Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1282

Thread: BtVS Episode Endings elimination game

Thanks
    Thanked 13,435 Times in 5,572 Posts

- Dirty girls
    + Same Time, Same Place

Lessons : The First boasts of things going to plan, mocking Spike's attempt to change and his/Buffy's desire to do the right thing. - "It's not about right, not about wrong... it's about power." - 9

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 10

Same Time, Same Place : After reconnecting and acknowledging their worries/the cause of the not-seeing spell, Buffy offers her strength to assist Willow heal which Willow assures her will help. - "Good." - 7

Help : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After asking what you do when you accept that sometimes you can't help, we see Buffy return to work and start going through her files. - 3

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 5

Conversations with Dead People : Having revealed that Spike sired him, we return to see Buffy dusting Holden and looking shocked. - Lyrics: “Can I spend the night, alone?” - 8

Sleeper : "I'll take care of it- " - As Giles looks to reassure the dying Robson we see a robed man come up behind him and swing a battle axe. - 2

Never Leave Me : "Now, Spike, wanna see what a real vampire looks like?" - Spike’s blood is used to open the seal and we see a Turok Han emerge. - 5

Bring on the Night : Although having been badly beaten, Buffy gives a rousing speech, acknowledging the threat but declaring war and displaying conviction about defeating The First. - “Any questions?” - 6

Showtime : "You. Oh." - Spike is surprised when he realises Buffy has come to rescue him, the scene ends as she supports him and they leave the cave together. - 7

Potential : "Yeah." - Having seen Dawn's acceptance she wasn't a potential, Xander relates/assures her of her value. Moved Dawn acknowledges his power, then continues to research. - 6

First Date : The First manipulates Robin, appearing as Nikki and leading him to realise it was Spike that killed his mum. - “Thank you.” - 5

Get It Done : “What did they show you?” - We see the vision the shadow men gave Buffy, of thousands of Turok-Han as an army underground. - 5

Storyteller : "I guess I'm-" - Andrew makes one last video, in which he accepts he may not survive and perhaps that is how it should be. Finding he's unable to finish, the scene ends with him turning it off. - 6

Lies My Parents Told Me : “No, I think you’ve taught me everything I need to know.” - When Giles tries to approach Buffy to impress upon her his reasons for colluding to have Spike killed, she cuts across what he's saying and then shuts her door on him. - 7

Dirty Girls : Caleb talks to The First about his belief in their coming victory, as we see Buffy looking in on those wounded in battle and then walking the streets alone looking troubled. - "I told you it had a happy ending." - 2

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 5

Touched : “Everybody, get down!” - Faith and the potentials find a ticking bomb counting down to zero. - 5

Chosen : "What are we gonna do now?” - As the others chatter, Buffy continues to stare at the crater that was Sunnydale, considering what's next and starts to smile. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:
    Season 1 winner: I Robot, You Jane
    Season 2 winner: Innocence
    Season 3 winner: Graduation Day (Pt 1)
    Season 4 winner: Restless
    Season 5 winner: I Was Made to Love You
    Season 6 winner: Smashed

Bronze Party-Goer StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

- Sleeper
    + Empty Places

Lessons : The First boasts of things going to plan, mocking Spike's attempt to change and his/Buffy's desire to do the right thing. - "It's not about right, not about wrong... it's about power." - 9

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 10

Same Time, Same Place : After reconnecting and acknowledging their worries/the cause of the not-seeing spell, Buffy offers her strength to assist Willow heal which Willow assures her will help. - "Good." - 7

Help : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After asking what you do when you accept that sometimes you can't help, we see Buffy return to work and start going through her files. - 3

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 5

Conversations with Dead People : Having revealed that Spike sired him, we return to see Buffy dusting Holden and looking shocked. - Lyrics: “Can I spend the night, alone?” - 8

Sleeper : "I'll take care of it- " - As Giles looks to reassure the dying Robson we see a robed man come up behind him and swing a battle axe. - 1

Never Leave Me : "Now, Spike, wanna see what a real vampire looks like?" - Spike’s blood is used to open the seal and we see a Turok Han emerge. - 5

