term resonance (in the same way I like Spike's "Home, Sweet Home", which - on reflection - is possibly one of the most significant lines in the series). I could make the argument that Xander is as thoughtless about his loss at the end of Chosen as he is at the end of The Harvest. However, we know from the comics that his loss was significant and that Anya (literally) haunts him. Perhaps he's also haunted by Jess? I'm going on the signifying power of the last line as a last line - an epigraph - not necessarily on the story preceding it. And all that sounded far less preachy in my head.

The Witch - just doesn't work for me. Sorry.

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 4

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

I quite like all of these endings. In fact, besides the ending of Nightmares which is very forgettable and generic (besides Xander being a bit of a hypocrite towards attraction/vampires) I'm surprised by how nicely all of the Season 1 episodes wrap up.

+ IRYJ (I genuinely love this scene but I also want it to win because otherwise I don't think IRYJ would ever win anything else!)
    - The Puppet Show (It's a funny and endearing scene but it's also an after credits scene as opposed to the regular final scene of the episode so I'm eliminating it on that basis)

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 7

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    + IRYJ (I genuinely love this scene but I also want it to win because otherwise I don't think IRYJ would ever win anything else!)
    Ha, yes! I'd thought exactly the same thing about this.

I don't disagree with you about liking the tie to S7 that The Harvest has TriBel but, for me, weighing that heavily in to judging it in the context of this elimination is taking it beyond the ending for its own strength. If that makes sense. But that's just down to how we subjectively draw lines on what to vote for/against I suppose.

Thanks

IRYJ should and I'm sure will win.
    The ending of Chosen is bittersweet, not upbeat, and Xander is not flippant about losing Anya.
    Season 1 simply suffered from the reset button syndrome, which stopped in season 2 (immediately when Buffy was genuinely traumatized by her death in PG).

+ The Puppet Show
    - The Harvest

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 3

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 23-02-19 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks

TTB with your negative votes The Harvest should now be at 3 points instead of 4

18. The Following User Says Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (23-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

+ IRYJ
    - The Harvest

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 2

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ IRYJ
    - The Harvest

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 1

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 1,718 Posts

+ The Harvest
    - Witch

I can`t let The Harvest go without a fight. "The Earth is doomed" is an iconic line for Giles. The ending of Witch is actually very cruel if you consider, that Amy`s mom is trapped inside the statue for more than six years and then gets sucked into the Sunnydale crater. By the way, does she (finally) get killed in Chosen?

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 2

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 4

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    07. Nightmares
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    Last edited by flow; 23-02-19 at 09:31 PM.
    ................................ Banner by buffylover