Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: BtVS Episode Endings elimination game

Thanks
    Thanked 4,646 Times in 2,187 Posts

+ Becoming 2
    - Surprise

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 5

Lie to Me : As requested, Giles lies about life getting easier. - “Liar.” - 6

Surprise : After sleeping together for the first time, Angel awakes suddenly, staggers outside and falls to the floor crying out in pain/fear - "Buffyyyy!" - 3

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 12

Passion: "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 6

I Only Have Eyes for You : Spike reveals he has recovered from his injury, angrily kicking at his wheelchair after Dru/Angel leave to hunt. - "Sooner than you think." - 3

Becoming (Part 1) : Whistler narrates about the big moments as Buffy races back to the library and is stopped by the police. - "You'll see what I mean." - 5

Becoming (Part 2) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - We see Buffy riding the bus and passing the sign confirming she's leaving Sunnydale - lyrics: "It's better this way". - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    14. What's My Line? (Pt 2)
    15. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
    16. What’s My Line? (Pt 1)
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    19. Some Assembly Required
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:
    Season 1 winner: I Robot, You Jane
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 622 Posts

+ School Hard
    - I Only Have Eyes For You

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 6

Surprise : After sleeping together for the first time, Angel awakes suddenly, staggers outside and falls to the floor crying out in pain/fear - "Buffyyyy!" - 3

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 12

Passion: "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 6

I Only Have Eyes for You : Spike reveals he has recovered from his injury, angrily kicking at his wheelchair after Dru/Angel leave to hunt. - "Sooner than you think." - 2

Becoming (Part 1) : Whistler narrates about the big moments as Buffy races back to the library and is stopped by the police. - "You'll see what I mean." - 5

Becoming (Part 2) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - We see Buffy riding the bus and passing the sign confirming she's leaving Sunnydale - lyrics: "It's better this way". - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:
    I want the fire back. - Buffy Summers

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,754 Times in 1,623 Posts

+ Becoming 1
    - I Only Have Eyes For You

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 6

I Only Have Eyes for You : Spike reveals he has recovered from his injury, angrily kicking at his wheelchair after Dru/Angel leave to hunt. - "Sooner than you think." - 1

Becoming (Part 1) : Whistler narrates about the big moments as Buffy races back to the library and is stopped by the police. - "You'll see what I mean." - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:
    Season 1 winner: I Robot, You Jane[/QUOTE]

Sunnydale High Student StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

+ Becoming 1
    - School Hard

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 5

I Only Have Eyes for You : Spike reveals he has recovered from his injury, angrily kicking at his wheelchair after Dru/Angel leave to hunt. - "Sooner than you think." - 1

Becoming (Part 1) : Whistler narrates about the big moments as Buffy races back to the library and is stopped by the police. - "You'll see what I mean." - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,580 Times in 5,176 Posts

+ Passion
    - Surprise

Surprise : After sleeping together for the first time, Angel awakes suddenly, staggers outside and falls to the floor crying out in pain/fear - "Buffyyyy!" - 2

Passion: "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 7

Becoming (Part 1) : Whistler narrates about the big moments as Buffy races back to the library and is stopped by the police. - "You'll see what I mean." - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Thanks

+ Becoming 2
    - Surprise

Surprise : After sleeping together for the first time, Angel awakes suddenly, staggers outside and falls to the floor crying out in pain/fear - "Buffyyyy!" - 1

Passion: "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 7

Becoming (Part 2) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - We see Buffy riding the bus and passing the sign confirming she's leaving Sunnydale - lyrics: "It's better this way". - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,576 Times in 2,597 Posts

+ Innocence
    - Schoolhard

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 4

Surprise : After sleeping together for the first time, Angel awakes suddenly, staggers outside and falls to the floor crying out in pain/fear - "Buffyyyy!" - 1

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 13

Becoming (Part 2) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - We see Buffy riding the bus and passing the sign confirming she's leaving Sunnydale - lyrics: "It's better this way". - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:
    - "The earth is doomed" -

Thanks

+ Innocence
    - Schoolhard

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 3

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 14

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Thanks

+ Passion
    - Surprise *dust*

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 3

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 14

Passion: "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Slayer
    Thanks

+ Becoming 1
    - IOHEFY (gone)

Passion: "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 8

Becoming (Part 1) : Whistler narrates about the big moments as Buffy races back to the library and is stopped by the police. - "You'll see what I mean." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Thanks

+ Innocence
    - Schoolhard

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 2

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 15

Becoming (Part 1) : Whistler narrates about the big moments as Buffy races back to the library and is stopped by the police. - "You'll see what I mean." - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Thanks

Thank you all so much for playing:

I have a nasty deadline in about 16 hours—
    have not slept, doubt that I will—
    and having this as a momentary distraction
    is so grand an aid....

