Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: BtVS Episode Endings elimination game

Thanks
    Thanked 14,034 Times in 5,808 Posts

+ I, Robot
    - The Pack *gone* RESET

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 5

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 5

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 5

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 5

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 6

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 5

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 5

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 5

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    11. Welcome to the Hellmouth
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,307 Posts

+ I, Robot
    - The Harvest - for forgetting Jesse so quickly

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 4

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 5

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 5

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 5

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 7

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 5

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 5

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 5

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,026 Times in 2,195 Posts

+ The Harvest For having a line I remember (and, in mitigation of the Scoobies, I also forget Jesse).
    - Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : Because I have to wait until SH for the kid to die.

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 5

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 4

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,257 Times in 1,753 Posts

+ Prophecy Girl
    - Never Kill a Boy on the First Date

Prophecy Girl is not my favorite Episode of season 1, but closing on The Masters bones and thus foreshadopwing his attempted resurrection in season 2 is a good job.

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 3

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Prophecy Girl is not my favorite Episode of season 1, but closing on The Masters bones and thus foreshadopwing his attempted resurrection in season 2 is a good job.
    I like that too. I think it's definitely one of the strongest of the season and should make the top 5.

+ The Puppet Show
    - Angel (it always really distracts/irritate me that how they are positioned means her cross wouldn't have touched him where the burn it)

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 3

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 4

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 6

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    Last edited by Stoney; 20-02-19 at 09:58 PM.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,623 Posts

+ IRYJ
    - Nightmares

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 4

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 8

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 6

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,260 Times in 831 Posts

+ The Puppet Show
    - Witch

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 4

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 8

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 7

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    buffylover made this stunning banner

Thanks

I think the end of Witch is in the stronger half of those that are left. The effect of the trapped eyes in the statue wasn't a great visual for sure, but the idea of Catherine being physically frozen forever in a representation of her glory years, as she was in many ways emotionally/psychologically so that it warped her as it did, really quite chilling.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (21-02-19)

Thanks

+ The Harvest
    - Never Kill a Boy on the First Date

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 6

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 4

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 2

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

I think the end of Witch is in the stronger half of those that are left. The effect of the trapped eyes in the statue wasn't a great visual for sure, but the idea of Catherine being physically frozen forever in a representation of her glory years, as she was in many ways emotionally/psychologically so that it warped her as it did, really quite chilling.
    Oh, I definitely agree the idea of Catherine staying frozen in that state forever is really eerie, I think it's conceptualised really well, given that it's a literalization of her real-life state trapped in the image of her glory years. That episode is actually one of my early season favourites. And I actually really like the line "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring", I thought it was a witty closing line to the themes of the episode.

But the great line and the concept were at odds with the execution of it for me -- Catherine's eyes popping out of the trophy, just felt very forced when I watched it - like something out of one of those Goosebumps stories, the Cuckoo Clock of Doom or something - I don't know why. It's funny that I didn't feel like that with The Puppet Show though. It could be that I'll see it differently now if I watch it again. But I didn't have the heart to vote off any of the other endings so I picked Witch. But I could probably shoot for NKaBtFD instead of Witch - which does deserve it IMO.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (21-02-19),Stoney (21-02-19)

Thanks

The execution of the eyes is definitely poor, but the idea I think is solid enough to forgive it for that against a few of the others. I don't think it is a contender to win, it's just still one of the better ends for me. You should of course vote how you like, I just had to put the argument for the concept's strength forward.

+ Witch
    - Angel

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 6

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 2

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (21-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    + The Harvest For having a line I remember (and, in mitigation of the Scoobies, I also forget Jesse).
    But Jesse was not one of your best friends.

- The Harvest
    + The Puppet Show

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 4

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

The points have gone funny on TTB's turn, this is what it should be after TriBel, Stoney, TTB...

TTB's votes...
    + The Puppet Show
    - The Harvest

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 3

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

I was trying to quote two different posts, one for the comments and the other for the points...I guess things went wrong there.

Slayer
    Thanks

+ The Puppet Show
    - NKABOTFD

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 1

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:

Thanks

+ The Puppet Show
    - NKABOTFD (gone)

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 0

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ The Harvest
    - Angel - I dunno. Seems to me it hasn't aged that well.

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 2

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ I, Robot
    - Angel - I dunno. Seems to me it hasn't aged that well.

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 1

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Bronze Party-Goer StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

+ The Harvest
    - Angel - dusted, as Angel himself was not....

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 7

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 0

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:

Slayer
    Thanks

-OOM OOS
    + IRYJ

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 7

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 0

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 10

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Angel
    09. NKABOTFD
    10. The Pack
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]