Bring on the Night : Although having been badly beaten, Buffy gives a rousing speech, acknowledging the threat but declaring war and displaying conviction about defeating The First. - “Any questions?” - 6

Showtime : "You. Oh." - Spike is surprised when he realises Buffy has come to rescue him, the scene ends as she supports him and they leave the cave together. - 7

Potential : "Yeah." - Having seen Dawn's acceptance she wasn't a potential, Xander relates/assures her of her value. Moved Dawn acknowledges his power, then continues to research. - 6

First Date : The First manipulates Robin, appearing as Nikki and leading him to realise it was Spike that killed his mum. - “Thank you.” - 5

Get It Done : “What did they show you?” - We see the vision the shadow men gave Buffy, of thousands of Turok-Han as an army underground. - 5

Storyteller : "I guess I'm-" - Andrew makes one last video, in which he accepts he may not survive and perhaps that is how it should be. Finding he's unable to finish, the scene ends with him turning it off. - 6

Lies My Parents Told Me : “No, I think you’ve taught me everything I need to know.” - When Giles tries to approach Buffy to impress upon her his reasons for colluding to have Spike killed, she cuts across what he's saying and then shuts her door on him. - 7

Dirty Girls : Caleb talks to The First about his belief in their coming victory, as we see Buffy looking in on those wounded in battle and then walking the streets alone looking troubled. - "I told you it had a happy ending." - 2

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 6

Touched : “Everybody, get down!” - Faith and the potentials find a ticking bomb counting down to zero. - 5

Chosen : "What are we gonna do now?” - As the others chatter, Buffy continues to stare at the crater that was Sunnydale, considering what's next and starts to smile. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 774 Posts

- Sleeper (*put to sleep*)
    + CWDP

Conversations with Dead People : Having revealed that Spike sired him, we return to see Buffy dusting Holden and looking shocked. - Lyrics: “Can I spend the night, alone?” - 9

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:
    buffylover made this stunning banner

Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

- Never Leave Me
    + Help

Help : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After asking what you do when you accept that sometimes you can't help, we see Buffy return to work and start going through her files. - 4

Conversations with Dead People : Having revealed that Spike sired him, we return to see Buffy dusting Holden and looking shocked. - Lyrics: “Can I spend the night, alone?” - 9

Never Leave Me : "Now, Spike, wanna see what a real vampire looks like?" - Spike’s blood is used to open the seal and we see a Turok Han emerge. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Thanks

+ Never Leave Me
    - Dirty Girls

Help : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After asking what you do when you accept that sometimes you can't help, we see Buffy return to work and start going through her files. - 4

Dirty Girls : Caleb talks to The First about his belief in their coming victory, as we see Buffy looking in on those wounded in battle and then walking the streets alone looking troubled. - "I told you it had a happy ending." - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks

+ Empty Places
    - Dirty Girls (set adrift)

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,264 Posts

- Empty Places
    + Beneath You

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

I confess that I utterly fail to comprehend the animus
    directed against Empty Places

That against the episode itself, yes—

But the ending—?

Although I would not rank it above the absolute
    finest of the season, I cannot but argue that it
    unquestionably does not deserve to go so early...

What it gives us to think, where it moves through us:

A sense of how much Faith has changed: yes, she
    challenges Buffy, but not in the vicious way that others—
    Anya, the potentials—do... And she does so without
    manifesting the slightest drive to possess power for
    its own sake, the slightest sense that she deserves
    it... Moreover, in the aftermath of Buffy's violent
    exiling, Faith approaches her with regret, apology—
    and a sense that she can grasp Buffy's pain, given
    her own long sense of feeling set outside, rejected—

But even more, what that final scene gives us—

Buffy has suffered brutal treatment: all that she has
    done, given, sacrificed for seven years the others have
    violently erased, even as her words have fallen on
    the deafest of ears... She has been turned out of her
    own home—