+ Innocence
    - Schoolhard

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 1

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 16

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StateOfSiege97 For This Useful Post:

Stoney (15-03-19)

Thanks

I probably wouldn't have gone with School Hard next but very soon and as it's the last before reset and the others are all strong comparatively...

+ Passion (not what I want to win but I think it might be targeted before others I'd prefer to go first)
    - Schoolhard *dust* RESET

Lie to Me : As requested, Giles lies about life getting easier. - “Liar.” - 5

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 5

Becoming (Part 2) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - We see Buffy riding the bus and passing the sign confirming she's leaving Sunnydale - lyrics: "It's better this way". - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. School Hard
    07. IOHEFY
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Slayer
    Thanks

- Lie To Me
    + Becoming 1

Lie to Me : As requested, Giles lies about life getting easier. - “Liar.” - 4

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 5

Becoming (Part 1) : Whistler narrates about the big moments as Buffy races back to the library and is stopped by the police. - "You'll see what I mean." - 6

Becoming (Part 2) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - We see Buffy riding the bus and passing the sign confirming she's leaving Sunnydale - lyrics: "It's better this way". - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. School Hard
    07. IOHEFY
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Thanks

+ Becoming 2
    - Passion

Passion: "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. School Hard
    07. IOHEFY
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Thanks

+ Innocence
    - Lie To Me

Lie to Me : As requested, Giles lies about life getting easier. - “Liar.” - 3

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 6

Passion: "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. School Hard
    07. IOHEFY
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Thanks

Ugh some real differences of opinion here.

+ Lie To Me
    - Becoming pt 1

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. School Hard
    07. IOHEFY
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:

Thanks

Yep. It looks like we're all after different things

I adore "Passion" but based strictly on the episode's ending, as gut-wrenching and moving as it was, the floopy disc dropping on the floor isn't powerful to me as Buffy leaning into Joyce on the couch, Buffy running slow-mo through the school hallway, Buffy and Giles standing at Ford's grave, or Buffy fleeing Sunnydale.

+ Innocence
    - Passion

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 7

Passion: "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. School Hard
    07. IOHEFY
    08. Surprise
    09. Halloween
    10. Phases
    11. When She Was Bad
    12. Inca Mummy Girl
    13. The Dark Age
    17. Killed By Death
    18. Ted
    20. Go Fish
    21. Bad Eggs
    22. Reptile Boy

Results:
    Last edited by vampmogs; 15-03-19 at 11:31 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (16-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    Yep. It looks like we're all after different things
    Possibly not entirely. I'm expecting the one I'd choose to win to win (Innocence), so I'm voting on what I'm looking to make the other top slots.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (16-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Possibly not entirely. I'm expecting the one I'd choose to win to win (Innocence), so I'm voting on what I'm looking to make the other top slots.
    Oh I hope so I've rewatched that scene so many times I couldn't even count If you have never seen the HD version I'd recommend you try watching that scene with it as well as SMG looks absolutely stunning in it (it makes the colours just pop when they're quite muted in that scene in the SD version).

All of these last picks are just amazing. For me, I'm trying to think of which ending I like best based on them as a very self-contained scene. I think actually "Innocence" and "Lie to me" are probably my Number 1 & 2 as whilst "Becoming I & II" have amazing endings they're a little more drawn out for me. For example, the ending for "Becoming II" goes on for quite a while and I'm not exactly sure at one point I'm supposed to start judging it from as the "final scene", if that makes sense. Whereas, I think it's obvious that the final scene of "Innocence" starts from the shot of the black and white film panning out to Buffy on the couch and in "Lie to Me" when we open with Buffy/Giles standing by Ford's grave. IMO their endings are just more defied, short and sweet, and pack a huge punch.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (16-03-19),StateOfSiege97 (16-03-19),Stoney (15-03-19)