And her response to Faith, the one given her place, shows
    no anger, no resentment (yes, both surfaced in the debate,
    when the attack upon Buffy drove her past her best, but
    now both have dissipated): she offers Faith the essence of
    all she has gleaned from the years the others have just
    thrown away as meaningless, the wisdom and grace
    with which they have imbued her, the ethics that she has
    given her chosenness to infuse her, inhabit her, sinew to
    synapse to bone—

"Protect them, but lead them"—

These words, spoken from so empty a place, from
    the site of Buffy's emptying by the selfishness,
    fear, misunderstanding of the others, carry the
    Slayer's constitutive obligation to the
    other—Potential, random stranger, the world—

These words, spoken in absolute generosity, give Faith,
    so unknown to the art of leading, what she needs to
    at once shield the Potentials with her power and, at
    the same time, bring that power to bear on them in
    a way that may save the world—

These words give a fullness to the terrible
    abyss the empty violence of the others'
    utterances have opened, opened in
    Buffy, wounding, and in the world's future,
    endangering....

To me, the moment carries deep meaning—

Far more meaning, more heft, more affective
    force than countless other endings that remain—

Last edited by StateOfSiege97; 23-08-19 at 04:26 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StateOfSiege97 For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (24-08-19),Stoney (23-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 971 Posts

- Help
    + Empty places

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 11

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:
    Season 6 winner: Smashed[/QUOTE]

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

Thanks

- Selfless
    + Never Leave Me

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 4

Never Leave Me : "Now, Spike, wanna see what a real vampire looks like?" - Spike’s blood is used to open the seal and we see a Turok Han emerge. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks

- Help
    + Empty Places

Help : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After asking what you do when you accept that sometimes you can't help, we see Buffy return to work and start going through her files. - 2

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 4

Never Leave Me : "Now, Spike, wanna see what a real vampire looks like?" - Spike’s blood is used to open the seal and we see a Turok Han emerge. - 6

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks

- Selfless
    + Storyteller

Help : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After asking what you do when you accept that sometimes you can't help, we see Buffy return to work and start going through her files. - 2

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 3

Storyteller : "I guess I'm-" - Andrew makes one last video, in which he accepts he may not survive and perhaps that is how it should be. Finding he's unable to finish, the scene ends with him turning it off. - 7

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks

- Help
    + Benearh you

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 12

Help : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After asking what you do when you accept that sometimes you can't help, we see Buffy return to work and start going through her files. - 1

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 3

Storyteller : "I guess I'm-" - Andrew makes one last video, in which he accepts he may not survive and perhaps that is how it should be. Finding he's unable to finish, the scene ends with him turning it off. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:
    Season 6 winner: Smashed[/QUOTE]

Thanks

- Selfless
    + Storyteller

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 12

Help : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After asking what you do when you accept that sometimes you can't help, we see Buffy return to work and start going through her files. - 1

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 2

Storyteller : "I guess I'm-" - Andrew makes one last video, in which he accepts he may not survive and perhaps that is how it should be. Finding he's unable to finish, the scene ends with him turning it off. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks

- Help (abandoned.... )
    + LMPTM

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 2

Storyteller : "I guess I'm-" - Andrew makes one last video, in which he accepts he may not survive and perhaps that is how it should be. Finding he's unable to finish, the scene ends with him turning it off. - 8

Lies My Parents Told Me : “No, I think you’ve taught me everything I need to know.” - When Giles tries to approach Buffy to impress upon her his reasons for colluding to have Spike killed, she cuts across what he's saying and then shuts her door on him. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    17. Help
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks

- Selfless
    + Get It Done

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 1

Get It Done : “What did they show you?” - We see the vision the shadow men gave Buffy, of thousands of Turok-Han as an army underground. - 6

Lies My Parents Told Me : “No, I think you’ve taught me everything I need to know.” - When Giles tries to approach Buffy to impress upon her his reasons for colluding to have Spike killed, she cuts across what he's saying and then shuts her door on him. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    17. Help
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks

- Touched
    + Chosen

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 1

Get It Done : “What did they show you?” - We see the vision the shadow men gave Buffy, of thousands of Turok-Han as an army underground. - 6

Touched : “Everybody, get down!” - Faith and the potentials find a ticking bomb counting down to zero. - 4

Chosen : "What are we gonna do now?” - As the others chatter, Buffy continues to stare at the crater that was Sunnydale, considering what's next and starts to smile. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    17. Help
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks

- Selfless *dust* RESET
    + Same Time, Same Place

Lessons : The First boasts of things going to plan, mocking Spike's attempt to change and his/Buffy's desire to do the right thing. - "It's not about right, not about wrong... it's about power." - 5

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 5

Same Time, Same Place : After reconnecting and acknowledging their worries/the cause of the not-seeing spell, Buffy offers her strength to assist Willow heal which Willow assures her will help. - "Good." - 6

Conversations with Dead People : Having revealed that Spike sired him, we return to see Buffy dusting Holden and looking shocked. - Lyrics: “Can I spend the night, alone?” - 5

Bring on the Night : Although having been badly beaten, Buffy gives a rousing speech, acknowledging the threat but declaring war and displaying conviction about defeating The First. - “Any questions?” - 5

Showtime : "You. Oh." - Spike is surprised when he realises Buffy has come to rescue him, the scene ends as she supports him and they leave the cave together. - 5

Potential : "Yeah." - Having seen Dawn's acceptance she wasn't a potential, Xander relates/assures her of her value. Moved Dawn acknowledges his power, then continues to research. - 5

Storyteller : "I guess I'm-" - Andrew makes one last video, in which he accepts he may not survive and perhaps that is how it should be. Finding he's unable to finish, the scene ends with him turning it off. - 5

Lies My Parents Told Me : “No, I think you’ve taught me everything I need to know.” - When Giles tries to approach Buffy to impress upon her his reasons for colluding to have Spike killed, she cuts across what he's saying and then shuts her door on him. - 5

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 5

Chosen : "What are we gonna do now?” - As the others chatter, Buffy continues to stare at the crater that was Sunnydale, considering what's next and starts to smile. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    16. Selfless
    17. Help
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks

- Touched
    + Beneath You

Lessons : The First boasts of things going to plan, mocking Spike's attempt to change and his/Buffy's desire to do the right thing. - "It's not about right, not about wrong... it's about power." - 5

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 6

Same Time, Same Place : After reconnecting and acknowledging their worries/the cause of the not-seeing spell, Buffy offers her strength to assist Willow heal which Willow assures her will help. - "Good." - 6

Conversations with Dead People : Having revealed that Spike sired him, we return to see Buffy dusting Holden and looking shocked. - Lyrics: “Can I spend the night, alone?” - 5

Bring on the Night : Although having been badly beaten, Buffy gives a rousing speech, acknowledging the threat but declaring war and displaying conviction about defeating The First. - “Any questions?” - 5

Showtime : "You. Oh." - Spike is surprised when he realises Buffy has come to rescue him, the scene ends as she supports him and they leave the cave together. - 5

Potential : "Yeah." - Having seen Dawn's acceptance she wasn't a potential, Xander relates/assures her of her value. Moved Dawn acknowledges his power, then continues to research. - 5

Storyteller : "I guess I'm-" - Andrew makes one last video, in which he accepts he may not survive and perhaps that is how it should be. Finding he's unable to finish, the scene ends with him turning it off. - 5

Lies My Parents Told Me : “No, I think you’ve taught me everything I need to know.” - When Giles tries to approach Buffy to impress upon her his reasons for colluding to have Spike killed, she cuts across what he's saying and then shuts her door on him. - 5

Touched : “Everybody, get down!” - Faith and the potentials find a ticking bomb counting down to zero. - 4

Chosen : "What are we gonna do now?” - As the others chatter, Buffy continues to stare at the crater that was Sunnydale, considering what's next and starts to smile. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    16. Selfless
    17. Help
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,264 Posts

- Empty Places
    + Beneath You

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 7

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    16. Selfless
    17. Help
    18. Dirty Girls
    19. Sleeper
    20. Killer in Me
    21. End of Days
    22. Him

Results:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.